The "insurgency" in Syria, 2011- 2013

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
icarusinbound

Re: The "insurgency" in Syria, 2011- 2013

Unread post by icarusinbound »

In the crisp artificial picture I posted above, notice the yellow-black poster to the rear.

The symbol is an adaptation of the international warning symbol for radiation, but with a tiny map-shape of Syria in the middle. I initially mis-identified it as the Twitter bird, but, no, it's what I'm saying.

There appears to be a Syria 'actorvist' iconography channel of sorts in existence via Facebook, perhaps to operate literally as a poster pool/ flag-shop. Search within the app/page for ''Posters and artwork about the #CWMassacre in #Syria''.

It explains, maybe, how there's such a high degree of conformity between 'spontaneous demos' taking place at remote locations ('Anonymous', anyone?). It's worth having a look at the artwork. If this was genuinely meant to have all just commenced >after< the gas attack hit, it represents one hell of a rapidly-produced back catalogue.

And a non-imagery question of strategic importance....within the Official Story paradigm, can someone please explain to me the back-story behind Russia and China's passionate support for Syria? Clearly it makes for a better dramatic apposition, super-power proxies and all that, but...how credible is this support? And that this unquestioning retro-communist support to an alleged Arab dictator is now deeper and more significant a factor than all these less-important years of western warmth and capitalist collaboration? Just how the heck is this even meant to make artificial sense? This point deserves a closer analysis- it's too big, and we're all too dazzled by it, to see that it just can't be real.
warriorhun

Unread post by warriorhun »

Dear icarusinbound,

You say:
And a non-imagery question of strategic importance....within the Official Story paradigm, can someone please explain to me the back-story behind Russia and China's passionate support for Syria?
Just a brainwave of mine:
Russia is one of the biggest military equipment and arms exporter in the world, but that military technology is basically the former Soviet models, a bit upgraded.
That Soviet/Russian technology was devised to oppose, or even overcome the US/NATO technology.
Now, the Syrian Army is based on the ex-Soviet/Russian technology, trained by ex-Soviet/Russian advisors as far as I understand.
So, if the Syrian Army got beaten to shit using Russian arms against the American military, then it would be a big message for the future prospective buyers of said Russian technology: namely, purchase your weapon systems somewhere else...
Of course there must be other reasons, but this can be one IMO.
JLapage

Unread post by JLapage »

This war might be averted after all. Obama has been arrested.

:o
icarusinbound

Charlie Rose interviews Assad for CBC

This is presented as a completely-bizarre conversation. Like when Alice meets the Cheshire Cat.

The comments that are supposedly being made by 'Assad' are priceless. Surely this takes the whole saga to new heights of implausibility?

Please watch this video, and give your thoughts as to it's levels of reality. I haven't had the chance to begin properly analysing it as yet, but for me at first watching this, Assad's facial expressions appear at times to be looped, as do his right-hand gestures. Note the odd face-edit glitch at 2min54sec- do the wrinkles on his forehead go up in detail, then smooth out? Similarly at 6min56sec. At 6min40sec, the background layer seems to slide gently to the right in 4 secs, but Assad only moves a fraction. Also- am I alone in thinking that the representation of Assad is remarkably Obama-like? The ears in profile, the angled head, the neck width, BMI, and certainly the narrative framed sequence of closeup/long/closeup is strongly familiar.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYZthULjG8Q
What should the USA expect?
.....the USA should expect everything
http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/news/w ... everything
burningame

Unread post by burningame »

Of course the Cheshire Cat, the elephant in the room, and the one word you're not likely to hear in all of this talk at the moment - is "Israel".
JLapage

Unread post by JLapage »

icarusinbound wrote:Charlie Rose interviews Assad for CBC

This is presented as a completely-bizarre conversation. Like when Alice meets the Cheshire Cat.

The comments that are supposedly being made by 'Assad' are priceless. Surely this takes the whole saga to new heights of implausibility?

Please watch this video, and give your thoughts as to it's levels of reality. I haven't had the chance to begin properly analysing it as yet, but for me at first watching this, Assad's facial expressions appear at times to be looped, as do his right-hand gestures. Note the odd face-edit glitch at 2min54sec- do the wrinkles on his forehead go up in detail, then smooth out? Similarly at 6min56sec. At 6min40sec, the background layer seems to slide gently to the right in 4 secs, but Assad only moves a fraction. Also- am I alone in thinking that the representation of Assad is remarkably Obama-like? The ears in profile, the angled head, the neck width, BMI, and certainly the narrative framed sequence of closeup/long/closeup is strongly familiar.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYZthULjG8Q
What should the USA expect?
.....the USA should expect everything
http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/news/w ... everything
From what I have seen and read, the interview was prerecorded.
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

Ben Swann seems to be a new gatekeeper on the scene. I hadn't heard of him before but he's all the rage on social media right now and people are convinced he's "on the side of the people." He's carrying this Time magazine story about a beheading that allegedly took place in Syria. We know it happened because there's photos to prove it. :rolleyes:

http://benswann.com/obamas-al-qaeda-bac ... g-graphic/
icarusinbound

Syrian 'hero boy' video faked by Norwegian director: maybe?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-30057401
Millions of YouTube viewers have been captivated by the 'Syrian hero boy' who manages to rescue a little girl while under gunfire. Now a group of Norwegian filmmakers have told BBC Trending they are behind it. They say it was filmed on location in Malta this summer with the intention of being presented as real.

