Satellites : general discussion and musings

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
AirplaneJoe
Banned

Re: Satellites : general discussion and musings

Unread post by AirplaneJoe »

I don't work for NASA. And still I don't see any reason to waste important energy on a satellite for a wasteful useless light. It is better to use this energy for more important task I would think.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

AirplaneJoe wrote:I don't work for NASA. And still I don't see any reason to waste important energy on a satellite for a wasteful useless light. It is better to use this energy for more important task I would think.
Waste important energy? Joe you are a fucking clown!

You are suggesting that Satellites run on Batteries? All the world's communications is at the mercy of a few Duracells? :lol:

A one inch solar panel would power an LED for ever - especially in orbit!

It may not be the case in backward countries like the USA but we have traffic lights running on 12"x12" Solar Panels.

Panel weight with IDC cable and power cable: 170 g
5V regulated power input, 2.5A max (all LEDs on)

Solar-Powered LED Matrix Light $44 http://www.menards.com/main/outdoor-lig ... 784647.htm
AirplaneJoe
Banned

What are you smoking mate? And you really believe we would see that tiny LED light 200 miles away? Get a life.

Again, if I would design a satellite a useless beacon would be the last thing. Every gram counts when you send a satellite into space. Every photocell has a function and I am sure there are plenty of them for backup.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

AirplaneJoe wrote:What are you smoking mate? And you really believe we would see that tiny LED light 200 miles away? Get a life.

Again, if I would design a satellite a useless beacon would be the last thing. Every gram counts when you send a satellite into space. Every photocell has a function and I am sure there are plenty of them for backup.
I'm smoking nothing! You should lay off the coke!

If I was a designer I would NOT send an object into orbit WITHOUT an ID light. What would happen if there was a power failure? Or a communications failure? Has it crashed? Has it broken out of orbit and flown off into space? Nope there's it's ID light on a separate circuit still flashing! So you send up a repair team! IF...and only if!!!

How big is an airplane's beacons lights - 40 square feet? We're talking NASA here aren't we you clown? It should be a piece of cake to make a simple solar power LARGE LED visible from the ground. What would happen if your satellite picked up a few grams of dust in orbit would it crash to earth?
Critical Mass

Unread post by Critical Mass »

brianv wrote:Is that the best answer your NAuSeA clowns could come up with?

Why should there be lights on Satellites? For IDENTIFICATION PURPOSES and to make it VISIBLE!

dot dash dash dot - Oh look there's Satellite "xyz". Why the fuck not?
I suspect that what Joe requires is a specific & undebunkable example of deception... I doubt the lack of powerful beam-light's that aren't even officially required, present or particularly useful would be sufficient to sway.

Joe why don't you read the entire thread to see if there's anything within that catches your eye (again it's a 'general musings & discussion' thread)... you can then ask more useful questions (or provide counter evidence) later on when you understand why some question the official story* on this topic.

This topic is unfortunately bound to be rather speculative without concrete evidence of deception & a lack of verifiable data**.

* Surely you understand that since this forum has uncovered so much deception we need to reevaluate pretty much everything ... in a healthy & productive manner.

** Something Simon has been attempting to rectify for some time now... read about his ISS observations for example.
Last edited by Critical Mass on Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
AirplaneJoe
Banned

To Critical Mass: I just read about all of this thread and most others regarding the ISS, shuttle and moon hoax. And I am very interested to learn more and I am shocked of the amount of deception from NASA and other so called "space agencies".
I am on the other not interested in wasting time with ignorant trolls who have no concept of understanding even the slightest knowledge physics, electronics or aerodynamics and just trolling around and do name-calling.

Regarding satellites, I am convinced they exist, if someone really has profound facts to prove otherwise I would be interested to know.

It is shocking enough to find out that NASA not only faked the moon landings but a lot more. The first spaceflights of Shepard were probably fake, the first EVA of Collins a complete hoax (note the Commander of that hoax capsule was again asstronot and Shuttle pilot Young!). It is most probable that the shuttle was a hoax, then of course the hubble is a hoax and so is the ISS. It really is not easy to comprehend all this.

On the other hand I still believe that NASA is very diverse organisation and I think there different sections:

1) The manned space HOAX section and actors and perps, including Mars hoax spacecraft etc.
2) A military section with real science and military goals of satellites, spacecraft etc
3) A real sciences section of launching satellites for civilian use

They send hundreds of rockets in the air, some of them must have some scientific or military purpose.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Joe. This "ignorant troll" initiated the Forum you are now posting on.

"Regarding satellites, I am convinced they exist,"

Ok, let's straighten this out. I have never seen one. Have you? You're a damn pilot! :o

Contrary to my own observations, and my recent post.
so hobbyists will meet with better success further away from light-polluted urban areas
Given the number of satellites now in orbit, a fifteen minute session of sky watching will generally yield at least one satellite passing overhead.
Although low Earth orbit satellites move at about the same speed as aircraft,
?
They are lit solely by the reflection of sunlight from solar panels or other surfaces.
They have Solar Panels so what's the biggie about sticking a bloody ID light on them - especially...
geosynchronous satellites do not move relative to the viewer [8] they can be difficult to find and are not typically sought when satellite watching
Perfect candidates for what I'm suggesting. And why don't these "geosynchronous satellites" reflect light from their solar panels or their surfaces?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_watching
AirplaneJoe
Banned

