MARS & the Curiosity Rover - NASA's latest hoax

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
anonjedi2

Re: MARS & the Curiosity Rover - NASA's latest hoax

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

Sisterlover

Unread post by Sisterlover »

Oddly similar, indeed! I (crudely) pasted the latter image onto the former. The perspective is virtually unchanged. No instrumentation, controls or wheels have changed at all, they've only bothered to change the shadow mask. The plains vs. foothills in the backgrounds are what juxtaposed them for me.
There is also a complete lack of tracks in the first image. But, kicking up dust is clearly a must in the second. Finally, is that a dude's reflection in the "Wall-E" eye of the rover? C'mon, now!

Sisterlover

Unread post by Sisterlover »

fast67vellen2o

Unread post by fast67vellen2o »

None of those "track" patterns match anything that the "rover" is doing. There is no way that that thing made those tracks and ended up where it is currently sitting.

-Fast67
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Well spotted, fast67vellen2o. There is also no explanation as to how such tracks would even exist in the hostile environment of Mars. Did the wind suddenly cease? Is there enough moisture of any kind to preserve tracks and not have them immediately cave in?

This has been one of the main criticisms of the famous Apollo moon foot prints, as well. No moisture on the moon means no preserved footprints, let alone perfect ones that last long enough for a hot photo session.

Even if the images didn't look shopped, the premise of the "photos" is implausible.
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

There is now a heated discussion about whether the picture below shows a lizard in the Martian landscape:

Source: http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images ... 1_DXXX.jpg

Source of nonsense: http://www.buzzfeed.com/samjparker/mars-lizard

Instead of discussing whether there is life on Mars, maybe they should start discussing whether there is a Rover on Mars! :P
MrSinclair

Unread post by MrSinclair »

This seems to be a media variation on the Delphi technique just as the "Freedom Zones" for protests during political conventions are a physical variant. People are free to argue as much as they want for either side of a narrowly defined proposition that occludes possibilities outside its Aristotalian either/or paradigm. Thus the choice is between lizards on Mars or not and nothing more. While dupes who get caught up in this kind of construct can feel passionately about their "controversial" stance for Either or for Or they rarely realize that it is only the opportunity to define the debate that is of importance
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

Nothing will change until more people grasp the fundamental formula:
NASA-bullshit2.png
NASA-bullshit2.png (80.38 KiB) Viewed 18580 times
Lazlo

Unread post by Lazlo »

In my day sonny, Mars was red!

Those new pics look like Utah or something:

By the way that is Utah and not Mars.
Starbucked

Unread post by Starbucked »

Had to take a closer look at Adam Steltzner - of Seven Minutes of Terror fame.

My first impression of this guy is that his acting is hilarious/ pathetic and he fits the role as the hip Rock n Roll Engineer perfectly... just as Chris Hadfield fits the roll of children's astrotainer.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5_Il2tAT7U

From wiki:
Around 1984, while driving home from music gigs at night, he noticed how the position of the constellation Orion was in a different place than before. This fascinated him, so he decided to take an astronomy class at College of Marin, but he was required to complete a class in physics first, and it was there he had a revelation: nature could be understood and predicted. As Steltzner put it, "I had found religion.......
B)
Steltzner is married to wife Trisha, who also works at JPL, and has two daughters, Caledonia and Olive. His second daughter was born three weeks after the Mars landing in 2012.
<_<

Here is a photo of Adam and his "wife" who allegedly works at JPL as well.
Is this a photoshop job?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lazymodele ... otostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lazymodeler/5199987632/

The Flickr account belongs to a guy calling himself "The Lazy Modeler" and "Hollywood Asshole". It appears like he is involved in Special Effects Modeling.

Odd coincidence that one of the few photos of Adam and Trish is taken by a Hollywood modeler who's flickr sets include Kubrick, Space Shuttle and Curiosity. Probably no coincidence.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lazymodele ... 775120305/
Nasaspotlight

Unread post by Nasaspotlight »

Starbucked wrote:Had to take a closer look at Adam Steltzner - of Seven Minutes of Terror fame.

My first impression of this guy is that his acting is hilarious/ pathetic and he fits the role as the hip Rock n Roll Engineer perfectly... just as Chris Hadfield fits the roll of children's astrotainer.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5_Il2tAT7U

From wiki:
Around 1984, while driving home from music gigs at night, he noticed how the position of the constellation Orion was in a different place than before. This fascinated him, so he decided to take an astronomy class at College of Marin, but he was required to complete a class in physics first, and it was there he had a revelation: nature could be understood and predicted. As Steltzner put it, "I had found religion.......
B)
Steltzner is married to wife Trisha, who also works at JPL, and has two daughters, Caledonia and Olive. His second daughter was born three weeks after the Mars landing in 2012.
<_<

Here is a photo of Adam and his "wife" who allegedly works at JPL as well.
Is this a photoshop job?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lazymodele ... otostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lazymodeler/5199987632/

The Flickr account belongs to a guy calling himself "The Lazy Modeler" and "Hollywood Asshole". It appears like he is involved in Special Effects Modeling.

