GETTING THE WORD OUT!

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
reichstag fireman

Re: GETTING THE WORD OUT!

Unread post by reichstag fireman »

EDIT: removed as per Simon's request
Last edited by reichstag fireman on Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

reichstag fireman wrote: Furthermore, I need to verify your four frames of "lamp post" footage, and your claims about them.

You provide no working links to any video (as required by the Forum rules). Please give me the video URLs so I can study the frames myself.

Finally, please explain how you are "archiving" this site. Where is the archive location, what form is it in, and how is it accessed?

Dear RF,

The lamp post comparisons are actually my own findings. I'll source-reference them for you in due time.

Please let me kindly ask you to stop your confrontational ways with various members of this forum. Ok?
reichstag fireman

Unread post by reichstag fireman »

simonshack wrote:
reichstag fireman wrote: Furthermore, I need to verify your four frames of "lamp post" footage, and your claims about them.

You provide no working links to any video (as required by the Forum rules). Please give me the video URLs so I can study the frames myself.

Finally, please explain how you are "archiving" this site. Where is the archive location, what form is it in, and how is it accessed?

Dear RF,

The lamp post comparisons are actually my own findings. I'll source-reference them for you in due time.

Please let me kindly ask you to stop your confrontational ways with various members of this forum. Ok?
Sure. Apologies. Your forum. Your rules.
Equinox
Banned

Unread post by Equinox »

reichstag fireman wrote:
simonshack wrote:

Dear RF,

Yes and contary to what you have made your mind up about me. I'm actually I'am pretty handy and want to set the level. I will confess you have caught me on probably worst day. Whilst I could just be like meh! so what. I actually notice you have a bit of passion for detail here. And your interested in the forum and actually looking at the videos.... We got of on a bad foot... my bad. I propose we start fresh! Check out what I post from now on and tell me your honest opinion. good or bad. I will post answers to your questions from above shortly.
simonshack
Administrator

reichstag fireman wrote:
Dear RF,

Please don't get me wrong: I really don't want to sound confrontational myself - with you. ;)

I share your concern about Equinox's apparent dyslexia/ difficulty with the English language. I don't think he does it purposely though: if anything, I'd say he needs help, both with his patient and useful archiving efforts - and with his writing. To be sure, I can do with some help myself at this time (with the daunting task of keeping up with/source-referencing/cataloguing the massive - and growing - pool of forged images churned out by the perps' billion dollar fakery factory) - so if you are willing to help out, let us know.
burningame

Unread post by burningame »

simonshack wrote:
reichstag fireman wrote:
Dear RF,

Please don't get me wrong: I really don't want to sound confrontational myself - with you. ;)

I share your concern about Equinox's apparent dyslexia/ difficulty with the English language. I don't think he does it purposely though: if anything, I'd say he needs help, both with his patient and useful archiving efforts - and with his writing. To be sure, I can do with some help myself at this time (with the daunting task of keeping up with/source-referencing/cataloguing the massive - and growing - pool of forged images churned out by the perps' billion dollar fakery factory) - so if you are willing to help out, let us know.
Hey! "Ecci" (as Simon so sweetly referred to him on the recent radio show), i.e. Equinox, is an Aussie, and as an Australian I'll tell you that I have trouble with the English language at the best of times! Especially with my South African ex-wife!

Though I will say, I think I have read enough books, treatises, pamphlets, etc, etc, to recognise 'proper' English when it's written down...but I guess I've got at least 25 years headstart on Ecci.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. I'm good with cataloguing and can translate Aussie!
simonshack
Administrator

burningame wrote: Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. I'm good with cataloguing and can translate Aussie!
Fabulous - thanks for your kind offer of assistance, Burningame! Equinox, will you contact Burningame by PM (personal message) and explore ways of how you two could collaborate for the archiving job and its captioning? :)
Equinox
Banned

Unread post by Equinox »

I share your concern about Equinox's apparent dyslexia/ difficulty with the English language. I don't think he does it purposely though: if anything, I'd say he needs help.
Momma Mia Shack! I don’t need help at spelling! We all speak English! My mother came from from Manchester England. I have graduated Year 12 English and grammar in an Australian High school, I can write well! I also was taught running writing and Italian compulsory at an early age.

