The farcical comedy of "Wikileaks", "Anonymous" etc.

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
hoi.polloi

Re: The farcical comedy of "Wikileaks", "Anonymous" etc.

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Who/what is Aaron Swartz?
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

hoi.polloi wrote:Who/what is Aaron Swartz?
A hacker who either just killed himself while under federal investigation, or was suicided by the authorities - or possibly never a real person to begin with.

http://business.time.com/2013/01/14/mit ... ng-begins/
MrSinclair

Unread post by MrSinclair »

It is likely he is real and the suicide was staged. For one, they refer to him hanging himself with his belt. He was a very slender fellow with no more than a 30 inch waist and that just doesn't offer much to hang himself with. According to The Official Table of Drops a rope of about 9 feet would be required to do the job proper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_Table_of_Drops

The behavior of his parents has seemed consistent with a real death unlike any at Sandy Hook.

"Swartz's father told mourners Tuesday during his son's funeral in suburban Chicago that his son had been "killed by the government.""

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/lo ... tz_parents
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

Please forgive me if this has already been posted but I hadn't seen it on here. Anonymous allegedly hacks into Fox News. :rolleyes:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVcvF1bZifA

In my opinion, this is all just a little too dramatic and overly produced to be legit. Are we really supposed to believe this is a legitmite portrayal of a hacker group, hacking into FOX News with perfect production equipment, including sound and effects, etc? I don't buy it, it feels like it's all done in the same studio.
hoi.polloi

It expresses the same callous attitude toward people as the wealthy power-tripping mainstream media. When you have a 100% meaningless name, a.k.a. no name, anyone can claim to be you. Then, if your only symbol is a mask, anyone can use that mask. And if ultimately the whole point of the anonymity and mask is because you are power-tripping about "hacking" into anything, you're not really that much different from the essence of the media -- which uses puppet spokespeople/anchors/actors for their mask and the weight of their military clearance to "hack" people and try to unnerve and disturb them via every available lightwave and simulation technology they obsessively control. They don't know how to break down their sick culture and restore some sanity to the planet. They don't know how to be decent people. This video also seems to want to try to scare people by claiming to know the inner sense of comfort or discomfort of its audience -- also like the Media -- while giving far too much away about what inherently gives them comfort or discomfort. Do they have to blow their wad and show their insecurity so blatantly? Deep inside the better half's home cookin'? Deep inside one's sexually active daughter? Huh? Wow, chills, anonymous. Chills. :rolleyes:

They have the inner monologue of a Baby Boomer. So yes, it is philosophically identical to the sad little imagination of the media, and the media puppeteers anonymous. The media is anonymous is the media is wikileaks is anonymous is the media is wikileaks, more or less.

My guess is that the various groups calling themselves anonymous are run as investigations for the CIA to figure out who wants to get close to the media and undermine it. They pull stunts like this to goof around, have fun, and try to catch insiders who would be whisteblowers, plus create the impression of "in with the new boss, out with the old" like making our sell out puppet figurehead president a Black man (the executive branch in blackface, really). I guess we'll see how long they can maintain this charade before they trip over their own shoelaces, which already seems to be happening.

I guess - but I don't know - that "Wikileaks" and "Anonymous" are playing the classic good cop-bad cop interrogator of the public, signs that they are indeed very disturbed people who don't know what to do about being pegged by us and other research sites for what they are: just ordinary people abusing their power and being nasty human beings, hiding behind their weaponized lies.

Maybe if they play the "good cop" long enough, they'll finally learn something about what inherent kindness and respect of other people does to make the world a better place. But I'm not holding my breath. They seem pretty caught up in their convoluted act.
Vext Lynchpin

Unread post by Vext Lynchpin »

The individual responsible for one of the most significant leaks in US political history is Edward Snowden, a 29-year-old former technical assistant for the CIA and current employee of the defence contractor Booz Allen Hamilton. Snowden has been working at the National Security Agency for the last four years as an employee of various outside contractors, including Booz Allen and Dell.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/ju ... rveillance

Is Snowden a genuine whistleblower, or merely the public face of the latest CIA limited hangout?
anonjedi2

*bad format, sorry.*
Last edited by anonjedi2 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
anonjedi2

