Elon Musk, SpaceX and PayPal

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Re: Elon Musk, SpaceX and PayPal

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

nonhocapito » September 24th, 2018, 2:09 am wrote:
The end is now in sight for gas-powered vehicles in much of the world.

So ends the article. It may be true. In which case, only later it will become clear that the real end of this change is to bring all vehicles 100% into the digitally controlled surveillance realm, so as to make sure that at no time ever a human life is lived outside the matrix. Hopefully hackers will make it more interesting.
It’s hard to see it any other way. In addition to the hackers, I’d say oil and gas interests will serve as a barrier for a while as well.

In fact, I’d venture to guess that (as difficult as it is for me to imagine) “self driving cars” will be imposed before 100% electric cars are. But I could very well be wrong about that.

There are numerous legal and logistical issues to both seemingly inevitable realities.

But nothing that a couple of trillion dollars in “defense spending” and a decade (or so) can’t make possible.

Here’s to “hackers” and the oil and gas industry. ;)
heniek1812

Unread post by heniek1812 »

SacredCowSlayer » September 24th, 2018, 3:00 pm
In fact, I’d venture to guess that (as difficult as it is for me to imagine) “self driving cars” will be imposed before 100% electric cars are. But I could very well be wrong about that.

There are numerous legal and logistical issues to both seemingly inevitable realities.

But nothing that a couple of trillion dollars in “defense spending” and a decade (or so) can’t make possible.
I think you are correct. They will push the cost on this "progress" on the sheeply taxpayers thus shearing them of another couple of trillion to make it all a reality. A reality that the sheep saw in Holy-Wood movies.

Another "push down" will be chipping. In Europe they have rolled out a law that makes going to a clinic and adventure. Due to data protection concerns a patient can not be called out by their name !!! Now lets move that forward, putting a chip in everyone will make sure all the sheep's data will be secure and there will be no need to call anyone. You will simply get a shock telling you to do something.
aa5

Unread post by aa5 »

Mandating self-driving cars will be incredibly easy. All it will take is some speeding human driver to kill a young girl, and that will be it for people controlling the cars.

It can be done in stages too. An easy first stage is with computer control limiting speed to the legal speed limit in each section of road. Next is mandating technology to make it so the vehicles can't rear end, or go into the wrong lane, or into the bike lanes and onto sidewalks.

The road network is also more powerful if all the cars have sensors & cameras on them reporting to the network. For example hazardous things like slick roads the cars can warn each other. Another interesting one is imagine a dog running towards the road after a ball. But trees blocking the view of incoming cars. Yet cars beyond the trees can see the dog running towards the road with their rear view cameras. With the network they can communicate with the incoming cars. And with computer control of the cars, the cars can be slowed down to a safe speed to avoid an accident.

There are other even more futuristic ideas. Like there is no real need for stoplights with automated cars. In fact there isn't even a reason to slow down going into intersections as the computer can time them like a mesh of cars. Another thing is right now cars also cannot drive very close to each other, because human reaction speed is only so fast, and you never know what the person in front of you will do. (although many people still drive very close and get in constant rear end accidents). But with computer control cars can be spaced much tighter than now allowing vastly higher road utilization and throughput.

Here is the thing with monitoring where you are going. The state already knows exactly where 99% of the population is, and the exact paths they have taken over the last few years.. from the cell phone GPS system.
PianoRacer
____

Unread post by PianoRacer »

aa5 » October 5th, 2018, 8:36 pm wrote: There are other even more futuristic ideas. Like there is no real need for stoplights with automated cars. In fact there isn't even a reason to slow down going into intersections as the computer can time them like a mesh of cars.
This reminded my of something I saw years ago that I found intriguing. It's actually a pretty cool concept, but I agree that like all good things, it will ultimately be used to control us:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pbAI40dK0A

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/~aim/

"Traffic Control for the Future" indeed!

Quite ironically, and somewhat counter-intuitively, safety and efficiency would actually be improved if we had fewer rules and restrictions when it came to driving:

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/t ... ity-column
Perhaps you’ve heard of Hans Monderman. I hadn’t until recently. With a name like that, I imagined he was a cheese Danish or the guy who invented the spin cycle on Maytag washers. Instead, Monderman (1945–2008) was a traffic engineer in the Netherlands, where he offered to help speed the flow of traffic—as much as 22,000 cars daily through some intersections—in a town in Holland called Drachten. In response, Monderman apparently dialed his brain to its own spin cycle, because he ripped down every single traffic signal in the city.

