ENDEAVOUR - the 30-year Space Shuttle hoax

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
reichstag fireman

Re: ENDEAVOUR - and the spaced-out NASA efforts

Unread post by reichstag fireman »

pshea38 wrote:
LightCone wrote:
Extremophile wrote:Is humanity quietly abandoning a future in space?

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/artic ... -in-space?

Why the questionmark?

The accompanying image that goes with this article:

"Fortunately" mankind isn't abandoning photosloppery just yet!
Or... was photographer Kevin Lamarque at a near perfect position in time and space with regards to alignment of these two symbolic landmarks and the flightpath (which he knows by heart of course) of the special 747, getting his camera ready but forgetting to switch between his professional zoomlens and this ultra crappy one he had to use instead? questions, questions... ;)
This "event" happened again in NYC. This is profoundly strange:

Would you look at that placement? Above the WTC.

A reminder? <_<

Much more vile shuttle smut in Rothermere's wankrag: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ypast.html

EDIT:

And even more today! :lol:

Shuttle Flies into History over Hollywood

A reader's comment left under the Shuttle "farewell photo" in the Daily Telegraph (a newspaper owned by the reclusive (hmm..) Barclay Brothers)

"How fitting that it made its last flight by Hollywood. America's glowing self-image is largely a fantasy these days. In reality, we're swiftly becoming North Mexico demographically and North Korea politically."
LightCone

Unread post by LightCone »

For interested parties: FALCON 9/DRAGON CRS-1 MISSION LIVE LAUNCH

http://www.spacex.com/webcast/
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Dunno why they titled this video "Unsuccessful shuttle launch"...

The shuttle DID take off ! ^_^

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlOGJhVbhrs
reichstag fireman

Unread post by reichstag fireman »

There's hope for NASA yet! :lol:
simonshack
Administrator

Deepthroat Daddy

Today I bumped into this other "1986 Challenger Tragedy" video (full YT version embedded below) - apparently first released only in ...2003. This is - you guessed it - yet one of those never-before-seen / "late-entry" vidoes, and is purportedly "from a 3/4" videotape received from NASA under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act."

I decided to make an animated gif of a 2-second short segment of it. It features a man traversing the camera view - as Barbara clutches her hands in prayer (barely seconds after the Challenger supposedly explodes). The man appears to be drifting by in a smooth arc, as if floating through the air - or rolling on a skateboard. Note also the (entire) white smokeplume's sideways drift which, considering we are seeing a mere 2-second timelapse, is rather odd...

Next, here's a still frame from this clip showing a bus ... running up the man's throat. Needless to say, dear Cluesforum members, we all know where we've seen such ugly, "special video artifacts" before...And no, normal motion blur will not do this for you on your average video camera - nor will any known analog-to-digital format compression erase/distort pixels in this manner - nor have I ever seen this occuring on the old 3/4" U-matic format (which I am old enough to have worked with aplenty back in my motorsports-video editing days) :

All in all - if you ask me - I'd say that what we have here is a classic/vintage animation job - straight out of the "Rosenbaum School of Fakery Arts". "But..but..." - I can hear someone objecting - "isn't this clip meant to be from waayy back in 1986?" Yeah ... but it was apparently released in 2003. <_<

Lastly, you've gotta love what we see happening at 2:16 into the clip: the 'cameraview', which for the entire duration of the Challenger launch has been static / dead stationary (and thus obviously meant to be tripod-mounted) now all of a sudden starts panning to the right - bobbing slowly as if (expertly) hand-held ! Well, please know that those old U-matic 1986 video cameras were damn heavy!. But I guess NASA will say that it was some robotized camera of theirs... :rolleyes:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBfZkQRWbIA
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

And once again we see them observing in the "nearfield". As a recording engineer you should know what that means Simon!

This "phenomena" was also apparent with the outside "anchors" on nineeleven! Whatshisname Aaron...

If you are looking at distant mountains you observe in the "farfield".

If you are looking at distant mountains on a screen a few feet away, you observe in the "nearfield"

Your gaze and demeanour is subsequently very different!
lux

Unread post by lux »

Stiff breeze blowing on the woman in foreground but I see no evidence of such on the trees, water or rocket smoke.
simonshack
Administrator

lux wrote:One of NASA's corniest fake "disaster" pieces: "Last Moments Columbia Crew"

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIJiW8d_c68
Dear Lux,

Have you ever asked yourself the following, simple question?

How can we have ANY video imagery from the Columbia - a spacecraft which (we were told) exploded on re-entry into a cluster of fireballs?

Was that little hand-held video camera somehow streaming down its images to the NASA control room?

***************************************************************************************************************************************************

A HARD-WORKING "NASA EXPERT" AT WORK

Well, the debate over this mystery seems to be raging - in the comment section of the above Youtube video. One entity by the name of "jrockett73" seems to be working overtime responding to all the good & legitimate questions posted about the subject. Here's are a couple of these good questions - followed by jrockett's "expert explanations":

thevealchop68 1 month ago
A stupid question: this is actual video recovered on the ground from crash debris?????

jrockett73 1 month ago
Yes, this video cassette tape was recovered on the ground along with 8000 more pieces from the crew module and 80,000 pieces of the entire orbiter. This video is not downlinked while filming.
Allright - so jrockett confirms that: this video (of the Columbia's last moments) was recovered on the ground - and that this imagery was NOT somehow downlinked/streamed to NASA while filming from space. So far, so good.

