The farcical comedy of "Wikileaks", "Anonymous" etc.

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
eyesopenwider

Re: The farcical comedy of "Wikileaks", "Anonymous" etc.

Unread post by eyesopenwider »

hoi.polloi wrote:These mock-whistleblowers are really offensive.
Indeed they are Hoi.Polloi ...

The latest is that Snowden has gone missing...Perhaps he has one of these nifty little spy kits from last month?

Then again...

This type of post is probably not what you folks are looking for here on Clues...but I find some sanity in making fun of it all. Please feel free to remove if inappropriate.
gwynned

Unread post by gwynned »

While it may be true, and probably is true, that Snowden has not revealed anything that hasn't been public for years, the vast majority of Americans probably still don't know what the NSA is and had no idea about their spying capabilities until we began hearing stories about Snowden's pole dancing girlfriend and his international 007 escape. Even given that, my guess is if you were to take a poll of all voting age Americans, less than 20% (at best!) would even know who Snowden is.

So what is behind this international media exposure? Can we assume part of the purpose is to distract the sheeple from what's really going on, and if so what is that? And here's another curious aspect. His initial route was disclosed as 'Hong Kong/China - Russia - Cuba - Venezuela - Ecuador. Too bad Iran and North Korea would be too far out of the way. Cuba is certainly NOT en route to Ecuador. Why the photo of the empty seat on the plane to Cuba. Is that where Waldo's gone missing?
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

If you were to take a poll of all voting age Americans, you would find that some of them think the first President was Abraham Lincoln.

I'm not sure we should factor in the impenetrable density of American stupidity and naivite as necessarily part of some failure on the part of the perpetrators. That seems like trying to attribute omnipotence to just a handful of ambitious hoaxers.

It's like saying, "What's the real reason behind the attempt to seize guns from and register American gun owners?"

As if seeking unlimited power is somehow a confusing motivation for the psychopaths that have been doing it for apparently hundreds of years.

Isn't it enough for you that Wikileakers, Anonymouse, Snow-job and the rest are all the latest excuses for neocons in the USA and elsewhere to demand more cross-border international prosecution powers?

I don't buy the claim that just because such campaigns are unsuccessful that they will stop the campaign or that it somehow went off without a hitch with some ulterior/anterior motive in mind.

Follow the money and look at the legislation that money forces into being by sheer multi-media battering ram.
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

Snowden Reveals UFO documents. :rolleyes:

http://www.chronicle.su/news/snowden-re ... venezuela/

EDIT: This is satire, my apologies for not catching it earlier. I guess the mainstream media has become so ridiculous it's no longer easy to distinguish between their B.S. and comedic satire. Go figure. :P
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

The "JA-JA's"

Allow me to suggest a new entry to the Cluesforum dictionary - just for fun's sake. After all, the ridiculousness of the Nutwork's antics warrants some comic relief from time to time - so as to lighten up somewhat the monotony of our endeavors, as we keep on exposing the relentless flow of phony characters churned out by the silly inTelligence Con-munity. Why the general public keeps falling for their tripe is quite beyond me...

image source: http://hacksperger.wordpress.com/2011/0 ... appelbaum/

The "JA-JA" term is best used to define those high-profile, 'heroic-whistleblowers-on-the-side-of-the-people' peddled by the media propaganda machine to sell the idea that virtual nobodies can challenge the establishment - supposedly using the sole power of their cyber-hacking skills to retrieve truckloads of classified Pentagon secrets and whatnot (ultimately, of course, 'imperiling National Security - and themselves'...). Apart from the 'odd coincidence' that "JA" are the initials of both Julian Assange and Jacob Appelbaum, I see some droll irony in the fact that "JA!JA!" means, of course (in German and other languages), "YES!YES!" Now, the two supposed 'rebels against the system', Assange and Appelbaum, are obviously some of the most obedient pair of yes-men (to their military superiors) that one could possibly imagine... On the other hand, the J.A. initials of these two 'Demiurges of Truth' may well be some sort of insider joke : "JA is a shortened form of Yahweh (Js and Ys are interchangeable when transliterating from Hebrew)" http://www.snugasabugbaby.com/32-weeks- ... 4LS2B.dpuf

Now - and this distinction needs to be made, please note that these cointelpro JA-JA clowns may come in different forms. Some may be FAB (Flesh-And-Blood) JA-JA's and some may be DCA(Digital Cartoon Android)JA-JA's. The latter are entirely digital fabrications - i.e. non-existing, computer-generated 'personas' aired on TV just to sell a story. While Julian Assange and Jacob Appelbaum may - or may not - be FAB's, it would appear that the latest JA-JA new-entry, "Edward Snowden", is of the DCA-type. And so is, in all likelihood, that other farcical, effeminate 'whistleblowing' entity known as "Bradley Manning":

