THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
Seneca

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by Seneca »

arc300 wrote:Hi all,
I've only just seen this 'news' and am at work, so I don't know much, but I did notice this:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED1iiSTm0DM

At about 00.15 sec into the video, we see what looks like a drunken backdrop/ dancing Verazzano (spelling?) Bridge effect with the smoke plume. The same thing happens near the end of the video. Also a flying bug at about 21 secs.
I know this type of effect has been discussed, but I've been away from the site for a while so I don't know how that panned out. Feel free to put me right.

Edited for clarity
You're right, the bug is in front of the tree and then disappears. Here is the same video but it starts earlier, before the smoke is visible. Makes me wonder how they know the exact location where the smoke is going to come?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fZqSneUvRY#t=0
Frost

Unread post by Frost »

This photo is obviously faked. I've only increased the backlight.

brianv

Re: OSLO and UTØYA, 7/22 2011

Unread post by brianv »

Seneca wrote:^_^
simonshack wrote:
Seneca wrote: "I call them f..... I mean I have somebody on the - on a forum- I think ... Lux call them fingerprints and I think that's a good word for it."
Then you were silent for a few seconds. What were you thinking then? "Oh great, now more people are going to say me and Lux are the same person"? :)
Don't know of anyone having said that Lux and I are the same person - therefore I could not have been thinking what you suggest.

You're a conspiracy theorist, eh? :P

Thanks for the compliment Simon :)
I presumed you were aware of Kentrailers theory:
"I'm 99.9% sure most of the many "people" commenting on cluesforum are in fact "simonshack"" and that he often mentions Lux ( http://letsrollforums.com/showpost.php? ... stcount=46 )

Well, according to new age philosophy "we are ALL ONE": https://www.google.be/search?q=%22we+ar ... l:official ^_^
Lets Troll all of a sudden, it's that where you came from?

Anyway someone with more powers might move this derailment to the sidings.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Seneca wrote: I presumed you were aware of Kentrailers theory:
"I'm 99.9% sure most of the many "people" commenting on cluesforum are in fact "simonshack"" and that he often mentions Lux
Oh, right - I'd forgotten that - uh - all this forum's admins, mods and longtime members are one and the same person... :lol:

Well, at least according to former Cluesforum troll “Kentrailer”(aka “Paulstalservice”-aka “SanLuisSkywatch”- aka “NorwayResearch”- etc, etc), the multiple-aliases-entity. How ironic that this particular, multi-faceted clown chose to focus his trolling efforts by suggesting that 'simonshack' "is only one of my multiple aliases"... :rolleyes:

However, the funniest thing that idiot ever typed was that I supposedly discourage talking about the ISS and assorted NASA fakeries!
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

I'm not convinced by Seneca's intentions here! Maybe she'd care to convince us that's she's not one of the above mentioned in Simon's post, and why she put's faith in anything that's posted on that US Government site.
Seneca

Unread post by Seneca »

I agree to move this to the derailing room. Brianv, this is the second time that you are accusing me and again you are not making sense to me.

What is the "where" you are saying I came from?

What post on a US Government are you referring?
And how do you conclude I am putting faith in it?

By the way, I am a man.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Seneca wrote:I agree to move this to the derailing room. Brianv, this is the second time that you are accusing me and again you are not making sense to me.

By the way, I am a man.
What are your intentions here? Do you wish to contribute or to muddy the waters with accusations made on LetsRoll.us.gov? Wouldn't it have been, for instance, more productive to sign in over there and ask the clown who made the accusation to explain instead of bringing their garbage here? What's your username there?

And yes, maybe Simon or Hoi might be so good as to move this into the chatbox.
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

Video game's graphics engine mistaken for real life by RT?
By Tom Phillips Published Friday, 18 July 2014

Russia Today has been spotted using a screenshot from Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain in a news report on African child soldiers.

The image was broadcast earlier this week during an interview with Emmanuel Jal, a former child soldier who grew up to become a hip-hop artist (thanks, Kotaku).

It's unclear how RT mistook the image for a photo - although on the upside, it's a nice endorsement for Kojima Productions' shiny new FOX Engine.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... ers-report

BBC mistakes Halo UNSC for UN?
BBC News has accidentally broadcast a logo from Halo during a news report on the ongoing conflict in Syria.

The blooper occured in the background of last Thursday's One O'Clock News, in which presenter Sophie Raworth discussed the real-life United Nations.

But the logo shown on-sceen was for the UNSC - Halo's fictitious United Nations Space Command.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... ogo-for-un
I don't believe these are mistakes.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Even if Simon were posing as a thousand people, it would make not one lick of difference about the truth of his discoveries. The proofs presented on the site are fairly self-evident no matter who or what is presenting them. "Simon is everyone" is a distracting discussion, and it's not even true at all.
Seneca

Unread post by Seneca »

brianv wrote:
Seneca wrote:I agree to move this to the derailing room. Brianv, this is the second time that you are accusing me and again you are not making sense to me.

By the way, I am a man.
What are your intentions here? Do you wish to contribute or to muddy the waters with accusations made on LetsRoll.us.gov? Wouldn't it have been, for instance, more productive to sign in over there and ask the clown who made the accusation to explain instead of bringing their garbage here? What's your username there?

And yes, maybe Simon or Hoi might be so good as to move this into the chatbox.
OK thanks Brianv for clarifying my first two questions. You didn't answer why you think I am putting faith in it. Because I don't. For me the waters are not muddy.

