THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
lux

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by lux »

Critical Mass wrote: I apparently missed the "private conversation between Brianv & T21 tag" whilst noticing the questioned post had been added to the derailment thread.

Now that I know it's a 'discussion' I will no longer 'interfere' by giving an opinion in the chatbox.
:lol:
lux

Unread post by lux »

The above post was removed by brianv. It consists of a quote of CM's post and a smiley posted by me with no other comment and nothing whatever written by me about brianv or anyone else. I posted it again and that one was also removed. I posted several more posts explaining what had happened and those were removed as well. Brianv also added several posts with comments stating that I was "stirring shit" and he called me a "tosser" and said I was going to be "dismissed" from the forum. Those posts by brianv were also removed by him shortly after he posted them.

I also sent two email messages to hoi stating what occurred but evidently hoi's email doesn't work as he says he didn't get them.

That is the extent of my "sniping" of brianv. I posted a frigging smiley and brianv went nuts. He then removed all the evidence of what transpired. If brianv was acting in good faith why did he remove the evidence of his and my actions?

My original smiley post was not intended to be a snipe but rather to simply indicate amusement at CM's post. CM's post wasn't removed by brianv so why did he remove mine? Who is sniping who?

As for Maat, please provide a link to what is being referred to as my "sniping" of her. I don't recall any communication whatever with Maat since well before she left long ago (years?). I don't recall having had any communication or interaction with her whatever since her recent return. Is she talking about something that happened long ago?

@ Hoi
As the admin you might want to think about making it possible for member's to communicate with you. Just a suggestion.

PS - I took a screen shot of my 3 posts above in case someone decides to remove them. :P
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

lux, try using PM as well next time. That seemed to work fine for me during this debacle. Though to be fair, mail.com is a sketchy server. Many of Simon's e-mails also don't reach me. Maybe it fell through the cracks. Maybe it was pushed. Please try to understand from brianv's perspective CM was being sore about brianv's trying to moderate a thread and keep it on track. Your smiley reiterated a sarcastic "snipe" as brianv calls it against the moderation. This is what would normally just be tucked in the derailing room. If brianv doesn't have the patience to moderate, at least he had good ideas.

Slightly unrelated, but since we are trying to make things more peaceful and prevent clashes with admins, something came up during our moderator discussions about this matter.

I am not trying to "stir the shite" myself but I would ask that Critical Mass also try to please refrain from posting nothing but strings of mainstream news articles. I know that there is a reason to do this, and it may be to follow the story developing carefully over time, but it sometimes comes across as little more than an endorsement of the fake media and or praising its absurdity rather than pointing out its contradictions and flaws. I am sorry my only thoughts on this right now besides mourning are on this slightly unrelated topic. I am just worried about future conflicts and want to state this now instead of letting something unnecessarily boil up. I hope everyone understands this.

I noticed lux doing no such thing and I noticed not much conflict between Maat and lux. I am more than fine with lux being around, and I like his posts. I also think he should try just a little more not to encourage these things when they happen. If possible. Thanks.

Who knows, though? This seems like some sort of uncontrollable butting of heads.
bostonterrierowner

Unread post by bostonterrierowner »

Brian's emotional and incomprehensible reaction got me baffled and concerned. Since Lux joined CF I have never had a slightest doubt about his legitimacy as a researcher , free thinker etc. I have to add that Lux's manners, intelligence and critical insight only enriched us here on CluesForum.

I have no intetnion of flattering anyone and all I wrote above points to my conviction that the root cause of Brian's self removal from the forum lays elsewhere and his feud with Lux was just an excuse .

What the fuck Brian ?!

Your exit is a BIGGIE , produce at least a resemblance of an explanation out of respect for the cause, our work here and whatever made you contribute to this forum on a daily basis throughout all these years.

Has your recent , IRA related comment something to do with this?
lux

Unread post by lux »

Thank you, BTO, very much appreciated! :)

Hoi, too. Thank you for your support and I will try to do as you ask. :)

And, Hoi, I would have wanted to send you a PM but the only option I could see was the email link so I used that.

