Egypt 'Revolution'- all the way to Libya 'War'

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda

Re: Egypt Revolution

Postby simonshack on Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:12 pm

warriorhun wrote:Dear hoi.polloi and All,

Okay, this is the video:http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2011/02/12/exp.nr.tahrir.square.arrests.cnn
What do you think?


I would certainly question the shadows here. Can that riot-policeman be 3 times taller than the car?

Image

Have I seen other signs of CGI in the context of the Egypt Revolution - as proposed by the news media? Yes.
But for now, I'll keep them under wraps. ;)
simonshack
Administrator
 
Posts: 6599
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: italy

Re: Egypt Revolution

Postby hoi.polloi on Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:40 am

Simon and warriorhun,

If you watch the video at this moment that Simon has captured and you watch the reflections of the soldiers in the windows of the cars they are passing, you will notice the same 'helmet shadow' pass by 2 or 3 times on some of the car windows. They don't show it very long but it is from around the 2 minute mark to the 2:15 mark and you can clearly see a distinct, looping 'helmeted soldier passing by' loop unique to each car that doesn't seem like a likely coincidence and doesn't match the different ways in which each helmet mask is pointing on their heads.

Image

Then, at around 2:10 or so, they pass near enough to a car to scratch the surface of the car (would they really be so cavalier?) but their reflections do not appear closer to the car; in fact, they appear to not be existent in the 'mirror world' at all.

Image

In other words, the reflections seem to be fake. If they are, this would be another notch on their record for messing up car window reflections. I could be completely wrong though and this is only posing a question: does it look wrong to you? Does it look okay?
hoi.polloi
Administrator
 
Posts: 5053
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:24 pm

Re: Egypt Revolution

Postby nonhocapito on Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:32 am

simonshack wrote:I would certainly question the shadows here. Can that riot-policeman be 3 times taller than the car?

Have I seen other signs of CGI in the context of the Egypt Revolution - as proposed by the news media? Yes.
But for now, I'll keep them under wraps. ;)


Not to argue the fact that generally speaking there might be fakery in the news coming from Cairo, so that the picture given to the west follows a certain script rather than reality.

But the detail of the shadow I don't think can be played, Simon: the car profile follows the direction of the light coming from the sun, while a person stands erect and his whole figure drops a shadow.

In other words, please correct me if I am wrong: the 1x shadow of the car does not represent the whole height of the car, only the last bit, hit by sunlight and dropping shadow on the street (the tip of the bonnet and the bumper, not the whole cabin of the car to the roof), while the 3x shadow does represent the whole person.
So in this case the person is being 3x times taller than the bonnet, more or less, which seems correct. Or am I way off?
nonhocapito
Administrator
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:38 am
Location: Italy

Re: Egypt Revolution

Postby nonhocapito on Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:50 am

warriorhun wrote:The CNN correspondent came on live, saying: "Here I am standing on Tharir Square. The military simply disappeared from the streets, not a single soldier is in sight on Tahrir Square!!!"
Black-out of the live feed showing soldiers, then live feed replaced with a new one showing civilian crowd!


The troops running are not a live shot but a re-play. The announcer says "we are seeing again...", in the sense that they are re-showing things from earlier.
As with the shadows of helmets being or not being mirrored in the cars, I didn't see what you see, no particular problems there for me.
nonhocapito
Administrator
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:38 am
Location: Italy

Re: Egypt Revolution

Postby warriorhun on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:43 am

Dear nonhocapito,

you say:
The troops running are not a live shot but a re-play.

Oh how I wish what you say would not be right...But it is right, the anchorwoman says it, sorry, my mistake, so this is no "nose-out fiasco".
However. the correspondent on Tahrir Square says "I can see no soldiers on the ground", while the live feed on the left continue to show soldiers on the ground.
warriorhun
Member
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:26 pm

Re: Egypt Revolution

Postby simonshack on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:29 am

nonhocapito wrote:So in this case the person is being 3x times taller than the bonnet, more or less, which seems correct. Or am I way off?