To me, it just feels like he's a really good CIA agent, doing his job and getting a very nice early retirement in return. The interview is definitely scripted with him knowing (possibly writing) all of the questions in advance. Will we ever hear from him again? Will he wind up "dead" or "in jail" ? Is Edward Snowden even his real name? Probably not.
"Despite his determination to be publicly unveiled, he repeatedly insisted that he wants to avoid the media spotlight. "I don't want public attention because I don't want the story to be about me. I want it to be about what the US government is doing."
But I'm just gonna hire this documentary crew talk about myself the entire time and release it to the Guardian. :puke:
"I really want the focus to be on these documents and the debate which I hope this will trigger among citizens around the globe about what kind of world we want to live in." He added: "My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."
So ... where are the documents? I have been searching online for about 10 minutes but have not found them yet. Did the government dog eat them? Do they disappear into a government bureaucratic black hole? Are they available for the public? What is so damaging that is in these documents that we already didn't know? What will be the result of releasing these documents? Any legal recourse for the public? Of course not. Why isn't the media linking to these documents in all of their stupid stories about this whistleblower? Isn't this whole thing supposed to be about the documents? Why am I having such a hard time finding them online?
He has had "a very comfortable life" that included a salary of roughly $200,000, a girlfriend with whom he shared a home in Hawaii, a stable career, and a family he loves. "I'm willing to sacrifice all of that because I can't in good conscience allow the US government to destroy privacy, internet freedom and basic liberties for people around the world with this massive surveillance machine they're secretly building."

Secretly? What's so top secret about anything in these alleged documents? This guy isn't sacrificing anything. He's getting a fat payout and retiring in Hong Kong at the young age of 29 while the rest of us are stuck here dealing with the fallout of his B.S. So what will they do next in response to this whistleblower and his leaked documents and how will that affect the public? <_<
He then advised his NSA supervisor that he needed to be away from work for "a couple of weeks" in order to receive treatment for epilepsy, a condition he learned he suffers from after a series of seizures last year...As he packed his bags, he told his girlfriend that he had to be away for a few weeks, though he said he was vague about the reason. "That is not an uncommon occurrence for someone who has spent the last decade working in the intelligence world."
A technical assistant is traveling all over the world? For what purpose when he can do his job in one location and work remotely ? Good cover story, not buying it. Those couple of weeks were spent training for his payout and retirement. He probably gets to take his simgirlfriend with him. How sweet. :wub:
On May 20, he boarded a flight to Hong Kong, where he has remained ever since. He chose the city because "they have a spirited commitment to free speech and the right of political dissent", and because he believed that it was one of the few places in the world that both could and would resist the dictates of the US government.
Ahh yes, the getaway plan. Convenient and easy when you have a pile of cash for doing your job, agent.
In the three weeks since he arrived, he has been ensconced in a hotel room. "I've left the room maybe a total of three times during my entire stay," he said. It is a plush hotel and, what with eating meals in his room too, he has run up big bills.

He is deeply worried about being spied on. He lines the door of his hotel room with pillows to prevent eavesdropping. He puts a large red hood over his head and laptop when entering his passwords to prevent any hidden cameras from detecting them.

Though that may sound like paranoia to some, Snowden has good reason for such fears. He worked in the US intelligence world for almost a decade. He knows that the biggest and most secretive surveillance organisation in America, the NSA, along with the most powerful government on the planet, is looking for him.
Can you feel the fear? What piss poor writing this garbage is. Plush hotel indeed. Easy to do when it's paid for on my dime with your fat government salary and hidden payouts. It should be clear what the message is with this propaganda. Be afraid, you are being watched. Don't trust your neighbor, live a closed off life in your home watching your television. Do not leave the house, it's dangerous out there (except to go shopping). Stay within the confines of our web of attack as we continue to herd you.
Since the disclosures began to emerge, he has watched television and monitored the internet, hearing all the threats and vows of prosecution emanating from Washington.

And he knows only too well the sophisticated technology available to them and how easy it will be for them to find him. The NSA police and other law enforcement officers have twice visited his home in Hawaii and already contacted his girlfriend, though he believes that may have been prompted by his absence from work, and not because of suspicions of any connection to the leaks.
So why isn't he hiding? Why is he making his face public knowledge so everyone will know what he looks like? Wouldn't that make it easier to find him?
"All my options are bad," he said. The US could begin extradition proceedings against him, a potentially problematic, lengthy and unpredictable course for Washington. Or the Chinese government might whisk him away for questioning, viewing him as a useful source of information. Or he might end up being grabbed and bundled into a plane bound for US territory.

"Yes, I could be rendered by the CIA. I could have people come after me. Or any of the third-party partners. They work closely with a number of other nations. Or they could pay off the Triads. Any of their agents or assets," he said.

"We have got a CIA station just up the road – the consulate here in Hong Kong – and I am sure they are going to be busy for the next week. And that is a concern I will live with for the rest of my life, however long that happens to be."

