ENDEAVOUR - the 30-year Space Shuttle hoax

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
simonshack
Administrator

Re: ENDEAVOUR - and the spaced-out NASA efforts

Unread post by simonshack »

VivekAnand wrote: Image

That last image is supposedly of the recovered wheel well... looks to be in spectacularly fine shape...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Spectacularly pristine indeed! Looks like some "COLUMBIA debris" got luckier than other "COLUMBIA debris" : :rolleyes:

http://history.nasa.gov/columbia/debris_pics.html

Dear Vivek, that "COLUMBIA DISASTER" (although more effort seems to have been put into its 'photographic back up story') sounds just as phony as the tale of "FLIGHT 93" - and indeed - just as bogus as the entire Space Shuttle fable.

COLUMBIA (CARTOON) DISASTER :

Meet "Dan McNew", the alleged "amateur videographer" who purportedly captured the COLUMBIA from his backyard just as it disintegrated ( while apparently flying sideways - at a 90 degree angle! ...)

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clseDHnTx08

You may also wish to watch our boy Dan McNew(s) interviewed on FOX News...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_CYFHQX ... ature=plcp

And, once again (just like on 9/11), the clowns recruited to put together that "COLUMBIA debris evidence" used some old rim-less :rolleyes: tires retrieved from some scrapyard...

"COLUMBIA TIRE"1 :

"COLUMBIA TIRE" 2 :

"FLIGHT 175 TIRE"
(found lying under a scaffolding on 9/11)

And just a little trivia: Columbia's actual planned launch date was Jan 11, 2001. But the launch was delayed 18 times...

The silliness of it all (and of its planners) is probably the most baffling side of these legerdemains for mass consumption.

ps: Oh and btw, Vivek: dId you know that aircraft tires can be used to bring down steel buildings?
FIRESTONE DEMOLITION TIRES : http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p2362909 :P
VivekAnand

Unread post by VivekAnand »

Interesting Simon, in the McNewsmaker fantasy clip, two things stood out for me:

1) Something (a glass reflection, but on what?) comes and leaves the screen from right lower/middle at 0:27

2) All those birds chirping, man taking movie sees the shuttle EXPLODE and not as much a cheep from him? None of the Oh My God, just a casual pan-back at the contrail?

And those them thar tires.

Let's call them FIREANDBRIMSTONE Tires. Or better yet, BENBEN Tires. :rolleyes:

They did after all crash the Greek Orthodox church, did they not?

Which reminds me to ask all the excellent english speakers here, if Orthodox is the right way and heterodox the wrong, then why is man/woman sexuality called heterosexuality and same sex sexuality called Homosexuality? It should be called Orthosexuality, no? Heterodoxy and Orthodoxy. Which is right and which is left? I mean wrong? :huh:
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

VivekAnand wrote:Which reminds me to ask all the excellent english speakers here, if Orthodox is the right way and heterodox the wrong, then why is man/woman sexuality called heterosexuality and same sex sexuality called Homosexuality? It should be called Orthosexuality, no? Heterodoxy and Orthodoxy. Which is right and which is left? I mean wrong? :huh:
The ortho- prefix does in fact mean 'right', but the hetero- prefix does not mean 'wrong'.

The homo- prefix means 'same', hetero- means 'different'.

No, it should NOT be called orthosexuality.
Wombat2012

Unread post by Wombat2012 »

This is honestly the funniest website on the net...you guys crack me up!!

Oh...you're serious...? Holy crap.

OK..."sideways drift" of the shuttle at takeoff. Easy...in any side-on shot you can see the damn thrust from the three main shuttle engines, angled away from the boosters downward thrust. It gives a "sideways push". Simple.

The launch pad looks pretty much the same now as in 1969? Probably because it's the same damn pad.

The tyres survived to one extent or another? Of course they fricking did...rubber takes a lot to destroy. After the most horrifying airliner crashes, often the wheels are the only recognisable things left. They take a long time to burn, and absorb a hell of a lot of heat before melting. The shuttle tyres were a special compound anyway to cope with the extremes of temperature they had to bear.

Same position of camera "sitting on a tripod year after year". It's mounted in a little bunker in the same position year after year...the camera changes, the position doesn't. It's like you going outside and finding your letterbox in the same position it was in last year...wow, how odd!!!

The "single bolt" (chortle). I drive trains. Big trains. Big long heavy trains. Trains over a mile long pulling over 10,000 tonnes of coal. Behind the two lead locomotives is the coupling, which "hinges" on a single bolt. One single steel bolt taking all the run outs and run ins and drag and draft forces of 10,000 tonnes behind it smacking into it and pulling away from it. Seeing as how the shuttle isn't just "hanging there" with all it;s weight on that bolted area, and is supporting itself by the thrust of it's engines, it's no surprise.