Dear nonhocapito,
I do see your point - although, 3X taller than the car bonnet (average height, 90cm) would still make the policemen way to tall, no?
Image

*************************************************************************************************************

Anyhow, I cannot help wondering : why do the images I've seen so far from Egypt all seem to originate from very cheap cameras/or in any case, in very poor resolution - whether they portray the historical street/square celebrations (aired on CNN, Al Jazeera et al) - or whether they are presented by the media as 'amateur cellphone videos'.

Here is one such amateur video: please watch carefully the section (between 10sec and 28sec)
showing a police van slamming into the crowd, followed by an immediate slow-motion replay of the same clip:
POLICE VAN SLAMS INTO CROWD http://tv.repubblica.it/dossier/egitto- ... 1373?video

Now, let's forget the images for a while - and concentrate on the audio: At 18sec, we hear a fast triple-slam (slam-slam-slam) evidently meant to be the sound of 3 bodies hit by the van. Please note carefully the voices/shouts surrounding this first triple slam. Then we have a replay: at 22sec, the triple-slam is heard again. Since the video is slowed down - while the audio is not, we can already detect some editing going on here - but this is not quite the point. What matters here is that - in this replay of the clip - the surrounding voices/shouts are clearly different. How can that be? Are we not hearing the same audio from the same, unique cellphone video? Just imagine if all of the 3 persons actually died : this video would represent an invaluable documentation of a triple murder. Who on Earth (in the real world) would want to mess with the audio of it and risk being indicted for tampering with murder evidence?

Nonhocapito, I am not implying any sweeping TV fakery theory here. Just taking it step by step - as questions arise. I do stop short of embracing the concept of ONE fake = ALL fake as expressed by Fbenario on the Flight 1549 thread (although I do appreciate Fbenario's efforts/attempts to define a basic dialectic method for our diggings). Yet, the fact remains that the Egypt imagery I've seen so far is bizarre in the least - and raises questions as to its full authenticity. Remember: the Age of Media Fakery is upon us and, at this time, we should leave no stone unturned...
simonshack
Administrator
 
Posts: 6599
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: italy

Re: Egypt Revolution

Postby warriorhun on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:36 am

Dear All,

On this link, there is more:http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/12/throngs-of-people-still-celebrating-mubaraks-ouster/
Sorry but somehow CNN does not allow to copy picture or direct video link.
There you will find 5 picture, slideshow or something, titled : Tahrir Square a day after revolution. Picture number 2, 3, and 4 I think shows CGI sim people.
Also there is a video on the same link titled: Historic changes in "New Egypt". In the middle of the video, when the cleaning lady with lowered face mask speaks, I think the buildings in the background are producing what you called rendering glitches in the Naudet movie. You know, the building waving, moving, without Earthquake, in a subtle way. It is no camera movement, because the lady stays where she is on the picture.
warriorhun
Member
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:26 pm

Re: Egypt Revolution

Postby warriorhun on Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:27 pm

Dear All,

My favourites (all pictures are from here: http://index.hu/kulfold/2011/01/31/az_e ... sek_kepei/):

Image
Someone should exorcise the ghosts from the tank top.

Image
I guess the ladies are happy, because they cut off one of the wings of the poor bird for breakfast in revenge for the girl having only one arm, too.

Image
I will have dreams with the teeth of the woman on the right. And her magic flag is un-comparable to all other flags.

What is the average Egyptian head-size, what do you think? Or Dr. Frankenstein is in Egypt?
Image

Ghosts in the background with half their heads blown off. We really nead that exorcist:
Image

Even Mubarak is suspicious, having a halo around head and all:
Image
Image

Image
Not everybody is handsome, but this guy is from the Prodigy album Music for the jilted generation cover :D :
Image

And I could go on and on and on till the cows come home! :P
warriorhun
Member
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:26 pm

Re: Egypt Revolution

Postby hoi.polloi on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:59 pm

My concern was that I was seeing an unrealistic depiction of reflections in the car glass. I guess there is only one way to test it and that is to have some people run by a car and film it from a helicopter that's 'zooming in' to the action. haha

Alright, well, the event may look nothing more than "suspicious" to others, but so far the fakery team, if there has been a lot of fakery involved, has improved their software considerably. We don't seem to be seeing many signs of Southeast Asian News gaffs.