By the way, I never wanted or intended brianv to leave the forum. It's true that I didn't appreciate his removing my posts or the name calling, etc and I think he has abused his mod privileges at times but, as a member, I considered him to be a contributor and I enjoyed many of his posts.

So, brianv, I sincerely wish there to be no bad blood and if you return to CF I will try to control my wiseguy tendencies if you promise to try to control your temper (with me, at least). Yes, I know I am a wiseguy and I know it sometimes miffs others. What can I say? I come from a Sicilian family, capisce? :)
Critical Mass

Unread post by Critical Mass »

Well I'm a bit surprised how I've been dragged into this ... I and Brianv had a (very) minor disagreement over one of the new users T21 posts.

Hoi I don't think Brianv had any issues with anything I posted?

If you want me to limit the number of palpably insane articles the MSM are creating with this ISIS business then I will of course.

However I will point out that, for me, the shear quantity of the absurdity is itself quite revealing... we're not dealing with the MSM making a 'few errors' here & there... but consistently creating ridiculous stories that we all know are never going to be chased up or followed through.

In five years time most of the stuff on Scorpion bombs, Fat German Jihadi's, Former Journalists pushing twitter account 'research' & articles on ISIS torturing cats will end up 'down the memory hole'. I'm hoping to preserve all this nonsense for future 'neutral readers'... as a live case study into war propaganda if you will.

However there's nothing to prevent me from completing that project on my own & leave Cluesforum out of it if you all think that would be best.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Dear CM,

I understand what Hoi is saying as to your prolific posting (such as on the ISIS thread) which - to be quite honest - I also find hard to even keep up with, almost losing my head in the process ! :P

But then I sit back and tell myself:

Heck, no! We should ideally document and archive ALL the incredible silliness of this current world. Who else on this entire planet - but Cluesforum - is endeavoring to store for the 'history books' this particularly stoopid, media-faked epoch of ours ?

So, in my view, you're doing well, CM... Keep at it !

I don't think we can ever provide "too much" material for our readership to follow. Just switch off your TV / bin your newspapers - and you'll find yourself with plenty of time to spare for Cluesforum. (gosh, I'm sounding like a commercial!) :lol:
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Okay, it seems peace is somewhat restored and the dust is settling on the brianv thing. Thank goodness. Still, too bad.

About "dragging" you into this, CM, apologies. I know this is a bit off topic, but now I am just trying to address worries about maintaining the forum for new readers. The point of our site is to be a platform for cohesive views on the fakery technology.

So this is why I still think CM could make an effort to post more personal insight about the articles. Just collecting them isn't enough. We want and crave the commentary. So it's not asking Critical Mass for less information but just a little more. And specifically what exactly makes the relevant information absurd. This is a pretty humble need that I would assume most people would be happy to provide. Critical Mass, please simply add a sentence or note or whatever you want for each "bundle" that helps explain to a "new" reader what it is that makes the stories absurd. If you can't find words for it, all you're doing is collecting mainstream stories that brainwashed people will simply absorb. I hope you see my point that it kind of makes us look ineffective and shrill about nothing, unless you can at least explain a little about the absurdity.

I mean, in the past, this usually just means someone saying "Really?" or "Can you believe this?" but with your eloquence I think you are capable of even better and more stinging indictments of the media, even if it takes you an extra minute or two on your posts.

Simon: briefly, I feel he is doing well from our narrow perspective with "CluesForum goggles" on. But new readers introducing themselves to media fakery should get some explanation about why these articles are absurd. We already know. But new users may not. I hope that makes sense. I just want the forum the most readable to everyone and not get too insular and self-referential.

Yes, there is nothing stopping CM from making a very useful and hilarious collection of mainstream articles on another web site, but here it should be explained to all readers in child-like terms. Why? Because many people are very new to the concept of media fakery.
simonshack
Administrator

hoi.polloi wrote:
Simon: briefly, I feel he is doing well from our narrow perspective with "CluesForum goggles" on. But new readers introducing themselves to media fakery should get some explanation about why these articles are absurd. We already know. But new users may not. I hope that makes sense. I just want the forum the most readable to everyone and not get too insular and self-referential.
Yes, bro - that makes perfect sense to me. :)
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

bostonterrierowner wrote:Since Lux joined CF I have never had a slightest doubt about his legitimacy as a researcher , free thinker etc.
Lux, I agree with BTO's comment. I highly value your presence and contributions.

