Are Movies Unwatchable?

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
hoi.polloi

Re: Are Movies Unwatchable?

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Listen to music you like, old and new, regardless of its 'controlled' nature, and follow something on a daily basis for the pleasure it brings you; I follow the previous day's sports results.
The people who made the movie The Matrix were also behind a live-action adaptation of an annoying Japanese cartoon called Speed Racer. I actually enjoyed this movie's depiction of a battle between the power of fictional money and the underdog sports enthusiast/professional trying to win against the moneyed interests trying to rig the game against them. It was an inane pop eyeball festival coupled with an intriguing idea: sports games are all rigged and fixed from the start for political and money reasons, and players will actually under perform to meet their employer coach's wishes to make the results happen. "Take the fall" so to speak, if necessary, but the rebellious "true winner" doesn't throw the game - and in fact wins against the sell-outs' earnest attempts to beat him.

It makes for compelling fiction about the world we live in, but not nearly realistic enough to be more than the dumb physics-defying kids movie it set out to be.

And, unfortunately, given what has been shown to be the power of the media-politician-banker-warmonger collaboration, I doubt there is real chance in hell for such a hero to actually win. Perhaps this is, like The Matrix, more teasing from that same cabal: good luck, sheep!

... not to mention, more subliminal 9/11 tie-ins, as there were in The Matrix?
Dcopymope
Banned

Unread post by Dcopymope »

maggie wrote:I'd rather be aware of how the world around us is manipulated, but, sorry, that knowledge doesn't bring much relief. Rather, it reinforces my belief that we're toast as a species and planet quite soon.
Strangely, some people find comfort in knowing that we're screwed. As for me, its more than knowing this world is screwed, I don't care for the world anyway. I'm not scared of knowing that I am screwed. I'm not afraid of death, death can be a glorious thing under the right circumstances. The only thing I'm afraid of is failing to take as many of the satanic cockroaches with me as possible to stand before God for their judgement, as well as anybody that aids and abets them. After all, as the old saying goes, its better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
Andrew1484
Banned

Unread post by Andrew1484 »

Dcopymope wrote:
maggie wrote:I'd rather be aware of how the world around us is manipulated, but, sorry, that knowledge doesn't bring much relief. Rather, it reinforces my belief that we're toast as a species and planet quite soon.
Strangely, some people find comfort in knowing that we're screwed. As for me, its more than knowing this world is screwed, I don't care for the world anyway. I'm not scared of knowing that I am screwed. I'm not afraid of death, death can be a glorious thing under the right circumstances. The only thing I'm afraid of is failing to take as many of the satanic cockroaches with me as possible to stand before God for their judgement, as well as anybody that aids and abets them. After all, as the old saying goes, its better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
An alternative POV is that two wrongs don't make a right. If we live in love, rather than living in hatred, we need not fear "death" of the material body vehicle either. The cockroaches and locusts are, sadly, a problem for the planet. We need to be (should be) more like honey-bees, doing something useful for life on this planet, instead of something destructive.

An analogy might be something like "Organic versus Chemical Warfare" Farming. If we choose the organic way then we can create a healthy soil, a healthy crop and a healthy mix of insects. If we choose the confrontational "chemical warfare" approach to farming then we kill the soil, create a weak crop and we can be plagued by infestations of (chemical warfare resistant) insect, bacterial, fungal or viral pests. "Requiring" (actually demanding the opposite) even more harsh chemical warfare approaches, until ultimately the "food" itself becomes toxic, as with poisonous GMO pseudo food. Taken even to the utterly insane level that when GMO food expresses the "Epicyte gene" it will deliberately make human consumers of that gene infertile.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAL_AMdMXqY

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAL_AMdMXqY
Some of us "humans" could well be screwed. We may be heading for big cull of the human population if the naughty ones get their way. I personally don't intend to try to fight fire with fire.