My hand steadiness is crap at free paint tool, but I will show you! I wrote this out hehe. It’s not 100% straight but shows I can running write none the less!

I blame bad posts on late nights from my party lifestyle. I’m always singing and deejay ( yes we spell it like that)
And partying inner city style! and sometimes, (not always) I'm really tired! And don’t notice I’m making mistakes when that tired.

No more mate! I will make sure guys!

If people wonder why I’m always up beat and happy, I may as well break away from the endless posts I do and show a basic normal month where I live.

Life in Western Australia is great! We have the most beautiful Weather. Beautiful Everything!

We love music here and everyone is always so exited to dance to electronic drum n bass! It’s the best fun! A lot of huge names in Drum n Bass come from Perth.

Every Australia Day we hire two huge boats, and then navigate them 15 kilometers into the Indian Ocean, and anchor the huge boats off shore, at a sheltered cove… From there we “RAFT UP!” Where we moor the two boats together and put a gangway in-between…
And there about 250 of us have free roam all over the huge boats, With a sound system, and world class deejay, (a lot of which come from Perth) and celebrate West Australian style dancing, unlimited food, and beer, having heaps of laughs… most of us know each other it’s great.

Tattooing Australian Tattoos in colored marker with my roommates on Australia day! (I have the hat)
And then BBQ Australia day beers and fun with friends in the sun!

Here are a couple of shots of me doing our thing down Under!
Beauty and the Geek
Me Deejaying… I shopped my friend next to me for a laugh
Aussie day boat party
Me and my New Zealand pal!

Equinox
Banned

Unread post by Equinox »

simonshack wrote:
burningame wrote: Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. I'm good with cataloguing and can translate Aussie!
Fabulous - thanks for your kind offer of assistance, Burningame! Equinox, will you contact Burningame by PM (personal message) and explore ways of how you two could collaborate for the archiving job and its captioning? :)
Great excellent! Nice to met you Burning game. And yes Ecci is a great nickname. I find us Aussie speak quite well but something in us can quite easily make slang and short hand of our great vocabulary.
I'am happy to have a hand I will get in contact shortly. :)

I don't think some thing like this research archiving. has been done before! and also on scale like this. It's like we are pionering a new style of archive. I have a lot of this I mapped out ages ago and I do know what needs to be done, we should be able to get it done quick enough. I am suspending myself from new findings and clues until it is done.

The plane and collapse shots are going to sinch! Tv ARCHIVES and I can get the nist stuff no worries.

The main thing I do wan't to stress though Burninggame, and Simon, there are sections of the archive, that are going to be not only hard to locate the exact footage ( as it very identical) But also hard to know what exactly we are looking at. and also demonstrating in a user friendly way. :lol:

They are...

The jumper videos

http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=501

Faking the Rubble

http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=489

And Simon, can I suggest you recall anything that is important about the above two topics. Please jot it down in notes. As in if you want or know something that is going to be placed in the archive, and know it can be explained in a better way, or an extra fact to be added, just make a note and then once it is going to get put in, we can edit the article in some way? The more groundbreaking info the better.

Cheers
Ecci :lol:
simonshack
Administrator

Equinox wrote: And Simon, can I suggest you recall anything that is important about the above two topics. Please jot it down in notes. As in if you want or know something that is going to be placed in the archive, and know it can be explained in a better way, or an extra fact to be added, just make a note and then once it is going to get put in, we can edit the article in some way? The more groundbreaking info the better.

Cheers
Will do, Ecci!

