ENDEAVOUR - the 30-year Space Shuttle hoax

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
AirplaneJoe
Banned

Re: ENDEAVOUR - and the spaced-out NASA efforts

Unread post by AirplaneJoe »

lux wrote:
AirplaneJoe wrote:What about the pilots? These guys work hard to become astronauts. There is a selection that takes years, medical, psychological, technical etc.
How do you know how they become "pilots"? Because NASA told you?
I always believed the moon landing was a hoax, but the shuttle and the ISS?
Please explain how NASA can be regarded as honest about other programs while, at the same time, they have been lying to all the world for decades about the fake moon missions and are still lying about them to this day. Do you believe NASA has multiple personality disorder?
I just know one pilot Claude Nicollier from Swizerland. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claude_Nicollier

He was a pilot in the Swiss Airforce and worked as an airlinepilot for Swissair.
My question is, what makes a guy like that take the job at NASA and play a hoax?

Are you suggesting that all these guys are frauds or are they pressured into the hoax once they joined NASA?
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

AirplaneJoe wrote:like that take the job at NASA and play a hoax?

Are you suggesting that all these guys are frauds or are they pressured into the hoax once they joined NASA?
Airplane Joe,

Are you suggesting that ALL of our research here on this forum exposing Apollo, the Space Shuttle, the ISS and all of NASA's bullshit is pure bunkum?

If so, please tell us why you think so. We are all ears. And - by the way - good luck to you!
AirplaneJoe
Banned

Hi Simon

Not at all, I am fascinated by all this new information that I never saw before. All these pictures, videos. Great job! But I am also pissed off that all of this could be a big hoax. It is hard to understand. I used to be a big fan of space technology and NASA. I visited Cape Canaveral, Houston Space Center, EASA museum Toulouse and the Space Center in Moscow. I was in New York and saw the shuttle fly around Manhattan.
I realized later on that the moon-landings were probably a hoax, which made me really angry. I thought they faked for political reasons but at least they succeeded with the shuttle and the ISS. Looking at these images however, it looks very fake.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Let me share a little personal story about how fraudulent but hypnotizing these things really can be.

In fifth or sixth grade, my math teacher rounded up a number of kids and offered us a trip to Titusville Space Camp in Florida. Of course, everyone was excited. What child does not want to fly through outer space in a rocket?

However, upon reaching this so-called "space" camp, we discovered it to be little more than a brief course with rides, games, dubious activities, gift shops and food. Actually, one of the first things all the children were excited to do is eat "space food". This included Dippin' Dots (freeze dried ice cream) and freeze-dried packets of fruit. Despite these things being extremely expensive, this was the highlight of the trip by far. The rest was downhill.

First, we were divided into camps based on color-coded "planets of our solar system". Neptune, Pluto, etc. and we were supposed to wear these large round pins around the area.

The mock-training of weightlessness included strapping children into a harness counter-balanced by their weight, allowing us to seemingly soar across plastic pipes to "repair" a satellite. This meant "flying" up or down by pushing off of the playground-like structure made of pipes to add or remove pieces like a large Lego project of extreme ugliness.

The mock-training of gravity forces involved strapping children into a 360 degree spinning rack to see if our stomachs could withstand the confusion. Some children threw up.

The mock-training of the EVA (or extra-vehicular something or other basically meaning "space walk") involved sitting in a "floating" chair (basically the principle of a hovercraft) and using a small joystick to move slo-o-owly around a small area of a very flat, concrete gym floor.

The mock-training of flying a shuttle involved sitting on a museum bench in front of some TV screens, pushing buttons.

At night, councilors would enter the very dark bunk rooms frequently and make sure nobody was talking or making any noise at all for some reason. This made the potentially highlighted notion of the camp — spending time with friends in a fun setting — extremely oppressive and boring.

After the lameness set in and many students began to whisper to each other and complain that this was a giant scam, my friends began to divide into two 'camps' when this subject came up. One type of child was exemplified by a friend of mine in an exchange that went something like this.