Not only did he dismantle the signals, he also binned the speed-limit signs, no-parking signs, curbs, speed bumps, warning signs, railings, and directional lines painted on the asphalt. What he wanted were wide-open intersections—so-called “shared spaces”—and he wanted them to be a little intimidating, a little ambiguous. Drivers had to ask, “What, exactly, am I supposed to do here?”

Monderman’s idea was that motorists would take cues from observing other motorists. He wanted them to make eye contact and negotiate rights of way among themselves. His assumption was that when people feel insecure, they’re more attentive, patient, and alert—a voluntary behavioral change. It sounds like a recipe for Lusitania-quality catastrophe, with random C/D editors using the clear intersections as skidpads. (We would.) Instead, the intersections promoted a more efficient flow of cars, buses spent less time waiting, startup times were slashed, and accidents both declined and were less severe.
More reading:
https://bigthink.com/want-less-car-acci ... road-signs
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ts-drivers
https://www.dw.com/en/european-towns-re ... /a-2143663
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Dear all,

Some of you may remember that, back in 2016, I gathered a collection of 5 different SpaceX launches which all featured some sort of winged insect or bird flying in front of the "camera lens", only seconds before or after these rockets appear to take off from their launchpads.

Here's the link to my original 2016 post titled The SpaceX fraudsters JUST LOVE their bugs, bats, flies, bees, birds and mosquitoes

And here follow the 5 short gifs I made of these bizarre occurrences :

CLIP 1 : The SpaceX MOSQUITO (approx 1 minute before alleged rocket launch of May 27, 2016 - and JUST as puff of smoke bursts out of rocket tower)
source: https://youtu.be/wPYOtCFSLKw?t=1188

CLIP 2: The SpaceX FLY (25 secs before alleged rocket launch of March1, 2013)
source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... W4#t=2363s

CLIP 3: The SpaceX BAT (19 seconds before alleged rocket launch of Oct 7, 2012)
source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... zXU#t=583s

CLIP 4: The SpaceX BEE (3 seconds before alleged rocket launch of June 4, 2010)
source; http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Hng8#t=86s

CLIP 5: The SpaceX BIRD (1 second after rocket exits lens view of alleged launch of June 4, 2010)
source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... HrP0#t=61s

Well, here's what can be viewed on NASA's Youtube channel - from a more recent alleged SpaceX rocket launch (December 2019) :

Alas, my above gif has poor resolution. To view this "thing" in better quality, please go directly to the NASA video in question. Here' s the time-stamped link to it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvuX55J ... .be&t=2064

You may also wish to read the Youtube comment section of that NASA video...

As Elon Musk would say: "it looks so fake it must be real." :rolleyes:
heniek1812

Unread post by heniek1812 »

(December 2019) :

Love that video link loss just before landing. Just like a pro. :lol:
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

This seems to be in your face fakery or mockery of fakery. Anyone who believes a car can be put in orbit deserves to be mocked I guess...

Still, people allege to have seen and filmed the starlink train of satellites Musk allegedly put in orbit recently. (For example see here: https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/25/1863 ... etherlands).

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytUygPqjXEc

This should be easy to verify for anyone with a telescope and some time on their hands. Of course they could be drones and what not, but if they can be seen at various locations around the globe, and repeatedly at a specific time, that's hard to replicate by anything that needs fuel to go.
rusty

Unread post by rusty »

By chance, I had the pleasure to watch these "satellite" dots Friday night, one hour after sunset. They came in all along the same line, less than one minute apart from each other, for about 10 Minutes. I looked it up the next day on Heavens Above, it confirmed my observations, those were Starlink 3 satellites, launched on Jan. 29th. According to what I read, they had been a lot brighter initially, but have been moved to a higher orbit later on. They still were clearly visible to the naked eye, even here where there's a lot of light pollution.

I don't want to go into details (right now) about what these things really are and if the launch footage was fake (it was). But to me, this was a scary sight to behold, and I have the strong feeling that this deserves far more attention. The general public knows next to nothing about this stuff, so far only some astronomers complain about the "pollution" of the sky, rendering astronomy nearly impossible in the long term, at least at certain times. The morona craze distracts everyone. I don't say there is a direct link to starlink. But maybe there is far more to it than we are told. Does it make sense to you that we need thousands of "satellites" just to have internet in remote areas? I think, everyone who needs internet in remote areas (like on the ocean) can already get it. Is there any money you can make from it? To me, this makes zero sense.

