The MOON HOAX

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
simonshack
Administrator

Re: The MOON HOAX

Unread post by simonshack »

Wow! Thames TV apparently "just discovered" this old (1973) never-seen-before Buzz Aldrin interview - and published it on Youtube (on May 14, 2019!)...

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKBNVmJnxUU

It is up to you to decide whether this man's words can be trusted - or if he's just one of many (mentally unstable) people who have chosen to become Liars-For-a-Living.
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

It seems that Buzz video can only be watched directly on YouTube.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

'Lost' tapes of first moonwalk to be sold, former NASA intern may make millions

A former intern at NASA may become a millionaire when he sells three metal reels that contain original videotape recordings of man’s first steps on the moon.

The online auction for the three reels will go live July 20 at 11 a.m. on Sotheby’s website. The sale coincides with the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission; the expected total price is up to $2 million.

According to the auction site, Gary George was awarded a cooperative work internship at the NASA Johnson Space Center in June 1973. Three years later, he bought over 1,100 reels at a government surplus auction for $218, Reuters reported.
Running at about three hours, the tapes show what Mission Control saw on July 20, 1969. Captured on the reels are Neil Armstrong’s first steps on the moon and Buzz Aldrin’s demonstration of lunar gravity. The tapes also show the astronauts’ solar wind experiment and their deployment of the American flag on the surface of the moon, as well as their “long distance phone call” with Richard Nixon, who was the President of the United States at that time.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/apos-los ... 29767.html
michiganj

Unread post by michiganj »

We lost the tapes.
https://www.thevintagenews.com/2018/06/ ... ost-tapes/

No wait. We erased the tapes and recorded over them.
https://www.npr.org/2009/07/16/10663706 ... o-11-tapes

No! No! We sold them years ago for $217.77
https://www.foxnews.com/science/apollo- ... gs-auction

Good grief NASA! Which one is it? :rolleyes:
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

michiganj » July 5th, 2019, 6:20 pm wrote:We lost the tapes.
https://www.thevintagenews.com/2018/06/ ... ost-tapes/

No wait. We erased the tapes and recorded over them.
https://www.npr.org/2009/07/16/10663706 ... o-11-tapes

No! No! We sold them years ago for $217.77
https://www.foxnews.com/science/apollo- ... gs-auction

Good grief NASA! Which one is it? :rolleyes:
And yet they continue to be “responsible” for vast sums of money. It’s truly an ongoing face-palm situation with these clowns.
simonshack
Administrator

Dear members and readers,

There seems to be some hope (after all) for the relentless search of intelligent life on Earth ! :)

"Coming up is the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing. In 2016, a survey showed that 52 percent of the British public thought that Apollo missions were faked. Skepticism is highest among those who were too young to see it live on TV: 73 percent of aged 25-34 believe we didn’t land on the moon, compared to 38 percent of those aged 55 or more.These numbers seem to be rising every year."
http://www.unz.com/article/the-moon-lan ... r-mankind/

73 percent !!! :o B) :)

The article continues:

"British unbelievers were only 25 percent ten years ago*. It is not known how many they are today, but a 2018 poll by the Russian Public Opinion Research Center revealed that 57 percent Russians believe that there has never been a manned lunar landing. The percentage rises to 69 percent among people with higher education: in other words, the more educated people are, and the more capable of rational reasoning, the less they believe in the moon landings. In the US, the percentage seems much lower: A 1999 Gallup poll indicated just 6 percent Americans doubting the moon landings, and a 2013 Pew Research showed the number to have risen to a mere 7 percent. Not surprisingly, then, a 2010 Pew Research poll showed that 63 percent of Americans were confident that NASA would land an Astronaut on Mars by 2050."

The original source of this survey report :
https://www.iflscience.com/space/52-per ... ms-survey/

I'd like to think that Cluesforum has - over the years - contributed somewhat to this most encouraging enhancement of public consciousness. -_-
* As it is, Cluesforum celebrates its tenth anniversary this year.
TErikson

Unread post by TErikson »

The percentage rises to 69 percent among people with higher education: in other words, the more educated people are, and the more capable of rational reasoning, the less they believe in the moon landings
Hmm in France, we are told the opposite. The less educated you are, the more you believe in conspiracies.

These figures seem surprising to me. For me in France, from what I have observed, the more we love this system to enjoy on the material level, the less we wonder.
simonshack
Administrator

TErikson wrote:
These figures seem surprising to me. For me in France, from what I have observed, the more we love this system to enjoy on the material level, the less we wonder.