Me: I am concerned I can't do the activity where we have to design satellites. Aren't we too young? How are we supposed to know all the complicated devices and necessities that must go into the design, etc.?
Him: Don't worry. Just throw some K'nex together. It doesn't matter what it looks like because satellites and space stations aren't even real. Many governments play along. So just have fun. This whole thing is a joke. They just want kids involved in the fun.
Me: Really? Wow! That sounds disappointing.

I had no idea how he figured this — whether it was his parents, the teachers or councilors themselves or something else. The other type was ready to be an astronaut and begging to figure out how to talk to someone about more information about it.

I imagine for those who are forever excited about the fantasy and the feeling of this nonsense, it doesn't matter how many people don't like it, don't trust it or don't think it's real. The point is the government is ready to take their passion, egotism for special, technology-based attention (and perhaps slightly deluded optimism) and transform it over time into a hardened stage act of life-size proportions.

I left with an Estes rocket of the space shuttle, complete with styrofoam shuttle component meant to safely glide back to Earth. My interest was exhausted however, by having been "had" by the Space Camp, and I never bothered to construct it.
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

Great post, hoi.

I also remember attending Space Camp in elementary school and learning about all things "space" as well as some robotics and other things thrown in as well. I also remember taking a field trip to the La Brea tarpits to learn all about the dinosaurs.

It's curious that the public school system expounds so much time, money and energy into teaching children about things like space exploration and dinosaurs with real scientific subjects never getting nearly as much airtime. Where are the "Rock Camps" for budding geologists? What about biology camps, or field trips to learn about any of the other important sciences? Why aren't children exposed to subjects like the study of plants or herbal medicine or any of the other "real world" sciences?

Why is SO MUCH time devoted to space and dinosaurs?
hoi.polloi

My truthful answer would be this: the teachers and principals are desperate to prevent drop-outs from a broken education system. They supplement the terrible programs (redeemed only by rare, good teachers) with field trips designed to grab attention and hold it on the system as a whole rather than the child's actual development, education, skill or interests.

Only by having the children convinced they are in a proper environment worth keeping can they be convinced to trust its leaders, and trust its leaders with training toward their interests. Children are dumb, but then they are also very much not dumb, if you know what I mean. They have instincts that protect them.

Therefore, anything that is seen as having a hypnotizing or calming effect on the dreamy children is seen as "educational". As long as the subject is something society at large accepts as real and commonplace — but the parents don't fully understand (such as aerospace or cryptozoology or governments) — then the parents will hand their children over to the State to learn about these things.

Subjects of practical value, that real actual professionals and mentors can teach outside of school, cannot compete with hypogriffins and space aliens and "You Too Can Be President!"® mantras, all of which the State specializes in. It's probably only because of Religion that schools don't also go on "haunted tours" so the State can cover the afterlife as well. But in a way, the Religion of Science (downloaded as a supplement to the dinosaur museums) has that covered by denying all paranormal things entirely.
Evil Edna
Banned

Unread post by Evil Edna »

AirplaneJoe wrote:I was in New York and saw the shuttle fly around Manhattan.
:blink: Are you testing the water with that shaky claim?! It's doubtful that fat bitch ever got one inch off the ground, never mind flew over Manhattan! It was even less capable of flight than the dodo bird!

Here's some early faux footage from only the 3rd (phony) Shuttle mission, way back in 1982.

See 11m45s onwards. It's of the supposed landing. Watch how the Shuttle's front-end lifts impossibly off the runway, but then slams down solidly. That would never happen! It doesn't accurately mimic a traditional aircraft landing. Not even a poor landing!

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18Vjy_UT7Ak

So how did they fake this footage back in the day (1982) ? Using scale models of the life-size scam Shuttle?

Even worthlesspedia acknowledges that by 2011, NA$A contractors had looted a jaw-dropping $196 billion from the US taxpayer via the phony Space Shuttle Program! That's a lot of loot for a small bunch of gangsters!
hoi.polloi

Evil Edna wrote:So how did they fake this footage back in the day (1982) ? Using scale models of the life-size scam Shuttle?
Why the incredulous, tone, Evil Edna? Don't believe in 1980's flight technology, computer animation, simulation or special effects? Did Hollywood invent them in 1983?