Hoi, I also have sent you a number of emails intermittently over the years to your mail.com address, and never got responses from you. I figured you either didn't have the time to respond, or any interest in what I wrote you, now I'm thinking you probably never got the emails. No worries.

Brianv, I am very, very sad that you have abandoned the forum. While there were a number of occasions you attacked/degraded what I wrote, I never reacted because I saw from the beginning how important you were to the forum's continued integrity, energy, and clarity of thought. Please consider rejoining us.

Brian's abdication leaves just Simon, Hoi, and me from the forum's very beginning. I will never leave; I trust Simon and Hoi share my commitment and will stick it out no matter what comes our way.
lux

Unread post by lux »

Thanks very much, fbenario. It means a lot. :)
Cobra Commander

Unread post by Cobra Commander »

simonshack wrote:
hoi.polloi wrote:
Yes, bro - that makes perfect sense to me. :)
I think maybe a merging of the original beheadings thread with CM's thread would make the whole ISIS absurdity and Critical Mass's posts more understandable to newer readers. I believe if they follow the thread from the start to where we are now, they'll understand how silly how all this ISIS BS is. (Haha ISIS BSIS) it would also make it easier for us to archive, cause we are going to be posting about this fakery subject for years to come.
Critical Mass

hoi.polloi wrote:Why? Because many people are very new to the concept of media fakery
Yes Hoi I understand (& agree) with you completely... perhaps I was a little taken aback by the timing. Your constructive criticism has been heeded.

To be honest what you're asking for would probably have happened naturally anyhow for a number of reasons...

(I) My suspicion is the heaviest propaganda will occur during the beginning & ending phases of 'the war'.

(ii) ISIS have already been accused of virtually every crime imaginable by now... I think I'm only really waiting for Necrophilia.

(iii) Your recent podcast on Fakeologist has got me thinking about strategies. When I'm next off shift I'll dwell on your podcast & get my thoughts & a post together.

My original stance was that this ISIS angle will last a year or two... hence the title of the thread (Rise & Fall).

I'm less certain of that now but even so this 'ISIS war' is perhaps the first 'big war' that Cluesforum & media skeptics will actually observe 'live'. This is not a couple of weeks in Gaza... it is, & will be, an absolutely massive topic far beyond the scope of any one man, team of men or perhaps even an entire forum. I've been trying to give an overview of the narrative & observe the general themes & reoccurring characters that arise but even so I will certainly add some more commentary (rather than just the one liner intro's to each 'package').

The thread is (& perhaps always will be) a 'Work in Progress'. Perhaps one day there will be need for a second thread of 'Undebunkable' ISIS-BS'?

I will also say that anybody can pop into that thread, pick a crazy story & dig a little deeper into it (ISIS torturing breastfeeding mothers for a random example).... the sources, the Journalist, the imagery etc. I'm sure there are golden nuggets awaiting discovery.
Critical Mass

On another note.

I always do a regular search to see what kind of comments Cluesforum has recently been getting 'on the net'.

So today I noticed (in addition to Evil 'I saw the ISS twice in less than an hour' Edna declaring the majority of the research on Cluesforum as 'shallow'!*) that Cluesforum is apparently worth...

$ 2,919 USD

... or 6c per post.

I disagree of course...Cluesforum is priceless.

* He said this whilst posting on a forum who's most recent contributions to Nuke research are... "they're real coz Stanford teaches Nuclear Energy courses"!
simonshack
Administrator

Critical Mass wrote: I disagree of course...Cluesforum is priceless.
Those bizarre "traffic-stat-machines" can't seem to agree much with each other, CM ...

Here's one :
http://cluesforum.info.cutestat.com/

Here's another one:
http://urlm.co.uk/www.cluesforum.info#web

And here's another one:
http://cluesforum.info.globalseo.info/

I must say I kinda like that last one (GlobalSEO). They say we are worth $11.340 more than the Let's Troll Forums! :P And they've been around for almost twice the time that Cluesforum has existed... (8years and 4months versus 4years and 3months).