This is weird if we sit with it for long enough; either there is minimal fakery involved here (I cannot imagine that the same fakery crew who produced the BS of 7/7 went on to produce the imagery shown above by warriorhun.) or the evolution of the Sim has gotten to the point of learning from all the things we have pointed out and is finally improving its software. I see no reason to trust what the TV depicts in any case. It can be completely fabricated fantasy a la Pixar.

At least we don't have such memory-loss as to forget the incredible amount of BS churned out for 9/11 and how we still haven't found anything "real" from that day - and that should be a warning against us getting too comfortable with anything from an event as "news-event" large as this.
hoi.polloi
Administrator
 
Posts: 5053
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:24 pm

Re: Egypt Revolution

Postby nonhocapito on Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:02 pm

Guerrero wrote:Egypt is NOT 80% illiterate. Where did the poster get that "fact" from? Source much?


I have retrieved the source for that statement, but unless the source has been changed in the meanwhile, I might have pushed it a little... it doesn't say "80% illiterate", it says "largely illiterate". :rolleyes:
Anyway on the same blog I find an interesting post called I falsi di Repubblica sull'Egitto "The Fakes of Repubblica.it about Egypt". Alas, it is not about anything of the sort of fakery we deal on this website, but it is equally interesting:

The Egyptian national TV shows the arrests made by the army of tens of looter and fugitives, to calm the population. And what does Repubblica.it do? (first italian newspaper) It presents them as "protesters arrested" and the news piece, originally aimed at discouraging the pillaging, is showed as an effort by the Egyptian government to discourage protest, showing tens of them being arrested.

la televisione di stato egiziana mostra l'arresto di decine di saccheggiatori e fuggitivi da parte dell'Esercito per tranquillizare la popolazione (lo dice la presentatrice ma anche il "sottopancia" che scorre sotto il servizio con tanto di bandiera egiziana su cui è scritto "Proteggete l'Egitto") e invece Repubblica cosa fa? Li presenta come "manifestani arrestati" e il servizio - teso a scoraggiare i saccheggi - viene invece presentato come un "tentativo di scoraggiare nuove proteste, la tv di stato mostra le immagini di decine di arrestati"


This, implies Sherif, the blogger, is just one example of the western media "adding fuels to the flames", in order to make the situation worse, and harder to fix: utterly indifferent to the desperate need of the country to get things rolling again.

I think Sherif is wrong in the sense that the main reason for this alteration of reality is not to make things worse in Egypt, but to give the impression to the western population that whatever solution will come next in that country, including the ever present possibility of ONU stepping in and taking over, is preferable than anarchy and utter destruction.

I think that in this perspective, the possibility of fakery is very much present and, in light of the observations made on this thread, probable too. Because yes the many low-quality clips, and the video of the crowd being run over is very suspicious and also completely absurd...

For this, the news running amok of landings of "thousands" of Egyptians and Tunisians escaping their country on small vessels and boats, trying to get to Italy, is probably exaggeration if not total invention.

In a sense, fakery in Egypt -- and also disrupting agents actually unleashed on the territory -- might be start really going now, to keep the story of the impending anarchy alive...
nonhocapito
Administrator
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:38 am
Location: Italy

Re: Egypt Revolution

Postby warriorhun on Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:43 pm

Dear All,

The Crescent of Arabic democracy-plan is rolling, new and new countries see the Media altered and faked "democratic revolutions" and copy-cat as planned, the-I think mossad-provocateurs are working. Oh, by the way,did you hear the news that Al-Qaeda commented on the Egypt revolts, and the lucky finders of their video was SITE again? (SITE=Mossad, just for those who did not hear about their site, http://www.siteintelgroup.com , this is the Rita Katz ex-IDF with executed spy father business, SITE is the one who always found all the Al-Qaeda and muslim beheading videos, which no one else ever found anywhere except on the SITE homepage. Al-Qaeda, I claim, is both media fakery, and a pseudo-terror gang of the IDF Mistaravim unit)
Back to revolution. Algeria started now and Yemen: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12441180
Yemen is very important. "Al-Qaeda"=IDF Mistaravim is very active there.
BBC speculates here if there will be a domino effect? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12204971
As if they didn't fucking now what is happening. Come on, if I was able to figure out, everyone can.