I'd definitely appreciate your thoughts and input on this. Here are some of my musings, I don't claim anything of this is conclusive:

1. When googleing "Starlink" or searching on YT, one of the results you get is a computer game called "Starlink - Battle for Atlas". This immediately struck a nerve. I hope some of you have heard about comet Atlas which is just about to enter the inner solar system in the next weeks. The claims about this comet are wild and widespread. The official version is, that it may or may not be visible to the naked eye, but earth should not be affected by it in any way. On the other hand, some think it might get as big as the big comet of 1844, some say the coma is as big as the sun or something like that. Currently, astronomers think the core is disintegrating.
My current view is, in contrast to mainstream views, that comets are supercharged plasma balls (just as the sun and many other celestial bodies). Comets passing by the earth and sun ALWAYS have an impact (no pun intended) on us, mostly by their electrical charge. I don't think it's by chance that our ancestors dreaded them. Could this Starlink program somehow have the goal to minimize the effects of this electrical charge on us? Or even more? Is this too far-fetched?

2. Could the name "Starlink" be a hint that these objects somehow "link us to the stars", which could mean: to (fake) alien life? Are those objects part of the plan to fake an alien invasion? The morona story and other hoaxes of the past should remind us that it does not take much to fool the general public. There's no need for holographic projections of UFOs in the sky and such. It's sufficent to show some beams, bright dots and flashes and everyone will be convinced there's a battle going on in the sky. Some CGI on the TV screen and voilà - everyone "has seen it with their own eyes, it's real, folks".
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Dear Rusty,

I'm glad to see that comet "ATLAS" (C/2019 Y4 - ATLAS) traces just the sort of trochoidal cometary path...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Come ... AS-sky.png

...that my TYCHOS model predicts : :)

The TYCHOSIUM 3D simulator: https://tychos.space/ts

As you may know, my current "working theory" is that comets may simply be solar ejecta (i.e. small [gaseous?] "chunks" of our Sun) that get flung out from time to time into wider orbits, yet keep returning to our solar system at various intervals of time (e.g. Halley's comet : roughly 76 years), to say hi to their "magnetic mother", the Sun.

In the below picture, the girl's rotating belly represents the Sun - and the hula hoop represents a given comet's (or in fact, ANY of our system's planets') orbit :

If the girl (while she rotates her belly counter-clockwise) would start to slowly move around a clockwise circle, she would enact the "precession of the equinoxes".
Pokerniko

Unread post by Pokerniko »

Regarding de supposed Starlink satellites, there're a lot of videos from cell phones that supposedly show them passing over the night sky, my questions are:

1)Why should those satellites emit that amount of light during the night?

2)Starlink satellites dimentions are very small, you can see at the link below a module carrying 60 of them,the whole module is about 8mt. so, thinking about how small a passenger plane looks like when cross the sky at 10km altitude, how in this world would it be posible to see with naked eye those satellites that are about 3/4 meters width at about 500Km altitude?

https://www.space.com/spacex-starlink-s ... photo.html
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

They are claiming that they are painted with some reflective material and the sign is shining off of them.
Pokerniko

Unread post by Pokerniko »

@anonjedi2

Thanks for your answer, but during the night at 500km altitude, what source of light are those satellites supposed to reflect? Plus, why the reflection should be seen from the ground?

And, biggest question, how can people see with naked eye a 3 metres object flying at 500Km altitude?
rusty

Unread post by rusty »

Pokerniko wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:55 pm Thanks for your answer, but during the night at 500km altitude, what source of light are those satellites supposed to reflect? Plus, why the reflection should be seen from the ground?
They are only visible for about 90 minutes before and after sunset, which is consistent with an altitude of 480km and the given earth radius. However, some (flat earther) videos showed them as almost as bright as the ISS when they were at about the same altitude as the ISS. This certainly does not make sense, given their much smaller size. I have my personal theories about what all of those really are, but I keep that to myself until I have further confirmation.
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

Pokerniko wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:55 pm @anonjedi2

Thaks for your answer, but during the night at 500km altitude, what source of light are those satellites supposed to reflect? Plus, why the reflection should be seen from the ground?

And, biggest question, how can people see with naked eye a 3 metres object flying at 500Km altitude?
I'm sorry for the typo, I meant to type that they are claiming that the SUN is reflecting off of them.
Mansur

Unread post by Mansur »

A size of two or three meters does not mean two three- or four-square-meter (flat) surfaces capable of reflecting the light of the sun to the same place on Earth. - Maybe they should be some kind of vibrating or fading light even in this case. (Is this observable all over the earth or only in certain places?)