I did not name you as "the troll", sorry if you feel offended. However there are too many guys here that just post stuff that after just a little bit of reflection defies logic and commonsense. As I mentioned earlier, if this forum expects to be respected it needs not to drift into weird conspiracies.
Thanks to this forum I learned a lot about 911 and it really makes a lot more sense to me what really happened. I wish the forum would push more in this direction of truth-finding, that would be of great benefit.
And I am sorry to see long threads like this one on satellites, yes it interesting to learn more about them. And yes there is not too much info about it. But I like to remind you that GPS was originally a secret military project and just in the last few years became available for the benefit of all of us.
Discussion yes, but also accept the views of people that are not viewing everything as a hoax. It is sometimes difficult to differentiate but it is important to keep an open mind and not to be clouded by perception.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

AirplaneJoe wrote:It is sometimes difficult to differentiate but it is important to keep an open mind and not to be clouded by perception.
You're saying that to us?

My goodness you have a big ego.
AirplaneJoe
Banned

No, just trying to find my way through the lies. Gerorge Orwell wrote: Who controls the past controls the future. And he was right. he lies of NASA from the past are the truth today. None of this crap they claimed can be proved today. Gemini, Mercury, Apollo programs, what about the Shuttle and the Mars programs. It's like a hamster wheel, everyone pretends it is true and runs. The majority of the population has no clue anyway what does programs were. I mean just Apollo 8 Dec 29, 1968 should have been a WORLD senstation. 3 guys fly to the moon, fly 10 times around it and come back. WTF? Not an article of this sensation. That alone is a prove of a hoax.

Apollo 7 Oct. 11–22, 1968 Wally Schirra
Walt Cunningham
Donn Eisele First manned Earth orbital demonstration of Block II CSM, launched on Saturn IB. First live television publicly broadcast from a manned mission
Apollo 8 Dec. 21–27, 1968 Frank Borman
James Lovell
William Anders First manned flight to Moon; CSM made 10 lunar orbits in 20 hours.
Apollo 9 Mar. 3–13, 1969 James McDivitt
David Scott
Russell Schweickart First manned flight of CSM and LM in Earth orbit; demonstrated Portable Life Support System to be used on the lunar surface
Apollo 10 May 18–26, 1969 Thomas Stafford
John Young
Eugene Cernan Dress rehearsal for first lunar landing; flew LM down to 50,000 feet (15 km) from lunar surface
Apollo 11 July 16–24, 1969 Neil Armstrong
Michael Collins
Buzz Aldrin First manned landing, in Sea of Tranquility. Surface EVA time: 2:31 hr. Samples returned: 47.7 pounds (21.6 kg)[67]
Critical Mass

Unread post by Critical Mass »

AirplaneJoe wrote:Regarding satellites, I am convinced they exist, if someone really has profound facts to prove otherwise I would be interested to know.
As would I... however you must admit that your own 'three part NASA' theory is also quite speculative.

In addition I would suggest to you that your own convictions hardly constitute undebunkable evidence.
AirplaneJoe
Banned

Again, I am just trying to understand this NASA circus. If someone somewhere has some credible information, he should come forward. I think NASA and all the other space agencies lied in many aspects. However there has to be some other real science in this large industry. The clowns in Hollywood and Walt Disney are sure only bullshit artists to cover for the funding of the whole operation.
Why they do it? I don't know. Debunk my theory, fine, it is just a guess. Pretending that satellites do not exist however makes no sense and does not help to cover up the BS at NASA.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_sign

Why don't satellites have or broadcast a call sign Joe? Let me guess - it would be a waste of power?

If I were a designer I would make sure that the satellite had no means of visual or radio identification!
The call sign of the International Space Station was Alpha, now Station.[citation needed]
:blink:
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

AirplaneJoe wrote:Pretending that satellites do not exist however makes no sense and does not help to cover up the BS at NASA.
Airplane Joe,

I'm sure you actually meant to write "...does not help to uncover the BS at NASA." So basically, what you wrote was the exact opposite of what you meant to say. I sincerely hope this doesn't happen too often when you are at the controls of your airplane(s).

I wish you could stop complaining that 'it makes no sense' to question the existence of satellites. This thread is by no means 'senseless' - even if it may be the only forum thread on the entire worldwide web that raises the issue. Moreover, your use of the word 'pretending' is unwarranted and misleading. No one is pretending here: given the abysmal record of NASA's (and the entire space industry's) credibility, all we do here is asking legitimate and reasonable questions.
AirplaneJoe
Banned

Fair enough, I agree it would be interesting to know more. For example someone mentioned, how does the satellite come out of the rocket and intalls its solar panels etc. All interesting stuff, maybe we have once a satellite engineer or rocket scientist explaining this.
I still think a lot of it secret because it is also for military use.

Everyone can ask a question and I am sure there is an answer for it. I am no rocket engineer and I cannot answer brianav's question regarding the call signs of the satellite.

The communication satellites have however names:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... ite_firsts

The ISS is not a satellite, and again I am not sure this thing exists. Interesting subject.

Have I seen satellites. I think I did, by that I mean I saw fast moving objects in the sky, I don't think it was a UFO.
And again, just do the test with your iphone. Turn the map on. Inside the house it will not work, outside with line of sight you will have a direct link to the satellite, therefore you will get the position.