The Ukrainian theater

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
bostonterrierowner

Re: The Ukrainian theater

Unread post by bostonterrierowner »

Cell phone coverage seems to be working just fine in "the war zone" . I had spent countless hours with my now gone, beloved grandmother talking about life in the REAL war zone - 1944 Warsaw Uprising and 1945 Red Army's assault on Magdeburg. She didn't mention anything about cellphones but I will safely assume that the fact they are working might have surprised her:)

Anyways IMHO all wars/conflicts/regime changes currently going on in the world are about CHINA. Americans punish all governments cooperating with this country beyond what Pax Americana allows them. Chinese are supposed to export their stuff and buy T-bonds in exchange, this way giving US the free lunch. Americans print everybody else accepts $$$ as payment and everything is OK. World wide colonial exploitation is the name of the game.

PRC invested a lot of money recently in Egypt, Libya, Syria, Subsaharan Africa and of course in Janukovych's Ukraine ( farmland, ports etc. ). The trick is to use all these excess dollars coming from trade balance surplus to buy REAL STUFF ( not shares, bonds, old skyscrapers etc. ) like commodities, infrastructure, bypassing Anglo-American controlled markets and institutions like World Bank or IMF. It's a big No-No , a mortal threat to Washington's domination.

All we can see is related to this dynamics - Euro crisis, "terrorism" , you name it.

So to summarize I suspect that we are really whatching just a "theatre" ( on the other hand I know that people get drafted in UA ) and Washington in collusion with Moscow are just punishing certain business interests/oligarchs ( Renat Achmetov(?) ) in Ukraine who were dumb enough to make deals with the Chinese behind Uncle Sam's back. That's it.

Real confrontation will come. With China and IMHO the place to watch is South East Asia and more precislely the straits through which PRC will be "choked" ( just check the map ).
Sukiari

Unread post by Sukiari »

nonhocapito wrote: Image
Another thought I had while looking at nonhocapito's image - what is that chunk of Plexiglass doing sticking out of the trench that the rocket has been jammed into?
icarusinbound

Unread post by icarusinbound »

I see what you're perceiving, but I think the depiction is of a pivoted kerbstone, tilted upwards when hit by the supposed missile on landing. The 'missile' reminds me of a cutoff signless signpost, or a turnstile. Presumably scale measurements could be made of its diameter, and hence show a supposed calibre of source weapon from which it was ostensibly fired? It seems small, unscorched, and unscratched.
Sukiari

Unread post by Sukiari »

icarusinbound wrote:I see what you're perceiving, but I think the depiction is of a pivoted kerbstone, tilted upwards when hit by the supposed missile on landing. The 'missile' reminds me of a cutoff signless signpost, or a turnstile. Presumably scale measurements could be made of its diameter, and hence show a supposed calibre of source weapon from which it was ostensibly fired? It seems small, unscorched, and unscratched.
It seems pretty evident that it is supposed to be a rocket from a multiple tube artillery-style rocket launcher. The folding fins remind me of the GRAD type rockets. There are many variants of these rockets, having been in service for decades now.

I'm still not sure what that thing coming out of the pavement is but I see what you're saying.