Just gimme a lil' time... It's getting crazy, sweltering hot over here - so i'm also off to the beach (and to music parties - jamming with great musician friends, actually) as often as possible! :) :)
Equinox
Banned

Unread post by Equinox »

simonshack wrote:
Equinox wrote: And Simon, can I suggest you recall anything that is important about the above two topics. Please jot it down in notes. As in if you want or know something that is going to be placed in the archive, and know it can be explained in a better way, or an extra fact to be added, just make a note and then once it is going to get put in, we can edit the article in some way? The more groundbreaking info the better.

Cheers
Will do, Ecci!

Just gimme a lil' time... It's getting crazy, sweltering hot over here - so i'm also off to the beach (and to music parties - jamming with great musician friends, actually) as often as possible! :) :)
Thats the way mate !we will get there. Have fun dude :)
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Please feel free to go back and edit your posts, Ecci, for clarity.

Seeing "I'am" for me is almost too much to bear.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

hoi.polloi wrote:Please feel free to go back and edit your posts, Ecci, for clarity.

Seeing "I'am" for me is almost too much to bear.
I think we may have to make some allowances, Hoi. Ecci did say he graduated year 12 in an Australian high school, all of which stopped teaching formal English grammar in the early 70s (the UK in the 60s), and now discovering what a mistake that was. So unless kids came from highly literate, grammar-conscious homes, they had little chance of learning it on their own.
AmongTheThugs

Unread post by AmongTheThugs »

It's only going to get worse. The kids are dumb like never before.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

I begrudgingly admit that Pinker has me convinced there is no such a thing as English. Languages are a dialect with an army and a navy. (audience member at a Max Weinreich talk)

Not begrudgingly because it isn't something to celebrate - on the contrary, I am pleased about my ability to be somewhat understood in the odd way I arrange my words. Grammar really doesn't matter that much, no matter how much we ask for it to be followed. (Which are we following anyway? Some kind of rare 1800's Victorian legaleeze OVS? Ebonics? What?)

But what I am angry about - what I disagree with Maat about - is that, in this role of administrator, I have to make such absurd requests of people as to basically maintain readability.

This isn't so much about spelling (I think it's reasonable to say spelling should be a lesser challenge in today's modern spellcheck environment). It's about erring on the side of caution and only saying what you can say well, and back up with significant research contributions. At most, slyly commenting on the contributions.

Pretty dry and boring, huh? But this isn't a playground. It's an investigation, as boring as that makes it.

Just like we don't typically say on this forum, "Oh god jesus the towers were emptied at 4:35am on the Wednesday before 9/11 and the Bush family is a bunch of incestuous fuckwads who faked everything like a bunch of idiot genius retards with Photoshop and iMovie", so we would not really expect someone - no matter how unfamiliar or "untrained" in English - to speak on matters they ... well ... can't.

It's one thing to spout off on clear signs of incongruity. It's "quite another" (read: stupid) for us to allow people to verbally emote on any given speculation that crosses their mind. When we speculate on the forum, we do so carefully and with as precise terms as we can, so as to avoid confusion with the angry mobs of this world who want to lynch people at the drop of an iPad.
I may as well break away from the endless posts I do
Yes, and hurry, Equinox.

I don't buy your blatantly shoddy photoshop and I will not accept your "off the cuff" style as somehow the exception to the rule here. nonhocapito was equally dismissive of our harsh manner at first, but I think, quite wisely changed his style in the name of everyone discerning social posts from useful posts.

This isn't a social call. It's an outfit, as horrible as that is for all of us who genuinely love people so much. And as social as the NASA/ESA and Terror hoaxes are (as it depends on so many people imagining a completely false reality as real).

And yes, I hate that. Yes, I hate that that is what we have to do, but it is what we have to do for this forum.

If you need help from us, you could ask us how we can help you phrase something better, but that risks our own input to your speech. And that is the opposite goal of our forum. We want people to speak on matters dear to them. If you are incapable of posting on this forum, despite how awesome you may be, that may just be the luck of the draw and you needn't take it personally.

But we do need standards for this place to maintain readability. Sorry, but we do. If it doesn't improve, I will encourage Simon and the others to ban you.