Russian Meteor Shower 15-2-2013

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
rusty

Re: Russian Meteor Shower 15-2-2013

Unread post by rusty »

scud wrote: ...believe that our most ancient ancestors bore witness to a very different looking cosmos by virtue of artifacts which all bear a remarkable similarity of imagery...even though we can be sure that these various cultures never encountered each other.
Sounds interesting and it would not surprise me at all, knowing what I know so far. Can you point me to more concrete books or articles about this subject? I know that ancient star maps often contain additional celestial objects, such as the infamous "Planet X/Nibiru", but I'm not aware of artifacts showing a "very different looking" cosmos.

About the "exploding rocks" subject: Yes, I concur that rocks are likely to break up when heated, mostly due to expanding fluids within, but I see no point for a fiery explosion as displayed in the Russian meteor videos.

Yes, and I also doubt the pictures of the Saturn moons are more than models made by NASA. If we don't accept their claims of them sending "probes" and the "Hubble Bubble", there is no way to catch crispy clear images of objects of this size. That is not to say it's impossible that these moons look like that or similar, I just doubt we know for sure.

Good points made throughout this thread...though it now contains a plethora of diffent side-tracked subjects ;)
r3sist

Unread post by r3sist »

Treasure hunt story time. Lots of debate in today's articles about it being a comet now to explain away the lack of debris. Except the tiny pieces the Russian Academy of Science's meteorite committee have found, which we've already seen is a faked photo.

The extraterrestrial origin of 53 rock fragments collected on the frozen surface of Lake Chebarkul was confirmed during analysis conducted by the Urals Federal University in the early hours of Monday. But this is just the start of the process of gathering the debris left by the large meteorite, which exploded on entering the earth's atmosphere and hit the ground in a series of fireballs on Friday.

Viktor Grokhovsky, a member of the Russian Academy of Science's meteorite committee, has been put in charge of the scientific search operation. "There are a lot more fragments to be discovered in many other places … it's only a matter of time," he said.

The search is being concentrated at the moment around a six-metre wide hole in Lake Chebarkul, about 50 miles from Chelyabinsk, discovered by locals shortly after the meteorite hit the ground.

Military divers spent much of the weekend scouring the bottom of the lake, but were hampered by poor visibility and found nothing.

Despite the failure of the divers, there was still likely to be a piece of meteorite in the lake of at least 50cm in diameter, said Grokhovsky.

Local officials said on Sunday that the formal search was being abandoned, but scientists will continue the hunt. No one from the eight-strong scientific team has yet been able to examine the whole surface of the lake because of a cordon put in place by the authorities over the weekend.
The scientists will take it from here. Good foresight on Mr. Grokhovsky, can't wait til his team finds that 50cm meteorite piece to line up with his weird prediction. ???
Analysis of the pieces recovered so far, none of which had a diameter greater than 1cm, suggests that 10% of the meteorite was made up of iron. Traces of sulphite and the mineral olivine were also present.

"It was a stone meteorite that belongs to a class of ordinary chondrite meteorites,"
said Grokhovsky.

Likely to be named Chebarkul after the lake where the first fragments were found, the meteorite is the biggest such object to hit the earth in more than 100 years.

Within the academic community there appeared to be a difference of opinion on Monday as to the exact nature of the object, when some experts said it was conceivable that it was a comet that had struck southern Russia at 9.20am on Friday.

"In Chelyabinsk we saw a type of comet in which there was almost no meteorite remaining," said Alexander Bagrov, a member of the Russian Academy of Sciences' Astronomy Institute, Interfax reported.

"It was mainly made up of a mass of ice, of which no trace is left."
Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2013/ ... ents-comet
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

r3sist wrote:
Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2013/ ... ents-comet
Oh, ok. So let me just copy and highlight - for the record - this statement by Alex Bagrov - of the Russian Academy of Sciences:

lux

Unread post by lux »

^ More of that dastardly exploding ice! :lol:

Here is NASA's ridiculous video of the "near-miss asteroid" that preceded it:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy0p0D3h9iA

It looks like an old Commodore 64 video game.
Last edited by lux on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Makkonen

Unread post by Makkonen »

:lol:
rusty

Unread post by rusty »

lux wrote:^ More of that dastardly exploding ice! :lol:
Ice on fire, no doubt! The hottest ice ever!
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Looks like a mid-90's power up with 'mosaic' applied, too.

Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

Assuming that the meteor arriving from deep, cold space consisted of say 2 000 tons of ice at -260°C temperature formed like a ball or space iceberg (broken off billions of years ago at the other end of Universe from a space glacier), it would evidently warm up from outside due to friction when entering Earth atmosphere at high speed and produce a vapour trace as seen on the videos and maybe also, when heated too much on the outside but still -150°C inside, produce some sort of explosion/pressure wave breaking old windows below to finally just evaporate into steam except for a chunk of ice that created the hole in the lake ice cover!

