Richard Branson - and Spaceport America

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
lux

Re: Richard Branson - and Spaceport America

Unread post by lux »

reel.deal wrote::lol:

MTV CRIBS - Necker Island in the British Virgin Islands

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myt_C5fW8Y0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myt_C5fW8Y0

Public Schoolboy Tricky Dicky still a virgin ! :wub:
er... allegedly ? :unsure:

:P
Notice Branson wears his watch on his left wrist, as is also the case in half a dozen other photos of him I've found online but the guy in the kite skiing photo above has his watch on the right wrist. The ELA of the photo also shows a very likely head transplant for "Branton"
reel.deal
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by reel.deal »

Last edited by reel.deal on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dcopymope
Banned

Unread post by Dcopymope »

reel.deal wrote:Space Camping :: First tent in Space

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLxaee3hUu4
B)
Can somebody explain why we see no stars at all in this video? The tent begins "re-entry" at 103,500 ft which is only about 31 kilometers high and is nowhere near actual space in the truest sense of the term for them to be claiming its even making "re-entry". If it was really making "re-entry" it would have been in flames for sure, unless there is something I don't know about this tent (100 km above sea level is considered to be the start of outer space). So why is this regarded as the "first tent in space"? What exactly is the point in posting this video here? Is this meant to be a joke?
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

Dcopymope wrote:Can somebody explain why we see no stars at all in this video?
When you are inside the tent you only see inside the tent. :D
Outside the tent, you'll drop down to Earth = end of camping. :o
No stars anywhere. :wub:
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Dcopymope wrote:Is this meant to be a joke?
Yes - but NASA's are funnier! :P
illusion42

Unread post by illusion42 »

Dcopymope wrote:
reel.deal wrote:Space Camping :: First tent in Space

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLxaee3hUu4
B)
Can somebody explain why we see no stars at all in this video? The tent begins "re-entry" at 103,500 ft which is only about 31 kilometers high and is nowhere near actual space in the truest sense of the term for them to be claiming its even making "re-entry". If it was really making "re-entry" it would have been in flames for sure, unless there is something I don't know about this tent (100 km above sea level is considered to be the start of outer space). So why is this regarded as the "first tent in space"? What exactly is the point in posting this video here? Is this meant to be a joke?
Unless I'm mistaken, from 1:40 the Earth appears to be parabolically curved as if viewed through a fish lens.

What is this sorcery? :lol:
reichstag fireman

Unread post by reichstag fireman »

Utah wrote:I'm just saying that the only record - online, at any rate - shows that Branson spent a day in jail and paid some fines. I was responding to a wild claim of his being jailed for 12 months. TBH, I was just thinking of protecting this forum from accusations of slander.
Dear Utah,

It's some months later, but I should like to revisit this discussion. I have a distinct memory, perhaps faulty, that an earlier media report pronounced that Mr Richard Branson (as he then was), had been given a significant custodial sentence for the crime of tax fraud. Specifically, a Value Added Tax (sales tax) scam. The fraud allegedly involved the local sale of imported goods (music records) that had been falsely declared as being destined for re-export. The scam saw VAT which had never been paid, being "reclaimed". A theft from the public purse.

Please would you disclose where you have information to the contrary. Information which clarifies the nature of the alleged offence(s), and the sentence imposed. The circumstances according to online accounts are very contradictory.

Thank you. Incidentally, we may already know each other from another forum, the now defunct LibertyForum, where I was known as the not-so-saintly "Seraphina" (at the suggestion of a female friend! Must have been pantomime season!)
Last edited by reichstag fireman on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

reichstag fireman wrote:I have a distinct memory, perhaps faulty, that an earlier media report pronounced that Mr Richard Branson (as he then was), had been given a significant custodial sentence for the crime of tax fraud. Specifically, a Value Added Tax (sales tax) scam involving the local sale of imported goods (music records) that had been falsely declared as being for re-export.
Beats me if this is dependable.
How Branson Spent A Night in Prison [FMB - For VAT Offense]

http://www.good2work.com/article/1699
reichstag fireman

Thanks Fred. All roads, in terms of this story, lead back to Branson's own(?) words in his autobiography. The story is cited as if it were fact, yet all aspects stretch credulity. The phony ferry trips from Dover to the continent, ostensibly to "sell" his imported records, so he could rob the VAT from the taxpayer. Hmm. "Branson" already had a chain of stores, so not exactly a barrow boy, yet he still did his own dirty (money) work? ;)