Getting back to movies, one way of looking at the stories is that we can try to "deconstruct" the messages being shown, like the age old war between good and evil. The war between the dark side and the light side. Should we choose LOVE or should we choose HATE? In the allegorical movie "The Fifth Element" for example, the "message" was pretty clear, we need to choose love, or we will lose out in the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvLF2ojcPYw

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvLF2ojcPYw
That is also the message of many religious cults. I am actually an atheist, but that is the message of the Christian cult, for a start. It is a pity for me that most "Christians" don't seem to get it.
lux

Unread post by lux »

CTGal1011 wrote:It is kind of strange. By constantly looking for the social engineering part of everything, it kind of takes the enjoyment out of a lot of activities.
I think it's a lot like coming off an addictive drug. Maybe what you thought was enjoyment wasn't at all. Lots of former drug addicts say they miss the "rush" of getting high but still prefer living in a more real world with real emotions and even real problems.
So that looking for the "fakery" now becomes the enjoyment, so I miss the point of almost every news story, and the plot of every movie. Because the point isn't the point, and the plot isn't the plot. Does that make sense? Life used to be so...simple. Then I woke up. And it has become infinitely more difficult since my eyes have started to actually see.
From the way you describe it I don't think you're missing anything. You're just seeing more deeply into what is presented to you than the average person. Besides, finding the fakery and social engineering IS fun. :)
For all of you who have been "seeing" for a long time, how do you start enjoying again? It is hard for me not to be negative and cynical about everything in the world. Even when I do something mundane, like eat an apple from my own orchard, I think about chem trails and run off and what has touched my apples, even though I haven't done a thing to them.
I don't think that enjoyment of life or "happiness" has anything to do with emotion. It's not a matter of how many times you laugh or smile or feel giddy, etc. I think it has more to do with pride in oneself and in achieving something that one really feels is valuable or worthwhile.

Have you ever heard someone say, "I didn't realize how happy I was" in reference to some past situation that they regret leaving behind?

A lot of seemingly "grumpy" hard working people who rarely seem to laugh or smile ARE truly happy as hell though they may not realize it.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

lux wrote:I don't think that enjoyment of life or "happiness" has anything to do with emotion. It's not a matter of how many times you laugh or smile or feel giddy, etc. I think it has more to do with pride in oneself and in achieving something that one really feels is valuable or worthwhile.
Totally agree; that's exactly how I see it myself.
Dcopymope
Banned

Dcopymope wrote:As time goes along, I keep hearing the Luciferian philosophy being preached more frequently in various ways, the core belief of the U.N supported New Age movement. One such recent example from the movie industry is the viral advert created for Ridley Scotts movie 'Prometheus'.

'And ye shall be as gods':
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GROrp3XBRrE

All Joe average will get out of this video is a CEO talking about his intent to build a robot. What I hear is a CEO preaching the original lie of Satan to Eve about becoming god, through transhumanism, the merging of man and machine. This is the carrot (or should I say fruit) on the stick for the masses to grab at that will lead them right into the New World Order. This is how it began and this is how it will end.

The given official plot of the movie itself makes me even more suspicious:

"A team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a journey to the darkest corners of the universe."

So yet again, the alien deception will serve as the X-factor for the real New World Order/Brave New World system to emerge.
Continuing on from this post, I have a scenario that I am now almost certain will play a part in the alien deception, its concerning the Biblical story of the Nephilim giants in Genesis 6. Lots of bones have purportedly been found over the years that seem to range anywhere from 7 to 12 feet, only many of them have supposedly been proven a hoax. Some suspect that the reason why we haven't found much if any evidence for these beasts is because its being covered up, with groups like the Smithsonian Institute as one of the main culprits. Assuming there is a cover up, then the obvious reason we don't see them displayed in museums is because it would fly in the face of the theory of evolution and the overall alien agenda, specifically if it is somehow proven to be the Nephilim of the Bible.

