THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
simonshack
Administrator

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by simonshack »

AmongTheThugs wrote:So last night I was in front of the stove cooking while my wife was watching TV in the other room. I found myself nodding to the beat of a song on a commercial when it dawned on me what the song was. At 4:30 in September Clues I found it!
I'm pretty sure it was a cell phone commercial. I've had the TV on ever since waiting for it to come back on. Has anyone else seen this?
(I'm assuming these beats are September Clues originals.)
Yes - indeed they are SC originals - made by yours truly on my Wavelab sound editor in my home recording studio. Funny that - you're not the first person to report hearing on radio/or TV that little instrumental track which, in fact, was just one of my many sound-experiments (around 2003/20004) with a cool vocoder plug-in and some drum-machine loops which I dabbled with back then (when 'sound-designing' the Social Service electronic backing tracks). I'd be curious to hear the track you mention - and see if it's been actually extracted / ripped from the September Clues soundtrack - but I guess that's doubtful. Couldn't it just be a case of fortuitous sound-resemblance ? :)
AmongTheThugs

Unread post by AmongTheThugs »

Simon, I believe your beats are on the commercial. It's catchy and I recognized it immediately. I will film the commercial with my phone the next time I see it.
Equinox
Banned

Unread post by Equinox »

simonshack wrote:
AmongTheThugs wrote:So last night I was in front of the stove cooking while my wife was watching TV in the other room. I found myself nodding to the beat of a song on a commercial when it dawned on me what the song was. At 4:30 in September Clues I found it!
I'm pretty sure it was a cell phone commercial. I've had the TV on ever since waiting for it to come back on. Has anyone else seen this?
(I'm assuming these beats are September Clues originals.)
Yes - indeed they are SC originals - made by yours truly on my Wavelab sound editor in my home recording studio. Funny that - you're not the first person to report hearing on radio/or TV that little instrumental track which, in fact, was just one of my many sound-experiments (around 2003/20004) with a cool vocoder plug-in and some drum-machine loops which I dabbled with back then (when 'sound-designing' the Social Service electronic backing tracks). I'd be curious to hear the track you mention - and see if it's been actually extracted / ripped from the September Clues soundtrack - but I guess that's doubtful. Couldn't it just be a case of fortuitous sound-resemblance ? :)

Ahh yes, this beat --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... HpE#t=271s

As I mentioned a couple of paragraphs before I’m into my beats, (break beat and drum n bass ) And I first remember hearing this tune on September clues, it defiantly my favorite tune by you Simon, It’s the beat whilst demonstrating the “nosed out” and it sounds cool as.
Now I haven’t seen the commercial, but I know what tune you mean… the “dah, dah daaht” It sounds like the type of tune they would use in a commercial, it's a cool little riff. But I’m pretty sure there are a lot of those beats made that sound the same, Then again there is a small possibility they ripped it of clues. :)
AmongTheThugs

In the commercial there is a young man with his new phone. He is in a room with no ceiling in the middle of nowhere. A nice round hole like the pentagon hole is blown out of the wall. Not sure why or how this hole is blown through the wall.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Is it for a cell phone brand like Nokia, a service like T-mobil? It would be interesting to know more.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

AmongTheThugs wrote:In the commercial there is a young man with his new phone. He is in a room with no ceiling in the middle of nowhere. A nice round hole like the pentagon hole is blown out of the wall. Not sure why or how this hole is blown through the wall.
I've seen that commercial many times recently, on sports broadcasts on ESPN and Fox. I also think it is for a new phone, although I don't remember which one.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

I can't help but wonder if it's made by Sony or Nextel/Sprint or any of those who funded 9/11. Is it a whistleblower making a subtle nod to September Clues, or is it deliberate appropriation in order to diminish the impact of September Clues?

Remember that odd MySpace group called "The Social Services"?
AmongTheThugs

I'm ready for the commercial to air again and when it does I will record it. I'm just leaving my tv on and I'm "sleeping" on the couch.
waterwitch

Unread post by waterwitch »

I recently came across the website for an organization known as The Institute for the Study of Globalization and Covert Politics. Does anyone know anything about it? It seems to have a lot of interesting information. Here's an example:

Recognizing disinformation in the media 
Twenty-six ways to slander and intimidate conspiracy advocates

https://wikispooks.com/ISGP/disinformat ... mation.htm
AmongTheThugs

As far as the above mentioned commercial goes I have not seen it since. I've been leaving my tv on and kind of obsessing a bit. I think it's quite possible that the commercial is a nod to Simon and September Clues.

Waterwitch, your link has Alex jones written all over it.
Rudy Algera

Unread post by Rudy Algera »

For Dutch readers of September Clues (are there any?), here is something about Simon Shack in fictional form: http://www.basicpublishing.nl/index.php ... w&id=71455
simonshack
Administrator

Rudy Algera wrote:For Dutch readers of September Clues (are there any?), here is something about Simon Shack in fictional form: http://www.basicpublishing.nl/index.php ... w&id=71455
Love it! :wub:
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

Yes, the end of the article is very good.
And
‘Vliegtuigen die als gevleugelde penissen gladjes en moeiteloos binnenglijden en verdwijnen in gelubriceerde vagina’s aan de zijkant van hoge gebouwen...’
is quite descriptive too. :rolleyes: :D :lol:
Fred54
Banned

Unread post by Fred54 »

I have a question about the forum it is some what silly but i cant find any answer to it and I cant quite figure it out on my own as well. What is the significance of all the different icons that are the bullet points at the beginning of topics? I understand the locked icon but but the rest are a mystery to me. There are circles, light bulbs, different colors, stars and I cant figure out any pattern for them. Thank you.
simonshack
Administrator

There are various types of icons which represent the 'placing tag' given to each thread - in relation to its placing in its given forum listing.

For instance, the icon marked with an "i" is a so-called "announcement" thread. Those appear in their own top section of each forum.
The lightbulb icon is a so-called "sticky" thread: these will always stay on top of their given list of forum threads.
The icon's with a 'scrolling page' are "standard" topics.

The stars it seems, appear on these icons only after a certain number of views has been reached by a given thread.