I think you may be throwing the baby out with the bathwater, there. They worked hard on these early sims. Back when convincing people was actually a chore, perhaps. Nowadays, people believe any shit.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Evil Edna wrote: Watch how the Shuttle's front-end lifts impossibly off the runway, but then slams down solidly. That would never happen! It doesn't accurately mimic a traditional aircraft landing. Not even a poor landing!

So how did they fake this footage back in the day (1982) ? Using scale models of the life-size scam Shuttle?
!
Dear Evil Edna,

The "Space Shuttle " was a hoax - and just a continuation of the former Apollo hoax.

Please read this thread from its beginning. It contains all the proof you may ever need.
Evil Edna
Banned

Unread post by Evil Edna »

Okay thanks! It's 45 pages long, so I might be gone some while! Just to say, the start of the Space Shuttle Program was early 1980s. Around the time the blockbuster film E.T. was made (1982). According to wikipedia, E.T. was filmed by Spielberg over three months, and had no digital animation in it, only animatronics (puppetry). 1982 was also the era of the Atari 2600 video game console, so the state of computer animation, even in Hollywood, must have been primitive too. That's what led me to say that the first fake Shuttle missions probably used real-life scale models for animation rather than CGI. I'll go and read the thread though!
hoi.polloi

Evil Edna wrote:1982 was also the era of the Atari 2600 video game console, so the state of computer animation, even in Hollywood, must have been primitive too.
Possibly. Consider your priorities in your life — which comes first, self-defense or entertainment? So, which do you think has better deception technology, the military or Hollywood? And therefore, which do you suppose was helping NASA trick people since the 60's, a primarily military force or a primarily entertaining force?

Excuse my rhetorical questions; some computer animation by modern definitions with polygonal models may not have been used in the shuttle program, but I think we mustn't assume Hollywood is somehow the top dog in this mad scheme even if they were. And please, let's not mince 3D animation with computer animation or special effects. They are different, related technologies. Star Wars and 2001 began production before 1982, and all had moderately impressive (for the time) effects with the aid of digital equipment. It doesn't mean it isn't computer animation or special effects, but it was not 3D polygonal animation. Anyway, the more important point is that we don't know what they used and it's fine to assume they may have had a model. I was just confused why you seemed to suddenly switch from 4th gear to reverse and back again in the middle of your post.
AirplaneJoe
Banned

"AirplaneJoe wrote:
I was in New York and saw the shuttle fly around Manhattan."

Obviously the shuttle was on top of a B747. And I was there and this was no hoax, I saw it with my own eyes. And there are plenty of videos to prove that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NxacgimtIk

However, on that landing video I have to say it looks fake. The pilot drops the landing gear just 6 seconds before landing! From Gear down to touch-down 3.5 seconds. That is a joke. Of course, if the gear would not come down they cannot go around. But 6 seconds before landing and risk a crash because the gear is not down? In aviation the gear comes town latest at 1000ft above ground, thats about a minute before touchdown.
hoi.polloi

This is addressed to AirplaneJoe (and readers, if AirplaneJoe is shilling) you do realize by posting a video and claiming it corroborates what you saw that, should the video prove to be fake, you are implicated in a rather large lie?

In any case, it isn't terribly surprising that there would be an airplane with a shuttle-shaped thing strapped to the back. It doesn't prove the launches, landings and thusfar seemingly impossible space flights and satellite hullaballoo are true!
lux

Unread post by lux »

Unless we have a pilot here making the point, I think the shuttle landing gear issue is too arguable a detail to bring up. I personally don't see anything all that fake about the landing gear in that video.

I also don't see anything all that unbelievable about NASA having shuttle-shaped aircraft that can glide, fly and land for the press photographers or that can be strapped to the back of another aircraft and fly around. None of this has anything to do with the shuttle's fake "space flights."

I am willing to concede that NASA does have craft that can rise up in the air and/or fly around, etc. for the rubes to "witness" but the point is: Do these things go into space? And my conclusion is NO, for many reasons which have been discussed on this forum.
JLapage

Unread post by JLapage »

lux wrote:Unless we have a pilot here making the point, I think the shuttle landing gear issue is too arguable a detail to bring up. I personally don't see anything all that fake about the landing gear in that video.
Or maybe like the magician trying to distract the viewers with some minor or insignificant detail?