I always wonder about all these NASA experts having answers to all questions except how to ... re-enter from space in one piece not burning up (if flammable) or evaporating (non-flammable ice) finally filling up our oceans. :lol:
Luckily the ISS did not collide with this space iceberg avoiding a space Titanic incident. :rolleyes:
But maybe Hollywood/NASA/JPL will produce it in 2014 to finally get rid of the ISS?
lux

Unread post by lux »

Perhaps astro-nots returning from their space adventures will begin exploding on re-entry too.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

I could get on board with that speculation. Maybe this whole thing might be the first stage for them to revoke the NASA trips from their practice. If more and more people realize the probes, satellites and space travels of yesteryear were hoaxes, they can use the excuse of it being the fault of a 'new class' of space debris (from crossing the galactic plane or something) and then phase it out without admitting that the initial moon trips were nothing but a phony fantastic fallacy because they were all too dangerous in the first place.

I guess I'd be careful about assuming what their next move is, but why not watch the slithery escape routes and opportunities they're always creating for themselves, to squirm out of being caught in a gigantic lie?
Sisterlover

Unread post by Sisterlover »

This just in! NASA releases billion dollar program to combat asteroid to earth threat.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYSupJ5r2zo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 2zo#t=112s
scud

Unread post by scud »

rusty wrote:
Sounds interesting and it would not surprise me at all, knowing what I know so far. Can you point me to more concrete books or articles about this subject?
Here’s an introductory film to ‘electric cosmos theory... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AUA7XS0TvA ... and this is Wallace Thornhill’s site... http://www.holoscience.com/wp/ .
Some interesting and convincing ideas for sure, particularly about the workings of the Sun, comets, craters etc; but unfortunately they appear to accept, lock, stock and barrel, everything spewing out of NASA and the rest. Hmm...maybe they’re the ‘controlled opposition’ to the mainstream...9/11’s ‘architects and engineers’ of the Universe! :lol: Well, after all..is that not a ridiculous fake image from the laughably stupid idea of an ‘international space station’ on Mr. Thornhill’s home page?...I do believe it is!
“Good points made throughout this thread...though it now contains a plethora of different side-tracked subjects”
Agreed rusty. I think ‘EC’ theory (part of the bullshit web or not) maybe relevant though, as I personally think it is a more likely explanation for the craters that we see on our Moon than direct impacts and would follow that the same phenomena would occur on Earth...i.e large meteorite impact is actually impossible.
Talking of which, dunno if you checked out ‘anon1911’s’ links to Saturn’s Moons that supposedly look just like ours? Anyway, turns out that ‘Mimas’ has a nickname...‘the deathstar’ and it’s easy to why...

http://www.microscopics.co.uk/blog/2009 ... eath-star/

..thing is, what came first. These ‘Cassini’ probe images or ‘Star Wars’? :rolleyes: :D

Heiwa wrote:
“Assuming that the meteor arriving from deep, cold space consisted of say 2 000 tons of ice at -260°C temperature formed like a ball or space iceberg...”
Heiwa, have a look at this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_8cynWnAw8

This is the power of the Sun, here on our surface after it has passed through and ionized a good proportion of 500 to 1000 Km of atmosphere. What do you think it is capable of if completely exposed?...and how is a vacuum, or ‘nothing’, cold?
anon1911
Banned

Unread post by anon1911 »

scud wrote:...and how is a vacuum, or ‘nothing’, cold?

Heat (or thermal energy) is nothing but the motion of atoms and molecules. There is no external energy source in a vacuum that keeps this motion alive, hence the motion of the atoms decreases -- that is to say, it becomes cold.
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

scud wrote:
Heiwa, have a look at this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_8cynWnAw8

This is the power of the Sun, here on our surface after it has passed through and ionized a good proportion of 500 to 1000 Km of atmosphere. What do you think it is capable of if completely exposed?...and how is a vacuum, or ‘nothing’, cold?
55 years ago I managed to put fire to many things using a little magnifying glass down on sunny Earth. Later I was quite good at cutting steel using available technology putting ships together. I have a feeling sun bathing on, e.g. the Moon is fatal. Being priviliged I can go swimming in the sea year round at the beach outside my house here but I always protect myself against the sun by all means. B)
arc300

Unread post by arc300 »

fbenario wrote:
anon1911 wrote:I haven't heard of any impact at the moon, but we do have footage of an impact on jupiter.
No we don't.

Or have you forgotten the main NASA conclusion of this forum, which is that NONE of the footage of outer space is trustworthy?

Please tell us why you automatically assume that footage shows us what it purports to show us.
TOUCHE!
Keepin' it real!