Fakery in Orbit: THE I$$

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
lux

Re: Fakery in Orbit: THE I$$

Unread post by lux »

Perhaps I am experiencing delusions of grandeur but I can't help suspecting that this movie is a direct response to the exposure which began on this forum and which is now spreading via the internet regarding the fakery of the ISS. I'm thinking that "Gravity" is a media shot of "gaga-juice" for the ISS much like the movie "Apollo 13" was in response to the growing public suspicions concerning the Apollo hoax.

I'd say the number of Oscars "Gravity" earns will be a measure of how concerned the perps are about the growing suspicion concerning the ISS.

But, ironically, the movie will also serve as an excellent example of how Hollywood fakes the ISS. Oops. :lol:
lux

Unread post by lux »

Well, the US government has shut down, says the media, but don't worry -- NASA won't let the ISS crew whither and die in outer space.
The U.S. government shutdown beginning today (Oct. 1) will shut down much of NASA, but the space agency is taking special measures to safeguard American astronauts currently living on the International Space Station. source
But, what about all those satellites and bits of space junk whizzing around our planet? Who's going to make sure they don't crash into each other?
Most of NASA's 18,000 employees are furloughed today as a result of the government shutdown ...
And, who's monitoring the Martian rover? Oh, my! :lol:
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

lux wrote: I'd say the number of Oscars "Gravity" earns will be a measure of how concerned the perps are about the growing suspicion concerning the ISS.
Oh, absolutely, dear Lux.

I will expect Vanessa Redgrave to be the host of that Oscar gala. :P
lux

Unread post by lux »

Vanessa Redgrave? Sorry, that one went over my head. Please explain. :blink:

BTW, this is the screen I get when I go to http://www.nasa.gov/‎

RogerSmith

Unread post by RogerSmith »

The "government shutdown" impacts websites too apparently:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the ... overnment/
simonshack
Administrator

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"A similar fate awaits NASA Web sites, according to the agency's shutdown plan, which notes that the public "will not have televised access to NASA operations and programming or access to the NASA Web site."

Aren't they funny? ^_^
CitronBleu

Unread post by CitronBleu »

simonshack wrote:"A similar fate awaits NASA Web sites, according to the agency's shutdown plan, which notes that the public "will not have televised access to NASA operations and programming or access to the NASA Web site."

Time to shut down the circus?
lux

Unread post by lux »

Some discussion here on how the weightlessness was faked in the movie "Gravity" though little detail is given.

Once released this movie should serve as an example of how the ISS weightlessness may be faked or at least demonstrate to the public that it can be faked realistically.
simonshack
Administrator

Priceless. :rolleyes:

Sandra Bullcock and the (alleged) director of "Gravity" Alfonso Cuaròn getting all excited - as they receive reeeally special gifts...
Poor George Cluenay must be absolutely livid with envy !

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJq-M_A3kcY
sceppy

Unread post by sceppy »

Velcro on a handle eh? :lol:
Good old Sandra bollocks, now her son doesn't have to beg for some fake film set garbage, he can have the real fake stuff. :lol:
I, Gestalta

Unread post by I, Gestalta »

sceppy wrote:Velcro on a handle eh? :lol:
Good old Sandra bollocks, now her son doesn't have to beg for some fake film set garbage, he can have the real fake stuff. :lol:
Definitely laughed out loud at that. :lol:
lux

Unread post by lux »

simonshack wrote:*

Priceless. :rolleyes:

Sandra Bullcock and the (alleged) director of "Gravity" Alfonso Cuaròn getting all excited - as they receive reeeally special gifts...
Poor George Cluenay must be absolutely livid with envy !
I noticed you said "alleged director." Now I'm curious. Could you elaborate on that, Simon?
simonshack
Administrator

lux wrote: I noticed you said "alleged director." Now I'm curious. Could you elaborate on that, Simon?
Oh nothing much, really - perhaps it was an ill-pondered use of the cautionary "alleged" word. Cuaròn may well have been entrusted to direct this catastrophic NASA propaganda, why not? As I typed the "alleged" word, my mind was just drifting back to his Wickedpedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfonso_Cuarón on which it is stated (scroll down to bottom of page) that Alfonso is not only the director of "Gravity", but also "writer, producer and editor" of the movie. I found that slightly implausible, that's all.
lux

Unread post by lux »

OK, just curious -- thanks.

I just noticed that Ed Harris is in the movie. He also had a major role in "Apollo 13" and played astro-not John Glenn in "The Right Stuff."
sceppy

Unread post by sceppy »

This video has a few flaws and I'd like to know how the stuff is possible.
I'll explain:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqdRFNIhlmI
As we can see from 1:14 to 1:17, the actor is doing press ups..and ok, nothing untoward about that, it looks easy because it's in a supposed weightless environment so by gripping his hands through the floor grill, he can easily and effortlessly do these press ups.

At 1:27 to 1:33, we see him with two other actors on his back who SHOULD weigh nothing on him, yet it's clear to see that he's struggling a little bit more in trying to do the press ups.
Ok, we can allow people to say " yes because the other actors still have mass." Oh fair enough then, it's a lame excuse but why argue.

The next bit is amazing though.
From 1:39, the actor does a no handed press up with the same two on his back. How did he manage this?
From the way we have been told about an environment like this, how can he get leverage with his toes to not only drop down but to also raise back up and also, the saying, " an object in motion will stay in motion with the same speed and direction until acted upon by another force."
That being said: how does he go down and not smash his head off the grating? What force is arresting his motion, not to mention what force actually started it.
It's nonsense.

Moving on to the military trained circus actors at 2:15, we see them doing a sort of angular momentum thing, supposedly steering their bodies around. If you notice though...the bozo at the back, starts off a little early yet they both turn and stop dead at exactly the same time. (military drill masters...learn from these highly trained zero gravity drill actors)...
Ok, so they turn and turn again as the video goes on and each time they are virtually stopping dead." An object in motion will stay in motion with the same speed and direction until acted upon by another force."Which force would this be that stops them dead?

The dangle on an invisible rope salute at the end is quite funny if you take a look at their feet as they do the salute.
Can anyone shed any light onto this stuff, because I sure the hell can't, other than to see it for what it is. FAKE!