The Clues Chronicle — help decide the threads to read!

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest

What should be the order of topics on 'The Clues Chronicle'? (select up to 3)

You may select up to 3 options

View results

hoi.polloi

Re: The Clues Chronicle — help decide the threads to read!

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Simon, thank you for your kind words. It pleases me to no end to know that you are getting a kick out of our casual talks on these matters that are — so often — difficult to explain without the assistance of non-visual stimuli. Yet, after some reflection, I have come to appreciate that the lack of visuals is precisely what makes the podcast effective as such.

This may especially hold true for the subjective viewing of weird "Ebola" videos, as we try to approach in our latest episode, and the emotional triggers that can happen when we are visually disgusted by what may only be special effects or special audio-visual treatment of less serious disease than we are led to believe "Ebola" is. K and I have elected to release that episode ... right now!

I hope everyone who wants to has had a happy eclipse viewing, and that those who have refrained for spiritual reasons also have special cosmic insight gained during this interesting rare event.

In the mean while, anyone at all can take another form of casual break from the madness and listen to two skeptics weighing in on the whole "Ebola" scare from a few years back. I hope you all enjoy it!

Issue 21: Hi, 'Ebola Baloney'
http://septclues.com/theclueschronicle/2017/08/21/issue-21-hi-ebola-baloney/
antipodean

Unread post by antipodean »

Another interesting episode, you realize it's all bull when some of the usual suspects appear. Helping to over come 'passion fatigue'
Fortunately for the citizens of West Africa there was a happy ending last Xmas. The Lancet said so. . Explained in the last 2 posts of the Ebola thread.
http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?p=2402559#p2402559
(CNN) "An experimental vaccine against the Ebola virus was found to be 100% effective, according to a study published in The Lancet on Thursday."

"The results offer hope of better protection against the disease that ravaged West Africa in 2014, killing more than 11,000 people."
(...)
"The trial involved more than 11,000 people, according to the WHO who led the trial in conjunction with Guinea's Ministry of Health."

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/12/22/healt ... ine-study/
Summed up here.
1. Make people THINK there's a potential "humanity-ending" problem. (I.e. Scare them)
2. Spend a Lot of money to "research" it.
3. Conduct what is essentially a massive population "traffic control" operation under the guise of "safety". Who can challenge safety after all?
4. Conduct a study of "11,000" people (sheesh- how many times have we seen this number appear in the AIDS thread, amongst others?).
5. Proudly proclaim the 100% miraculous performance of the vaccine.
The Clues forum search engine is now a handy tool.
The Lancet is owned by Reed Elsevier mentioned here below. (Also Reed Elsevier back stopped 9/11 vicsim Ingeborg Lariby.
http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?p=2319552#p2319552

http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?p=2396046#p2396046

http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?p=2372035#p2372035
hoi.polloi

The term is "compassion fatigue" but I know what you mean. Very nice distillation, antipodean. And good work connecting the dots. We may be able to reflect on that in the next episode, which we hope to do soon.
hoi.polloi

The next episode will be another "CluesForum examines" with a focus on Albert Einstein.

Please let us know what are the most absurd aspects of the Albert Einstein character and story that you find the most mentionable. Anyone have ideas for that, please? :)
hoi.polloi

Gee. Nothing? Are we so burnt out of "science gods"?

Well, we gave it our best shot. In the newest issue, we hear a bit from 'smj' and riff on all we know or all we are supposed to know about Albert Einstein. We ended up with 4 hours of audio this time, and lots of excuses to play a cross-album medley of nice Simon Shack tunes over the course of the episode!

And away we go ...

Issue 22: The Clues Chronicle Examines Albert Einstein

By the way, as always, we ask that you please provide feedback (whether you liked something or didn't or just wanted to say something in response) so we know how we are doing and how to make the show better! :lol:

------------------------------------------------

Next time, "Does Rocketry work in space?"

Let us know your favorite arguments that are a "must include" for anyone getting introduced to the possibility that rocket travel through space is little more than a flight of fancy.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Dearest Hoi and Kham,

I am listening right now to this latest "Einstein radio show" - and enjoying it immensely. I feel bad about not having contributed to it - not even on this thread, as Hoi asked for suggestions for the show. My only excuses (which I hope you will accept) are the following (listed in random order) :

- I'm still profoundly immersed in my astronomical studies, almost 24/7, and am currently constructing an actual planetarium - the 'definitive one' I dare say - (with the priceless help of my Swedish friend Patrik who is soon coming to stay at my place for a week). As you may imagine, this is a mammoth undertaking which is absorbing most of my time & energy these days.

- All the same, I've also been composing / recording a new Social Service album with my fellow band members - as we have this tradition to make an album every year, no matter what! Our 2017 album (titled "Something Fishy") is soon about to be released - so please stay toooned ! :)

- To make things tougher, this Italian summer has been exceptionally hot - and having no air-conditioning in my house, it kind of drains my energy and hampers the functionality of my brain matter.