Keep up the funny stuff guys... :rolleyes:
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Wombat2012 wrote:This is honestly the funniest website on the net...you guys crack me up!!
I'm glad you're amused, Wombat. I also have lots of fun with this hilarious NASA stuff.

You wrote:
"The launch pad looks pretty much the same now as in 1969? Probably because it's the same damn pad."

Well, you see - it was more about the vegetation - not about the launch pad itself:

Compare the bushes seen in the foregrounds here - between 2001 an 2011:

You wrote:
"The tyres survived to one extent or another? Of course they fricking did...rubber takes a lot to destroy. After the most horrifying airliner crashes, often the wheels are the only recognisable things left. They take a long time to burn, and absorb a hell of a lot of heat before melting. The shuttle tyres were a special compound anyway to cope with the extremes of temperature they had to bear."

Well, tires may well survive - but then, how do the rims of those tires totally disappear? Do they vaporize, perhaps?

You wrote:
"Same position of camera "sitting on a tripod year after year". It's mounted in a little bunker in the same position year after year...the camera changes, the position doesn't. It's like you going outside and finding your letterbox in the same position it was in last year...wow, how odd!!!"

You must have missed some parts of the logic and reasoning regarding this issue, dear Wombat. Take a better look at what I am pointing out here. Warning: you need to use your cognitive faculties when looking at these 8 images:

You wrote:
"The "single bolt" (chortle). I drive trains. Big trains. Big long heavy trains. Trains over a mile long pulling over 10,000 tonnes of coal. Behind the two lead locomotives is the coupling, which "hinges" on a single bolt. One single steel bolt taking all the run outs and run ins and drag and draft forces of 10,000 tonnes behind it smacking into it and pulling away from it. Seeing as how the shuttle isn't just "hanging there" with all it;s weight on that bolted area, and is supporting itself by the thrust of it's engines, it's no surprise."

Oh well...You've just gotta LOVE this bolt! It secured the lives of all these NASA astronots for 30 years - and 135 missions! :lol:

Do you do this for a living, Wombat?
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

Wombat2012 wrote:This is honestly the funniest website on the net...you guys crack me up!!

Oh...you're serious...? Holy crap. [...]

The "single bolt" (chortle). I drive trains. Big trains. Big long heavy trains. Trains over a mile long pulling over 10,000 tonnes of coal. Behind the two lead locomotives is the coupling, which "hinges" on a single bolt. One single steel bolt taking all the run outs and run ins and drag and draft forces of 10,000 tonnes behind it smacking into it and pulling away from it. Seeing as how the shuttle isn't just "hanging there" with all it;s weight on that bolted area, and is supporting itself by the thrust of it's engines, it's no surprise.

Keep up the funny stuff guys... :rolleyes:
Wombat, you obviously haven't read this topic thread from the start — I sure as hell know what can and can't fly (FYI, bricks can't, e.g. http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?p=2360368#p2360368 ) and “driving” a train has absolutely nothing to do with rocket propulsion or aerodynamics.
Your choice of username seems apt though, a wombat “eats, roots and leaves”, as the joke goes, right? :rolleyes:

Not too cluey about Newton's Laws of Motion either, are you mate? Should have brushed up on it before embarrassing yourself by comparing rolling stock to a rocket launch :lol:
It's especially silly considering that it only takes enough force to overcome the inertia for any mass on wheels to move — even a strongman can pull a 165 ton train, as I've seen before in 'World's Strongest Man' competitions!

Watch this video example: http://www.novafm.com.au/article/strongman-pulls-train

The massive forces acting on a hypothetical shuttle in a rocket launch would be 3 Gs, plus the air resistance (drag) and vibration. [ref http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-force].