I am not a member of the forum LetsRoll and I never was.
My intention is to contribute to this forum. Because it is a great forum. Because of all the truth that is in it. Because of everything we are going to uncover...
Simon didn't seem to have a problem with my remark so why should you?

I have simple a little proposition to avoid baseless accusations, not just for you. Accusing someone is so easy but it does hurt:
"Before you post accusations to a member of the forum, consult with someone who you think is smarter than you."
I will do likewise.
What do you think Brianv, hoi.polloi, .... ?
Going to sleep now.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Seneca wrote:I have simple a little proposition to avoid baseless accusations, not just for you. Accusing someone is so easy but it does hurt:
"Before you post accusations to a member of the forum, consult with someone who you think is smarter than you."
How many "accuses" can you squeeze into a post? I'm hurting your fellings? Well I'm a bitch! And everyone is smarter than me!

I don't want to drag this out, but anyone who quotes a letsroll clown here is going to get abuse from me - possibly with the exception of Simon of course who quotes it regularly but only for the purposes of derision. :angry:
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Don't emotionally invest in the idea that this is a place to make friends. Not saying it's impossible, but we should definitely acknowledge it's a place where it's not going to be as easy as it is on other sites. But coldness doesn't mean a lack of compassion. It is sometimes a symptom of text-based communication. Or chosen levels of anonymity. Or the subject matter.

Fake people.

Just think about what that concept actually entails and all the various ways and levels people can be fake. It's staggering to think about this "fake people" technology and how simulated people can be turned into pure tools — into completely dehumanized representations of humans. The Internet is a tool for both humans and sims, and there is no law (nor, I would argue, a need for a law) to tell the difference. Only your own judgement.

That is why we both should and shouldn't feel the need to "reach out" through the Internet. And why each person has the right to treat their own rules for that in their own way. And also why any of those rules might mean certain people cannot really post here to fit with our site's definitions of said "rules".

It's up to you to figure out if our "rules" we have earnestly tried to make as logical and fair as possible for this awkward situation (of studying fake events, fake history, fake people and so on) are too unfair or wrong for you to cope with.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

I do hope lux isn't feeling left out! :lol:
edgewaters

Unread post by edgewaters »

simonshack wrote:
Seneca wrote: I presumed you were aware of Kentrailers theory:
"I'm 99.9% sure most of the many "people" commenting on cluesforum are in fact "simonshack"" and that he often mentions Lux
Oh, right - I'd forgotten that - uh - all this forum's admins, mods and longtime members are one and the same person... :lol:

Well, at least according to former Cluesforum troll “Kentrailer”(aka “Paulstalservice”-aka “SanLuisSkywatch”- aka “NorwayResearch”- etc, etc), the multiple-aliases-entity. How ironic that this particular, multi-faceted clown chose to focus his trolling efforts by suggesting that 'simonshack' "is only one of my multiple aliases"... :rolleyes:

However, the funniest thing that idiot ever typed was that I supposedly discourage talking about the ISS and assorted NASA fakeries!
I don't know why you're indulging them over there like you are. The whole thread over there looks childish. If it were me, I'd have left after I answered the same questions a few times.

As far as the issue itself goes ... I think when I introduced myself to you, I mentioned, that I'm unfamiliar with and disgusted by all the infighting and finger-pointing that goes on in the whole 9/11 movement. Every movement is always going to be infiltrated, and the main damage they do is to make fingers point.

You guys are at least as bad as they are over there. I've had the finger pointed at me before, I think everybody has, even the audience (and I do consider myself audience-ish). It's discouraging, to say the least. So it's effective disruption. I think it plays on a natural tendency for infighting (because of clashing egos and competing ideas) like gas being thrown on a fire, exacerbates a tendency that is normally only a mild problem, into a major one. It's probably easy for a single infiltrator to cause hundreds to point fingers at each other.

So I am suspicious of everyone - even you! Shouldn't we all be? There should be no trust. For one person to be more suspicious implies trust of others, implies that there are others we're not as skeptical about. But we should be skeptical of everyone, always. An equality of suspicion, that leaves only ideas to deal with, not people. Maybe on a forum where every post was anonymous, we would never have to deal with this problem.
simonshack
Administrator

Re:

Unread post by simonshack »

edgewaters wrote: Maybe on a forum where every post was anonymous, we would never have to deal with this problem.
What a bleak & lifeless place that would be, edgewaters. I personally prefer to face the challenge of asserting my existence as a flesh-and-blood human being (and the occasional aggravations that go with it). As one may interpret your musings, we might as well surrender unconditionally to the Nutwork's ongoing efforts to dehumanize and 'digitize' this world's populace, no? As for me indulging, from time to time, a few primary antagonists to yours truly and our collective research efforts over at their websites, I believe that's just part of my humanity - as mentioned above - what with all its traps and weaknesses. Perhaps, if I were a Cyborg I might have just ignored them altogether - for all these years - in perfect splendor. But I am human - and therefore far from perfect. It saddens me somewhat (because I'm human, you see) that you find 'we guys', as you say, "at least as bad as they are over there". But that's ok, as Hoi keeps rightly reminding us, this forum is not specifically dedicated to making friends. Also, I would like to add that this forum - due to the 'sensitive' nature of its research - is not for the faint-hearted or the thin-skinned. Having said that, anyone is free to trust or suspect anyone over the internet - much as we all do in the real world, in fact !...