Project 119 - nuking the moon!

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
reichstag fireman

Unread post by reichstag fireman »

:lol:

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive....

From the Independent.. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scien ... 64114.html
US military chiefs 'planned to blow up the moon with nuclear bomb' as show of Cold War muscle, physicist claims

Claims that military bosses developed a classified plan to launch a nuclear weapon 238,000 miles to the moon where it would be detonated upon impact

"US Military chiefs, keen to intimidate Russia during the Cold War, plotted to blow up the moon with a nuclear bomb, according to project documents kept secret for for nearly 45 years.

The army chiefs allegedly developed a top-secret project called, 'A Study of Lunar Research Flights' – or 'Project A119', in the hope that their Soviet rivals would be intimidated by a display of America’s Cold War muscle.

According to The Sun newspaper the military bosses developed a classified plan to launch a nuclear weapon 238,000 miles to the moon where it would be detonated upon impact.

The planners reportedly opted for an atom bomb, rather than a hydrogen bomb, because the latter would be too heavy for the missile.

Physicist Leonard Reiffel, who says he was involved in the project, claims the hope was that the flash from the bomb would intimidate the Russians following their successful launching of the Sputnik satellite in October 1957.

The planning of the explosion reportedly included calculations by astronomer Carl Sagan, who was then a young graduate.

Documents reportedly show the plan was abandoned because of fears it would have an adverse effect on Earth should the explosion fail.

The scientists were also, reportedly, concerned about about contaminating the moon with radioactive material, Mr Reiffel said.

The US government has never formally confirmed its involvement in the study."
Last edited by reichstag fireman on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

So did they finally get their wish in 2008 with the bombing of the moon (and Obama's synchronous Nobel award)? It seems like they put projects on back burners, but eventually squeeze out whatever they've been building up for decades or more in some way.

So I wouldn't say the media is too concerned about contradictions. As long as the self-proclaimed "elite" get the ego boost of claiming a long term project is completed - no matter how fake, corny or ineffectual - they can tuck it in their done file, with the projects that are more effective, and claim dominance over mythmaking big and small.

Though, I do agree (if I'm reading you correctly) that they often reveal just how childish and dumb their lies are through their many slip-ups that most people overlook for the sake of maintaining consistency in their worldview.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

reichstag fireman wrote: :lol:
Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive....
CARL SAGAN - and his astronomical sagas

PROJECT 119 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_A119
"A young Carl Sagan was part of the team responsible for predicting the effects of a nuclear explosion in low gravity."
I think it's no fluke that the science-clown Carl Sagan was involved with this ridiculous moon-nuking "Project 119" hoax. Sagan (which, ironically, translates as THE SAGA - in my native nordic idioms) was, for those who may not know, a good-looking Jewish boy who rose to international fame and became one of those silly "science-popularizers" which infest our TV sets. Of course, he spent most of his career at the spookish and - as far as I have gathered along the years - totally phony and corrupt Cornell University. To make matters worse, Sagan posed as an expert in critical thinking - sold millions of books on the subject - and is now highly regarded as an expert in this field...

Here's his bestseller "The Demon-Haunted World" which haughtily propounds to debunk pseudoscience - and 'set the record straight' regarding all things 'scientific and unscientific'...
"Winner of the Los Angeles Times Book Prize for Science and Technology and a New York Times Bestseller, ‘The Demon Haunted World’ is a book that you will relish and struggle to put down; one whose arguments you are sure to recount every time you come across the banner of pseudoscience."
http://thestudentspost.com/the-demon-ha ... arl-sagan/
Wonkypedia describes this book as follows: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Demon-Haunted_World
"The book is intended to explain the scientific method to laypeople, and to encourage people to learn critical or skeptical thinking. It explains methods to help distinguish between ideas that are considered valid science, and ideas that can be considered pseudoscience. Sagan states that when new ideas are offered for consideration, they should be tested by means of skeptical thinking, and should stand up to rigorous questioning."

Did you know that the famous maxim "Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence" is actually credited to the Sagan clown - and even called the "Sagan Standard" by some ?

Well, if you're interested in this SAGAN guy, I suggest you look up all the other idiotic hoaxes he's been involved with throughout his life, and make your own conclusions as to why the 'scientific' community of this planet is in such a big mess !

https://www.google.it/search?q=sagan+vi ... 60&bih=464

As a descendant of the proud and fearless seafarers, the Vikings, I am most offended by the fact that this very stupid contraption which was supposedly landed on Mars by NASA, was called the "Viking lander".
http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/multimedia/ ... ?IM_ID=244
simonshack
Administrator

Re: Project 119 - nuking the moon!

Unread post by simonshack »

PROJECT 119: "BOOSTING THE MORALE OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE"

In case anyone missed it, I feel compelled to post the official motivation for this imbecilic, alleged NASA plan of nuking our moon:
"The main objective of the program, which ran under the auspices of the United States Air Force, which had initially proposed it, was to cause a nuclear explosion that would be visible from Earth. It was hoped that such a display would boost the morale of the American people."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_A119
Yes, folks. I'm not making this shit up - so don't blame the messenger. It is hard to even imagine what sort of deranged minds are behind these insanely silly stories. It is also very sad that so many people actually buy into them - for the sole reason that they are released by official government sources.