Fakery in Orbit: THE I$$

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
lux

Re: ENDEAVOUR - and the spaced-out NASA efforts

Unread post by lux »

nonhocapito wrote:
The hypothesis of the water is interesting, certainly there are algorithms that can take care of the bubbles even in real time with amazing results. The only problem that I have is with other scenes where we have astronauts talking and interacting in ways that exclude the presence of water. In those cases the problem must be solved some other way, and it seems redundant to have so many ways to take care of the same problem.
Yes, I agree and I had the same reservation since other ISS videos don't look like they were shot in a fluid environment and my musings may be completely off base. However, I think the comment regarding "so many ways" is not necessarily a factor since we're only talking about one additional way for a total of maybe 2 or 3 ways which is not so many.

They may also use a combination of techniques together at the same time. As an illustration of what I mean, look a this scene from the movie "The Bucket List" which supposedly shows Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman skydiving but was apparently done with "digital head transplants" :

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RIOFzhufm8

That is, the real actors are not really in the falling part of the scene -- only their heads are substituted digitally with the real stunt doubles who are actually doing the skydiving. It's pretty obvious that's what's going on here -- perhaps intentionally obvious so as not to give away that more realistic versions of the same thing are being used on the public for propaganda purposes.

Also, in a real skydiving scenario we wouldn't be able to hear anyone talking as the wind noise would be too great so their voices are also being overlaid into the scene.

I guess what I'm getting at is that in the ISS videos we may be seeing composites of various techniques combined to give the desired effect -- for example, bodies floating in a liquid along with digital head/voice "transplants" as a composite video plus digital touch-ups to remove giveaways such as bubbles, etc.

Of course, this is pure speculation on my part. I'm just suggesting it as a possibility.
Terence.drew

Unread post by Terence.drew »

nonhocapito wrote:
I think it is obvious that the video, since it was featured in a mass pop concert, was largely edited in post-production in an "official" way, to make it more appealing for the U2 public.

So, just like the golden, unchanging background is not supposed to be a real background, but it is a "special effect", so the "interferences" are nothing but transitions between cuts that can have whatever explanation due to the various stages in which the shots may have been filmed. They are not supposed to be "real" interferences in term of fakery, but just some embellishment for the occasion.

Obviously I am not saying this to relieve in any way the faked nature of this video, but just to discern between different levels of alteration.
hmmmm. I think all the footage is largely edited in post-production. Is the Naudet footage largely edited in post production too? An embellishment for their film?
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

An interesting point from Terrence; it would probably make more sense that the scenes are fictitious from the start. Plain old planned special effects tricks with modern day trickery.
Ajasin

Unread post by Ajasin »

Considering the state of CGI today, it is pretty much impossible to tell what is real and what is done in some Hollywood studio.
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

terrence.drew wrote:hmmmm. I think all the footage is largely edited in post-production. Is the Naudet footage largely edited in post production too? An embellishment for their film?
Hoi.polloi wrote:An interesting point from Terrence; it would probably make more sense that the scenes are fictitious from the start. Plain old planned special effects tricks with modern day trickery.
Sure, they probably like it when the line between reality and fiction is lost. But is NASA really telling us that those interferences and that background are real? I doubt it.
We are in the context of a big-production world tour that obviously requires particular re-branding of all visual elements. We gotta separate the two moments.

Something like this:

step 1: the nasa fakery team puts together a video of kelly that moves the letters around;
the video looks just like all the other crap from the ISS we know. No interferences (certainly not so macroscopic), nor the golden unchanging background. Maybe a few "cuts" to pretend that kelly didn't have all the time in the world to be filmed doing this. The U2 people is not required to spot fakery at this stage.

step 2: the video is given to the U2 concert people, let's say their video editing team that:

1) adds the fake interferences;
2) turns the background (supposedly of the earth going by or something) into the "golden hour" background.
3) probably adds much of the cropping-zooming-panning that we see.

Even if the whole thing was produced in one studio by the same people (very possible), they would still give us a story similar to the above as official explanation: they would never pretend that the background or the interferences are real: so there isn't much of a point in "exposing" them, as if officially belonging to reality.

The video has been embellished to appeal to the public during a concert. This does not negates the fakery nor makes any exception, it just adds a layer of manipulation that, in this particular case, borrows from the "suggestive" manipulative nature of NASA, but does not pretend to be part of that "reality".
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

More nonsense from the U2-NASA alliance:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciHVOGCHpNE

It seems clear that this propaganda band has been instructed to push the space hoax a little deeper into young people's minds. Maybe there is a purpose to this soon to be unveiled -- or maybe it is just a convergence of interests. Enterprises full shit tend to find each other. <_<
AnonymousTruther2

Unread post by AnonymousTruther2 »

This is Alex Jones explanation (with George Noory) of Apollo Missions, UFOs and more...
The good part is his rapid explanation of fakery about the moon and why they did it :lol:
Between 0:29 to 2:00

From 4:55 to 12:42, for pure NASA propaganda purposes, Alex Jones starts to talk about a story with Buzz Aldrin at Charlie Sheen house, and George Noory replies with Buzz the "Great American" who risks his life" and the "idiocy" of the fake moon landings, following about UFOs on the Moon psyop and much more propaganda that I won't even name... :wacko:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am1GX_zFhvQ
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Art Bell may have been some FBI/CIA/Hollywood-connected asset or merely bumped into the intelligence world on accident, like we did with the Jersey Girls and "traumatized family members", but George Noory takes the cake for pushing his agenda on every show, buddying up with Alex Jones and defending the official conspiracy narrative.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

From The Daily Mash, the English version of The Onion.
NASA abandons search for intelligent life on Earth

"SCIENTISTS monitoring the airwaves for signs of intelligent life on planet Earth have finally given up, it has emerged.

Staff at NASA's California monitoring station had spent the last three decades scanning this planet's electronic media output for signs of anything not shit.

A NASA spokesman said: “As much as we all wanted it to be true, it sadly appears there is pretty much nothing but soil-brained idiocy emanating from Earth's airwaves.
"This planet is a vacuous nightmare of teenage vampires, celebrity sex tapes and energy drinks called things like Grunt."

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/scie ... 111094523/
lux

Unread post by lux »

Wasn't Noory the guy who first "vouched" for Bob Lazar's tales?
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Then, I stumbled upon this article - http://www.webspawner.com/users/shuttlehoax/ by one Greg Alexander. Don't know anything about him but...what do I know about anything, really? :P

The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a hoax!

As impossible as it may sound at first, and I have been studying this phenomena for several years now, but it would appear that the International Space Station (ISS) and the Space Shuttle are a complete hoax. I have managed to prove this by directly viewing the ISS through a privately owned telescope (a Newtonian of 6 inch aperture at low magnification and using manual tracking). On every occasion I have viewed the ISS, and I am an experienced observer, a perfectly round object is revealed presenting no angular projections whatsoever. This entirely goes against what we have officially been told regarding the exact configuration of the ISS which could loosely be described as shaped somewhat like an ‘aeroplane’.

Knowing the quoted altitude of this object (the ISS) and estimating its approximate apparent diameter by comparing it with the apparent diameter of the planet Saturn at the time (excluding its rings), I was able to calculate its absolute diameter as being somewhere around 40 metres. A perfectly round man-made object of this size in space could only be a balloon that has been inflated in orbit. Such experimental balloon satellites were officially launched in the early 1960’s (e.g. Echo 1 and 2).

But the question is how could the Space Shuttle ever dock with a balloon? It is possible that the Space Shuttle isn’t real either and there is ample evidence to suggest that this is in fact the case. For example the Earth’s sky during the daytime glows a bright blue colour as a result of the scattering of light. But this blue colour should be just as visible from space as it is from the ground as the light in question is by necessity scattered in all directions. Yet most of the photographic and video images of the Earth taken from the ISS and Shuttle don’t show this blue glow which should appear as a blue fog clouding out much of the detail on the Earth’s surface below. In fact most of these images would suggest that the Earth’s atmosphere were completely transparent in this regard. Yet despite the absence of this blue glow we can still see blue coloured oceans which according to the opinion of some obtain their colour from the very same blue sky glow.

I believe the images supposedly taken on board the Space Shuttle in orbit were actually filmed in an underwater film studio and possibly the same Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory specially built for the Space Shuttle astronauts to do their training in. Indeed the footage shows loose appendages and insulation foil swaying about as if being moved by currents of water. Also small white dots are sometimes seen shooting off the side of the Shuttle in straight lines and at a constant velocity which could well represent rising air bubbles as there is no way in the vacuum of space that any loose debris could leave the side of the Space Shuttle in such a manner.

In addition to this and despite the fact that we are told that the Space Shuttle performs an unpowered landing, i.e. it glides, video footage taken from both outside and inside of the Shuttle on landing appears to betray what is clearly background engine noise. Besides how could a delta winged aircraft with such a weight to wingspan ratio possibly glide anyway? Further night time landings when viewed from the rear of the Shuttle reveal peculiar red lights directly inside the rocket combustion chambers mounted at the rear of the craft. What are these, landing lights? I strongly doubt it. These lights would also indicate that the Shuttle’s engines are actually running on landing.

It is also evidently the case that NASA scientists have not been entirely honest when it comes to the immediate hazards presented to spacecraft by the space environment. For example the Earth’s upper atmosphere is comprised largely of ionized atomic oxygen at temperatures at times approaching 1,400°C. This gas apparently produces a noticeable drag factor for spacecraft such as the ISS which has to be re-boosted every three months or so. But this gas in reality would be more corrosive than any acid found in an Earth laboratory such as hydrofluoric acid which easily corrodes glass.