The way I see it, if there wasn't anything to the idea of the Nephilim, then we wouldn't be seeing groups like the History Channel making shows like Ancient Aliens that go out their way to try and convince us that the Nephilim were an "alien race" that "descended from the sky" and created humans, above all the other blatant lies they state about the Bible. This is in fact what was shown at the beginning of the movie Prometheus with the grey alien giants, which was inspired by the Ancient Astronaut theory, as they pawned these abominations off as our creators from a distant galaxy. Of course, you should know from looking at the video called 'Ancient Aliens Debunked', and if you've read the passage yourself that the text clearly says nothing of the sort. What they are actually doing is elevating this demonic copulation of fallen angels with humans, as the Bible and other ancient text describes it, to the level of God, showing themselves for the little Satanic cockroaches they really are. The artificial insemination crap was the shows backhanded way to imply that Jesus along with Noah was just another alien creation.

The specific video concerned: Nephilim - Ancient Aliens Debunked:
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44WCpGvz6ck

Luciferian Agenda: Promoting Sex With Fallen Angels:
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIECt4PWpww

This gave me an even clearer picture of how the alien deception will likely be carried out. Some think that the deception will start with a 'find' by NASA, some think it could be an archaeological 'find' or revealing, while others think it will a mass sighting of craft over every city with a landing of one craft, in the style of 'The Day The Earth Stood Still'. I think its going to be all of it.

NASA will announce to the world their 'discovery' of a microbe, and they will tell the world that this microbe just happens to have the same DNA structure as ours. After all, the stated objective of the Curiosity Rover is to "judge whether the Red Planet ever had an environment capable of supporting microbial life". They will show the world a few giant skeletons and pawn them off as the "Ancient Astronauts" that manipulated the DNA of apes which resulted in the creation of modern humans, guiding our "evolution" along, they will say, as this will give the evolutionists, or what I call the Ancient Astronaut Darwinists, the chance to explain the DNA code. At the moment, their theory has no real evidence to stand on, but should this scenario happen they will have the "conclusive evidence" or "missing link" as some call it to explain how we magically changed from primate to human, which is why many of the Darwinists are jumping on the interventionist bandwagon now. Alien spacecraft over every city would be the nail in the coffin.
I, Gestalta

Unread post by I, Gestalta »

Lots of bones have purportedly been found over the years that seem to range anywhere from 7 to 12 feet, only many of them have supposedly been proven a hoax.
Dcopymope,

Please note that I am a Christian and, furthermore, that I have an enormous amount of respect for Chris White and his research. This is not a means of manipulation by appealing to you---I am merely addressing what I think is our common ground so as to rule out the possibility of you considering me to be dogmatically opposed to the mere idea of the Nephilim. I'm not.

However, I have seen nothing but overwhelming evidence suggesting that the imagery surrounding the archaeological discoveries of Nephilim is, in each instance, fabricated. Since I have no reason to doubt your intellectual honesty, I will simply assume that you have researched this matter for yourself.

That said, I am curious as to your usage of the underlined and emboldened word in the above quote---it seems to insinuate that, for you, something does not add up in regards to the debunking of these seemingly whimsical images. I spent an entire day looking into these "discoveries" some time ago, conducting everything from image analysis to "digging" up information about the archaeologists, scientists and photographers present at the real expeditions from which the "Nephilim" images and stories were derived.

Have you come across something which I have not?
Dcopymope
Banned

I, Gestalta wrote:
Lots of bones have purportedly been found over the years that seem to range anywhere from 7 to 12 feet, only many of them have supposedly been proven a hoax.
Dcopymope,

Please note that I am a Christian and, furthermore, that I have an enormous amount of respect for Chris White and his research. This is not a means of manipulation by appealing to you---I am merely addressing what I think is our common ground so as to rule out the possibility of you considering me to be dogmatically opposed to the mere idea of the Nephilim. I'm not.

However, I have seen nothing but overwhelming evidence suggesting that the imagery surrounding the archaeological discoveries of Nephilim is, in each instance, fabricated. Since I have no reason to doubt your intellectual honesty, I will simply assume that you have researched this matter for yourself.

That said, I am curious as to your usage of the underlined and emboldened word in the above quote---it seems to insinuate that, for you, something does not add up in regards to the debunking of these seemingly whimsical images. I spent an entire day looking into these "discoveries" some time ago, conducting everything from image analysis to "digging" up information about the archaeologists, scientists and photographers present at the real expeditions from which the "Nephilim" images and stories were derived.

Have you come across something which I have not?
Not really, I know about as much as you do. Whether what has been shown was 'proven' to be fake or not, don't be surprised if at some point down the road they show us a bunch of giant skeletons, and in some way connect these bones to whatever NASA will 'find' in an effort to pawn them off as our engineers, because I can clearly see where this conditioning is going. At the very least, there motive is very clear. What is going to matter is how we respond to it, specifically if you're a Christian.
I, Gestalta

There will be only a faint glimmer of surprise on my part when confronted with said upcoming swindling of the masses---not for lack of anticipation and expectation, though; but from my natural, knee-jerk tendency to naively infer that people simply cannot be blind enough to fall for it. However, they are, and they will---a fact I am confronted with on an almost daily basis.

While there are many hypothetical events which could semi-plausibly trigger a readiness within the general populace to undergo a global paradigm shift of this nature, a faked unearthing of our "real creators"---and the falsely-perceived anti-God implications therein---seems to be what we're all being buttered up for.

If a plan of this nature is truly in the works, I certainly wish the soon-to-be perpetrators would just get on with it. I may be mis-reading the texture of the consciousness of humanity, but it seems like the overwhelming majority is primed and ready to be spoon-fed the next "biggie".

Then again, perhaps it would be in the best interest of any such plan's maximum shock-value to wait for Romney to take care of business, first.
Dcopymope
Banned

I, Gestalta wrote:There will be only a faint glimmer of surprise on my part when confronted with said upcoming swindling of the masses---not for lack of anticipation and expectation, though; but from my natural, knee-jerk tendency to naively infer that people simply cannot be blind enough to fall for it. However, they are, and they will---a fact I am confronted with on an almost daily basis.

While there are many hypothetical events which could semi-plausibly trigger a readiness within the general populace to undergo a global paradigm shift of this nature, a faked unearthing of our "real creators"---and the falsely-perceived anti-God implications therein---seems to be what we're all being buttered up for.

If a plan of this nature is truly in the works, I certainly wish the soon-to-be perpetrators would just get on with it. I may be mis-reading the texture of the consciousness of humanity, but it seems like the overwhelming majority is primed and ready to be spoon-fed the next "biggie".

Then again, perhaps it would be in the best interest of any such plan's maximum shock-value to wait for Romney to take care of business, first.
I think what is coming next in our immediate future will have to be another major war, a war on a global scale, that way our "creators" can come in like shady politicians from planet Vulcan and pose as our savior to "enlighten" us, performing "false miraculous sings and wonders", as the Bible said. You see, by you being Christian should know that Revelations does indeed talk about a huge deception it terms the "strong delusion" that results in nothing less than a total paradigm shift of the entire world. I can't think of anything that would bring that about other than the alien deception, which will start with a slow process of "finds". All you have to do is think big and look around you.
I, Gestalta

I think what is coming next in our immediate future will have to be another major war, a war on a global scale
This is what I was referring to with my remark about Romney "taking care of business". I'm afraid I cannot be any less cryptic, and I apologize.

As for an alien deception being the only catalyst, I'm afraid I will have to disagree. Yes, it would certainly fit the criteria of a Strong Delusion, but so would the demonstration of miracles by a man. As you are aware, the New Age concept of evolutionary godhood is one of the most disseminated tenets of theosophy. It stands to reason that if a man were to perform the same miracles as He once did, many times, all over the world, people would become more and more willing to embrace that man as their savior. I actually have to run right now, but I will be able to reply more in-depth tomorrow. Sorry.
Dcopymope
Banned

I, Gestalta wrote:
I think what is coming next in our immediate future will have to be another major war, a war on a global scale
This is what I was referring to with my remark about Romney "taking care of business". I'm afraid I cannot be any less cryptic, and I apologize.

