THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
birdman2

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by birdman2 »

Just came across this today on youtube, good for a few laughs! It's a comedic take on the 'war on terror'. Has some excellent moments :lol: Has anyone else seen it? I haven't come across this show before (Time Trumpet), and can't find this video here on CF with the search function, so hopefully it's new for some of you too:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvexwF2HLJs

Edited to fix problem embedding the youtube video.

Edit no. 2 - ah ok, is this where the plane flying through Big Ben clip originally came from? (at 8:24). I hadn't seen the full show until now. Hmm. Maybe that was their attempt at being subversive, to try and get people to see the 9/11 imagery in a new light? Or maybe not. I know it's been discussed here before and I think the consensus was that it was more of a cynical inside joke?
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

Not a bad diatribe from ex-marine Ken O´Keefe on the nonsensical wars/psyops taxpayers are supporting around the world. The other side of the debate was edited out, but I suspect it wasn´t very cogent anyway.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st05PWCypLQ
truthseeker
Banned

Simon on fakeologist

Unread post by truthseeker »

Just a shout out to Simon. I listened to your fakeologist interview Saturday day night. Very good!
Know one breaks 911 down better than you!
Thanks!
brianv

Re: Simon on fakeologist

Unread post by brianv »

truthseeker wrote:Just a shout out to Simon. I listened to your fakeologist interview Saturday day night. Very good!
Thanks!
Have we had a glass or two of Chablis? <_<
truthseeker
Banned

Unread post by truthseeker »

Just what I would expect of you Brian. Give it a rest. Ok?
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

truthseeker wrote:Just a shout out to Simon. I listened to your fakeologist interview Saturday day night. Very good!
Thanks for taking such care with your post. I can see why you're trying to turn our attention to Brian.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

truthseeker wrote:Just what I would expect of you Brian. Give it a rest. Ok?
NO! I don't take orders from anyone! And I'm quite right to point out your sloppy post! "Saturday day night"? When the fuck was that exactly?

"Know one"? Hahaha, fuck off!
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Thanks!
Thanks for the shout out. Oh, and I'm quite aware of being a 'know one'. :P
lux

Unread post by lux »

brianv wrote:Hahaha, fuck off!
Shouldn't that be ...

Ha ha ha! Fuck off!

...?
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

lux wrote:
Shouldn't that be ...

Ha ha ha! Fuck off!

...?
No, it was a deliberate "hahaha" rather than "ha ha ha". As for punctuation well, is it wrong?
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

I will use a Simonism now to argue; "Come on now," lux.

The difference between "know" and "no" is something every grade schooler would be able to distinguish and use correctly. Ig i startet too tipe like this,,, woodnt; ewe Be concernd?

This is not so pedantic as you (or other users, recently) make it out to be. We all learn from each other and use language creatively, but there are some usages that clearly 'throw off' the average intelligent person from being able to take us seriously in any way. Failing to understand spelling differences between homonyms and homophones is a pretty big one — carat/karat/carrot/caret or any other mistakes I've learned I've made notwithstanding. When corrected in our spelling in some cases, I think we can just accept we didn't do something correctly. Maat taught me the usage of the en space or em space (like —) rather than a hyphen (-) and I've accepted it and moved on.

But failing that argument, please just accept some moderation from the site mods/admins from time to time, without producing sarcastic snits. It is for the sake of keeping things focused.

I agree with you that it is distracting to have too much of this in the middle of a thread, but you make things worse by complaining about it immediately after.

There isn't an easy way for us to go about finding every shill here, who is here to make us look unreadable, "daft" or repulsive. Academics. What can you do?

We will handle our own boorish or boring or aggressive tone that we already know makes people disgusted and leave. It's a trade off. You can't please everyone. Fakeologist, for example, is filled with typos, often in the post titles, and that suits its own audience for whatever reason. But here, please allow us to cast that out and have our own minor standards now and then, if and when we see fit.

We must tell our users to sit on the fence of those standards at their own peril. We don't want to ban people with good research skills, but sometimes we have to if it's just presented in alphabet cereal mush.
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

On a building site here in the Middle East I saw a sign outside the main entrance which read: 'No Safety, Know Pain. Know Safety, No Pain'.
Here, maybe we should have: 'No Proofing, Know hahaha. Know Proofing, No hahaha'.
Libero

Unread post by Libero »

Rules re: brianv

1. No one gets by brianv because it takes one to know one — no one other than he.
2. No one else in the admin dept. seems bothered by this, so if you are bothered, refer back to No. 1.

B)
lux

Unread post by lux »

brianv wrote:
lux wrote:
Shouldn't that be ...

Ha ha ha! Fuck off!

...?
No, it was a deliberate "hahaha" rather than "ha ha ha". As for punctuation well, is it wrong?
You miss the point. Putting two sentences together into one sentence divided by a comma is wrong.

For example:

WRONG: Oh no, I stepped in some shit!
RIGHT: Oh, no! I stepped in some shit!

OR ...

WRONG: Look, there goes a grammar Nazi!
RIGHT: Look! There goes a grammar Nazi!

However, in light of hoi's post above, I will refrain from making further grammatical critiques and allow you to continue your good work of improving the forum's reader experience without interruption.

Carry on. :)
lux

Unread post by lux »

hoi.polloi wrote:...please just accept some moderation from the site mods/admins from time to time, without producing sarcastic snits. It is for the sake of keeping things focused.
Fine, but it isn't about grammar or moderation. It's about the odious manners of one particular person.

Correcting a poster can be done without denigration.