Wow, he doesn't seem nervous at all considering all the danger that's around him. He seems calm, cool and professional. Again, designed to instill fear that the CIA might actually murder him, giving him the perfect escape to get to his sandy beach. This is such a stupid story, it should be clear to anyone what this nonsense is about.
The only time he became emotional during the many hours of interviews was when he pondered the impact his choices would have on his family, many of whom work for the US government. "The only thing I fear is the harmful effects on my family, who I won't be able to help any more. That's what keeps me up at night," he said, his eyes welling up with tears.
So why did they cut that part out of the interview? Was it not convincing enough? Where are the rest of the "many hours of interviews?" :rolleyes:
sharing

Unread post by sharing »

James Bond Snowden from Iceland with Love?
Icelandic Legislator: I'm Ready To Help NSA Whistleblower Edward Snowden Seek Asylum. When WikiLeaks burst onto the international stage in 2010, the small Nordic nation of Iceland offered it a safe haven. Now American whistleblower Edward Snowden may be seeking that country’s protection, and at least one member (*) of its parliament says she’s ready to help.
(*)Icelandic legislator and Icelandic Modern Media Initiative co-founder Birgitta Jonsdottir
http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenbe ... ek-asylum/
bostonterrierowner

Unread post by bostonterrierowner »

Mainstream media is really free and keen on exposing wrongdoings of our governments . These guys are here to protect us and this time they did a great job exposing NSA and CIA .

Spy agencies are limitted by the law and cannot just infiltrate our lives with impunity . There are some bad guys over there but decent whistleblowers will always be there to reveal illegal operations and practices .

:lol: :lol: :lol:

IMHO this is a message behind this idiocy and infantile limited hangout
Vext Lynchpin

Is Edward Snowden a real person? I seriously doubt it. While reading that Guardian article, all I could think about was how it sounded like a Hollywood script a la the Jason Bourne movies, except they've made Snowden easier to relate to, with his story of never graduating high school but merely getting his GED, though that didn't stop him from having a career in the CIA and the NSA.

Whether he's completely CGI or an actor doesn't really matter in the end; he's an invented hero of the supposed counterculture, like Bradley Manning. He's a placebo, making the public think that someone is finally doing something about all these invasions into people's privacy by the world's governments, even as real privacy is quickly becoming an abstract concept. It's a confusion tactic.
Vext Lynchpin

Eric Snowden = Snow job: a systematic deception; a deceptive story that tries to hide the truth.

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/snowed
Vext Lynchpin

anonjedi2 wrote:
The only time he became emotional during the many hours of interviews was when he pondered the impact his choices would have on his family, many of whom work for the US government. "The only thing I fear is the harmful effects on my family, who I won't be able to help any more. That's what keeps me up at night," he said, his eyes welling up with tears.
So why did they cut that part out of the interview? Was it not convincing enough? Where are the rest of the "many hours of interviews?" :rolleyes:
The use of imprecise language like "many hours of interviews" is very telling. Wouldn't an interviewer know exactly how many hours an interview took?
Vext Lynchpin

I found this article after I "Goggled" Edward Snowden snowjob:

http://willyloman.wordpress.com/2013/06 ... book-hero/

Author Scott Creighton makes a good point that everything Snowden "revealed" was already made public years ago. So this isn't even a limited hangout -- it's a regurgitation of stories made public in the mid-2000s!

From USA Today: http://yahoo.usatoday.com/news/washingt ... -nsa_x.htm
“The National Security Agency has been secretly collecting the phone call records of tens of millions of Americans, using data provided by AT&T, Verizon and BellSouth, people with direct knowledge of the arrangement told USA TODAY.

The NSA program reaches into homes and businesses across the nation by amassing information about the calls of ordinary Americans — most of whom aren’t suspected of any crime. This program does not involve the NSA listening to or recording conversations. But the spy agency is using the data to analyze calling patterns in an effort to detect terrorist activity, sources said in separate interviews..

… The agency’s goal is “to create a database of every call ever made” within the nation’s borders, this person added.” May 10th, 2006
Scott Creighton adds:
So what has our “hero” really told us that we didn’t already know?
Hell, give him a FACEBOOK hero campaign. Collect money for him. Have a Di$info Jone$ “moneybomb” to pay his “plush hotel” bill “right up the road from the CIA offices in Hong Kong.

But he ain’t no fuckin hero. Sorry to burst your bubble. He’s told us nothing we didn’t already know and if he weren’t being marketed by the MSM like CNN, Guardian, BBC and the New York Times (along with Twitter and FACEBOOK) he would be just another “conspiracy theorists” with the only difference being he’s about 13 years too late with his big revelation.

He’s a product just like “CHANGE” was in 2008!

He’s probably being marketed by the same PR firm.
hoi.polloi

What's even more disturbing is the idea that this kind of mock-whistleblower just makes people feel blasé about the Bill of Rights being burned after it's already been confiscated, undermined and shredded. These mock-whistleblowers are really offensive.