Odd coincidence that one of the few photos of Adam and Trish is taken by a Hollywood modeler who's flickr sets include Kubrick, Space Shuttle and Curiosity. Probably no coincidence.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lazymodele ... 775120305/
I watched this video twice, once when I was conducting a search for space hoax and once to show a family member the absurdity of NAZA. My problem is, I watch these videos on my roku box. Therefore, it would require at least an hour to fire a computer up, search for the same video, then post said video here for everyone, so I am glad you found it and posted it. From memory, the main actor (seltzman) literally did not answer ONE question appropriately from the presser. He was asked some specific questions about flight data and he glossed over them like a bowling lane. Then you had the “party-hardy” guy who they kept showing as he said “Is that cool or what?” It was so pathetic.

-Mr Sinclair, I learned the “Delphi Technique” you refer to is also known as a false dichotomy (http://mind.ucsd.edu/syllabi/98-99/logi ... otomy.html). A false dichotomy is a debating technique and the top NAZA shills are well versed in the field of professional debate. This is why most of the time a disinterested party will read comments or discussions and tend to lean towards the propaganda.

Edit to add:
One of the most infamous NAZA false dichotomies is as follows: “It would have been harder to fake moon missions in the late 60’s-early 70’s; therefore, they MUST have gone to the moon.”

Another infamous false dichotomy from NAZA “it would be impossible to keep this fakery a secret when hundreds of thousands of people worked on the project (simulation); therefore, they MUST have gone to the moon.”
Lazlo

Unread post by Lazlo »

WTF?

What the hell is this guy the Wild Boy of Aveyron?* I've heard of "no child left behind" but this is ridiculous. This guy would have been like 21 when he had his little epiphany. That nature could be understood and predicted is just stuff you gots ta' know; especially where rain clouds and laxatives are concerned.

*Victor of Aveyron (c. 1788 – 1828) was a French feral child who was found in 1800 after apparently spending the majority of his childhood alone in the woods. Upon his discovery, his case was taken up by a young physician, Jean Marc Gaspard Itard, who worked with the boy for five years and gave him his name, Victor. Itard was interested in determining what Victor could learn. He devised procedures to teach the boy words and recorded his progress. Based on his work with Victor, Itard broke new ground in the education of the developmentally delayed. (Source: Wiki)
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

Starbucked wrote:Image
They're all pasted in!
Starbucked

Unread post by Starbucked »

Lazlo wrote:
What the hell is this guy the Wild Boy of Aveyron?* I've heard of "no child left behind" but this is ridiculous. This guy would have been like 21 when he had his little epiphany. That nature could be understood and predicted is just stuff you gots ta' know; especially where rain clouds and laxatives are concerned.
That Wiki bio quote reminds me of the Sandy Hook vicsims memorial garbage which 'might' go something like this:

"Little Sally was only 3 when she witnessed a baby kitten on the road with a broken tail. (the kitten, not the road) It was then when she had her first epiphany and decided to open an animal sanctuary to care for all of God's critters. Please give generously (don't even think of anything less than a $20 donation) to ensure her dream is realized"

Do the same writers create all of this junk?
CitronBleu

Unread post by CitronBleu »

Update on FOIA request for release of information related to the MSL Sky Crane architecture

Hello all,

Here is an update on my Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request submitted to NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) on 7 December, 2012.

Just a reminder: I sent JPL an FOIA request to release information related to the preposterous contraption that is the Mars Science Laboratory (MSL) Powered Descent Stage, also known as the Sky Crane, which allegedly lowered the MSL Curiosity rover on Mars on 6 August, 2012

I specifically requested the following documents from JPL:

1. The MSL Sky Crane Mission Study conducted by JPL's Advanced Projects Design Team (Team-X); and
2. NASA's 2004 board review report for the initial Sky Crane project proposal.

In response to item number 1, the JPL representative informed me that he "could not locate any responsive Government records."

In response to item number 2, I received a number of PDF documents related to the 2004 peer review board, which I need to sift through.

I am considering appealing JPL's negative response to request item number 1. My request related to the general architecture, engineering, and flight mechanics of the MSL Sky Crane, of which we know practically nothing. This mission study was clearly carried out, in all or in part, by JPL's Advanced Projects Design Team, also commonly known as "Team-X," the department at JPL which is tasked with the design and conceptualization of space mission projects.

The MSL Sky Crane and Curiosity rover design projects can be clearly observed portrayed in the following video report carried-out at "Team-X" offices at JPL in Pasadena, California:

I also wrote about this JPL department in this post located here:

http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f= ... 5#p2378363