Richard Branson - and Spaceport America

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
kervik

Re: Richard Branson - and Spaceport America

Unread post by kervik »

I have been interested in these private ventures for quite some time now.
While I don't believe its possible for man to land on the Moon I do believe that low orbit travel may* be possible. I just don't see how ALL of this can be fake. Surely the ISS is real. I think thats what the RB Spaceships will be doing; going the same height as the ISS, but not in "outer space" as they would have us all believe.
Anyone remember the Concorde airlines?

I seem to remember hearing about this airline being the one the "stars" used. Said they were miles up and were flying quicker. A trip from America to London would take 2 or 3 hours instead of 8.
Could this be one of the reasons behind the 9/11 fakery? To have a reason to retire this airline? What if the ISS is real, but its only flying at the same altitude of the concorde? It would be hard to keep up the fakery if the Concorde airline pilots could see the ISS from their pov.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

kervik wrote:I just don't see how ALL of this can be fake. Surely the ISS is real.
Seems to me you have three choices.

1. Read a lot more of the 40,000 posts here until you begin to see reality more clearly.

2. Post for us evidence the ISS exists as described by government and media.

3. Change the dosage of whatever you're taking that is making your thinking fuzzy.
kervik

Unread post by kervik »

1. I've looked over quite a few of the posts on this forum, but I still don't believe that the ISS is completely fake. There was another quote I saw written somewhere on the forum that said if we, hoax theorists, cry wolf at every turn than most people will believe that we are just a bunch of flat earth believing yahoos.
2. It interests me much so I will supply so research when I get a chance.
3. Totally uncalled for and has completely nothing to do with the topic, yet 2 of my latest replies that were on subject were moved to the derailing room. Riight.
First off I joined this site, because I thought it was open to new ideas on the space skeptics subject. How can you even expect for anyone to gain interest in these theories to find new* solutions if you push everyone away that has any new or reasonable information?
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

kervik wrote:How can you even expect for anyone to gain interest in these theories to find new* solutions if you push everyone away that has any new or reasonable information?
Kervik,

I have seen no "new or reasonable information" coming from you so far - only bland / odd questions and self-pitying complaints. What did you expect anyone to write in reply to your last post - which was justly moved by a fellow admin to the Derailing Room ?
kervik wrote:So their really going to go through with a full on Mars hoax?!
I thought they'd just stick to fake rovers until they came through with a breakthrough.
Your next before last post wasn't any better: http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p2384523

If you do have some interesting info, please start delivering the goods. Ok? Also, please know that, in English, "they are" can be spelled "they're" - but not "their".
lux

Unread post by lux »

kervik wrote:1. I've looked over quite a few of the posts on this forum, but I still don't believe that the ISS is completely fake. There was another quote I saw written somewhere on the forum that said if we, hoax theorists, cry wolf at every turn than most people will believe that we are just a bunch of flat earth believing yahoos.
“We hoax theorists”?!?!?! Speak for yourself. This forum deals mainly in evidence and logic and tends to frown upon assertions of unsupported speculation except when clearly labeled as such. We are not “theorists” of any sort and this comment of yours is an insult.

You also don't understand what “cry wolf” means. It comes from the fable The Boy Who Cried Wolf and it means to repeatedly give false alarms of impending danger as a malicious prank resulting in disbelief from others when a real danger presents itself. I don't see any analogy of this sort of thing on this forum.

As for others thinking we are “just a bunch of flat earth believing yahoos,” that is probably already the case with the majority of our dumbed-down population and is one important reason for our presenting the evidence of media hoaxes that we strive to do here. If the media pumps out one hoax after another, as it appears to do, then our job becomes presenting evidence of this incessant fraudulence “at every turn” as you put it.
3. ... First off I joined this site, because I thought it was open to new ideas on the space skeptics subject.

Expressing the opinion that “the ISS is real” flies in the face of a great deal of research that has been done on this forum so, obviously, it would not be a “new idea” that would be welcomed here, especially when presented without a scrap of evidence to support it as you have done. Frankly, it's hard to believe that someone wouldn't understand that unless they are either suffering from a severely low IQ or they are here to intentionally disrupt the forum.
Lazlo

Unread post by Lazlo »

Are There "Ringers" in Industry?

For those that don't know anything about sports, like me, a ringer is someone very highly skilled that is substituted into an athletic game who would otherwise be ineligible to participate. Some people are so competitive that they will even make such substitutions at church leagues. Suppose you are playing soccer (football) at a church picnic and you ask your teammates and opponents if your old uncle Eddie can play. Of course you win this otherwise unimportant match because Eddie is really Pelé* the soccer great and you accept the win because you are a degenerate egotist who always has to be right.

