The Clues Chronicle — help decide the threads to read!

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest

What should be the order of topics on 'The Clues Chronicle'? (select up to 3)

You may select up to 3 options

View results

SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Re: The Clues Chronicle — help decide the threads to read!

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

Just Released: Issue 29 . . . The Clues Chronicle Examines “The Talk”

SacredCowSlayer (“Ace” on the show) and family Talk About SEX in this Issue. You won’t want to miss it.

It would perhaps be appropriate (at some point) to reference this (Issue 29) in the “Parenting in the Simulation Age” topic. As my dear brother Smokeythebarrister stated, “if children feel free to talk with their parents about sex, they’ll feel comfortable talking about anything.” This of course would include media fakery and other issues of mass deception, for which there is more than plenty concerning the topic of sex.

I wish to express my sincere gratitude to Hoi and Kham for allowing me to host (and Co-Host) Issue 29 of the Clues Chronicle. It was initially recorded in my home with me, my wife, our daughter Dani, and our son Lane.

I hope you enjoy listening to our family talk about sex. And please don’t shy away. Rest assured it was chill and comfortable. That’s part of why we did this. We had a great time recording it.

We did join up about a week and a half later (at night) on a call with Hoi and Kham to record the Intro and Outro.

Enjoy! Please click here to listen- Issue 29 has just been published!

I look forward to getting feedback from our members.

Lastly, I must give an extra special THANK YOU to Hoi for his incredible efforts with the oh so tedious editing that goes into each Issue. He always does a tremendous job. Also, dear Kham, your voice and insight/perspective is always welcomed and appreciated.

Sincerely,
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Firstly, I must say that I very much enjoyed this Clues Chronicle episode - since sex should never be a taboo subject. Without sex, none of us would be here.

Secondly, I will have to tip my hat to SCS for his (and his wife and kids) superb openness about this subject. May all modern families be just as relaxed as they are about it. It's quite wonderful, in fact - and I can only wonder how I'd managed all of this if I were a father, like SCS - oh well, probably well enough...

Thirdly, one cannot deny that talking about the 9/11 hoax (or any major psyop) is just as difficult as talking about sex - in a normal, family conversation. This goes a long way to show how the scrutiny of "secretive things" in our lives are discouraged - lest we be liberated one day by realizing that they are just figments of the darkest and silliest expressions of human nature, currently upheld by a bunch of rogue, poorly-educated yet self-anointed noblemen and noblewomen (getting ever stupider - since they interbreed) who pretend to rule this planet.

To be sure, most families avoid talking about sex and the gang-rape of disinformation oozing out of their TV sets - since they are both equally "taboo" subjects.

Thank goodness, some families know better. May they ever grow in numbers! ^_^
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Thank you Simon for the feedback on Issue 29. As always, it was truly a pleasure making it.

I’m glad you enjoyed it.

I will be posting a link to the recently released Issue 30 later this evening when I get just a bit more time.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Issue 30: Welcome Dr. Morse

Please enjoy the most recent Issue (30) of the Clues Chronicle, which may be listened to here, or at the Clues Chronicle site.

Also, I wish to extend my warmest thanks to Dr. Morse for being on the show.

Sincerely,
ICfreely

Unread post by ICfreely »

Towards the tail end of the interview Dr. Morse mentioned having celebrity clients. Perhaps one of them can reach out to Kathy Bates before she testifies before Congress tomorrow. After having a double-mastectomy (and the removal of roughly 20 lymph nodes) she, surprise-surprise, developed:
Lymphedema refers to swelling that generally occurs in one of your arms or legs. Sometimes both arms or both legs swell.

Lymphedema is most commonly caused by the removal of or damage to your lymph nodes as a part of cancer treatment. It results from a blockage in your lymphatic system, which is part of your immune system. The blockage prevents lymph fluid from draining well, and the fluid buildup leads to swelling.

While there is presently no cure for lymphedema, it can be managed with early diagnosis and diligent care of your affected limb.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20374682

Anyhow, she plans on raising awareness on lymphedema, asking congress to allocate funds for research and treatments. Maybe someone should tell her that asking for allopathic solutions to iatrogenc illnesses will only compound the problem.

