The PR of Secret Societies

Historical insights & thoughts about the world we live in - and the social conditioning exerted upon us by past and current propaganda.

The PR of Secret Societies

Postby hoi.polloi on October 13th, 2017, 8:10 pm

One "Friday the 13th" is allegedly the anniversary of the Pope's church murdering "44" Templars.

JFK gave a speech on how "secret societies" are repugnant to any free and open society.

Many Presidents have been part of secret societies and yet, at the same time, the influence of these societies is considered both downplayed and simultaneously acknowledged. There is a strange Public Relations effort that both minimizes and draws attention to (or plays with the attention on) such societies, which adds to their intrigue. How much of this intrigue is PR? How much is damage control? If there isn't any power to them at all, and they are nothing but distraction, why is discussion of them still vilified, even in serious discussion about power?

I think we would be remiss as a forum on the power plays that unify people (or those in the "Nutwork" gang, if you will) if we were not to discuss those loyalties, influences and alleged benefits of being a part of those societies, nor the attempts at public documentation of said groups.

I have been reading a bit about "Skull and Bones" and the Templars and some other "Orders" and it seems a fitting day to bring them up.

In relation to media fakery, it is clear to me that the media has its assigned roles in the various networks of power and secret orders are no exception. Without being seduced by stories and dramas about secret societies, can we deduce from these "official" and "unofficial" stories about them a sort of "character" from them that will help us better understand their role(s) today?

I leave this topic up as a jotting place for all our notes on such "Secret" orders, and what exactly may constitute secret and non-secret information about them. I have more to write on this soon, based on a couple books. But for now, I just wanted to make mention that my attention has been drawn to them (without being absorbed by the "conspiracy theory" intrigues).
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Re: The PR of Secret Societies

Postby NotRappaport on October 15th, 2017, 9:32 pm

I believe the function of these "secret societies" as it relates to the true power controlling the world is analogous to the Screen Actors Guild as it relates to the power that controls what movies are produced. The actors - politicians, TV reporters, crisis actors, many CEO's - are who we see "doing things", but they have no real control over the script they're following.

hoi.polloi » October 13th, 2017, 12:10 pm wrote:There is a strange Public Relations effort that both minimizes and draws attention to (or plays with the attention on) such societies, which adds to their intrigue. How much of this intrigue is PR? How much is damage control? If there isn't any power to them at all, and they are nothing but distraction, why is discussion of them still vilified, even in serious discussion about power?

While their power is completely illusory, discussion of them is vilified because they are the all-important PR labor force (or puppets) of the... well, let's just call it the "N.W.O.". ;) They say what needs to be said and they build what needs to be built, according to their bosses' directives.

Just my opinion.
NotRappaport

Postby SacredCowSlayer on October 15th, 2017, 10:12 pm

NotRappaport » October 15th, 2017, 3:32 pm wrote:I believe the function of these "secret societies" as it relates to the true power controlling the world is analogous to the Screen Actors Guild as it relates to the power that controls what movies are produced. The actors - politicians, TV reporters, crisis actors, many CEO's - are who we see "doing things", but they have no real control over the script they're following.

hoi.polloi » October 13th, 2017, 12:10 pm wrote:There is a strange Public Relations effort that both minimizes and draws attention to (or plays with the attention on) such societies, which adds to their intrigue. How much of this intrigue is PR? How much is damage control? If there isn't any power to them at all, and they are nothing but distraction, why is discussion of them still vilified, even in serious discussion about power?

While their power is completely illusory, discussion of them is vilified because they are the all-important PR labor force (or puppets) of the... well, let's just call it the "N.W.O.". ;) They say what needs to be said and they build what needs to be built, according to their bosses' directives.

Just my opinion.

This is an interesting and important topic. I tend to exercise caution about this because it (“secret societies”) appears (to me at least) that the language used by the “media” and its faithful gatekeepers is designed to serve a number of purposes. Off the top of my head- in no particular order, they:

1. run cover for the people actually calling the shots, so as to obscure their identities;
2. get to keep a good read on just how curious people in general are, and therefore know what (if anything) needs to be adjusted to keep them in line (such as DBA campaigns, shaming techniques, etc.);
3. learn not just what kind of people may be a “problem”, but also who exactly may present a problem.
4. serve to identify (or draw out) family members and/or friends of present. . . umm. . . I’ll just call them oligarchs, that might “need” to be “handled” in some way.
5. pretend to be watching those in power, that way we don’t have to worry about it.