We then have another good question by YT user "justininvestor":
justininvestor 1 week ago
Can somebody tell me how they got this video? Wouldn't it be destroyed in wreckage?

jrockett73 1 week ago
This is not streamed live but recorded to a DV cassette tape. The tape was found on the ground.
Allright - so the tape was found on the ground. Ok,ok.ok. Just give me some time to conceptualize this thing! Ah yes, it must be a bit like that terrorist passport found intact on the streets of NY on 9/11, yes? :rolleyes: :lol:

And here's the most priceless statement by our NASA EXPERT "jrockett73":
jrockett73 2 months ago
Everything recovered from the cabin (8000 pieces) went thru my hands. I installed this camera

https://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=aIJiW8d_c68
But hey - "Jrockett73" is a 25-year space shuttle veteran - so who am I to question his words? :lol:
simonshack
Administrator

So, last night I submitted this question to our NASA veteran, "jrockett37" :

"Was the camera found on the ground too? Is it exhibited somewhere - like at the Smithsonian or some other place?"

Here's what "jrockett37" replied today:
No, the camera is an Sony XC-555 lipstick camera. This video is recorded to a cassette in a Sony recorder mounted on the side of seat 3 or MS1. The audio comes from the orbiter comm system and is recorded to the same cassette. The camera was never found but the cassette was.
Fantastic. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Read it to believe it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIJiW8d_ ... r_embedded
lux

Unread post by lux »

The cassette wasn't the only thing that miraculously survived!
Astronaut Kalpana Chawla, one of the victims of the crash, took three CDs into space with her, two of which were Deep Purple albums (Machine Head and Purpendicular). Both CDs survived both the shuttle destruction and the 39-mile plunge. Chawla also traded e-mails with the band while in space, making the tragedy even more personal for the group. source
:lol:
Libero

Unread post by Libero »

lux wrote:The cassette wasn't the only thing that miraculously survived!
Astronaut Kalpana Chawla, one of the victims of the crash, took three CDs into space with her, two of which were Deep Purple albums (Machine Head and Purpendicular). Both CDs survived both the shuttle destruction and the 39-mile plunge. Chawla also traded e-mails with the band while in space, making the tragedy even more personal for the group. source
:lol:
It's a relief that she didn't have either of their other albums such as 'Burn' or 'Fireball' or then I would have been really suspicious. :D

ImageImage
simonshack
Administrator

Libero wrote: It's a relief that she didn't have either of their other albums such as 'Burn' or 'Fireball' or then I would have been really suspicious.
:lol: :D Made my day, Libero - my chest still hurts!

I then had a few more 'hearty' laughs today - as I stumbled into THIS 'info' on Wonkypredia:
"The Telegraph reported that searchers stumbled upon human body parts, including arms, feet, a torso, and human heart."

...and furthermore:

"A group of small (1 mm) adult Caenorhabditis elegans worms, living in petri dishes enclosed in aluminium canisters, survived re-entry and impact with the ground and were recovered weeks after the disaster."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Shut ... a_disaster
Live worms, an intact videotape, and human body parts.
The disintegrated shuttle itself, however, turns into a cluster of fireballs... ^_^

...and plunges to the ground. Wait, I can almost see that videotape in there! Can you ? :P

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNfEUkxmliQ

But back to the hand-held, inboard camera which supposedly filmed those last moments inside the Columbia cockpit, shortly before it blew up... Now, our NASA expert "jrockett73" is actually saying that he "installed the whole system" himself!
jrockett73 2 hours ago
This camera is not streamed. I installed the whole system prior to launch. During landing too much other info is going thru the S-Band antenna. This is not a program driven recording but just personal video taken by the crew. Some crews ask for it and some dont. The camera has no audio but the tape records audio from the orbiters comm system.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIJiW8d ... ture=inbox
I think we need "jrockett" on the forum - to help us through all the NASA head-scratchers that we've compiled. <_<
simonshack
Administrator

I think we'll have to take it step by step (with "jrockett73"), and start by asking him if he knows by any chance that badass Joe Gardener who keeps Cape Canaveral's wild bushland so remarkably tidy, neat and 'timeless', year after year:

More years (2001 and 2002) shown here: http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p2354060

My own bushy garden is a MESS in comparison - and it looks WAY different year by year! Just how does Joe do it?? :P
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

The shuttle has retired, but the myth-making goes on. In fact, it only gets worse!

From Wankypedia, a crude cartoon at first sight!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Atlan ... uly_22.png

I know those ELAs can be pretty irritating, but this one is actually helpful :)
Check out the black outline and the inconsistent shadows of the playmobil people.

I know a nerd at a local print shop who could do a better job!
lux

Unread post by lux »

For those who would like to take space photos just like the shuttle ass-tro-nots, Hasselblad provides this (large pdf file).