The Rise & fall of ISIS

Discussing the most relevant "sequels" or "reminders" of 9/11. The so-called "War On Terror" is a global scam finalized to manipulate this world's population with crass fear-mongering tactics designed to scare you shitless.
ElSushi

Re: The Rise & fall of ISIS

Unread post by ElSushi »

ISIS seems to have struck again...this time, with the kidnapping of two supposedly Japanese "journalists", Goto Jogo and Haruna Yukawa.

http://newclassic.jp/18895

It seems that the YouTube video has been blocked...hmm.

The " Islamic State group ..bla bla bla" is threatening to kill the two Japanese hostages unless it is paid a $200 million ransom in 72 hours.
:wacko:

http://www.news.com.au/world/middle-eas ... 7191137446
bostonterrierowner

Unread post by bostonterrierowner »

This article from zerohedge.com references to the alleged 2007 NY Times article stating that:

"....Abdullah Rashid al-Baghdadi, the titular head of the Islamic State, according to Brigadier General Kevin Bergner - the chief American military spokesman at the time - never existed (and was actually a fictional character whose audio-taped declarations were provided by an elderly actor named Abu Adullah al-Naima)...."

It's a classic limited hangout and damage control MSM operation. They admit that actors are employed, threats and names are fabricated but "terrorism" is real.

Fable continues:

"...The ruse, Bergner said, was devised by Abu Ayub al-Masri, the Egyptian-born leader of Al Qaeda in Mesopotamia, who was trying to mask the dominant role that foreigners play in that insurgent organization.

The ploy was to invent Baghdadi, a figure whose very name establishes his Iraqi pedigree, install him as the head of a front organization called the Islamic State of Iraq and then arrange for Masri to swear allegiance to him. Ayman al-Zawahiri, Osama bin Laden's deputy, sought to reinforce the deception by referring to Baghdadi in his video and Internet statements.

The evidence for the American assertions, Bergner announced at a news briefing, was provided by an Iraqi insurgent: Khalid Abdul Fatah Daud Mahmud al-Mashadani, who was said to have been captured by American forces in Mosul on July 4..."

Looks like bullshit in the press and on TV screens comes from the "terrorists" themselves :)

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-2 ... -not-exist
Makkonen

Unread post by Makkonen »

Goto Jogo? Image
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

The names do sound/seem dodgy.
Haruna Yukawa struck me as: 'Ha! Run away UK, aiwa' [as in the Arabic for affirmative/ok].
Tenuous I know,but seeing how the mind works and seeing how the perps also know that and use it constantly...plus they probably get bored, poor (ar)soles...
ElSushi

Unread post by ElSushi »

Yes ! GOTO GOJO...that's not what I can call a typical Japanese name, to say the least.

Reminds me a bit of the last boss character in MK1, the infamous "GORO" , lol

Here's a readjusted and corrected version of the infamous ISIS targeting some personnel of Sushi Land. :lol:

MrSinclair

Unread post by MrSinclair »

What is happening when even a garbage rag like the NY Post is talking about media fakery?

"Was the new ISIS hostage video shot indoors?"

http://nypost.com/2015/01/23/was-the-ne ... t-indoors/
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

MrSinclair wrote:What is happening when even a garbage rag like the NY Post is talking about media fakery?
Dear MrSinclair,

That NY Post article isn't actually talking about media fakery, is it? Read this part again :
"If it was actually done inside, it could indicate the hostage-holders are less free to move about than the Islamic state group would have its enemies believe. It could also be a way for the hostage-takers to further cover their tracks and not give experts any reliable signals to indicate where they are. "
As you see, the gist of that mainstream article is certainly not to expose media fakery to the masses - on the contrary, in fact: it is specifically designed to gatekeep for and misdirect from (Western) media fakery. What the average Joe Public will get out of that NY Post piece is that :

-"These ever-smarter / increasingly sophisticated jihadists are filming their stuff indoors - so as not to reveal their location."
-"These highly-financed jihadists are now equipped with modern video technology - thus explaining those weird clips that they keep releasing".
ElSushi

