Viking Lander picture

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
I@N

Viking Lander picture

Unread post by I@N »

We often discuss if it was possible to snap pictures on the Moon with the old technologies and films of the 60s, so I was wondering how they could take pictures of Mars with the Viking Landers in 1976.

I simply went on Nasa web site here:
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/photo_galler ... -mars.html and selected "Viking 2 panorama of the Martian surface."

This is the original picture from Nasa site:

source: http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/image/planet ... der2-2.jpg

and after a few seconds I could see the (un)usual shadows:

Do you finally think there's any original picture from the space before the digital era?
Anyone found other anomalies like this one?

I@N
nonhocapito

Re: Viking Lander picture

Unread post by nonhocapito »

I am pretty sure these pictures are fake like everything else; however, I am not sure if your arrows describe exactly the shadows that we see there. The direction of the shadows in fact can be due to the variations in the slope, that give more or less room to the shadow itself to extend in one direction or the other. Add to this the slight distortion of the wide angle.
Everything is possible but, by exercising Occam's razor, I imagine these simply as pictures of earth rocks scattered on earth sand in some studio in the U.S. of A. In which case, what would be the need to photoshop a single part of it?

(In any case: these early pictures of Mars are tinted black and white pictures. Already from this we can recognize the propagandist attitude of NASA, and its totally unscientific approach to communication; what is even more laughable, anyway, is that, now that, according to their lies, we have pictures of Mars with original colors, they still look exactly the same hue of red as these tinted pictures. How lucky is NASA, uh? :P )
I@N

Re: Viking Lander picture

Unread post by I@N »

Totally agree. Maybe they had something to hide right in the middle of the picture where they seemed to have added a small buster on the right (no sign of rolling) and the streak/track in the center. Moreover the background looks familiar and distinct from the foreground, like the Moon faked pictures.