- Moreover, I'm currently having to battle with absurd WATER bills (of all things!) - as you can check out here (a short video I uploaded last night on YT):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lLyGuXHEis

- On top of that, my current (or should I say, "latest") gf appears to have dumped me (although I'm not quite sure yet) - but I'm kinda used to such mishaps: I fully understand why girls can only put up with me for maximum a year or so - due to my "manic-obsessive" dedication to arts, media-fakery & science, which allows far too little time for romantic relationships ... http://septclues.com/SIMON%20SHACK%20PI ... mon_01.jpg

All this to say thanks for your fabulous Clues Chronicle shows - complete with Hoi's fantastic, dedicated illustrations / "radio-show covers". This, the latest one, is absolutely hilarious - and one of my all-time faves :

I :wub: you guys.
hoi.polloi

I am sorry for your troubles, Simon. Thank you for the comments.

Gee, your water company appears to be billing you for the water equivalent of "dark matter". Relativity strikes again!

Just kidding. But I sincerely hope they reimburse you for that foul. :angry:

I totally understand about losing motivation to the heat. As a desert dweller, I know just what you mean. But I may be relocating soon — not too far — but just a bit out of the dry dusty valley. B)

We love you too man! :wub:

And I was just falling asleep listening to your music last night. I am so excited to hear that another album is on its way to our ears! I dig all your arrangements, and I especially like when we can hear the "New Wave" kind of sound through it. And although you say you are not a huge fan of your voice, I love your singing. I think it's awesome. Some of your songs are genuinely moving! Easy listening Music with Charm to the second power! E = MC^2

Of course, we missed your voice on this most topical issue, and helpful descriptions of your own model as well as your increasing awareness of the stupidity of pop science gods, but great things take time.

I would love feedback on this latest episode (from anyone, as well!) when you get through the whole protracted thing.
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

>with the priceless help of my Swedish friend Patrik who is soon coming to stay at my place for a week
Yes, it seems like I went up into the stars with you Simon :) But not on a rocket as I've confessed in another thread http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f= ... &start=855. I am sorry to hear about your gf. Looking forward to see you in a couple of days.

And THANK YOU so much Hoi, Kham and others involved for doing The Clues Chronicle. Used to be my treat when I was running. But I ran out of episodes. Now I have reason to pick up running again. :)
sharpstuff

Unread post by sharpstuff »

Dear Hoi,

Regarding the Einstein show. I am sure you must be aware of this book which I read a few years back. It pretty much covers everything about the entity (Einstein).

Here is a link to the whole book:

https://archive.org/details/TheManufact ... fSupremacy

Excuse me if this is old hat...

Kind Regards
hoi.polloi

Simon reports that the hiss in the audio is quite bad. I am sorry about that, I no longer have my nice mic. I have reverted to something less ideal. But fear not. It won't be the final archived version. I have to keep working on it.

In the meanwhile, for those that find it unbearable, please check out our previous episodes.
agraposo

Unread post by agraposo »

sharpstuff » 01 Sep 2017, 04:20 wrote:Here is a link to the whole book:

https://archive.org/details/TheManufact ... fSupremacy

Excuse me if this is old hat...

Kind Regards
Yes, old book, though I discovered it in 2015. I've read only the scientific part (600 pages). I don't know what to do with the jewish/zionist part (1,800 pages). Lots of notes and references.

Nevertheless, the author is not aware of the nuclear hoax. Nobody is perfect. :)

Page 489: "Israel is heavily armed with nuclear, biological and chemical weapons".

The book has been mentioned several times in this forum by Sasha, Maat, ICfreely, I think.
Sasha » 12 Oct 2011, 22:28 wrote:Jon Bjerknes had written a huge book few years ago on Einstein, free PDF format, where he exposes him as a plagiarist and a zionist. But he fails to mention that the entire doctrine is cabbalistic, and that Einstein is not fit even for a cabbalist.

Actually, I might start a thread on Newton soon. He was the magician.
It's a pity Sasha didn't start the promised thread about Newton.
Last edited by agraposo on Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
agraposo

Unread post by agraposo »

hoi.polloi » 01 Sep 2017, 06:02 wrote:Simon reports that the hiss in the audio is quite bad. I am sorry about that, I no longer have my nice mic. I have reverted to something less ideal. But fear not. It won't be the final archived version. I have to keep working on it.

In the meanwhile, for those that find it unbearable, please check out our previous episodes.
Hoi, why not put the entire audio as a YouTube video with English subtitles? For non-native English speakers like me it would be perfect!
Last edited by agraposo on Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
hoi.polloi

K started a project to turn all our podcasts into YouTube videos. Not sure the status of that, but a transcription is a great idea. We should try to spend some time transcribing the dialogue for ESL, for sure!

And thanks for the Einstein tip. There is also a brief interesting paper on "Tesla vs. Einstein" at www.theclueschronicle.info under the Newton episode.
hoi.polloi

Okay, the new version of the file has replaced the old. Sorry to early listeners. There should be a "de-esser" effect on the whole vocals now, which should make it less painful to hear. Please feel free to re-download and replace your old version. Thanks to Simon for the editing help.
Nathan Draco

Unread post by Nathan Draco »

I tried to download the audio but it keeps saying " Oops! That page can't be found " and when I try to play the audio on the browser it loads forever :(