Unread post by ElSushi »

-"These ever-smarter / increasingly sophisticated jihadists are filming their stuff indoors - so as not to reveal their location."
-"These highly-financed jihadists are now equipped with modern video technology - thus explaining those weird clips that they keep releasing".
Very well spotted Simon.
The "highly-financed jihadists" leitmotiv is what I keep hearing most of the time around me. And that's quite irritating, to say the least. :puke:
ElSushi

Unread post by ElSushi »

And following that infamous "Je Suis Charlie" massive brain washing campaign fully embraced by the mass, here's now the " I AM KENJI " in regards to the last fallacious ISIS fable...

http://www.japantoday.com/category/nati ... 5-01-28_PM
TOKYO —

The plight of freelance journalist Kenji Goto, taken captive by Islamic State group militants, has gripped Japan, and the people’s hopes for his safety are now on Facebook with a simple, unifying plea: “I am Kenji.”

The video, posted online last week, showing Goto and another Japanese hostage, has dominated mainstream media here, a peaceful and relatively crime-free nation unaccustomed to such violence.
"Unaccustomed to such violence". Here, in sushi land, this mind pattern is quite common. The nutworks constantly push that idea very far, up to the point where Japanese people even hate to use the word "violence" which is very often used in its English connotation "ビュランス ".
It’s a reference to the “Je Suis Charlie,” or “I Am Charlie,” worldwide slogan showing solidarity with Charlie Hebdo, the Paris weekly newspaper where 12 people were killed in a terrorist attack earlier this month.
“I am Kenji” Facebook page: http://on.fb.me/1znvAfy
ElSushi

Unread post by ElSushi »

Oops, I forgot to point that other interesting quote coming from the same article...
Another video over the weekend, whose authenticity could not be confirmed, appeared to show Goto holding a photo of the body of Haruna Yukawa, the other hostage, with the demand changing to a prisoner exchange. Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has said that video is likely credible.
http://www.japantoday.com/category/nati ... 5-01-28_PM

:wacko:
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

ElSushi wrote:Here, in sushi land, this mind pattern is quite common. The nutworks constantly push that idea very far, up to the point where Japanese people even hate to use the word "violence" which is very often used in its English connotation "ビュランス ".
This may seem off topic, but it's odd how they can get some pronunciation right, like ポ and カ — the syllables from "police car", while "violence" they interpret from the spelling as BYU-Ran-Su rather than BA-E- or BA-YO- or another way an English speaker would say it. I guess they default to assuming English alliteration of Japanese with some cases, but that still makes me wonder why they wouldn't say "Yo" rather than "Yu".

Anyway, thanks for digging into this ElSushi. I would be surprised if the average Japanese person couldn't recognize this as blatant pandering to "the West" as they have come to get used to it, but the Japanese intellectual weakness occasionally feels as if it manifests as anything masquerading as a conservative and patriotic pro-Japanese stance. Do you think the media "hit the right note" with the people this time, or will they be able to let it bounce off them as they do so much of their media? (Not as if many can actually talk about these things in Japan without getting a blank or divergent expression thrown at them. That is, until you go drinking.)
sharing

Unread post by sharing »

by hoi.polloi on January 28th, 2015, 11:56 pm

ElSushi wrote:
Here, in sushi land, this mind pattern is quite common. The nutworks constantly push that idea very far, up to the point where Japanese people even hate to use the word "violence" which is very often used in its English connotation "ビュランス ".

This may seem off topic, but it's odd how they can get some pronunciation right, like ポ and カ — the syllables from "police car", while "violence" they interpret from the spelling as BYU-Ran-Su rather than BA-E- or BA-YO- or another way an English speaker would say it. I guess they default to assuming English alliteration of Japanese with some cases, but that still makes me wonder why they wouldn't say "Yo" rather than "Yu".