Dear TErikson,

They may be surprising but...
"Sixty per cent of British people believe at least one conspiracy theory about how the country is run or the veracity of information they have been given, a major new study has found, part of a pattern of deep distrust of authority that has become widespread across Europe and the US."
(...)
"Of the countries surveyed, Sweden was the least credulous of conspiracy theories, with 52% believing one or more of the theories polled by the researchers, as opposed to 85% for Hungary. In the US that figure was 64% and in France 76%."
https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... y-theories
(85% ?! Funny that...I've always thought that the Hungarians are among the brightest folks on this planet - and the Swedes the most gullible ones...).

If these figures are close to the truth, a possible yet most hilarious conclusion ensues (I'm still chuckling at the very thought!...):

We at Cluesforum represent the thoughts of the MAJORITY of the Western world's population ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
kickstones

Unread post by kickstones »

Happy 'walking on the moon' anniversary hoax days to everyone 20-21 July 1969.

From the Onion, the 'true original' video and audio-tape of the 'men landing on the moon', full of four-letter words by the 'astronauts', 2min50s

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIkHLO93lCA
Mansur

Unread post by Mansur »

simonshack » July 16th, 2019, 8:44 pm wrote:(85% ?! Funny that...I've always thought that the Hungarians are among the brightest folks on this planet - and the Swedes the most gullible ones...)
Not wanting to verify anything, - my experience, however, is that Hungarians consume really all the most fantastic “theories”, “conspiracy” ones as well imported from the West as the local ones mostly about the (geographical) origin of the nation. Maybe in that land the barrenness of both social and private life is more felt than in anywhere else not to want escaping it at any cost.

Anyway, it is natural to hold one’s own nation or country the most gullible in the world. (I heard saying Americans many times the same.)

On the other hand, this kind of putting it
"Of the countries surveyed, Sweden was the least credulous of conspiracy theories, with 52% believing one or more of the theories polled by the researchers, as opposed to 85% for Hungary. In the US that figure was 64% and in France 76%."
is confusing in not a small measure by its not mentioning the “official versions” (of anything), that is to say the media-propaganda, - which has more to do with the gullibility issue than anything else. (Not to believe in the moon landing is still, in most cases, let’s say 99%, very much an affair of gullibility, isn’t it? – Is my estimation too bold and arbitrary?)

(So perhaps Hungarians, and maybe all the rest of the former “satellites” of the soviet empire, are not so gullible as regarding official media, - two generations are being brought up here among the official and obvious lies, - and so they are big markets now for the not-so-official or counter-official i.e. “conspiracy theories”.)
ICfreely

Unread post by ICfreely »

Moon landing anniversary: How NASA's Apollo 11 could have exposed planet to deadly virus
NASA’S Apollo 11 astronauts could have exposed the planet to deadly pathogens from the Moon, a new Moon landing documentary series has revealed.
By Sebastian Kettley
PUBLISHED: 20:37, Mon, Jul 8, 2019

The bug could have then been released into the Earth’s atmosphere when the hatch to Apollo 11’s Columbia Command Module was opened in the Pacific Ocean.

Astronaut Collins said: “Look at it this way, suppose there were germs on the Moon.

“There are germs on the Moon, we come back, the command module is full of lunar germs.

“The command module lands in the Pacific Ocean, and what do they do?

“Open the hatch. You got to open the hatch! All the damn germs come out.” :lol:

Lunar Module Pilot Aldrin mirrored the sentiment in the PBS series but joked whatever lunar bug may have been inside the Columbia spacecraft, has long sunk to the bottom of the ocean.

He said: “It takes all those germs to the bottom of the ocean. I wonder if they’d survive down there?”

After the three men splashed down in the Pacific on July 24, 1969, they were transferred to the state-of-the-art Mobile Quarantine Facility (MQF).

The MQF housed the Apollo 11 crew for 21 days, during which doctors made sure the men were healthy.

The quarantine effort was discontinued after the Apollo 14 lunar landing.

NASA said: “The lunar quarantine program was designed to ensure that return of lunar material represented no threat to the public health, to agriculture, or to other living resources.

It established definitely that no life exists on the moon.

“The crews of the three lunar quarantine missions, Apollo 11, 12, and 14, experienced no health problems as a result of their exposure to lunar samples.

“Plants and animals also showed no adverse effects.”

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/ ... -NASA-news

Three decades after Apollo 12, a remarkable colony of lunar survivors revisited

Apollo 12 remembered

In 1991, as Apollo 12 Commander Pete Conrad reviewed the transcripts of his conversations relayed from the moon back to Earth, the significance of the only known microbial survivor of harsh interplanetary travel struck him as profound:

"I always thought the most significant thing that we ever found on the whole...Moon was that little bacteria who came back and lived and nobody ever said [anything] about it."

The Deep Sleep

The Surveyor probes were the first U.S. spacecraft to land safely on the Moon. In November, 1969, the Surveyor 3 spacecraft's microorganisms were recovered from inside its camera that was brought back to Earth under sterile conditions by the Apollo 12 crew.