What's even more ironic, that ridiculous little bolt/pin depicted in NASA videos that supposedly holds the 'shuttle' and automatically releases, is obviously nowhere near as robust as the couplings that are used on trains — between every car! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janney_coupler

Image Image See also: http://fatfox9.wordpress.com/2009/10/13 ... the-rails/

Here's some vintage fakery of the 'shuttle' Columbia's crew I downloaded from NASA's archives recently to Youtube it — a scripted "media interview" with the crew reciting their cheesy lines (poorly) while supposedly weightless 'in space', January 18, 2003 (13 days before their dramatic 'termination'):

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j476J-XVLwo

Watch the 'self-propelled' microphone (at 0:39s into the above video)

NASA defies Newton's 1st Law of motion. Image

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: posts which followed re 'wombats' have been moved here ;) — Maat
Libero

Unread post by Libero »

My apologies if this has been posted previously, but I found it to be a very entertaining 6 minutes of cinematography. It's a birds eye video view of a ride back down to earth from one of the Space Shuttle solid rocket boosters once they have detached. The 30 second mark to 1:50 mark is especially entertaining as the boosters should win a medal for the best synchronized falling team, never mind that the camera just happened to catch it all. The parachute deployment is special as well and it probably explains how it can magically perform its duties every time on any planet :) . For some reason, on Earth as opposed to Mars, it takes 3 for maximum slowing power though.

I could swear that the sound effects that accompany the video are a dead ringer to a game called Myst that I played at a younger age.

http://www.nasa.gov/mp4/157765main_srbiPod.mp4
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

Libero wrote:My apologies if this has been posted previously, but I found it to be a very entertaining 6 minutes of cinematography. It's a birds eye video view of a ride back down to earth from one of the Space Shuttle solid rocket boosters once they have detached. The 30 second mark to 1:50 mark is especially entertaining as the boosters should win a medal for the best synchronized falling team, never mind that the camera just happened to catch it all. The parachute deployment is special as well and it probably explains how it can magically perform its duties every time on any planet :) . For some reason, on Earth as opposed to Mars, it takes 3 for maximum slowing power though.

I could swear that the sound effects that accompany the video are a dead ringer to a game called Myst that I played at a younger age.

Great find, Libero! That's "special" all right :blink: The sound effects are so ridiculous — the last part sounds like someone whacking a stick around a water barrel in a tin shed :lol:

Here is the same vid on Youtube:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8azRu2stO4
lux

Unread post by lux »

One of NASA's corniest fake "disaster" pieces: "Last Moments Columbia Crew"

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIJiW8d_c68
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

Libero wrote:My apologies if this has been posted previously, but I found it to be a very entertaining 6 minutes of cinematography. It's a birds eye video view of a ride back down to earth from one of the Space Shuttle solid rocket boosters once they have detached. The 30 second mark to 1:50 mark is especially entertaining as the boosters should win a medal for the best synchronized falling team, never mind that the camera just happened to catch it all. The parachute deployment is special as well and it probably explains how it can magically perform its duties every time on any planet :) . For some reason, on Earth as opposed to Mars, it takes 3 for maximum slowing power though.

yes excellent find! and obviously anyone can tell that this video comes from the NASA website. However you should include a link to the page you took this from, so that we can see it in its context and also be able to retrace your research.
Libero

Unread post by Libero »

nonhocapito wrote:

yes excellent find! and obviously anyone can tell that this video comes from the NASA website. However you should include a link to the page you took this from, so that we can see it in its context and also be able to retrace your research.

nonhocapito,

I originally spotted this video on youtube and my desire was to source it back to NASA to make sure there was no funny stuff involved. I actually found the direct link above from a google search pointing to it. It was a challenging one to find, but here is the link on the NASA page that launches the video.

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/podcasti ... cript.html
fbenario

What a silly picture.

Early laptop designer Moggridge dies at 69

Early laptop designer Bill Moggridge dies at 69; computer used by military, NASA in 1980s

NEW YORK (AP) -- Bill Moggridge, a British industrial designer who designed an early portable computer with the flip-open shape that is common today, has died. He was 69.

The Smithsonian's Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum said Moggridge, its director since 2010, died on Saturday from cancer.

Moggridge is credited with the design of the Grid Compass, a computer that had a keyboard and yellow-on-black display that sold for $8,150[!] when it was released in 1982. It was encased in magnesium and seen as rugged, and was used by the U.S. military.

The computer made its way into outer space aboard the Space Shuttle Discovery in 1985.

Although there were many portable computers being developed around that time, Grid Systems Corp. won the patent for the clamshell design with the foldable screen hinged toward the back of the machine, said Alex Bochannek, a curator at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, Calif.
Until that point, portable computers resembled portable sewing machines that weighed more than 20 pounds and had a big handle, he said.
A co-founder of design consultancy firm IDEO, Moggridge authored the books "Designing Interactions," which was published in 2006, and "Designing Media," published in 2010.

"Beloved by the museum staff and the design community at large, Bill touched the lives of so many through his wise council, boundary-pushing ideas and cheerful camaraderie," said Caroline Baumann, associate director of the museum, in a statement.

http://news.yahoo.com/early-laptop-desi ... 10442.html
fbenario

whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by whatsgoingon »

Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »