THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Last edited by brianv on Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

brianv wrote: Grumpy and negative? The video is a bunch of crap. I was being kind, I thought. 200 hits? Sounds about right. I think it's time I called quit on this place. Just delete my account...and the posts if you see fit. And don't email me!
Bye now.
I've heard that one before - *yawn*
'A bunch of crap'? Good grief, Brian.
pov603

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by pov603 »

Critical Mass wrote:I kinda agree... we are fighting a war here. A war for people's minds & sometimes you have to fight where you wouldn't normally like to.

I refuse to vote in any general elections (and indeed remain unregistered... despite it being, allegedly, illegal to be unregistered in this 'country') as I do not wish to legitimize our 'rulers'.
Quite a few years ago my eldest Brother was involved in local [UK] politics for a number of years but eventually became very disillusioned with the set up and shenanigans that went on 'behind the scenes'.
He advocated, at least to those in close confidence, that people should still register to vote and purposely deface the ballot card when voting.
The reason was that this way, the vote had to be 'registered', though void, but sent a message to the politicians that people were willing to make the effort to go to the Polling Station, enter the Polling Booth, void their Ballot and place it in the Ballot Box almost as a silent protest.
He suspected that if more people were willing to do this [probably without broadcasting the fact as it could possibly be 'illegal'] eventually larger 'Percentages' of votes would make the difference between one party or the other winning.
Consequently, the losing parties would seek out these 'void voters' to see what it was that needed to be done to either win their vote or improve the system overall [presupposing that there are politicians out there who would care enough to do so...].
Just a thought?

Edited typos.
Critical Mass

Unread post by Critical Mass »

Interesting point... I suspect I won't be able to keep up with being unregistered forever (Funnily enough I just received another letter threatening me with a £1k fine).

I'll give your brother's suggestion some serious consideration.

EDITED due to poor grammar
Last edited by Critical Mass on Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

Critical Mass wrote:I'll give your Brothers suggestion some serious consideration.
You usually proofread your posts carefully before publishing. Two mistakes in one word - what happened here?
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

That's an interesting idea. Kind of like voting for a third party in the "winner take all" elections of most of the Western world. But definitely a stronger message. Maybe it would really hit home in places where they have instant run off voting. The only two countries that do that, which come to mind without any research at all, are Italy and Israel!

I think voting in some local things can be valuable, just to fend off certain horrible decisions that come up. But it's a constant and annoying battle.
DSKlausler

Unread post by DSKlausler »

hoi.polloi wrote:I think voting in some local things can be valuable, just to fend off certain horrible decisions that come up. But it's a constant and annoying battle.
I've given up even locally... politically correct bullshit mostly, but massive EGO by these relative peons. Ooo, and SAFETY everything, what's that, "Nanny State?"

Here in the U.S.A., you can simply rescind your [voter] registration - which I have done.

Here's the theme of the bubble in which I currently dwell: It's okay to be fat and stupid; we're all winners... here's a trophy.

Yes indeed, now that my children have been sent off for further higher indoctrination, I am looking to relocate - not that I can get away from all the baloney, but maybe some.
resolution

Unread post by resolution »

http://www.caradvice.com.au/384987/volk ... er-report/

Volkswagen has engaged the law firm Kirkland & Ellis, who defended BP in the aftermath of the Deepwater Horizon disaster in 2010.

According to multiple sources, including The Guardian and Bloomberg, Volkswagen has hired Kirkland & Ellis to help it deal with investigations, as well as any impending civil and criminal claims.

Sources have told Bloomberg that the US Justice Department has begun a criminal probe into Volkswagen’s use of defeat devices to pass emissions testing.

German federal and state institutions have begun or are contemplating starting investigations into the company. Action has also been mooted in France and the United Kingdom, while South Korea has reportedly already started one.

Automotive News understands that at least 25 class action law suits have already been filed against Volkswagen in the US.
http://autoexpert.com.au/buying-a-car/h ... -the-world
WHO LIFTED THE LID?
But this story is also a David versus Goliath victory. Volkswagen has almost $600 billion in total assets. It is breathtakingly powerful. And it is on its knees thanks to a humble 45-year-old engineer named Daniel Carder. Mr Carder and his team of four at the University of West Virginia received a $50,000 grant to investigate real-world emissions performance. These humble engineers are the ones who tipped over the first domino … and ultimately slayed a giant.

WERE THE REGULATORS ASLEEP?
The governmental gatekeepers of emissions compliance in North America, Western Europe and here in Australia are asleep at the wheel. How is it possible that a rinky-dink engineering department in North America uncovered this scandal first? It’s been going on for a decade. It would be nice to think our regulators would be on this faster than Oprah on a baked ham … but apparently they’re not. How many other automotive scandals are hidden in plain sight in just this way right now? The culture of virtual self-regulation by the auto industry is - clearly - fatally flawed...