Are there ringers in industry? In industry one wouldn't need to be highly skilled as in the Pelé example but would only have to play along because in industry there are no rules and everything is done sub rosa. I have thought about this before but have been thinking of it again because of Richard Branson who has been mentioned on this board. Some friends of mine who are non techies are going to travel cross country and I experimented with 4g broad band for them as a favor. I went on the Virgin Mobile site to see what they had. I called their number as I was a bit confused and guess what? They tried to sell me a cruise package! So this guy, Branson, who is touted as being one of the great entrepreneurs of our times is diverting business from his hub companies into a subsidiary. WTF?

In the tech world you have Wozniak and Gates in competition. Wozniak was ostensibly a tinkerer whose father brought home components that Woz peeked and poked which he parlayed into a job as an electronics engineer at Hewlett Packard. On the other hand in The Ant and The Grasshopper fashion Gates was just a layabout who skips class and lays up in his dorm room playing poker at Harvard until a light goes off in his head. Gates then goes on to run around the world injecting people with dubious "vaccines." Is Gates just a ringer? Some of this story can be seen in the rather light, but watchable movie, Pirates of Silicon Valley.

Then we move on to one who could be the biggest ringer of them all:James Watson. How much of a coincidence is it the the discoverer of DNA is a racist and a eugenicist. According to his bio, Watson was casting around for a situation in academia and he researched what the next big thing was going to be and he settled on DNA research. He had to be tutored in biology for a year before matriculating as it was a subject that he knew little about. Then he pulled a lot of strings for his university placement. As one version of the story goes: colleagues would snicker at their obstreperous models but one of the team, Francis Crick I think, saw the light when he got a quick glimpse of an X-ray crystallographic film held by an associate. Is it possible that Watson was a ringer for a group of people with a keen interest in having the inside track and a proprietary interest in this type of information? We have seen the insidious running around pell mell of organizations patenting everything that isn't nailed down and sometimes, late at night when everything is quiet, reflecting on the human genome project one can get the feeling that it isn't all about discovery and pure research but control.

Pelé*excuse the dated reference, I really don't know anything about sports.
totalrecall

Unread post by totalrecall »

Good post on ringers.

By ringer in industry, do you mean put someone you control in an area of academia to claim prizes and patents on something you have already discovered?

I definitely think there are academics who are just the presentation for the public, such as Einstein or Hawking. I reckon Einstein was just a pure front for the people behind him and Hawking may even be just a vegetable. Does he lecture?
Lazlo

Unread post by Lazlo »

totalrecall wrote:Good post on ringers.

By ringer in industry, do you mean put someone you control in an area of academia to claim prizes and patents on something you have already discovered?

I definitely think there are academics who are just the presentation for the public, such as Einstein or Hawking. I reckon Einstein was just a pure front for the people behind him and Hawking may even be just a vegetable. Does he lecture?

Yes, all that and more.

By ringer in industry, do you mean put someone you control in an area of academia to claim prizes and patents on something you have already discovered? Yes, but not necessarily just for things you have discovered. They might snoop around and claim a discovery that someone else has made, or is close to making as may have been the case with the discovery of DNA. They might be whole companies as shown below to suck the air out of a market or another company. We already know about how journalism is rife with ringers. One wag recently said that Operation Mockingbird never left and today it has taken on the dimensions of Operation Pterodactyl.

Hitler was a ringer for sure. Ostensibly, Hitler was a down and out street tough, firebrand speaker and failed artist but let's not forget his most important job: he was army intel. He was cast in that role by the semi autonomous German Army that was looking about for another direction to take the country in. In his book Hackers: Heroes of the Computer Revolution Steven Levy speaks about a cadre of young entrepreneurs who just walked away with the store from major universities in America. These "dropouts," ala Bill Gates knew a good idea when they saw one and saw fit to "liberate" these ideas from the staid institutions that didn't realize what they had, much like the mouse and its operating systems that were liberated from Xerox because they were supposedly just too "square" to realize what they had. I am just suggesting that these technological gurus were possibly not as serendipitous as their bios suggest and were seeded into the mix for one reason or another. From what I know about vaccines, with their inclusions, adjuvants, contamination and toxic artifacts of preparations; they are certainly nothing I would want to take and it is hard to believe that a dweeby techno-geek, like Gates, who is famous for his poor hygiene, woke up one day and decided he wanted to stick brown babies. I am thinking he just might be playing a role, much like Hitler did. Get rich, so rich you couldn't spend it and show the world what real philanthropy is on a grand scale. Another possible ringer is Ted Turner. Turner is the largest landholder in the U.S. But when you try to balance the books it doesn't pan out. Besides all his buffaloes and ranges Turner owns like intact antebellum plantations in the South. Fine, but when you start poking around at the numbers that generated all this wealth, they just don't add up. It is hard to get accurate figures as much of the media measuring services, like Nielson Ratings are proprietary and expensive. But they don't call it The Dinosaur Media for nothing as it is quite threadbare and downright skeletal. One of the crown jewels in the portfolio that Turner sold to Time Warner was CNN. On some days CNN gets around 500,000 viewers and this in a country of over 300,000,000 people. The numbers somehow don't add up. Is Turner playing a role, that of a magnate? I don't know but I have to wonder sometimes.