"Edward Snowden"_______________________________"Bradley Manning"

ImageImage

Everyone has heard of Julian the Kick-Ass-angel - but in case you're not too familiar with the lesser-known JA-JA, Jacob Appelbaum (who reverently calls Assange "the one-and-only"), here's some info on the character. Let's first meet his/its handler (or possible digital creator) - award-winning filmmaker, Laura Poitras - interviewed here by the ever-spookier Amy Goodman on Democracy Now:

LAURA POITRAS on Democracy Now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhnGrCbaUI8

Here's Jacob on the same show, also lamenting about being repeatedly detained and harrassed in US airports...
JACOB APPELBAUM on Democracy Now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da4cJGqpxmU

On the "500th-day-anniversary of Julian Assange's detainment without indictment", Jacob Appelbaum holds a conference about NSA wire-tapping, data-mining and all that - with a '40-year NSA veteran', Bill Binney... Crass fear-mongering 101, if you ask me:

"SURVEILLANCE TEACH-IN"- Jacob Appelbaum/Bill Binney/Laura Poitras: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s976iyaO39A

Now, Appelbaum may not be a digital creation as such - but I can't help sensing some sort of Hollywood-modeled type, a cross between Clark Kent and the Jim Carrey of "Truman Show" memory... Here he pulls a grin (at 40:38 in above video) while glancing towards an invisible friend supposedly in attendance ('Emmanuel Goldstein') - to highlight the 'funny' address of one of 'NSA's suspected interception points': "811 10th Avenue, New York, NY 10019, United States". Oh, how very funny numbers - huh?... Duh. Who writes this stuff?

It turns out - after a little digging - that this Emmanuel Goldstein (whoever he/it is) is a staunch supporter of none other than Miss Judy Wood. Here's a comment of his - on a YT video lamenting about Alex Jones' censorship of ... fellow JA-JA Judy Wood :
Emmanuel Goldstein 3 weeks ago
"I gave a copy of WHERE DID THE TOWERS GO? to my neighbor. He has now been deprogrammed and is very much aware of the lies we have been fed to give the Fascist States of America and the corporations that collude with it carte blanche to pillage any country for any resource they want under the guise of "terrorism". It does not surprise me that the NSA has been spying on Americans. They have good reason to protect the elite. Our military is the iron fist inside the velvet glove of corporatism."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXYcdAe1Fzk
What a small world, ay? <_<
AmongTheThugs

Unread post by AmongTheThugs »

My Mexican friends use "jaja" to indicate laughter.
sunshine05

Unread post by sunshine05 »

Great post, Simon.
Knapsack

Unread post by Knapsack »

Simon,

Thank you for the humorous and enlightening post.

It is worth noting that Emmanuel Goldstein is a character in George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four who is the symbolic enemy of the state. Wickedpedia explains that, "it is unknown whether he is real or a fabrication of the Party itself for the purpose of propaganda."
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_E ... characters

I think we can say the same about our own Emmanuel Goldstein.
simonshack
Administrator

Knapsack wrote:Simon,

Thank you for the humorous and enlightening post.

It is worth noting that Emmanuel Goldstein is a character in George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four who is the symbolic enemy of the state. Wickedpedia explains that, "it is unknown whether he is real or a fabrication of the Party itself for the purpose of propaganda."
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_E ... characters

I think we can say the same about our own Emmanuel Goldstein.
Good Heavens - I just KNEW I'd heard that name somewhere... Of course! It's from Orwell's "1984" ! :lol: :rolleyes:

In fact, Abirato had pinpointed that "1984"-connection too - on his blog yesterday. I must have been in a daze!

I hate to admit it, but those Wikileaks scriptwriters must be having fun fooling around with their target public - which is, of course, Wikileaks followers and fans...
lux

Unread post by lux »

A Firefox add-on called “Dark Side of the Prism” says it …

“...uses Pink Floyd's aural prism (Dark Side of the Moon) as a playlist to the NSA's tracking efforts, serving as an auditory reminder of how our online activities are surveilled.

“When visiting any URLs that have been (publicly) targeted by Prism, a small notification will appear alerting that this site is being surveilled. You will then be presented with an ethereal Pink Floyd track from the 'Dark Side of the Moon' album.”

I installed it and I would classify it as a joke -- in keeping with the recent “NSA whistle blowing” media hoax. I began looking for sites that would trigger the Pink Floyd warning music. Google and YouTube do but I will leave it to you to see which sites do and which ones don't.

My personal opinion on these “whistle blowing” media stories is that the purpose is simply to replace something bad with something even badder. They publicly “expose” how bad the old thing is so they can bring in something new that does exactly what the old thing did only many times worse.

