THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
MrSinclair

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by MrSinclair »

Call me petty if you want but I'm delighted he won. If for no other reason than the fact that I won't have to hear Shrillarys fucking ugly grating voice for the next four years. It is pure aural genocide.
CluedIn

Unread post by CluedIn »

CluedIn » November 9th, 2016, 6:29 am wrote:President Trump it will be! I'm really unsure of my feelings. Happy that Clinton was not handed the election, but I feel that Trump is going to bring on the Police state hard, which in turn will allow them to achieve their one world domination. It is hard to get past the programming about the election - excited and happy (in my old brain), but leery as hell because I know NOBODY would be allowed in that seat if it wasn't pre-sanctioned by TPTB running this game. I think the people would have been harder to work with with a Hillary win so they let Donald have it. False sense of security. Hope I'm wrong, but I just don't think so. I'm awake and just because an election looks legit, I know how bogus things are so how can it be?
hoi.polloi » November 9th, 2016, 8:38 am wrote:Nothing will change. He's just a bigoted figurehead slave like the Clintons and Bushes. Is that really so hard to understand because he's been marketed slightly differently? I thought this was CluesForum.
hoi.polloi » November 9th, 2016, 1:04 pm wrote:Correct induction, SacredCowSlayer, my comments were directed at the two comments above yours. I agree with your assessment.
I agree with both you and SCS, Hoi. I was just saying that I think Trump is more likeable to the public and won't go down the same road Clinton would have immediately. Trump has been pushing the police state, and, yes, to a large degree it's here already, but I think Trump will clamp down even harder, and will have complete backing by the adoring public. I didn't vote, but I do know other people who are awake that did vote. That I truly don't get, but that's their choice. It's hard not to have some reaction. It doesn't mean I believe in Trump. I do think it will be interesting when his deceptions begin to become more obvious to all of his believers.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Well, shit.

Despite my reservations I agree with you, and I agree with MrSinclair that Hillary Clinton has an absolutely odious political personality. I was just talking with Rochelle and she is right that at least with Trump we are in for a rather entertaining show. It would have made a better sitcom if they had said, "Hillary got the popular vote and Trump the electoral scam, so we're putting you both in the oval office together. Sort it out."

Popcorn time!
Farcevalue

Unread post by Farcevalue »

fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

Farcevalue » November 9th, 2016, 3:54 pm wrote: [He] always reiterated that the relationship between any government and its "citizens" so called, is one of coercion and subservience.
Excellent point. I've believed for years that the very act of running for office can be construed as an attempt to coerce others, a violation of their fundamental right to self-ownership and freedom from violence. In that light, even the 'best' politicians are thugs.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

TRUMP : "A key resource to be used at an opportune moment".
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/trumped

Or - from the Urban Dictionary:

http://it.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trumped

One may wonder: just HOW trumped will we all be?
hoi.polloi

simonshack » November 10th, 2016, 1:23 am wrote:*

TRUMP : "A key resource to be used at an opportune moment".
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/trumped

Or - from the Urban Dictionary:

http://it.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trumped

One may wonder: just HOW trumped will we all be?
There is also the 1990's simulated card game series "Trump Boy" for Nintendo Game Boy, which included the game mode "President" (大統領)! Kind of funny how a big actor-type guy in Vegas would have the last name Trump, too. Nice fit.

The second entry featured this cover:
trump-boy.JPG
trump-boy.JPG (36.39 KiB) Viewed 11525 times
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gameboy/579856-trump-boy-ii

Note the funny publish date.

Most likely just a coincidence this time, though.
Vera Obscurata
Banned

Unread post by Vera Obscurata »

I must agree with Farcevalue; i never thought the nutwork would allow Trump to "win" and I also agree with those who hate Shillary-CFR-Let's bomb the sh¡t out of Libya.

There's no real choice. Two freaks are presented and one "has to" choose between two evils.

I didn't want any of them.
antipodean

Unread post by antipodean »

If I lived in the States I'd have voted Trump (anyone but shillery). Then joined up with the anti Trump protesters.
Anders
Banned

Unread post by Anders »

We will see if Trump will continue to look into conspiracy theories. I hope so.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kAEoCHANYY
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Dear Mr Obama.

As President of the world's most powerful nation for the last eight years, which of your achievements do you think will benefit mankind most in the long term future?

Farcevalue

Exchange with a local cop at the beach early this morning:

Cop: "Good Morning!"

Me: "Good morning to you! I hope you haven't had to respond to any riots lately."

Cop: "No. I guess we're not that important here." (in Hollywood, north of Miami where riots were seen on the TeeVee.)

Me: "Or maybe we just don't get all wrapped up in it."

Cop: "Ahh, I think they bus them in anyway."

"..Er??" in my thought balloon as I continued walking....
hoi.polloi

Farcevalue » November 12th, 2016, 5:11 pm wrote:Exchange with a local cop at the beach early this morning:

Cop: "Good Morning!"

Me: "Good morning to you! I hope you haven't had to respond to any riots lately."

Cop: "No. I guess we're not that important here." (in Hollywood, north of Miami where riots were seen on the TeeVee.)

Me: "Or maybe we just don't get all wrapped up in it."

Cop: "Ahh, I think they bus them in anyway."

"..Er??" in my thought balloon as I continued walking....

Extremely anecdotal as well, so take with a salt shaker, but I am told that is pretty much how the crowds of the Hillary rallies went.

I wouldn't be surprised if most rallies (but not all) include the bused-in groups. Trump very much included.

This would completely cure the average person of the crucial ability to distinguish what is a populous movement of passion versus what has been created artificially.

Protest groups that formally organize in order to protest would blur the line further because they believe genuinely in the walk or whatever but aren't always clear with their talk when in the street. Partially for their own protection, they figure.

Another interesting thing to think about is that a bus is a very effective means of getting to and fro when parking is a problem.

So if we are going to continue to use the phrase "they bus them in", we ought to be careful and/or ask pointed questions about the implications.
Farcevalue

Maybe it was my hoaxdar working overtime, but I took from the inflection that he meant provocateurs, Soros volunteers or the like. I could have exhibited more due diligence to be sure, but since it resonated with me in that way I took it to mean that. Next time such an opportunity presents itself I will follow up.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

My dear old mother passed away this morning - due to heart failure. I normally wouldn't share too many personal matters on the forum, but since a number of you have had the good fortune to meet my lovely mom, I feel it's ok to let you all know of her passing.

As it is, I never ceased to marvel at how people / friends - almost instantly - became enamored with her. So - ok - this is starting to sound like some of those corny-phony 9/11 tributes, so I should probably stop right here.

In any event, Kerstin was a wonderful person - and I'm not saying this just because she gave me life. She had a very sharp / quirky sense of humor - and that's probably why she decided to die on 22/11 2016 - the 53d anniversary of JFK's (the "First Television president") dubious demise!

Thanks in advance for your kind condolences, everyone. I will dearly miss my beloved mama. She was of course a dauntingly-talented opera singer / pianist and music teacher - and it took me many years, way into adulthood, to humbly try and make music myself.

My mom and me (and our dog 'Sadiki') - many years ago: