Kony

Historical insights & thoughts about the world we live in - and the social conditioning exerted upon us by past and current propaganda.
daozen

Re: Kony

Unread post by daozen »

Carys wrote:The growing view is that Kony may refer to something even broader than the propaganda we've all picked up on so far.
yeah, I'm still puzzled... like what in your opinion? in what sense broader! ...oh and welcome!
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

In the USA, Africa is somewhat "old hat" - attached to the Middle East in American imagination: brown people with problems that we can "save". In my opinion, it is not so wrong to assume that this is actually a way of further tiring this same perverted/abused "American imagination" about Black civil rights.

Although this may genuinely be an attempt to further attract attention to that area, I feel as though it is also appropriate fuel for the racist "Right" to make their familiar snide comments about military importance. And the "Left" to make a plea to do something about it non-militarily and the whole dog-and-pony show again, of course.

But I think in the more contemporary war/propaganda game the USA actually would prefer to focus on the "South American theater". We have never finished understanding why South America was so important to the 9/11 operation or the WORLD-COM bases that became active on that date. (NorthCom in Denver, Colorado and StratCom in Omaha, Nebraska) nor why the first COM base (SouthCom) was so close to the South - in Miami.

AfriCom was created in 2008 concurrent with Obama's pre-determined "election" and they are milking it for all its worth but I feel this Kony is as distracting to the USA's real goals as it is obvious to them. If that makes sense?

The truth is that the WORLD-COM idea is still going on. This is just one small aspect of their ambitions/achievements.
daozen

Unread post by daozen »

hoi.polloi wrote:
But I think in the more contemporary war/propaganda game the USA actually would prefer to focus on the "South American theater". We have never finished understanding why South America was so important to the 9/11 operation or the WORLD-COM bases that became active on that date. (NorthCom in Denver, Colorado and StratCom in Omaha, Nebraska) nor why the first COM base (SouthCom) was so close to the South - in Miami.

The truth is that the WORLD-COM idea is still going on. This is just one small aspect of their ambitions/achievements.
I'm still puzzled... but what's all this world-com stuff? ...never heard of it, but it sounds very interesting. Any way/link I can further my knowledge on this? thanks!
reel.deal
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by reel.deal »

Last edited by reel.deal on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reel.deal
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by reel.deal »

Last edited by reel.deal on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wtc-wtf

Unread post by wtc-wtf »

I'm still puzzled... but what's all this world-com stuff? ...never heard of it, but it sounds very interesting. Any way/link I can further my knowledge on this? thanks!
Hi daozen
http://www.septemberclues.org/historical.htm Historical development.
This is a good place too start. :)
daozen

Unread post by daozen »

wtc-wtf wrote:
Hi daozen
http://www.septemberclues.org/historical.htm Historical development.
This is a good place too start. :)
suerthanks man! I don't know how I missed that article on the septclues page! ^_^ :)