Branson is, if nothing else, a good storyteller, if indeed the words are his. Here's another yarn. Again, published originally in his autobiography, Losing My Virginity. It's about his miraculous 1974 escape from drowning in Mexico. I dunno. Whaddayathink? :blink:

In 1974, Richard Branson’s first marriage with Kristen was falling apart. They went on a holiday to Cozumel off the coast of Mexico to patch things up. They decided to go deep-sea fishing at Yucatán peninsula. There was a broadcast of bad weather and the fishermen were hesitant about sailing that day. The Bransons and another couple lured the fishermen by offering to pay double their usual rate. The fishermen took the bait and they went out to the sea.

When the boat was in the middle of the sea, the weather turned stormy. The waves rose high and the boat was smashed. The Bransons jumped the boat while the others remained on the boat. They swam for three hours in icy cold sea water before they reached the beach. They informed the rescue team on the beach about the others still on the boat. The rescue ferry went in search however returned shortly as the sea was too dangerous to conduct a search operation. The fishing boat and its passengers were never found.

After the incident, Richard Branson described his thoughts – “I had to learn to live with the question of whether the fishermen would have gone out to the sea if it hadn’t been for us. Two fishermen and two tourists had drowned, and a fishing boat was lost. I wondered if we and the other two tourists should have waved a handful of dollars in front of them.
The story has a certain "Jimmy James" feel to it. Artistic licence, isn't that what they call it?! :lol:

Of course, in terms of the billion buck "satellite" business, these fibs are by comparison just little porkies.

"SIR RICHARD BRANSON" - Space Swindler Extraordinaire!
Last edited by reichstag fireman on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

reichstag fireman wrote:The phony ferry trips from Dover to the continent, ostensibly to "sell" his imported records, so he could rob the VAT from the taxpayer. Hmm. "Branson" already had a chain of stores, so not exactly a barrow boy, yet he still did his own dirty (money) work?
Wouldn't the cost of the ferry eat up some large part of the savings, rendering the whole thing an unprofitable waste of time for a 'real' businessman and ensuring the episode is psyop?
reichstag fireman

fbenario wrote:an unprofitable waste of time for a 'real' businessman and ensuring the episode is psyop?
Who exactly is Branson, fbenario? There's the main PSYOP
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

reichstag fireman wrote:
Heiwa wrote:Sometimes I wonder if this Richard Branson is real flesh and blood promoting ‘space’ (LOL) travel since 2009 at US$ 200 000:- per person per trip, when the ‘space’ ship is ready, which it is not today, or if he is just a stunt?
Branson is certainly a fraudster. He was jailed for 12 months for masterminding a huge tax swindle.

Yet rehabilitated today by the Crown and portrayed as the saintly but very sexy "Sir" Richard, explorer, balloonist, cosmic adventurer, and, of course, the nation's favourite off-shore plunderer.

@Reichstag Fireman
Can you let me know the source of your claim to Branson's 12 month jail term?
reichstag fireman

pov603 wrote:
Reichstag Fireman wrote: Image
@Reichstag Fireman
Good question. Someone told me, iirc. Perhaps they were wrong? Perhaps they weren't .

But perhaps you and Utah will explain where you learned otherwise. Where did you learn of Branson's jailing to know it was for less than 12 months? Note, this is a repeat request for info here (see above).

