March11-2012 AFGHAN bloody Sunday

Historical insights & thoughts about the world we live in - and the social conditioning exerted upon us by past and current propaganda.
simonshack
Administrator

March11-2012 AFGHAN bloody Sunday

Unread post by simonshack »

Sunday, March 11, 2012
U.S. soldier allegedly opens fire on Afghan villagers

http://photos.twincities.com/2012/03/u- ... s/18398/#6
American opens fire on Afghan villagers, kills 16
"Villagers described cowering in fear as gunshots rang out as a soldier stalked house after house firing on those inside. They said he entered three homes in all and set fire to some of the bodies. Eleven of the dead were from a single family, and nine of the victims were children."
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/mar ... lls-16/?ap
nonhocapito

Re: March11-2012 AFGHAN bloody Sunday

Unread post by nonhocapito »

simonshack wrote:U.S. soldier allegedly opens fire on Afghan villagers

http://photos.twincities.com/2012/03/u- ... s/18398/#6
Wow, there are so many things wrong with this picture!
Why is the body of the child not properly covered? Why the lady has a mic in her hand? Why the children look like they are crying for the benefit of the cameras?
Is this what children do in this situations? <_<

If this picture is real, it is yet another testimony of how stupid and inappropriate the media make everyone look. Yet I like to think that we, the "real" we, do not behave like this: and that we would not be interested to show our dead children to the cameras, nor have our living children cry in front of them.

BTW, the guy out of focus to the left, in foreground, looks really like a superimposed cut-out.
In fact...

From http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?i ... 609.235122
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

I guess that's why they call it "coverage" - it obscures the difference between fact and fiction. Covers it up.

I don't even know why this article should exist but if it's like all the others, there is some more "waldos"/"wallies" in the article that re-emphasize the propaganda perspective.
warriorhun

Unread post by warriorhun »

Dear All,

Don't you sense something fishy going on here? That something is wrong?
I am not talking about fake imagery here, but something else.

Real war does not make good TV. The last thing you want to show in your home propaganda is the gritty reality of war on the ground, how your soldiers suffer or the necessary ugly evil your side is committing against the enemy population. Mounds of dead bodies, raped women and kids, mutilated young men, the lot.
The American leadership must remember things from Vietnam war like My Lai or the famous footage of the napalm bombing of kids, the Media imagery which turned the American audiance against the Vietnam war. That's why they use "embedded" reporters nowdays, which means imagery control and censorship in reality.
So far, seldom if ever did we hear news from Iraq or Afghanistan which make the American side look bad from PR point of view. True, the odd prison torture and street shoot-out got leaked, but because of the mentioned total control I feel these surfaced for specific reasons at specific times.

So, what can be the reason? Why are things like the pissing Americans or the child-killing Americans emerge from an information-controlled war? If it is real, why don't they cover it up, like all the recent war crimes we never heard about (and probably never will) but we can very well imagine?

So, what's your take, what is the motivation behind these stories?
bostonterrierowner

Unread post by bostonterrierowner »

I suspect it can be done to show us how bad things are over there and what the our psychologically-weaker boys might do under long term mind-fuck , war experience .
They may also be performing some predicting programming on us preparing our minds for the future criminals , highly trained , dangerous , ex soldiers who saw too much shit :)
Who knows ?

I totally agree with you WH that they only show on MSM what they want us to see hence there must be some twisted logic behind these "coalition soldiers killing innocent civilians " Media Events regardless of their authenticity . If even they happened for real they give them so much publicity that we must be cautious .

To summarize , the rationale could be :

1. things are so bad over there that we better keep our mentally bent boys in Afghanistan than bring them home :)
2. Our boys are doing hell of a job for these ungreatful locals , seeing their mates killed for a just cause and see only hostility brings them to these horrible acts :)
3.Lets bring our kids home and leave the job to Blackwater , emotionless pros :)
4. Maybe there was too much stories on dead NATO soldiers that they decided to sell "soldier killing locals" event . Americans cant be seen as victims too much :)
5. It is also possible that they are just helping their Afghan puppets to look tough on Americans and improve PR. Now the soldier will be sentenced to death and Karzai will be allowed to throw some shit on NATO heads . Its better to work on a fake event than a real one

hundreds of other reasons
Makkonen

Unread post by Makkonen »

warriorhun wrote:So, what's your take, what is the motivation behind these stories?
Many times media stories seek to polarize people passionately for or against something so that some adjacent, pre-planned agenda can begin or continue in full effect.
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

Makkonen wrote:Many times media stories seek to polarize people passionately for or against something so that some adjacent, pre-planned agenda can begin or continue in full effect.
I tend towards this as the chief interpretation as well (although all have valid points). Often we forget how distraction is above all crucial. The whole purpose of having a giant, centrally-controlled entertainment-news industry is first and foremost to keep us all busy & distracted. And especially when election years approaches, like Makko said "polarized".

Suppose they really aim at creating an alternative, completely fake reality in which to keep us all the time. Underground, or in the yellow submarine if you will. This alternative reality must also have contradictions, and reasons for disgust and indignation, and hits of missed opportunities to reach a better world: otherwise, like "the matrix", it won't work. People with a little bit of rage and a bit of disgust for the system are the most important to control, and you gotta give them something to chew on.