The 50-100 organisms survived launch, space vacuum, 3 years of radiation exposure, deep-freeze at an average temperature of only 20 degrees above absolute zero, and no nutrient, water or energy source. <_< (The United States landed 5 Surveyors on the Moon; Surveyor 3 was the only one of the Surveyors visited by any of the six Apollo landings. No other life forms were found in soil samples retrieved by the Apollo missions or by two Soviet unmanned sampling missions, although amino acids - not necessarily of biological origin - were found in soil retrieved by the Apollo astronauts.)

How this remarkable feat was accomplished only by Strep. bacteria remains speculative, but it does recall that even our present Earth does not always look as environmentally friendly as it might have 4 billion years ago when bacteria first appeared on this planet.

Recent biological progress

May 1995: Deciphering of the first complete gene of a living organism (1,749 genes of the Hemophilus influenzae bacteria). In the New York Times, Nobel Laureate and co-discoverer of the DNA double helix, James Watson said: "I think it's a great moment in science." :rolleyes:

September 1995: Deciphering of the smallest known viable genome on the planet, Mycoplasma genitalium, giving the first genetic script of what separates life from non-life. :puke:

https://science.nasa.gov/science-news/s ... t01sep98_1
SmartNews Keeping you current

Drug-Resistant Bacteria Found on International Space Station Toilet
The bacteria do not currently pose a risk to astronauts, but that could change as the microbes adapt to their environment
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-ne ... 180970920/

How this script plays out is anyone's guess. I speculate it'll go something like this:

1) Some mysterious pathogenic microbe (bacterial or "viral") will eventually be "discovered."

2) NASA will deny any knowledge of it.

3) Activist groups ("people's organizations") will speak "truth to power" and demand NASA come clean.

4) Hard-hitting Investigative journalism will lead to congressional hearings.

5) NASA will finally admit knowledge and claim it kept it under wraps to avoid mass pandemonium.

6) An international consortium of vaccinologists, after many "character building setbacks", will eventually come up with a miracle vaccine.

7) Nobel Prizes will be handed out and mass vaccination will ensue.
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

Yes, and the “Germ”an Reich shall rise...again...
mnew9

Unread post by mnew9 »

I mean, to any reasonably intelligent person, does this picture really look like it was taken on the moon? Could such a flimsy lunar module have made it all the way to the surface of the moon, carrying with it a moon buggy roving vehicle? :lol: :lol:

Supposedly pictured- Apollo 17 and Gene Cernan driving on the moon.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/hist ... g-vehicle/
ICfreely

Unread post by ICfreely »

I came across this little gem over at the Unz Review.

Nostalgic for Creationism—It Was Nicer Than Cultural Marxism.
John Derbyshire • May 18, 2019

I got a little blast from the past reading Razib Khan’s May 13th piece at National Review: Conservatives Shouldn’t Fear Evolutionary Theory.

Just some background on Razib. I have known him for more than twenty years, since we were both on Steve Sailer’ s original Human BioDiversity discussion group. Razib is a geneticist, most particularly a population geneticist, with a wonderfully comprehensive knowledge of how the various peoples of the world differ from each other and how they got to be where they are.

Razib runs the Gene Expression blog at gnxp.com. His May 11th post there on the Uighurs is pretty representative of his interests: history, religion, and population genetics.

Just a word of warning: If you feel you want to comment at that blog, let me tell you that Razib is a serious rival to Greg Cochran for the world championship of Not Suffering Fools Gladly. If you want to challenge him, just make quite sure you know what you’re talking about

https://www.unz.com/jderbyshire/nostalg ... l-marxism/

If the following is indicative of Razib Khan’s intellectual prowess, then…

July 20, 2019
From the earth to the moon!
Filed under: Space — Razib Khan @ 1:29 pm

‘My name is Ozymandias, king of kings;
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!’
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

1,000 years into the future what names will still be known from the second millennium? I suspect Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein. Probably Charles Darwin. Perhaps Genghis Khan. Due to the likelihoods of demographics, I would bet that more will recall Mao Zedong than Joseph Stalin.

But the men who stepped on the moon, I suspect, will also be known as names. It was a singular accomplishment.

As a subscriber to The New York Times I decided to go look at some of the articles from July 1969. I was surprised to find this: SURVEY FINDS PUBLIC BACKS MOON LANDING:

With the Apollo 11 moon mission to start tomorrow, the American people now favor landing a man on the moon by 51 to 41 per cent, according to a new poll by Louis Harris published yesterday in The New York Post.

Support was much more equivocal than I would have guessed. The public was quite aware of how expensive it all was.

My own suspicion is that humans will go back to the moon. But I think it will be a private company or an effort led by China. I don’t think our culture has the will to engage in such a task anymore.

http://www.razib.com/wordpress/
…where do I begin? :)
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

As his name would imply, backwards...how Bizar...