All references to Branson's jail-time lead back to his own confessions in his autobiography. Though, frankly, it's a tome that gives Hans Christian Anderson a run for his money, when it comes to telling fairytales.*

You're consistently defensive of Branson, pov603. Will you help us to understand why, please? Branson wrote the parable of his jailing with an ulterior motive: to portray himself today as a redeemed, repentant and virtuous businessman. But is that a valid perception, pov206? (see above)

* A very basic understanding of English law tells us that Branson's account is not plausible. These days, you don't pay your way out of jail in Britain. Or, at least, if you do, you don't boast about it!
icarusinbound

Unread post by icarusinbound »

reichstag fireman wrote:
Who exactly is Branson, fbenario? There's the main PSYOP
What did the forum make of the jarring self-parody earlier in the year when Usain Bolt 'became' Richard Branson, in what eventually revealed into an abortive TV marketing campaign for Virgin's broadband service?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/us ... tes-172110
usain-bolt-in-fake-beard-as-he-impersonates-richard-branson wrote: Olympic champion Usain Bolt impersonates billionaire Sir Richard Branson for a hilarious new TV advert.

The 25-year-old sprint king, a three-time Olympic gold medallist and the world’s fastest man, dressed up as the 61-year-old tycoon for the Virgin Media ad, complete with goatee beard.

The company is boosting its top broadband speed to 120Mb and doubling the speeds of over four million of its broadband customers without charge.

The ad, which was filmed in Bolt’s hometown of Kingston in Jamaica, will be screened tomorrow night during hit ITV show Take Me Out.

A source said: “Usain was great fun to be around - he kept the whole crew laughing between takes by showing off his break-dancing and robot dance moves.

“He even took the whole crew to his own Tracks & Records restaurant one night and treated them all to dinner. Sir Richard and Usain really hit it off. There was a lot of mutual respect for what they have both achieved.”
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... paign.html

All this before the nominatively-determined Bolt inevitably 'medalled' so well at the Olympics for Jamaica.

Also: the truly-surreal West Coast Rail Line fiasco, when Branson and Virgin 'lost' the franchise just prior to the story losing all semblance of reality, surely that has to have been a multi-layer disinfo spin? This will possibly have been noticed more by us inmates of the spectred isle of Britain than by our colonial cousins or eurochums, parochial Brit-wit compared with the glittering entertainment provided by the Berlusconi floor-show, or the Barack'n'Romney rap'n'rule.
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

reichstag fireman wrote:
pov603 wrote:
Reichstag Fireman wrote: Image
@Reichstag Fireman
Good question. Someone told me, iirc. Perhaps they were wrong? Perhaps they weren't .

But perhaps you and Utah will explain where you learned otherwise. Where did you learn of Branson's jailing to know it was for less than 12 months? Note, this is a repeat request for info here (see above).

All references to Branson's jail-time lead back to his own confessions in his autobiography. Though, frankly, it's a tome that gives Hans Christian Anderson a run for his money, when it comes to telling fairytales.*

You're consistently defensive of Branson, pov603. Will you help us to understand why, please? Branson wrote the parable of his jailing with an ulterior motive: to portray himself today as a redeemed, repentant and virtuous businessman. But is that a valid perception, pov206? (see above)

* A very basic understanding of English law tells us that Branson's account is not plausible. These days, you don't pay your way out of jail in Britain. Or, at least, if you do, you don't boast about it!
You didn't answer the question reichstag.

A simple 'I don't know' would have sufficed, however, in the absence of a simple answer to a simple question you try and deflect the question and say I am '...consistently defensive of Branson...'. :huh:

Where and when exactly? Can you at least answer that? :blink:

I will have to keep coming back to that question I am afraid, unless of course you are wrong and can confirm by return...

You also say, seemingly to try and provide and answer to a very simple question 'Someone told me, iirc.'

Forgive my ignorance with internet slang, but 'iirc'?

Which one of the following do you mean?

Please enlighten me.

**** IIRC If I Read Correctly
*** IIRC If I Recall/Remember Correctly
*** IIRC If I Really Cared
*** IIRC If I Recollect Correctly
** IIRC If It Really Counts
** IIRC In Internet Relay Chat

You do not tolerate others making seemingly flippant or spurious remarks, so you of all people can understand the need to provide an answer to a simple question of a statement you've made.

In answer to one of your questions 'where did i learn of Branson's jailing?', it was you dear reichstag.

By the way, it's pov603 not pov206 and Hans Christian Andersen not Hans Christian Anderson, iirc.