As I said Syria must be targeted. Quote from the domino effect BBC article:
However, some Syrian activists have turned to Facebook, calling for a "day of rage" on Saturday. Although the site is officially blocked, people routinely get around the restrictions. The activists are calling for peaceful protests against Syria's "monarchy, corruption and tyranny".

But those sunglasses wearing baathist colonels are not stupid, they take active countermeasures:
The administration also blocks access to several internet sites and maintains a tight control on the media.
And the reason they did it, because the Syrians claimed the Facebook messages organising the protest came from another country, they did not say which one! And they also started up economic reforms.
In Syria, state media reported a government plan worth $250 million to help 420,000 impoverished families. Cash loans will be distributed to Syrian citizens who qualify for the aid package beginning in February.
(I gave the original link to this qoute in the wikileaks topic, but the page is un-available now if you click on the link.)
That can mean only one thing folks: the Syrians figured out what I did.

One of the reasons in my opinion for Media altering and fakery may be this: the media message is this: "peaceful revolution wins easily, rise up all arabs"! But possibly protesters got machinegunned, and there are mounds of dead, possibly not, that is just a wild guess by me. Maybe not in Egypt, but there sure would be in Syria, so the Syrian masses have to see on the Media that peaceful revolution is easy-and the Syrian colonels do not want blood on their hands-so they just block the net and TV.

You may wonder, where my whole "crescent of arabic democracy-plan" business from. What started me thinking was an article I have read back in 2003, from War Nerd aka. Gary Brecher, on old exile.ru, here: http://exile.ru/articles/detail.php?ART ... LOCK_ID=35 and the reason I remembered it because I read his book, too. Qoute from his article:
If they do hit Syria, it'll be because of this idea they have in DC: make a "crescent of democracy" stretching from Iraq to Syria and on to Lebanon, all the way from the Persian Gulf to the Mediterranean. Now that democracy is bursting out in Iraq, all we have to do is franchise it out to Lebanon, the bloodiest, most messed-up country this side of Afghanistan. Should be a piece of cake. That was sarcasm, by the way.

And what I claim is: of course iraqi democracy is un-exportable, so what is happening now is the same plan from a different approach. Prove me wrong!
Last edited by warriorhun on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
warriorhun
Member
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:26 pm

Re: Egypt Revolution

Postby hoi.polloi on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:10 pm

Perhaps, this is the flip side of the Alex Jones method.

Alex Jones seems to exist to provoke and prod and herd people into safe corridors of powerlessness such as distributing the grassroots effort for decentralized power directly into the most power-thirsty groups of unimaginable racism -- people who say we should "bring slavery back" and onwards and upwards into stupidity.

The Egyptian Revolution way may be to aid and abed the otherwise impossible - ignoring and sheltering any true struggle and replacing it with a smooth, laundered version of passing the baton. It reeks of foreign involvement, of course.

While the Corporation of the USA hypocritically rejects cultural suggestions from its own populace that would make it a happier place to live for all its poor, homeless and increasingly stratified population, perhaps the government we deserve is the crazy one we have now because they are able to still push the grassroots into hate groups and cults and it somewhat sticks. If we were actually prepared for revolution, the more common message would be peace instead of 'arm yourselves and prepare for war!'

It could be, hypothetically, that the Arabs have talked it out with each other and made a case for mocking a revolution in order to teach the world what it could be doing if we were less filled with loathing for our fellows.

Of course, this is such a ridiculous speculation into what we cannot understand or know that I apologize for even going there.
hoi.polloi
Administrator
 
Posts: 5053
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:24 pm

Re: Egypt Revolution

Postby simonshack on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:32 pm

My two cents about the future of Egypt's governance. "FREE ELECTIONS" will be held - and the two contenders will be:

OMAR SULEIMAN (the suspected CIA-linked, torturer vice-president)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Suleiman
Image

and

MOHAMED EL-BARADEI (the American-bred, UN-appointed IAEA nuclear armaments inspector - and 2005 Nobel Peace Prize winner)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohamed_ElBaradei
Image

EL-BARADEI will win it with a landslide - since he has been set up from day one as a nationalistic Egyptian hero - by the powers that be.
simonshack
Administrator
 