Further the Sun’s spectrum of radiative output (assuming it to be a blackbody of a temperature of 5,770 Kelvin) contains ultraviolet light possessing the required quantum energy to break open not only every organic bond known to man but every inorganic bond known to man as well. The Sun's UV is able to ionize atomic oxygen within the Earth's upper atmosphere forming the ionosphere, and of course the energy required to ionize a gas is significantly higher than any bond energy you can think of. Obviously at the higher frequencies and at the Earth’s distance from the Sun, the flux density of this radiation is comparatively weaker than the radiation within the visible spectrum. However the effects of this high frequency radiation are nevertheless cumulative. Space suits would blacken and glass would become ‘smoked’ in appearance as the hours or even minutes passed by.

In my mind it is only too apparent who the perpetrators of this monumental fraud are. At the end of World War II Nazi scientists were taken to both the United States and the Soviet Union as part of Operation Paperclip. It were these same scientists who ultimately made up the chief executive at NASA. The first director of the Kennedy Space Center, Kurt Debus, was an ex-Nazi; the founder of the science of exobiology (the study of the possibility of life on Mars or elsewhere in the Universe), Hubertus Strughold, (whose experiments on live humans during the War at Dachau concentration camp often proved fatal) was an ex-Nazi; and the designer of the Saturn V, Wernher von Braun was Hilter’s leading rocket scientist who built the V-2.

I believe that these ex-Nazis were clearly not to be trusted and like other ‘stay behind’ Nazi operatives after the war, they actively conspired from the outset to do damage to the US government. They were directly putting into practice Hitler’s famous saying concerning the power of propaganda, “The bigger the lie, the more believable it is.” I also believe these bogus space endeavours represent a ‘plant’ from which further operations could be launched against the anti-Nazi United States possibly assisted by an international league of Nazis in hiding rescued by the Vatican’s notorious ‘ratlines’ at the end of the war.
I think I love the quote "these bogus space endeavours" ^_^
lux

Unread post by lux »

^ Excellent!

I especially like this:
I believe the images supposedly taken on board the Space Shuttle in orbit were actually filmed in an underwater film studio and possibly the same Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory specially built for the Space Shuttle astronauts to do their training in. Indeed the footage shows loose appendages and insulation foil swaying about as if being moved by currents of water. Also small white dots are sometimes seen shooting off the side of the Shuttle in straight lines and at a constant velocity which could well represent rising air bubbles as there is no way in the vacuum of space that any loose debris could leave the side of the Space Shuttle in such a manner.
As I posted earlier I believe at least part of the U2/Mark Kelly propaganda piece was shot underwater.
upstream

Unread post by upstream »

This U2 thing got me interested in other celebrities who push the space agenda.

Remember former boy band popstar Lance Bass?

In August 2002, Bass entered cosmonaut training in Star City, Russia.[14] Bass was originally supposed to be the host of a space competition show to be entitled The Big Mission, in which several contestants would go through rigorous training in order to win a seat on a Russian Soyuz space capsule. However, the game show concept fell apart when the producers of the show decided it would be a much better idea to shoot a documentary of a celebrity actually training and going into space, and airing it on a major network. The producers came up with the idea of using Bass when, while sitting with a friend and discussing the space project, the friend's daughter shouted out, "Lance Bass wants to go into space!" The girl, who was an 'N Sync fan, learned of Bass's lifelong dream of space travel when she read it in an online chat, and suggested Bass to the producers.[14]

In order to be admitted into training, Bass agreed to undergo heart surgery to correct a type of cardiac arrhythmia, which was discovered in 1999 when he collapsed after a concert.[54] After several months of training, Bass received cosmonaut certification and was scheduled to fly into space on the Soyuz TMA-1 mission that was to be launched on October 30, 2002. The capsule was scheduled to fly to the International Space Station and land in a desert in Kazakhstan.[5]

Several months before Bass was scheduled to fly, the original deal to air the documentary about Bass fell through. Bass's camp turned to MTV, who initially agreed to sponsor the trip but then backed out over "payment, insurance, and indemnification issues".[14] Shortly after, all of Bass's other sponsorships fell through, including one sponsor that pulled out because they worried about the image of their brand possibly being tarnished if Bass were to die on the mission.[14] Bass was eventually rejected from the program, and was replaced on the flight by Russian cosmonauts Yuri Lonchakov, Sergei Zalyotin and Belgium’s Frank De Winne.[6]

Space advocacy

In 2003, Bass began serving as World Space Week's Youth Spokesman.[14] Bass has stated that he believes young people becoming more interested in space exploration "will help the future of our planet".[55] From 2003 to 2005, Bass spent World Space Week traveling to American high schools speaking with students about space exploration and encouraging them to explore careers in the fields of science and mathematics.[17] Bass is a member of the National Space Society, a non-profit educational space advocacy organization founded by Dr. Wernher Von Braun.[17] Bass has served on the National Space Society's Board of Governors since October 2004, alongside other space advocates such as actor Tom Hanks and author and futurist Sir Arthur C. Clarke.[17] In a 2007 interview with GQ magazine, Bass stated that he "absolutely" still intends on going to space, and that he hopes to work on a space documentary.[26] Bass has also retained fluency in Russian, which he was required to learn during his training.[56]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lance_Bass

Was supposed to go into space but the plan "fell through". How unfortunate...

Partners with Tom Hanks, eh? What's up with him...
Tom Hanks is an interesting character in this media fakery game.

Other credits from Tom Hanks full of propaganda and/or "explaining" our reality and its events:

Forrest Gump (1994) - Acclaimed movie telling us what happened from the 60's to 90's.
Apollo 13 (1995) - Acclaimed movie about space exploration/the moon
Saving Private Ryan (1998) - Acclaimed movie propagandizing WWII
From Earth to the Moon (1998) - Space documentary
Band of Brothers (2001) - Acclaimed tv series propagandizing WWII
Freedom: A History of Us (2003) - TV series propagandizing the "official" "history of the United States
Magnificent Desolation: Walking on the Moon 3D (2005) - Yes another space documentary :rolleyes:
Da Vinci Code (2006) - Religious propaganda
Angels and Demons (2007) - Religious propaganda
Charlie Wilson's War (2009) - Afghanistan/"War on Terror" propaganda and limited hangout
The Pacific (2010) - Acclaimed tv series propagandizing WWII

But he seems like such a good guy... :rolleyes:

Not just another Hollywood paid whore. Lump this magoo-ish chump in with Buscemi, Crystal, and De Niro as active participants in this fakery "game". Seems to have a specific hard-on for the moon bs.
http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... s#p2360190

And Sir Arthur Clarke?

Clarke's first venture into film was the Stanley Kubrick directed 2001: A Space Odyssey. Kubrick and Clarke had met in New York City in 1964 to discuss the possibility of a collaborative film project. As the idea developed, it was decided that the story for the film was to be loosely based on Clarke's short story "The Sentinel", written in 1948 as an entry in a BBC short story competition. Originally, Clarke was going to write the screenplay for the film, but Kubrick suggested during one of their brainstorming meetings that before beginning on the actual script, they should let their imaginations soar free by writing a novel first, upon which the film would be based. "This is more or less the way it worked out, though toward the end, novel and screenplay were being written simultaneously, with feedback in both directions. Thus I rewrote some sections after seeing the movie rushes -- a rather expensive method of literary creation, which few other authors can have enjoyed."[80] The novel ended up being published a few months after the release of the movie.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_C._Clarke

Just the guy (along with Kubrick) who shaped the image of space and space travel onto film, and into the minds of the public. No big deal.
lux

Unread post by lux »

By way of comparison ...
Chinese Space Walk Filmed in Water, Say Chinese Bloggers

Virtually every eyeball in China was on the launch of Chinese spacecraft Shenzhou VII, just as the Chinese regime wanted. But among those eyeballs were many observant ones—maybe too observant for the Chinese Communist Party’s liking.

Chinese state-run media called the Shenzhou VII mission “a historic moment.” However, online bloggers have pointed out physics-defying phenomena in the news footage of its space walk that suggest the whole operation was filmed not in space, but under water.

Bubbles in Space?

Two seconds into the video from CCTV, bubble-like objects rose from the hatch as it sprung open. At 5 min 49 second, a bubble attached to the astronaut’s helmet. At 6 min 42 seconds, bubbles swiftly came out of the cabin. On the left corner of the video, bubbles gushed out at an angle at 7 min 17 seconds into the video.
Source:
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1528977 ... -bloggers/
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

simonshack wrote:*
Then, I stumbled upon this article - http://www.webspawner.com/users/shuttlehoax/ by one Greg Alexander...
Great finds Simon! The Kennedy Space Center via Google Earth are astronomically stoopid paste jobs Image

Good one too, Upstream, on the Sci-Fi, movie, celeb input & Lux re the Chinese chuckles version :D

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMxQEHfU6hM

From 1:14 watch the reflection in the guy's left wrist object (mirror-like rectangle), how can it reflect the "Earth" which is supposed to be behind him? :blink: Weird lighting & camera angles.

This guy points out the obvious fakery, bubbles etc. but evidently still believes the US & Russian ones were real :rolleyes:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBL98p0wZ7g

American TV shows & Hollywood have influenced everything, even China! :lol:

@ http://jacob1207.wordpress.com/2008/09/ ... star-trek/

@ http://gluer.newgrounds.com/news/post/252256