Lastly, another accessory interpretation is that an american soldier (or a group of them ,according to certain interpretations) who kills afghan children creates collective guilt. And that guilt can be capitalized in so many ways. Maybe they want to use these small shocks of guilt and disgust to feed their plans for the artificial protest movement.
Dcopymope
Banned

Unread post by Dcopymope »

bostonterrierowner wrote:I suspect it can be done to show us how bad things are over there and what the our psychologically-weaker boys might do under long term mind-fuck , war experience .
They may also be performing some predicting programming on us preparing our minds for the future criminals , highly trained , dangerous , ex soldiers who saw too much shit :)
Who knows ?

I totally agree with you WH that they only show on MSM what they want us to see hence there must be some twisted logic behind these "coalition soldiers killing innocent civilians " Media Events regardless of their authenticity . If even they happened for real they give them so much publicity that we must be cautious .

To summarize , the rationale could be :

1. things are so bad over there that we better keep our mentally bent boys in Afghanistan than bring them home :)
2. Our boys are doing hell of a job for these ungreatful locals , seeing their mates killed for a just cause and see only hostility brings them to these horrible acts :)
3.Lets bring our kids home and leave the job to Blackwater , emotionless pros :)
4. Maybe there was too much stories on dead NATO soldiers that they decided to sell "soldier killing locals" event . Americans cant be seen as victims too much :)
5. It is also possible that they are just helping their Afghan puppets to look tough on Americans and improve PR. Now the soldier will be sentenced to death and Karzai will be allowed to throw some shit on NATO heads . Its better to work on a fake event than a real one

hundreds of other reasons
I pick five as the most likely reason. I also think this is to maintain the public's delusional confidence in the media that they are being well informed about whats happening in our world. Basically, this is all about building and maintaining confidence in the grand illusion.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

Dcopymope wrote:
bostonterrierowner wrote: 5. It is also possible that they are just helping their Afghan puppets to look tough on Americans and improve PR. Now the soldier will be sentenced to death and Karzai will be allowed to throw some shit on NATO heads . Its better to work on a fake event than a real one
I pick five as the most likely reason. I also think this is to maintain the public's delusional confidence in the media that they are being well informed about whats happening in our world. Basically, this is all about building and maintaining confidence in the grand illusion.
Right on, well put, just like Wikileaks. Where ya been, Dcopy? I miss your input.
whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by whatsgoingon »

a
Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dcopymope
Banned

Unread post by Dcopymope »

fbenario wrote:
Dcopymope wrote:
bostonterrierowner wrote: 5. It is also possible that they are just helping their Afghan puppets to look tough on Americans and improve PR. Now the soldier will be sentenced to death and Karzai will be allowed to throw some shit on NATO heads . Its better to work on a fake event than a real one
Right on, well put, just like Wikileaks. Where ya been, Dcopy? I miss your input.
Well, I've been checking the site out everyday, so I haven't really been anywhere, I just don't feel a need to make comments as much as I used to, at least not at the moment.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Another depressing thought is that a massacre of thousands of people could be reduced to "16" by this story because it's trumped up as a large story, when the true news is that we are in there possibly killing as many daily through just as cruel means.
Guerrero

Unread post by Guerrero »

Personally, hoipolloi, I think you've hit the nail on the head. Also agree with the theory that this story is placed to promote a false sense of trust in the general public who assume that if the media were just one big government propaganda mouthpiece for a very pro-war, militaristic government, they wouldn't allow these "horror" stories to come out. For all we know, they are very few real living Afghans left in Afghanistan...
omaxsteve
Banned

Unread post by omaxsteve »

It is quite telling that we almost never see any images of war victims. be they army, civilian, terrorists, or whatever. They almost never show any photos of destruction, even in Libya where NATO dropped hundreds (thousands?) of bombs we were never shown any rubble, let alone casualties.
Personally, I don`t see any great distinction between dead afghani, or syrian, military personnel, versus dead "civilians". Arming rebels, and/or creating a "no-fly" zone (basically bombing the crap out of the country) is painted as something being done to help the poor down-trodden citizens.

With friends like that,.....................

I wonder how long the public would support the "war on terror" if they were exposed on a daily basis to visual evidence of the destruction that the USA and their allies are causing. Somehow, we only hear about the damage done by the ruling "evil" dictators. I keep hearing how the Syrian military has killed over 7,500 of their own citizens, constant reports of the torture of women and children in the hospitals, etc.

If the Syrian military truly wanted to kill their own citizens , with the equipment (weapons, tanks etc.) at their disposal I would think that they could have easily killed many more than whats being reported. (7,500 in almost a year?).

So a headline showing a mis-guided american killing 16 civilians, will have the public thinking , "what a tragedy, but its an isolated crazy lunatic" when in reality there are hundreds more intentionally killed than that practically every single day by either the invading forces,the rebels, and even by the military themselves, who are simply defending against foreign attackers.

regards,

Steve O.
warriorhun

Unread post by warriorhun »

Dear All,

You remember the movie Matrix, when they say the first version of Matrix was a place of happiness and harmony and peoples brains rejected it?

An occasional horror-story makes the rest of the news and war propaganda more real.

BUT interesting that today always SINGLE EVIL PEOPLE fuck up the word. A lunatic soldier, a lunatic terrorist, a lunatic dictator, a lunatic warlord, without whom the rest would all live in peace and harmony.

And yes, the 16 kids if killed, by mistake, is sad. But, killing their bearded daddies by the thousands is kind of A-OK, only dishing out freedom with a heavy hand?