Anyway, thanks for digging into this ElSushi. I would be surprised if the average Japanese person couldn't recognize this as blatant pandering to "the West" as they have come to get used to it, but the Japanese intellectual weakness occasionally feels as if it manifests as anything masquerading as a conservative and patriotic pro-Japanese stance. Do you think the media "hit the right note" with the people this time, or will they be able to let it bounce off them as they do so much of their media? (Not as if many can actually talk about these things in Japan without getting a blank or divergent expression thrown at them. That is, until you go drinking.)
Hopefully people in Japan will "connect the dots" between this tall tale and the recent visit of Prime Minister Abe to Israel to enhance "anti-terrorism cooperation" between Japan and Israel as well as, bien sur, juicy deals:
Abe and Netanyahu meanwhile agreed to expedite launching preparatory talks for an investment treaty to promote bilateral economic exchanges.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2015/0 ... MkapGiUeSo :ph34r:
ElSushi

Unread post by ElSushi »

Hoi, my bad, I didn't spell the Katakana-cized version of the English word right. I guess that should be more " バヨランス " , read " ba-yo-ran-su " in its romanji reading form. That being said, that "word" is largely used orally and tends to have a stronger connotation when used during a conversation.
Naturally, you will find several Japanese equivalent words / compounds such as 暴力, 暴挙, 劇烈, 熾烈, すさまじさ and so on.

But it's just that whenever Japanese people end up discussing about "things that bring uneasiness" in a public conversation, one very often prefers to use a "katakana-cized" version of an equivalent foreign word.
ElSushi

Unread post by ElSushi »

And so here is that "Kenji Goto" 's supposedly mother, Ishido Junko.
Now, I'm going to be a little harsh here but I have never considered most Japanese people to be good actors. This Junko Ishido or whoever she claims to be reads her script the best she probably can and that's not really what I could call a good performance.
At 00:28, she is asked something by someone on stage (the place where this has been recorded is no other than the The Foreign Correspondents' Club of Japan , which was started in 1945 to provide infrastructure for foreign journalists working in Post-World War II Japan as (funny enough to be mentioned) the guest membership is free for the first 29 days http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_Co ... b_of_Japan), she sits, switches into a "non acting" mode and then comes back to her role playing. :huh:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL7PfSvQexA
warriorhun

Unread post by warriorhun »

bostonterrierowner wrote:This article from zerohedge.com references to the alleged 2007 NY Times article stating that:

"....Abdullah Rashid al-Baghdadi, the titular head of the Islamic State, according to Brigadier General Kevin Bergner - the chief American military spokesman at the time - never existed (and was actually a fictional character whose audio-taped declarations were provided by an elderly actor named Abu Adullah al-Naima)...."

It's a classic limited hangout and damage control MSM operation. They admit that actors are employed, threats and names are fabricated but "terrorism" is real.

Fable continues:

"...The ruse, Bergner said, was devised by Abu Ayub al-Masri, the Egyptian-born leader of Al Qaeda in Mesopotamia, who was trying to mask the dominant role that foreigners play in that insurgent organization.

The ploy was to invent Baghdadi, a figure whose very name establishes his Iraqi pedigree, install him as the head of a front organization called the Islamic State of Iraq and then arrange for Masri to swear allegiance to him. Ayman al-Zawahiri, Osama bin Laden's deputy, sought to reinforce the deception by referring to Baghdadi in his video and Internet statements.

The evidence for the American assertions, Bergner announced at a news briefing, was provided by an Iraqi insurgent: Khalid Abdul Fatah Daud Mahmud al-Mashadani, who was said to have been captured by American forces in Mosul on July 4..."

Looks like bullshit in the press and on TV screens comes from the "terrorists" themselves :)

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-2 ... -not-exist
Dear bostonterrierowner,

The most convincing thing that I have ever read on "al Baghdadi" is that he is indeed an actor, a Mossad agent named Elliot Shimon.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2014/08/04 ... er-mossad/

IMO ISIS is made up like this: Mossad leaders, young Muslim bucks from over the world as foot-soldiers. Makes sense to me...

What opened my eyes first was ISIS wowing to destroy the Ka'aba in Mecca! WTF??? Even I am more of a Muslim than this then, LOL (and, of course I am not...)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/0 ... 47635.html