Posts: 6599
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: italy

Re: Egypt Revolution

Postby sayiamu on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:12 am

You guys are incredibly good ... hours of entertainment... I'm glad this is here...

treat this as a commercial... a station break ..if you will ...
(going back to the somewhat silly and slight original post of mine ... but coincidental none-the-less)

I'm sure many saw this before me this last week .. I watch very very little telly anymore.... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... aches.html

now we get to test the ... theory... If I'm right ..something major should occur within a month or so...

back to your regularly scheduled dissection of Egyptian "revolution" fakery... It's sad ..there's nothing to believe anymore...
sayiamu
Member
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:44 pm

Re: Egypt Revolution

Postby warriorhun on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:26 pm

Dear All,

This is getting outrageously funny:
Wikileaks accuses Al-Jazeera of media fakery!

I kid you not! If you think I make this one up, the news is all over the internet, you may check for yourselves: there are lots of them.
So far, after reading at least ten different articles, I collated the best ones:

1. Al-Jazeera newsmen are acting as agent provocateurs during riots in Arabic countries!
2. Al-Jazeera alters or fakes the TV coverage of the revolutions' events!
3. Al-Jazeera was blackmailing Mubarak!
4. Al-Jazeera is doing all these evil on behalf of a certain Middle-Eastern country! Take a wild guess which country that might be? Now, why do you say THAT specific country, it could be the Eskimos just as well, and besides, you are wrong: it is Qatar! And the Emir of Qatar manipulates from the shadows!

Yeah, the Emir of Qatar, one of the oldschool authoritarian statesmen, is intent on encircling his authoritarian regime with countries of democratic revolutions! Do you know how hard it is to keep an Arabic country cool while 50% of the population is below 25 and rich from oil, not to let the young girls gone wild and the young men get piss drunk, and that 24/7, all year, muslim country or no muslim country? I think the old boy deserves a break, and not these stupid accusations! :D

Update:
In the morning I read the first, original internet articles of the Guardian, but something does not add up. I was running to get home to share them you, but all the articles are changed to a softer tone, while they claim the articles were not updated today. Load of bollocks! I guess this is because the qatari state expressed its outrage already. So they are altering the fake news, too. Fuck it, it nearly made my day. Treat this as rumour then if you wish, 'cause I can not give you the original articles. :P

Update 2: "The Crescent of Democracy"-plan is still rolling and reached the big one, the main prize: IRAN!
Today the iranian police dispersed protests in Tehran! I was so fucking sure Iran is the main prize in the "Crescent of Democracy"-plan, but I expected first Syria to fall, but there you go. I thought Iran will be left as the last one. Revolution is cheaper than invasion, innit?
Dear sayiamu, you expected a big one within a month? Here is the big one for you, within a day! Iran!

Update 3: I just heard in the news that Mubarak is very sick: sooner or later he would have had to give over the wheel of the country. That is an enourmous help for me to fine-tune the "Crescent of Democracy"-plan theory:
Two kinds of Arabic dictatorships exist: pro-western, who mainly leave Israel alone, like Tunisia, like Egypt, and anti-Western, anti-Israel: like Iran, like Syria. What we saw in Tunisia and Egypt is not even putsch or military putsch: it was a simple transition of power to the second line, in Egypt with Mubarak's approval. But they needed the manipulated crowds, the masses on the streets as alibi, so the live TV feed of the "easily winning democratic revolutions", with media altering and faking involved, could project these images into the anti-Western, anti-Israel Arabic dictatorships' TV viewers, so those TV viewers will copy-cat and start up their own "democratic revolutions", too. And also, Tunisia and Egypt was testing ground of inciting people with media imagery plus applying agent provocateurs plus Social Media applications (Facebook and so).
This plan is evil folks: it can lead to mounds of dead in the anti-Israel dictatorships which are the main targets. Peaceful and then violently escalating "democratic revolutions" will get the manipulated locals massacred: maybe as a lead-up to Western invasion to stop genocide, but democracies will not be born. And will have just as good results as the exporting of iraqi democracy would: nothing. So now they just want to stir up shit in the Muslim "Axis of Evil" countries, Iran and Syria.
What do you think?
warriorhun
Member
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:26 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Worldwide media deceptions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests