Missouri Tornado

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
Dcopymope
Banned

Re: Missouri Tornado

Unread post by Dcopymope »

gwynned wrote:I've been arguing for fakery on the David Icke forum and someone came along and said they traveled to Joplin and took photos. He/she posted 3 of them as evidence the damage is real. Here is one of them.

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h45 ... 1c866a.jpg

I responded that it looked fake and have gotten lots of negative responses.

I then googled the Kum & Go to see if I could find a real photo and found this. It looks very real to me.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i85/k ... kgjomo.jpg

They look like the same building, but the foreground is different. Does anyone else think the first photo is fake? If so, what specifically would cause you to think so? Finally, if it is fake, interesting that forum members on the David Icke forum are now knowingly posting fake photos.

Would love to have someone else's assessment before I jump in and argue my point with them.
The one thing that indicates that at least one of them is fake or has been doctored is the small plot of grass in front of the station that you see in the second photo but not in the first photo the individual concerned claims to have taken him/herself (this could be a perspective issue though), other than that there isn’t much to go on that would indicate either being fake to me.
gwynned

Unread post by gwynned »

Thanks. I noted that and would suggest that the colors in the first photo (which I believe to have been doctored) are more muted and gray. The colors in the second photo are more natural and what one might expect.
gwynned

Unread post by gwynned »

Deadly fungus attacks Joplin victims and the secret morgue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uiojac2CqY
guivre

Unread post by guivre »

Disaster Tourism -- trying to keep the myth alive?

Civic Storm Brews Over Tornado Map in Joplin, MO
It’s been eight months since Joplin, Mo., was devastated by a tornado, but a new storm is apparently brewing in the Midwestern city. Recently, the city’s Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) began offering a map designed to facilitate visiting the city’s most devastated places.

The maps, which combine facts on the tornado, points of twister-related interest and images of destruction, is being made available at welcome centers and hotel front desks. It offers a visual chronicle of a disaster that left 161 dead, thousands homeless and approximately 4,000 homes destroyed. (Images of the map can be seen on the Facebook page of Joplin radio station NewsTalk 1310.)

“We’re not in the market of promoting the tornado area,” Patrick Tuttle, director of the Joplin CVB, told msnbc.com “The map was the result of requests for an educational piece on the safest ways to see the amazing amount of destruction.”

I can understand the idea of the map, local resident Aaron DuRall told msnbc.com, “but that doesn’t make it any less tasteless.”

For DuRall, a local photographer who created an anti-tornado-tourism Facebook page called Joplin Citizens Against Tornado Tours, the issue is one of timing.

“If you’re talking two to five years down the road, where the city has been rebuilt, I could understand it,” he said. “But to want to have people view where people lost their lives less than a year afterwards seems incredibly insensitive to me.”

The controversy over the map was further fueled after local TV news station KY3 reported that the city was also planning to develop an iPhone app and bus tours of the disaster zone. An addendum to the story has Tuttle telling the station that those concepts were only ideas and that no plans are in the works.
If you go to the facebook page, you can see many comments like this one:
Nancy Cornish This is my apartment, this is my car..my heart aches that someone used it without thought of my feelings.
Then you have, the obligatory invoking of 9/11.
Tony Briggs remember 9/11...they showed those pictures over and over...it was for the people all over to see what happened...i hope you move on.