BTW, the Guy Fawkes mask as used by Anonymous as a logo is, of course, an exact copy of the mask used in the Warner Bros film “V for Vendetta” and based on the earlier "graphic novel" published by DC Comics and possibly others who came before in the chain of ownership...

...and as such it would be the intellectual property of Warner Bros and/or DC Comics and/or others as a copyrighted work of art.

In any other instance if you were to reproduce a work of art which was owned by any Hollywood studio or major publisher such as, say, this …

or, this …

… etc, etc

without permission from the copyright owner to promote any product or activity you would be served with a Cease and Desist Order forthwith followed by more severe legal action if you persisted.

Yet, to my knowledge, no such thing has happened as regards Anonymous' use of this artwork for years on web sites, T-shirts, etc. without any slightest response from Warner Bros or anyone else, yet the mask is being used as a symbol and logo for an alleged radical anti-government group. Go figure.
Mickey

Unread post by Mickey »

Well that is why I prefer Chrome. :D

If you go back a few years in time, most all stories about even grandmas getting sued millions of dollars by MPAA/RIAA for downloading copyrighted songs/file sharing sound like a lot of fear mongering and hoax.
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

This is just too good not to share! Honestly, who writes this garbage?

Bradley Manning, the U.S. soldier sentenced to 35 years in military prison for the biggest breach of classified documents in the nation's history, said on Thursday he is female and wants to live as a woman named Chelsea.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/ ... JI20130822
antipodean

Unread post by antipodean »

Written by the same team who decided that it was time for MI5 Whistle Blower David Shayler to become a Cross Dresser called Delores.
simonshack
Administrator

"JULIAN ASSANGE" - meaning of name

As we've often seen in the past, the names & surnames of the phony or /and altogether fictitious characters of this world are evidently constructed from scratch - with what I will kindly call "vivid imagination laced with a cynical sense of humor" on the part of the Nutwork (my term for the scumbag- psychos who 'run' this world). It would seem that this 'Julian Assange' construct is no different. Let's see what definitions we may find for this entity's name and surname, shall we?

A pen pal of mine just sent me an e-mail pointing out this interesting definition of 'ange' - from the Wiktionary:

ange - verb
1: to indicate; to point out
2: to turn in (someone); to point someone out for the police, as being guilty of a crime
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ange

Marvellous, isn't it? And so very fitting for a world famous "international whistleblower - pointing out the crimes of the bad boys"...

So I decided to take a further look at this - wondering if there may be some lesser-known, slang-meanings of the Julian+Ass+Ange word sequence. As it is, there were. As you read about them, you may wish to keep in mind that the "Julian Assange" character only became a 'household name' among the general populace - after he was allegedly arrested for a couple of 'rape scandals' in Sweden... I apologize to those who might get offended by the following terms and words, but this is - alas - what my short 'linguistic investigation' has led to. You are free to think that I may be 'looking too deep into it' - and that all of this might just be sheer coincidental happenstance, and that one could find 'funny readings' of ANY existing name/surname if one only digs hard enough... However, here goes (from the Urban dictionary):

1: Julian - noun
A very honest man who is freakishly horny. He gets hard an average of 45 times per day. Many women like him and dream of having sex with him. He is a player but everyone loves him because he is sweet like candy. He has an overactive imagination and can make up very sexual stories that can turn anyone on and get them wet like a lake.

Examples: "Have you ever experienced a Julian inside you?" "Damn you are harder than a Julian!"

2: Julian - noun
A person with this name always has the biggest dick in the room. "Wow i bet that guy is julian".
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Julian

We've already seen what 'ange' may signify (virtually a synonym for "whistleblower") but here's another slang definition from the UK:

"ange" - noun
A word often used by females from Thornaby in the north of England. This word refers to the genital areas of a woman but can be used to describe a mans "area" too. It is often used in times of disappointment, annoyance, or sometimes excitement.
"Awww damnit. Fist my ange!"
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ange

I presume everyone knows what 'ass' means, so I shouldn't really have to point out anything else for you to imagine the various 'funny' combinations that the Julian-Ass-Ange name may - uh, shall we say - evoke. Whether this is by pure chance or not is for you to decide.

Oh, and btw - if anyone hasn't seen the images of the purported secret "WIKILEAKS HEADQUARTERS" in Stockholm ... :rolleyes:

http://beforeitsnews.com/fun-news/2010/ ... 05408.html

And you thought that "Binladen's techno-caves in Afghanistan" sounded like the silliest, bullcrap Pentagon-propaganda ever? :P

"THE STORY OF WIKILEAKS": http://viooz.co/movies/19144-we-steal-s ... -2013.html
If you can bear watching some of this rubbish, you'll soon realize that:

"ALQAEDA" / "WIKILEAKS" = two facets of the same idiotic, relentless Pentagon propaganda which keeps dumbing-down this world.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »