SUGGESTION BOX (for Admin action)

How to register at Cluesforum / General administrative topics / and things that every member must read

Re: SUGGESTION BOX (for Admin action)

Postby JLapage on February 16th, 2016, 3:44 pm

simonshack wrote:*
As for ShaneG getting banned (which I admit was perhaps overly harsh of me), here's what triggered this action of mine:
ShaneG wrote:Flat Earth Clues by Mark Sargent might be disinformation; it might also be a case of misinformation - just like the bits in September Clues where it talks about all the people dying, and the possible energy weapon used (or was it missiles?). The point I'm trying to make is that it'd be rich to think that September Clues is something pure that should be defended against certain associations.

"Where it talks about all the people dying?" :huh: "Possible energy weapon used"? :huh: "Missiles"? :huh:
Well, for someone like ShaneG (a member since late 2013) to write such nonsense was a bit too much for me, that's all.

I think Shane G might have referred to one of your earlier theories (in the September clues movie) on what might have brought down the towers. If I remember correctly you did theorize that missiles might have been used to bring down the towers. I think you later retracted that possibility. I haven't seen the movie in a while now so I might be mistaken. Correct me if I am incorrect.
JLapage

Postby simonshack on February 16th, 2016, 5:11 pm

Just a last, lighthearted thought ICfreely. When you say that...

ICfreely wrote:I'm not promoting, or pining away for a 'revolution' of any sort so it's a moot point.

... I find it a bit sad. I mean, dammit - what true freethinker's life is worth living if you don't aspire / yearn for / pursue drastic 'revolutionary' goals - however dreamy & utopian they may be? :)

As my old song "One Day"(2005) goes:

"D'you know that one day, we will turn the world upside down?
"D'you know that one day, we will clean the world - inside out?"

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9UieOc-Px4
(uploaded on YT by Riccardo - one of the first guitarists of my band - 'The Social Service')

JLapage,
it wasn't so much for ShaneG's 'missiles' quote (an early / flawed hypothesis unfortunately still embedded in SC - the movie) as for the (utterly senseless) mention of "possible energy weapon" and the "talks about all people dying". Besides, I can't even remember how many times I have reiterated on this forum my retraction of my early, innocently naive and speculative missile hypothesis.
simonshack
Administrator

Postby JLapage on February 16th, 2016, 6:53 pm

simonshack wrote:*****************************
JLapage,
it wasn't so much for ShaneG's 'missiles' quote (an early / flawed hypothesis unfortunately still embedded in SC - the movie) as for the (utterly senseless) mention of "possible energy weapon" and the "talks about all people dying". Besides, I can't even remember how many times I have reiterated on this forum my retraction of my early, innocently naive and speculative missile hypothesis.

Yes I know that you have retracted this speculation about the missile. I hope you have already placed such a retraction in the description of the video or better yet make a retraction in a blurb inside the video.
JLapage

Postby ICfreely on February 17th, 2016, 12:11 am

simonshack wrote:Since you mention ShaneG, let me quote one of the best lines he ever wrote here - addressed, as it is, to Painterman:

ShaneG wrote:It's fine that you think my posts are low content controversy, but what you're forgetting is that for a forum to thrive it needs different viewpoints (within reason) to generate discussion.

Fair point, Simon! But if memory serves, ShaneG (to his credit) neither fronted nor perpetrated. By that I mean he didn't opine ad nauseum about 'junk science' and the 'Scientific Method.' He didn't constantly 'caution' us about the dangers of doubt and uncertainty. Painterman, Mr. Shack, is no ShaneG!
ICfreely

Postby ICfreely on February 17th, 2016, 1:00 am

A while back Steve O dropped the “C” Word in relation to the Protocols. You (Lead Paint) say avoid controversy, I say…

Do I believe in God? Do I believe in me? Let me tell ya...
Some people want to die so they can be free
(I said) Life is just a game, we're all just the same...don't ya want to play?
Controversy Controversy Controversy Controversy

--Prince, Controversy
ICfreely

Postby JLapage on March 13th, 2016, 9:02 pm

I believe the member fubarfuthark was banned in a rushed manner. I believe he has a lot to contribute. He made a small mistake in that thread on Mathematics and CM banned him. He should be given a chance. If you read carefully what he has contributed in his short stay you will see for yourself that he is quite an interesting person who has a lot of substance. The way he was treated is quite unfair. Please correct your errors.
JLapage

Postby simonshack on March 13th, 2016, 9:59 pm

JLapage wrote:I believe the member fubarfuthark was banned in a rushed manner. I believe he has a lot to contribute. He made a small mistake in that thread on Mathematics and CM banned him. He should be given a chance. If you read carefully what he has contributed in his short stay you will see for yourself that he is quite an interesting person who has a lot of substance. The way he was treated is quite unfair. Please correct your errors.

Nope - CM did well to suspend fubarfuthark - who actually wrote these words:

fubarfuthark wrote: I dont know if you have noticed but with every new false flag that comes out now, the controlled alternative-media put out their own conspiracy 'media fakery' videos at exactly the same time. For all I know, clues forum is part of this dialectical strategy.

See, I can take criticism - as I've grown a pretty thick skin over the years - but for a forum member to even mildly suggest, in any way or form, that Cluesforum (which is my own, wholly independent 'web space' which I run without ANY outside help to try and restore some sanity in this demented world we live in) is part of some 'dialectical strategy' - goes way beyond the limits of my tolerance. Fuck that.

