Costa Concordia incident, Friday 13 Jan 2012

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
fbenario

Re: Costa Concordia

Unread post by fbenario »

nonhocapito wrote:As to digital fakery: Established that the boat is in a location where everyone can see it so it is impossible for the entire boat to be a digital concoction
Did I miss something somewhere? Why are any of you assuming this 'actually happened', and that there actually is a capsized boat in the water anywhere, much less here? If so many people can see it, why are the images only taken from a couple of angles/perspectives? Why are you all assuming the photographers are honest, real, trustworthy private citizens? Do we have any trustworthy eyewitness reports from people living on the island?

Why is this forum so quick to believe all the media reports? Where is the needed skepticism we've all taught each other to apply over the last two years with this forum?

For what little my impression on this is worth, the possibly fake boat looks "too big" to me, like a silly toy boat capsized in a bathtub, with a lot of CGI scenery shooped into some of the images.
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

fbenario wrote:
nonhocapito wrote:As to digital fakery: Established that the boat is in a location where everyone can see it so it is impossible for the entire boat to be a digital concoction
Did I miss something somewhere? Why are any of you assuming this 'actually happened', and that there actually is a capsized boat in the water anywhere, much less here? If so many people can see it, why are the images only taken from a couple of angles/perspectives? Why are you all assuming the photographers are honest, real, trustworthy private citizens? Do we have any trustworthy eyewitness reports from people living on the island?

Why is this forum so quick to believe all the media reports? Where is the needed skepticism we've all taught each other to apply over the last two years with this forum?

For what little my impression on this is worth, the possibly fake boat looks "too big" to me, like a silly toy boat capsized in a bathtub, with a lot of CGI scenery shooped into some of the images.
Slow down a second there, dear fbenario. Maybe you should read previous posts before you blame the whole forum.
My opinion is that the boat is really there because it is in front of a small town on a small island where at least 1000 people normally live. The island is not a military island, nor a starving poor community that can be paid off, but rather a well-off tourist attraction where reasonably free citizens live and thrive. Anyone, i imagine, can take a ferry and get there and see the ship for her or himself, as Porto Santo Stefano in Tuscany is not far away. And the ship will be probably there for weeks or months for everyone to see.
Maybe it is my lack of imagination, but I don't see how complete fakery could be handled in this case. If you can give us an idea of how do you think it could work, I am obviously open to any other interpretations of the event.
At the moment, as I explained in a previous post, I simply work on the hypothesis that the ship really sunk there. All the while, I assure you, my skepticism rests intact.
Sorry if the word "established" made it sound as something official. It is just an exercise of logic on my part.

p.s. tickets to Giglio island can be bought online. I might be wrong, but if they sell tickets, I assume they won't stop people from embarking on the ferry and getting there.
whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by whatsgoingon »

Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Terence.drew wrote:
nonhocapito wrote: what we are told so far is that the final position of the ship was reached because captain Schettino dropped the anchor from the opposite side from the hole, in order to swing around the boat closer to the coast (the boat was sailing in the opposite direction from what we see it facing now). Doing so, he apparently also managed to pull the boat down from the intact side, and have the hole come to the surface, preventing more water to fill the boat
I see man thanks I hadn't seen that. There does seem to be a dangling chain or something coming from the fore of the ship on the side it capsizes in the few evening pictures that exist.
Sorry guys, but IF we are to believe the avaliable imagery, that story sounds ridiculously implausible. Once again, I'd say this is a case of absurd/impossible physics (or hydrodynamics, I suppose) - but maybe our ship expert Heiwa can weigh in on this in more detail?

Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

This is interesting!
I assume the incident took place and that the footage is real. Thus no 911 psy-op or similar.
Above we see the ship afloat (not aground!) and at anchor very close to shore after the grounding. The ship lists to starboard, towards the shore, and the damage port aft side is above water. Only engine rooms aft are flooded and the ship has survived the grounding some hours earlier. I assume the Master ordered ship to be ballasted to heel to starboard and get damage above water. I have myself added such emergency procedures to similar ships (in case of collisions).

Thus on above photo the ship floats safely, albeit with a small list, and evacuation by lifeboats is possible. And that should have been an end to the drama! No sinking! :rolleyes: :)

BUT - something went seriously wrong later. :o During the night the ship, which most people incl. Master had then left, suddenly listed to 90° starboard (as seen on the Italian Coastguard video linked to above). Why is that? It would appear the watertight doors in the hull were opened, water spread from the flooded engine rooms aft to dry spaces forward and stability was suddenly completely lost - capsize! - and the ship came to rest sideways on the rocks. And first then the vessel started to sink completely as seen on later pictures taken at dawn, etc.

I doubt Hollywood would have imagined something like above. It could only happen at sea!
simonshack
Administrator

Thanks Heiwa,

But could you kindly comment in more detail about these images I posted in a previous post of mine?

Here's an alleged infrared video of the nighttime rescue operations:
http://video.repubblica.it/dossier/nauf ... 5900?video

The next morning... http://www.rnw.nl/espanol/article/firma ... o-italiano

And another image :

Thanks, Heiwa! I am sure you can see what baffles me (hint: the various tilts/angles and 'floating levels' of the ship).
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

How did the ship end up as shown above (with an offer of a (mare)dream holiday)?
After grounding/port side ripped open, engine rooms flooded, etc, Italian Master brought damaged but stable, floating vessel alongside shore and all passengers and most crew left ship via lifeboats. Some passengers/crew were still on ship. It seems Master went ashore for some reasons and left command aboard to his senior officers there. To me that sounds like good seamanship.

However, during night the damaged but floating and stable ship suddenly capsized - lost its stability - and heeled 90° to starboard/shore - and started to sink. Why is that? I assume watertight doors were opened, water flooded, dry, empty compartments, etc, etc. I describe the drama at http://heiwaco.tripod.com/news8.htm
nonhocapito

A couple of other interesting absurd little "facts":

Repubblica.it features a series of pictures taken by one official of the municipality of Giglio island. Name of the official? Lisa Cameron Smith. (For the distracted reader, James Cameron was the director of Titanic). <_<

The series of 11 pictures taken by Cameron Smith can be seen here: http://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2012/0 ... ref=HREA-1
They show the boats leaving the ship, but it seems hard to imagine that this is how 3,000 people left the Concordia. Each boat carries, we are told, around 100 passengers. There are 13 boats on each side of the ship. And the boats on the other side could not be used.

Always repubblica.it has the list of the missing people. Lots of germans, few italians and french, and a couple of americans. Name of the americans?
Heil Barbara and Heil Gerald. For some reason this made me immediately think of George Bush senior.
simonshack
Administrator

nonhocapito wrote: but it seems hard to imagine that this is how 3,000 people left the Concordia.
3000? Am I missing something here, Nonho? I thought they were supposed to be 4200? :huh:
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

It seems 4000+ persons suddenly invaded the island ... but where did they stay then? And where did they eat. And how did they go to the mainland and back home? What did Costa Cruises do for all these people that had lost all belongings/money/ID papers, etc., aboard? Were they just sent back home ... bye, bye??
whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by whatsgoingon »

Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
nonhocapito

simonshack wrote:
nonhocapito wrote: but it seems hard to imagine that this is how 3,000 people left the Concordia.
3000? Am I missing something here, Nonho? I thought they were supposed to be 4200? :huh:
That's right, Simon... I was being conservative allowing for 1,000 something people, supposedly crew members, to have hypothetically left from the other side, after the ship had finished tilting, as showed in the infamous infrared video (how all those people climbed to the other side of this giant ship?).

But: even allowing for this to have happened, it is clear that the boats could not welcome 3,000 and more passengers, thus we should hear tales of hundreds of people ending into the waters, or, conversely, of hundreds of victims.

No, this story isn't right. We are being taken for a ride.
I am aching to get there myself and see with my own eyes, although it is quite far from where I am, and I don't think I'd be able before a week or more... and by then they could have enacted the complete sinking of the boat due to rough seas...
nonhocapito

whatsgoingon wrote:'Titanic theme tune played in onboard restaurant as Costa Concordia started to keel over', claim Swiss brothers'
Two Swiss brothers have 'revealed' how the theme tune from the film Titanic, starring Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio (pictured) was playing on the Costa Concordia as it struck rocks and started to keel over.
http://www.onenewspage.co.uk/n/Front+Pa ... ant-as.htm

The media is all over this one and the coincidences are too intense for my tiny mind to comprehend that they are "real" coincidences. I am into the total PsyOp camp now. :lol:
Yes the coincidences are nauseating. Monti is meeting with UK prime minister right now, whose name is, er... Cameron.

As we all know, the UK is getting out of the treaty, basically leaving the EU out in the lurch. This is a little out there, but I wouldn't be surprised if the enactment of a titanic-style tragedy served specifically to put the name "Cameron" into this story. Cameron as the "director" of the tragedy...
simonshack
Administrator

"SATELLITE PICTURES OF THE COSTA CONCORDIA"

We now have satellite pictures of the Concordia, folks! http://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2012/0 ... 8354270/1/

This is a bit crappy / out of focus. But you know, satellites are very far up in the sky!

This one is wonderful. Ok, so - after all, let's admire the photographic sharpness of satellite pictures! :lol:

Can we now please get similarly crisp photographs of the APOLLO scrap left on the moon's surface?
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

nonhocapito wrote:No, this story isn't right. We are being taken for a ride.
I am aching to get there myself and see with my own eyes, although it is quite far from where I am, and I don't think I'd be able before a week or more... and by then they could have enacted the complete sinking of the boat due to rough seas...
I'll drive. I am at Ventimiglia. Where are you? Milano, Bologna? I'll pick you up and we drive down together. Maybe Simon will join from Roma?