THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
dblitz

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by dblitz »

Guivre, you wrote:
Because it's not a universal issue, as in only the US seems to have this problem,
Perhaps I've misunderstood you, but I must disagree. We certainly have this problem here in Australia.

You also said:
I actually see a U.S. Army connection to the curriculum issue, which is interesting. Because the shift in the curriculum happened in the late 1970's, I was under the impression that it had a different origin.
I bought a book on this subject called 'Invisible Eugenics - how the medical system and public schools are killing your children' by a researcher named Marc M. Rich. I haven't read the whole thing yet, but so far I would recommend it. Here is a short excerpt that relates to your post:
Their Utopian Vision

In the mid 1800s a small group of wealthy elites started to envision a scientifically managed eugenical society. They were inspired by the utopian concepts described by philosophers such as Plato and Jean Jacques Rousseau. Rousseau, who was influenced by Plato's Republic, expressed his belief that a group of select people would rule the masses through social engineering in his 1762 publication, Emile.

In order to bring about their utopia, the financial elite needed to shape the ideas and behavior of the populace. Methods had to be devised to limit people's ability to think independently. They needed to manufacture citizens who were obedient and intellectually retarded. The traditional family was seen as another obstacle.

Because schools play a basic role in the development of people, the early indoctrination of all children through forced schooling was their solution. Starting in the late 1800s wealthy long-established families such as Morgan, Astor, Whitney, Carnegie, and Rockefeller, used their tax-exempt foundations and large corporations to form a unified public school directorate for the purpose of controlling public education. This would eventually include government agencies and universities.

Frederick T. Gates, Director of Charity for the Rockefeller Foundation, proclaimed in a 1913 General Education Board paper, The Country School of Tomorrow: “The present educational conventions fade from our minds... We shall not try to make these people or any of their children into philosophers or men of learning or of science. We are not to raise up from among them authors, orators, poets, or men of letters.”

There was an inner-circle of US colleges and universities that formed the core of their movement. It started with Harvard University in the 1860s; another group that centered around Johns Hopkins University started in the 1880s; in the 1890s more groups at the University of Chicago and Columbia University were formed. Eventually it would include: Yale, Dartmouth, Georgetown, Princeton, Brown, Duke, Cornell, Stanford, University of Virginia, University of Michigan, University of California (Berkeley), Boston College, Boston University, University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill), University of Pennsylvania, Vanderbilt, and Amherst.

The Early Progressive Movement

The financial elite's takeover was made possible by an army of progressive educators who infiltrated the schools. Their progressive ideas originated from two movements. One from the field of behavioral psychology known as behaviorism, the other from secular humanism, also known as the religion of humanism. Many of the behaviorists and progressive educators who formed the early movement were also eugenicists.

The impetus for these progressive philosophies came from a group of Europeans in Germany, France, Great Britain, and eventually the US. The German line, included psychologists such as Ernst Heinrich Weber, Gustav Theodor Fechner, and Wilhelm Wundt, all from the University of Leipzig.

A French line went from French Psychiatrists such as Philippe Pinel and Pierre Marie Félix Janet, to Sigmund Freud and Carl G. Jung. The British line included eugenicists like Charles Darwin and Sir Francis Galton. The US group consisted of those influenced by Galton and Darwin in Britain, such as Charles S. Peirce, William James, Thorstein Veblen, and John Dewey, as well as those who studied under Wundt in Germany, such as James Earl Russell, Granville Stanley Hall, James McKeen Cattell, Charles Hubbard Judd, and Edward Thorndike.

The early progressive educators in the US that launched the movement were in close contact through their networked academic institutions. They were educated and held teaching positions at Columbia, Harvard, Johns Hopkins, and Chicago. With foundation funding, they published their works and established the credentials that allowed them to get appointed to positions in government and university chairs. They had already usurped the top administrative positions in many American schools by 1917.

By the early 1950s they had obtained strategic positions in premier colleges of education around the US that trained superintendents and principals. From these posts, they appointed only teachers that they approved. By the early 1960s a significant number of these progressive teachers had been placed throughout the US. When this happened, education changed from an emphasis on academic basics, to the realm of behavior modification.
He has a website here: http://www.newworldwar.org/ where you can read his latest book 'New World War' for free.

I haven't seen his name mentioned on Clues Forum before, but he may a known dis-info person. If so, I'd like it if anyone in the know can show me where he is repeating deception because his material seems legit and he comes across as sincere as well as having a very clean a direct style of writing, but I am not an expert on all the subjects he covers and he himself may have fallen for some rubbish, as we all have at one point or another.
guivre

Unread post by guivre »

dblitz wrote:Guivre, you wrote:
Because it's not a universal issue, as in only the US seems to have this problem,
Perhaps I've misunderstood you, but I must disagree. We certainly have this problem here in Australia.
Oh, I was strictly talking about the way art is taught here in the US. I don't want to speak on overall education, that's not my area. I can put two and two together, and see the trend, but I don't want to talk on things I'm not really qualified to speak on.

I've looked at portfolios from kids from Scandinavia (Sweden and Denmark) and from China and their work is age appropriate. When I'm asked to critique portfolios (put together with the intent to be accepted into college programs) from American kids, I just want to weep. I have seen work several times that looks as if it belongs to someone around ten years old. It's hard to know how to even advise someone at that point.

Here is the difference between the way art used to be taught -- and how it is still generally taught at the college level, though by the time students get to college it is almost too late. (It's never too late to learn, but precious time has been lost.)