And no, don't try and tell me that what he 'innocently meant to say' was that Cluesforum is 'unwittingly becoming part of / or being dragged into the dialectic' - just because we... exist - and keep exposing the clowns of this world.

I do not even care to speculate whether fubarfuthark was a 'cutting-edge troll' - or if he just made a 'small mistake'. For a guy of his apparent intellect to write that Cluesforum is part of any sort of "dialectic strategy" is not a 'small mistake'. Make no mistake, JLapage - this place has no time for fools - and no errors have been made on our part.
simonshack
Administrator

Postby Critical Mass on March 14th, 2016, 10:35 am

He undoubtedly is an interesting person and I hope he starts a blog or something however his apparent refusal to proofread his posts coupled with his numerous offensive remarks means I'm confident I made the right decision.

There are loads of forums out there where new posters are perfectly free to speculate whether or not Cluesforum is part of someone elses strategy... additionally I believe such forums tend to be more laissez-faire with their posting standards.
Critical Mass

Postby simonshack on March 17th, 2016, 11:12 am

Dear Hoi,

nice to see you back 'in office' :) - I thoroughly enjoyed your essay and wil comment upon it later.

Just a brief question : some members have recently lamented that our notification button ("Notify me when a reply is posted") doesn't seem to work for them. If I well remember, you and nonhocapito tried to fix that some time ago? I've tried to look into it - but can't seem to figure it out. Would you be able to give it another look yourself? Anyhow, if it can't be fixed due to some major php bug - let us know - thanks!
simonshack
Administrator

Postby hoi.polloi on March 19th, 2016, 1:21 am

Oh, thanks Simon! I still don't have much time to hang around here, honestly! It is like work work work and periodic "down time" for me lately (when I don't want to necessarily have to use my brain). K and I have been sizzling on issue 9 of the Clues Chronicle for weeks now.

However, yes, I will definitely make time somehow to try to figure it out.

About the essay — this is a bit off topic but I would appreciate any critique you have to help me get a cohesive point through. I feel like in its present stage it ended up a bit like a tree with many branches but an awkward trunk. I hope you resonate with it as an artist; it is meant to be an optimistic call for us to use our creativity to make things like — well, like September Clues, and the music of the Social Service, really. B)
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby hoi.polloi on March 19th, 2016, 3:15 am

There are two sets of permissions in phpBB.

The first set is under GENERAL, and includes Board Configuration > Board features. There are two options listed there:

Allow subscribing to topics: (Yes/No)
Allow subscribing to forums: (Yes/No)

Both have already been set to Yes, but I disabled and then reenabled them because, well, sometimes that kind of silly operation works.

In addition, there is a second set of permissions per forum. And those are managed in the user groups and in the forum settings. While "Can subscribe forum" was set to Yes for "Registered Users" (of which we need to make sure each registered user is actually a member) members of the class "Guests" were not allowed to subscribe so I altered their settings. Now, Guests, without being logged in, should be able to "subscribe [to] forum". "Registered Users" already have permission to "subscribe forum" in all the forums I checked so ...

If this hasn't helped yet, we may have to look closer at what is going on.

In fact, how do people sign up to a forum? If it's a matter of making a subscription button or something appear somewhere, it might just be a style/theme thing we overlooked. Right now, I see a "Subscribe" button in the lower left (near the bottom) of threads, when I am logged in.

If a guest is a purely arbitrary click in, and they haven't provided an e-mail address, I am not sure how "subscribe" is then supposed to work. So people have to give legitimate e-mail addresses when they register or it won't function. Also, they may have to "white list" cluesforum.info in their e-mail settings if it appears to come from that domain, etc.

Do we have any further symptoms of this issue documented? I am testing this function by subscribing to the CHAT BOX.
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby simonshack on May 5th, 2016, 11:48 am

Dear Hoi,

What has happened to the below two links posted on your important "FOIA Request for 9/11 Flight Envelopes" thread? viewtopic.php?f=22&t=94

hoi.polloi wrote:The following is a record of my attempts to acquire flight data about the supposed flights which were allegedly hijacked on 9/11.

Edit January 12, 2013:
This is the ultimate result of my FOIA request, in case you didn't care to read the 2-year correspondence.
http://www.cluesforum.info/NARA/

Edit January 13, 2013:
Here is a dedicated micro-site for the FOIA response:
http://www.cluesforum.info/NARA_FOIA/

Thanks for looking into it! :)
simonshack
Administrator

Postby hoi.polloi on May 6th, 2016, 4:16 am

Ugh, thank you for reminding me. Again. I am so sorry I still haven't gotten back to this. This partially has to do with how the information is stored -- on several gigs of DVD-stored data that FOIA sent me.

I need to reupload it which will take several hours. I will put it on my "to-do list" for tomorrow and see how far I can get with it!
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby hoi.polloi on May 7th, 2016, 3:35 pm

Seeing about getting the DVD info onto a USB dongle drive thing and finding a dedicated connection to just upload the works.

Now that I think about it, I think it was over 10 gigs of garbage data they were trying to dump on anyone who would try to sift through it in the public interest. I will make a better introduction post in that thread, too, about what it was all about.
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby Seneca on May 20th, 2016, 10:26 am

Critical Mass, a lot of the videos you posted in "the nuke hoax" are no longer accessible. On this page alone I counted 12. Do you have another link to a video of a conventional explosion forming a mushroom cloud?
Seneca

PreviousNext

Return to HOW TO REGISTER at CLUESFORUM - and other tips