...Lower Saxony - a German state comprised of almost eight million constituents - owns 20 per cent of Volkswagen. It relies on its Volkswagen dividend to provide healthcare, education, infrastructure and other municipal services for its eight million people. This crime has wiped almost 40 per cent off Volkswagen’s net worth. So, in a very real way, Volkswagen also just betrayed eight million people, and one of its largest shareholders, including 20 per cent of the board of directors.
Petrol/Diesel Vehicle manufacturers are in the way of an electric car future where access to transportation can be easily controlled by the flip of a switch by those in control. Yet another government money grab against private enterprise?
simonshack
Administrator

I have suspended for 2 weeks our hard-working member ProperGander who - as much as I can appreciate many of his quite interesting contributions, has been flooding this forum with a rather inconsiderate amount of posts of late. I think ProperGander is a proper gander (i.e. a well-meaning chap) but I just need to calm him down.

Thanks for your kind comprehension.
simonshack
Administrator

ProperGander,

In your very first, introductory post on this forum you wrote:
ProperGander wrote:Introducing myself:

I'm a male a 45 year old motion graphic designer. 2d 3d animation for mostly corporate clients. Trained as an illustrator.
Plenty of art history and perspective classes under my belt as well as some photography experience.
My wife and I do editing and after effects and 3d work for a living.

From New York. Worked in New York City for years. Was in the city on 911 and got out by way of Penn Station. Did see dust covered business men there. Does mean anything as I’ve seen the video from the Boston Marathon where the ‘actors’ were being ‘dusted’ for the cameras.
http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?p=2395163#p2395163

"Does mean anything as I've seen..." ???

Sorry, ProperGander - but how can you be "from New York" - when your English sounds like you're not?

Thanks for sending me some more details about your personal 9/11 eyewitness experience (by mailing me at [email protected] ).

So you saw dust-covered business men there? At Penn Station? At what time was that? How did you get back home? Etc.etc.

Well, I'm sure you'd know what I'm getting at: your personal experience on 9/11 is - to me - quite priceless, since I wasn't there that day.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

ProperGander,

I would like to add a few questions to the ones asked by Simon.

Where were you during the key moments on 9/11 (including WTC 7 collapse)? Depending on your answer I may have a follow up.

Did you hear or see anything of relevance? That could include explosions, police barricades, or people putting up "missing" posters. Or anything else you consider worth mentioning for that matter.

I'm certainly curious. Feel free to email me at [email protected].

Thanks
Painterman

Unread post by Painterman »

Technique #3 - 'TOPIC DILUTION'

Topic dilution is not only effective in forum sliding it is also very useful in keeping the forum readers on unrelated and non-productive issues. This is a critical and useful technique to cause a 'RESOURCE BURN.' By implementing continual and non-related postings that distract and disrupt (trolling) the forum readers they are more effectively stopped from anything of any real productivity. If the intensity of gradual dilution is intense enough, the readers will effectively stop researching and simply slip into a 'gossip mode.' In this state they can be more easily misdirected away from facts towards uninformed conjecture and opinion. The less informed they are the more effective and easy it becomes to control the entire group in the direction that you would desire the group to go in. It must be stressed that a proper assessment of the psychological capabilities and levels of education is first determined of the group to determine at what level to 'drive in the wedge.' By being too far off topic too quickly it may trigger censorship by a forum moderator.

http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1388
ICfreely

Unread post by ICfreely »

fbenario wrote:
???
http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f= ... 5#p2397324

Objection sustained counselor! That obtuse portion should be struck from the record. It was a petty dig at a deeply confused individual on another forum who suggested that I was an AI creation of Simon/Hoi/Military Intelligence due to changes in my style of writing. It’s one thing to have your posted material imitated but it’s a whole ‘nother ball game when you hear your unposted aphorisms used on the 'Neil & Bob Show.'

"Of all that is written I love only what a man has written with his blood . . . Whoever writes in blood and aphorisms does not want to be read but to be learned by heart."
--Friedrich Nietzsche
ICfreely

Unread post by ICfreely »

As for the three body problem:

Q: What is the three body problem?
Posted on October 3, 2011 by The Physicist

Physicist: The three body problem is to exactly solve for the motions of three (or more) bodies interacting through an inverse square force (which includes gravitational and electrical attraction).

The problem with the 3-body problem is that it can’t be done, except in a very small set of frankly goofy scenarios (like identical planets following identical orbits).
http://www.askamathematician.com/2011/1 ... y-problem/

'Space' travel created a four body problem which they 'solved' by taking a relativist position and 'reducing' it to a two body problem. They're not as mathematically advanced as they'd like for us to think they are.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

There is a second poll up now, to help us decide the main topics of The Clues Chronicle.

The results of the last poll have also been posted. The subject order is "Terror", "War", then a tie between "Space" and "Gun" topics. Please help us break the tie and express deeper interest in your favorite hoax topics by voting here:

http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1836

Thank you so much! K and I are going to have a fun show coming up soon. We plan to try to record episode 4 this weekend. ^_^