Anderson Cooper we all suspect is a ringer. The erstwhile journo admits to having ties to the C.I.A. and on a journalistic hiatus he appeared for a time on a reality show, oh so ironically called, The Mole (does it ever stop) But if you look at his commercial background it gets even stranger. Cooper supposedly made his journalistic stripes working for Channel 1, the controversial television enterprise. Channel 1 is a satellite TV station that is broadcast into schools across the U.S. In exchange for letting the programming into the classrooms, schools would benefit by receiving state of the art electronic equipment that they could use as teaching aids. The programming seems innocuousness enough, some news and current events supposedly tailored to the curriculum. The controversy ensued because the programming came with commercials. It was felt that this was a form of propaganda as the students were "captive audiences."

Channel 1 was a subsidiary of Whittle Communications. The success of Channel 1 attracted a major purchaser for company: the global giant Philips Electronics. Besides Channel 1 Whittle was involved in the publication business. Whittle, a company based in Tennessee, started out as the 13-30 Corporation. There it rose to fame with a popular magazine published in a colorful poster format called Knoxville in a Nutshell the success of which they parlayed into the purchase of Esquire Magazine. Whittle then went on to form Whittle Communications featuring, besides Channel 1, hard back books with advertising which subsidized the price of the books (which had begun to be expensive) and single focus-single advertiser magazines. Seduced by what appeared to be a rich media maverick company Media conglomerates including Time Warner Inc. and Philips Electronics bought into Whittle's vision and lost hundreds of millions. In a Nixonesque denial, Whittle told the New Yorker magazine that he was not a huckster. The reason: "A huckster has an intent to mislead.''* In the end it seemed like there was nothing there but a shell, a shell that fooled both Time Warner and what was at the time the largest electronics firm in the world. All this happened at a time when the media niche of single focus-single advertiser magazines was having its biggest year ever. And we are left with this:

*An Empire Undone: The Wild Rise and Hard Fall of Chris Whittle: By Vance H. Trimble Birch Lane 353pp

And we are left with this structure, now a Federal Courthouse that once housed Whittle Communications:

Anderson Cooper "Playing War" in His Channel 1 Days

Sorry Oprah had to be in there:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V81tiOm-JSs

So there you have it, a couple of possible ringers. A whole "paper tiger" corporation with no substance but, at the end of the day, enough juice to fool Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. (Royal Philips Electronics, commonly known as Philips) is a Dutch multinational electronics company headquartered in Amsterdam. (source: Wiki) We have Whittle who went on to form another paper tiger: The Edison Project, a company designed to manage charter schools in much the same way private prisons are managed. According to Wiki the company is floundering and exits on cash infusions from the likes of Jeb Bush.
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

totalrecall wrote:I definitely think there are academics who are just the presentation for the public, such as Einstein or Hawking. I reckon Einstein was just a pure front for the people behind him and Hawking may even be just a vegetable.
As everyone knows, Hawking has written (or is said to have written) another bestseller (http://www.amazon.com/The-Grand-Design- ... 055338466X) which happens to be a hodgepodge of schoolboy philosophy following his initial crass statement that philosophy is dead.

In his public speeches and interviews, this man, whom we are supposed to worship as an idol of intellectual prowess, sounds more like an uninspired science fiction writer:
Our only chance of long-term survival is not to remain lurking on planet Earth, but to spread out into space [...] I'm an optimist. We will reach out to the stars.

If aliens ever visit us, I think the outcome would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn't turn out very well for the Native Americans.

I imagine [aliens] might exist in massive ships, having used up all the resources from their home planet. Such advanced aliens would perhaps become nomads, looking to conquer and colonize whatever planets they can reach.

Although September 11 was horrible, it didn't threaten the survival of the human race, like nuclear weapons do.
Love this picture :rolleyes:

Sources of some of the above:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/spac ... ntury.html
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57328 ... e-or-else/

[ADMIN: For readers curious about this line of inquiry, please see the Stephen Hawking Hoax thread, started by elmoastro 3 months after this post. Here: http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?p=2388783#p2388783 -hp]
Rudy Algera

Unread post by Rudy Algera »

Today's news about Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -FEET.html
Real or crap? - that's the question.
Lazlo

Unread post by Lazlo »

Re: Rudy Algera
Some friends of mine are traveling and they may need 4g Wireless. These people are total newbies to tech and I anticipated that they would get stuck out of wi-fi range which they are just now realizing after a couple of months. I invested seventy bucks, 20 for a used USB stick and fifty for a months trial of T-Mobile 4g. These are good friends and I didn't mind the expense and I wanted to give an experienced report for them on the quality and coverage of the technology. I think only T-Mobile and Virgin have pay as you go in my area and I only needed the month to do my testing. I wanted to go with Virgin as they are right by my house. For some reason, I couldn't get through to the Virgin Mobile store so I called the toll free number. The only response I got was a recording trying to sell me a cruise package. So, genius, bon vivant, shrewd and tech savvy billionaire Richard Bronson doesn't want my phone business but wants to sell me a 3rd party cruise package....is this real or crap?
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Lazlo wrote:Re: Rudy Algera
Some friends of mine are traveling and they may need 4g Wireless. These people are total newbies to tech and I anticipated that they would get stuck out of wi-fi range which they are just now realizing after a couple of months. I invested seventy bucks, 20 for a used USB stick and fifty for a months trial of T-Mobile 4g. These are good friends and I didn't mind the expense and I wanted to give an experienced report for them on the quality and coverage of the technology. I think only T-Mobile and Virgin have pay as you go in my area and I only needed the month to do my testing. I wanted to go with Virgin as they are right by my house. For some reason, I couldn't get through to the Virgin Mobile store so I called the toll free number. The only response I got was a recording trying to sell me a cruise package. So, genius, bon vivant, shrewd and tech savvy billionaire Richard Bronson doesn't want my phone business but wants to sell me a 3rd party cruise package....is this real or crap?
Echoing the good question. This sounds like one of those pyramid schemes where the point isn't so much to get more customers into your product but merely acquire as many employees under you to fake-sell the product as possible or hype something else — sometimes just hype hype itself! Something like Trump's ACN or any number of his other (misad)ventures. Sometimes it felt like when we dialed the phone numbers of the sims (the ones in the metadata of the CNN pics) we'd get similar dead ends. Sometimes a web site is just a web site most people won't visit. Sometimes a phone number is just a phone number most people will never call.
<_<
http://pyramidschemealert.org/hyped-by- ... ollapsing/
ShaneG

Unread post by ShaneG »

I've just had a read of this article where Richard Branson talks about how they expect to be up and running later this year.

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/90601 ... flight.htm

"Virgin Galactic is scheduled to take its first ever-commercial space flight late this year, where VSS Enterprise will take on board its first passengers, Sir Richard Branson, 63, and his children, Holly, 31, and Sam, 28."

Bitcoin is talked about in the piece, apparently Branson is big on bitcoin!

"Richard Branson finds that the revolutionary company, Bitcoins "a brilliantly conceived idea" that was able to "really captured the imagination recently." Bitcoins, also known as "cryptocurrency" because of its military-standard cryptography to protect owners against fraud, can be obtained by purchasing them from someone using any regular currency or by earning them through Bitcoins Mining, a system dedicated for Bitcoins transactions.
"All of our future astronauts are pioneers in their own right," Branson, penned in an online blog post titled "Bitcoins in space." "This is one more way to be forward-looking."
Virgin Galactic has already received payments through Bitcoins, a flight attendant from Hawaii was one of the customers who have purchased a ticket to Virgin Galactic using Bitcoins, according to Branson.
"I hope that it will become more widely accepted," he penned. "A few years ago many people had doubts about whether Virgin Galactic would ever get off the ground. Now we have gone supersonic, are a long way along the testing process, and are looking forward to launching commercial space flight."
Bitcoins has become very controversial since its launching and Virgin Galactic's acceptance of the revolutionary currency came in a very remarkable time. Bitcoins has been a subject for congressional hearings recently."

Hmm, I wonder what the angle is there?
lux

Unread post by lux »

Gosh. Just when we were about to begin the age of space tourism by private companies like Branson's Virgin Galactic – wouldn't you know it? – one of their “spaceplanes” crashed!

And, coincidentally, in the same week as another big rocket disaster to boot!

This, the Space Pundits are now telling us, will cause a great setback to the the space tourism business, which, of course we here at CF knew was never really going to happen anyway.

But, in any case, it sure is funny how the spaceplane managed to crash without disturbing the ground around it, no? It almost looks like the parts were just dumped there from a truck or something.

HonestlyNow

Unread post by HonestlyNow »

Looks as fake as a model airplane on fake ground. What's with that area of duplicate ground?