It's the whole creation process on the ways of the masters vs contour line drawing. To create, say, a figure in the ways of the masters, you first create a skeleton and build up. In contour line drawing you work from the outside in.

You need a little contour line drawing, even if you are creating in the ways of the masters -- but here's the thing. You're not going to understand how something moves, how it works, how it relates to other space. Contour line drawing is the icing on the cake. Creating in the way of the masters (based on a skeleton) is ... the cake.

I'm not talking about a gradual dumbing down here, or a loss in $$ meaning cut backs. It's a totally different way to look at how the creative process works. It really infuriates me. I'm just into my 40's and it was in the curriculum when I was in school. You can imagine how much damage it's done in 30+ years.
icarusinbound

Unread post by icarusinbound »

'Gravity' movie wins many BAFTAs (British Oscars)- almost totally CGI?

The blockbuster space/sci-fi movie has won nearly all the British Academy awards.

Interesting to hear an interview from the technical spokesman of Framestore (the production company) that ''apart from the faces of Sandra Bullock and George Cluney in their astronauts' helmets, the entire film imagery has been created on computer''.

A later interview made the throwaway comment that '' some of the facial long-shots were created using CGI as well''.

Where on earth (pun, yes, maybe) does this take the involvement of Hollywood stars? Are they really there, all the time? And for how much longer can they be employed (other than for marketing, interviews, accepting awards...oh, and being scan-sampled)
lux

Unread post by lux »

icarusinbound wrote: Where on earth (pun, yes, maybe) does this take the involvement of Hollywood stars? Are they really there, all the time? And for how much longer can they be employed (other than for marketing, interviews, accepting awards...oh, and being scan-sampled)
I think we're in a transition period leading to most/all "stars" being complete sims.

Seen this?

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYSXaU6eKm4

This film was released 6 years ago (2008) and was shot 1 or 2 years before its release (I worked on it) so it's not "cutting edge" CGI-wise.
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

Guivre,
Oh, I was strictly talking about the way art is taught here in the US.
Okay, now I get what you mean, thanks :)
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

dblitz, are you in Oz at this moment and for the foreseeable future? Would you want to try to meet? Do a "sniff test" on one another and see if we can confirm for ourselves that we are indeed real and legit?

B)

I feel like not enough CluesForum is based in reality sometimes, and it would be nice to try meeting some members now and then. If yes, send me a PM.
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

Hoi,

I sent an email, but no reply. Just checking if you got it or not. For some reason there is no pm button beneath your name, just the email button.
hoi.polloi

Nothing yet. Sure you got it right? It's my user name (at)mail.com
hoi.polloi

dblitz, it's not your fault. I just tested the forum's e-mail form and ... it didn't work! At all!

:lol: How long have we had that problem? Where's nonhocapito when you need him? Anyway, just e-mail me with an e-mail program if you can. My e-mail address is on the contact page of http://www.septemberclues.org/contact.shtml or you can just type my user name (at)mail.com
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

Cheers :)
lux

Unread post by lux »

Just when you thought it was safe to go back to bed ... a giant sinkhole swallows a Florida man in his bedroom! :o

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9DqZVz1Gzk

Really convincing display of grief from the victim's toothless brother, no? :lol:

Funny how they don't actually show this phenomenal indoor sinkhole. I would think it'd be a great photo op.

Thanks again to Ab for the tip.
Rudy Algera

Unread post by Rudy Algera »

What a pity September Clues is not mentioned on this site:
http://the-tap.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/e ... -that.html

One comment writer there expresses views that accord with the vision of September Clues:
Anonymous said...
How do we account for the people lost on the planes?
There were no people on those planes.
It was an elaborate scam, using photographic trickery, false names and ages, and fake obituaries. It was very profitable. A lot of money was donated & shared with those who took part in the lie.
3:38 am
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Rudy Algera wrote:What a pity September Clues is not mentioned on this site:
http://the-tap.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/e ... -that.html
Hey - why don't you do so, Rudy? :)
Rudy Algera

Unread post by Rudy Algera »

I'm very clumsy with computers and I have to rush off in a minute.
hoi.polloi

Oh but it is mentioned on the site! ;)

Fakeologist's comment on anonjedi's post received an interesting comment I want to draw attention to (my bolds and underlines) if you don't mind and can get through the questionable slop of spelling and grammar:
The absolutely astoundingly stupid photo above combines B&W with colour and and some sort of fish eye lens effect with a human stickman sticking up above tiny heads in [the] distance. A naked human eye can tell this is a silly photo. [It] may be that the [A]chilles heel of the perpetrators of photofraud and [deceitful] news based on photofraud have defective visual intelligence. I’m reminded of the book The 7 Intelligences– though I’d have to review it before pointing to visual intelligence as one type– though it likely is. Simon’s background in cartooning apparently gives him an eye for this visual nonsense as he states over and over again on Clues and Ab’s [fakeology] podcasts. Ab points to some connection between visual acuity and musical training. The brain is highly interconnected– as a “connectome” — and it could very well be that the type of “being” who thinks they can put trick photography before us and get away with it are simply non-graphic and non-musical retards. In effect, they use the modern digital tools but have no visual IQ. Thus, we end up faced with Fotoforensic analysis as follows that shows resaving multiple times (83%quality) , wildly differentiated pixellation, and the Picasa photomanipulation software signature.
rickpotvin
http://fakeologist.com/2014/03/03/fotof ... /#comments