Interesting discussion. I’ll be back for more. :)
SacredCowSlayer

Postby ghostofpedro on October 19th, 2017, 4:55 pm

A reddit user claims to have found his grandpa's 32 degree masonic passport in a drawer. He uploaded scans of each page.

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/778czo/32_degree_masonic_passport_scottish_rite_i_found/

ghostofpedro

Postby hoi.polloi on October 19th, 2017, 5:14 pm

"Idleness is disgraceful" ? Gee, not much has changed since Puritan times, eh? The challenge to support the American military. Interesting stuff. Is Masonry little more than "feel good" fluff around a "license to kill" issued by the U.S. and/or U.K. military? I wonder what a U.K. 33rd degree mason believes. To me this is proof that the "degree system" is little more than a way to rebrand behaviorism as many ways as necessary to convince people they are "special" for being in the club again.

But is it proof this is an actual masonic document that masons use? And if so, which ones? 34 degree masons? :lol:

Is there a way you can make sure this text isn't lost and the images don't vanish on us?
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby ghostofpedro on October 19th, 2017, 5:27 pm

I have saved each image to my hard drive. I also screen captured the original Reddit post and the linked imgur post.
ghostofpedro

Postby kickstones on October 20th, 2017, 12:21 pm

hoi.polloi » October 13th, 2017, 8:10 pm wrote:
Many Presidents have been part of secret societies and yet, at the same time, the influence of these societies is considered both downplayed and simultaneously acknowledged. There is a strange Public Relations effort that both minimizes and draws attention to (or plays with the attention on) such societies, which adds to their intrigue. How much of this intrigue is PR? How much is damage control? If there isn't any power to them at all, and they are nothing but distraction, why is discussion of them still vilified, even in serious discussion about power?

If this article linked below, bearing in mind Skull and Bones is an undergraduate senior secret society at Yale University, is legit then I'd say in the case of Skull and Bones that discussion of them is limited because of damage control.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skull_and_Bones

Yale Daily News no. 96 February 29 1972

Yale Group Spurs Mao's Emergence

http://digital.library.yale.edu/cdm/com ... 148/rec/14

The link was taken from a source cited on Wikipage dedicated to the Yale-China Association.

The Yale-China Association (Chinese: 雅禮協會; pinyin: Yǎlǐ Xiéhuì), formerly Yale-in-China, is an independent, nonprofit organization which seeks to develop educational programs in and about China and further understanding between Chinese and American people. Founded in 1901 and originally a Protestant missionary society, Yale-China's work is characterized by long-term relationships to build Chinese institutional capacity.

Early years

Between 1919 and 1920, future Chairman Mao Zedong had several encounters with the school: he edited its student magazine, re-focusing it on "thought reorientation," and operated a bookshop out of its medical college.

I was drawn to the Wiki page as a result of searching for sources to confirm connections to Mao and Yale in the article linked below, while I not suggesting it's a legit site or the sources linked are sound, however that Yale's own newspaper confirms Mao having connections to Yale suggests there maybe are some elements of truth in the articles posted and as such warrants attention because it does give an indication as to a reality that is not portrayed in the MSM and the power and influence of Skull and Bones in our society.

Mao was a Yale Man - A Yali with Skull and Bones
http://www.mygen.com/users/ufo/Mao_was_a_Yale_Man.html

"Skull and Bones is a secret fraternity at Yale University which restricts their membership to only fifteen per year. . The society was formed in 1832 by General William Russell, whose shipping firm later dominated the U.S. side of the China opium trade. Yale University was founded by Eli Yale, who made his fortune working for the opium smuggling British East India Company."

"Skull and Bones became the recruiting grounds and preserve of the most important New England-centered families--families who also made their money in the opium trade. These families, whose sons regularly join Skull and Bones, include the little known, but powerful, Coffins, Sloanes, Tafts, Bundys, Paynes, Whitneys. They are a dominant element of the U.S. 'Eastern Establishment' to this day. The Bush family is one of a cluster of lower-level Establishment families controlled by these interests."

"George Bush, the first U.S. diplomatic representative to the People's Republic of China back in 1973, was a member of Skull and Bones. So was his father, brother, son, uncle, nephew, and several cousins. Winston Lord, the Reagan-Bush administration Ambassador to China was a member; so was his father and several other relatives. James Lilley, the current Ambassador to China, is a member of Skull and Bones, as was his brother. With the exception during the Carter administration, every U.S. Ambassador to Beijing, since Kissinger's deal with Mao Zedong, was a member of the Skulls and Bones."
kickstones

Return to General World Affairs