As for an alien deception being the only catalyst, I'm afraid I will have to disagree. Yes, it would certainly fit the criteria of a Strong Delusion, but so would the demonstration of miracles by a man. As you are aware, the New Age concept of evolutionary godhood is one of the most disseminated tenets of theosophy. It stands to reason that if a man were to perform the same miracles as He once did, many times, all over the world, people would become more and more willing to embrace that man as their savior. I actually have to run right now, but I will be able to reply more in-depth tomorrow. Sorry.
I think the alien deception and the idea of an ascended master, or the return of the "The Christ" as Theosophy and the New Age movement calls it, who will perform miracles and such has a symbiotic relationship with each other, or should I say its been made symbiotic. The video below goes into all this pretty well, it was made by the same guy that was behind the Ancient Aliens Debunked video. The video was originally uploaded in 2009 on what he thought was going to happen from there on in, and so far I would say he was spot on with his predictions.

How 2012 "Enlightenment" Will Lead to Genocide (full video):
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgavG2y-C6k

At the 14:32 mark of the above video, Chris White predicts that:
"A major war will be set up by those who have the power to make things like that happen, I think there will be an effort to make this war seem like the same war prophesied at the end of the Bible, in order to give credibility to their next move. There will also be before that an effort in the coming years to make a man seem like the Biblical Antichrist. They will make it look like he has made a peace agreement with Israel and the whole bit. They will put him in charge of some quasi global government, maybe the U.N or the EU. This system and man will essentially be the fall guy."
I was going to wait until the presidential elections was over, but I might I as well post this now since we're discussing this topic. Before Obama was even elected the first time, people were already making him out to be the Antichrist and still are. Obama's anti christian rhetoric only helped facilitate this sentiment. He also stated in one video that in his second term he wants to "get rid of Christmas", although I'm having a hard time finding that video now, but I'm not surprised, I'll post it if I can find it. Obama is also the first President to ever become the head of the U.N Security Council, so it seems like his predictions actually are coming to past, more or less. In any case, it seems that whoever becomes the next President, who will likely be Obama, will be set up big time as the fall guy for everything that happens.

Barack Obama is the first United Nations President

CNN: Is Obama the Anti-Christ?:
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQoV_Ngl-G8

"You're the antichrist!":
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGJLaWokeyQ

Obama's Anti-Christian Comments:
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R6EPDtxtBg

Barack Obama The Scapegoat:
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_F5R4wt47E
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

Dcopymope wrote:I think what is coming next in our immediate future will have to be another major war, a war on a global scale,
Well, since we already have a vile world war going on, I'm guessing you mean a war actually taking place in America and Europe, with dead civilian bodies killed by foreigners all over the place?
Dcopymope
Banned

fbenario wrote:
Dcopymope wrote:I think what is coming next in our immediate future will have to be another major war, a war on a global scale,
Well, since we already have a vile world war going on, I'm guessing you mean a war actually taking place in America and Europe, with dead civilian bodies killed by foreigners all over the place?
Since we have America attacking multiple countries in different theaters or regions, then that qualifies as a world war in a sense, but its not anything compared to the scale of world war 1 & 2, which is what I'm talking about. That is the level of destruction I'm talking about, and as high tech as military weaponry is today, a war breaking out at anywhere near that scale would be a lot more lethal.
rick55

Unread post by rick55 »

Dcopymope wrote:
fbenario wrote:
Since we have America attacking multiple countries in different theaters or regions, then that qualifies as a world war in a sense, but its not anything compared to the scale of world war 1 & 2, which is what I'm talking about. That is the level of destruction I'm talking about, and as high tech as military weaponry is today, a war breaking out at anywhere near that scale would be a lot more lethal.
Maybe war is oversold. In keeping with the overall philosophy here, war would have to be mediated as much more horrific than it actually is. So-- for example-- you have the horrific thermonuclear bomb, the most horrible end-of-world-force ever created. Maybe it's a hoax. In fact, big-lies.org covers this idea extensively. I think I've seen hoi on that forum. What if nuclear weapons are a hoax? There is a line of reasoning for this.