Lars Klevberg, a 34-year-old film director based in Oslo, wrote a script after watching news coverage of the conflict in Syria. He says he deliberately presented the film as reality in order to generate a discussion about children in conflict zones.

"If I could make a film and pretend it was real, people would share it and react with hope," he said. "We shot it in Malta in May this year on a set that was used for other famous movies like Troy and Gladiator," Klevberg said. "The little boy and girl are professional actors from Malta. The voices in the background are Syrian refugees living in Malta."

Were they comfortable making a film that potentially deceived millions of people? "I was not uncomfortable," Klevberg said. "By publishing a clip that could appear to be authentic we hoped to take advantage of a tool that's often used in war; make a video that claims to be real. We wanted to see if the film would get attention and spur debate, first and foremost about children and war. We also wanted to see how the media would respond to such a video.
This feels too much like a self exposing diversion for my liking. Almost a case of 'look, you can trust mainstream media, we confess to and highlight any major falsity in our world'.

Is this double-disinfo confectionery, just too true to be good?
simonshack
Administrator

Re: Syrian 'hero boy' video faked by Norwegian director: may

Unread post by simonshack »

icarusinbound wrote: Is this double-disinfo confectionery, just too true to be good?
Good grief, Icarusinbound - indeed... but let me just document this latest, contorted fakery sham for the record.

Here's the short clip gone viral on Youtube :

"SYRIA! SYRIAN HERO BOY rescue girl in shootout" - uploaded on YT by ShaamNetwork S.N.N.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgwO6oni-wY

Here is BBC pundit Amira Galal babbling about how the video might or might not be authentic... :rolleyes:
"#BBCtrending: Is video of Syrian 'hero boy' authentic?" http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-30043574

Here's the film crew (led by one Lars Klevberg) whose little 'freak movie' apparently was financed by the ... friggin' Norwegian Film Institute (augh! :puke: ) and was shot on a film set in Malta. Hmm, could they possibly be the same gang of clowns that shot the blurry /shaky "amateur videos" of the ultra-fake "Utøya shootings" back in 2011? Who knows?... <_<
"In fact the film received funding from the Norwegian Film Institute (NFI) and the Audio and Visual Fund from Arts Council Norway in October 2013. The filmmakers say their application for funding made clear they wanted to upload the film to the internet without making it obvious it was real or fiction. They also claim that those who financed it were aware of, and supported, these intentions."
http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-30057401

And here's a rather - uh - 'telling' comment posted by one "SyrianVodo" (SyrianVoodoo?) under the "SYRIAN HERO BOY" youtube clip posted above. If you were wondering about the true motives for this latest fakery sham - I trust that you'll see that its purpose was actually to try and REINFORCE the credibility of the constant flow of crudely faked "horrific Syria war zone clips" (all of which possibly shot in Maltese movie sets?)
SyrianVodo wrote:"Faking this clip by the Norwegian director is unethical at best, it has one purpose, to create doubt in the minds of the people that all videos that you have seen during the Syrian massacre by Assad thugs might also be faked like this video, I have no doubt in my mind that this work is paid by Assad to prove what his media has been lying for years that all the deaths, destruction, killing, and bombing by his thugs are also fake "
Get the spin on this, dear readers? <_<

But maybe there's a bright side to this latest sham after all... ;) Here's an encouraging reader's comment on the Norwegian tabloid VG :
Henke Christensen wrote: "Slike filmer får meg til å lure på om månelandingen var ekte..."

"Such films make me wonder whether the moon landing was real..."

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/utenriks/syria ... /23336390/
bostonterrierowner

Unread post by bostonterrierowner »

Being truthful about being deceitful reminds me of Sun-Tzu's "blown cover as cover" strategy of war .

Looks like Norwegian media whores and their masters feel your breath on their necks , Simon :)

Were the perps resorting to such measures before CF ?
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

bostonterrierowner wrote: Looks like Norwegian media whores and their masters feel your breath on their necks , Simon :)
Dear BTO,

Gosh - I dunno - but well, I suppose it's just a freak/ random coincidence that the very first film crew to reveal themselves as DELIBERATE FAKERS (of war-zone-horror-videos) are from my friggin' fatherland Norway...
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

"The Norwegian Film Institute (NFI) operates under the auspices of The Royal Norwegian Ministry for Culture and is the government’s civil executive body for the film sector and its advisor in questions of film policy. Through Regulations delivered by the Ministry and its general mandate the NFI is charged with putting the government’s film policy into practice."

Anything of interest here?

http://www.nfi.no/english/aboutnfi/about

"In fact the film received funding from the Norwegian Film Institute (NFI) and the Audio and Visual Fund from Arts Council Norway in October 2013. The filmmakers say their application for funding made clear they wanted to upload the film to the internet without making it obvious it was real or fiction. They also claim that those who financed it were aware of, and supported, these intentions."