Just a thought.

Anyhow, kudos to Kham, Hoi & Dr. Morse.
ICfreely

Well I guess that fell on deaf ears. :)

Kathy Bates Testifies For Improved Lymphedema Treatment
by abarfield

Exciting news Lymphies! Kathy Bates is advocating for you as the spokesperson for the Lymphatic Education & Research Network (LE&RN) in order to have more lymphedema research performed and to gain more insurance coverage for treatment and equipment.
Kathy Bates Testifies For Improved Lymphedema Treatment

Kathy Bates and an army of strong, dedicated activists made their way to Capitol Hill to advocate for misunderstood lymphatic diseases as planning for 2020 fiscal year takes place. Lymphedema has been under-diagnosed, under-treated, and largely ignored for too long, but now with Kathy Bates leading the charge, she may be able to inspire the necessary change needed to improve the lives of fellow patients struggling with diseases.

Seven years ago, Kathy Bates was diagnosed with breast cancer. After a double mastectomy, her surgeons felt it necessary to remove 19 lymph nodes from her left armpit and 3 from the right. This is a common cause of lymphedema, and even though Kathy is grateful to still have her life and to be cured of cancer :huh: , she now struggles with a life long condition, lymphedema.

You are not alone in facing common lymphedema symptoms, as Kathy has also faced swelling, mobility, hospitalization for potentially fatal infections, time-consuming daily care regimens, and purchasing expensive compression garments.

Through her personal journey, Kathy learned that over 10 million Americans suffer from lymphatic diseases and it should be made clear to Congress that more treatment options are desperately needed.

Many develop lymphedema after experiencing cancer treatment, including ⅓ of breast cancer survivors, and thousands with ovarian cancer. For some it’s congenital, and veterans get the disease from trauma infections.

Lymphedema currently has no cure in sight and no approved drug therapy. Only three studies have been performed worldwide to seek new lymphedema treatments, as patients silently suffer and their disease progresses.

Through the lymphie network, Kathy heard many inspiring stories that motivated her to continue the fight by asking Congress to:

Provide the National Institutes of Health (NIH) with $41.6 billion for the 2020 fiscal year :puke: and advance lymphatic disease research by expanding resources and encouraging better coordination among relevant Institutes and Centers.

• Establish a National Commission on Lymphatic Disease Research at the NIH to identify emerging opportunities, challenges, gaps, structural changes, and recommendations on lymphatic disease research.

Provide the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) with $7.8 billion for FY 2020 :puke: and enable programmatic activity on lymphatic disease education and public awareness.

• Expand access to compression garments by requesting passage of the Lymphedema Treatment Act this year. Although this Committee doesn’t deal with insurance issues, we believe it’s important to concurrently make the case for the passage of the LTA.

About LE&RN

The Lymphatic Education & Research Network is a nonprofit organization that was founded in 1998 to fight lymphatic disease and lymphedema through education, research, and advocacy. LE&RN provides valuable educational resources to millions of patients suffering from lymphatic diseases. They also foster and support research that will expand the medical community’s understanding of the lymphatic system.

We Can Help With Insurance

If you’re suffering from lymphedema we can help you qualify to receive a lymphedema pump through insurance. Simply fill out our online form and we will review your coverage and options with you. Then we will submit all of the necessary paperwork to your providers and guide you through the process to qualify for the medical supplies you need.

We will continue to advocate for lymphedema awareness and assist patients in qualifying for the medical supplies they need to help patients experience an improved quality of life!

https://aeroflowinc.com/kathy-bates-tes ... treatment/

Way to "raise awareness", Kathy. :(

And good luck to all the "lymphies" (whatever the f**k that means) out there. You'll definitely need it.
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

The lymphatic system is comparable to a sewer system. And naturally if the sewer gets overrun and/or clogged up with too much junk there will be problems. It's also of course not a good idea to permanently destroy it by surgically removing lymph nodes.
ICfreely

Dearest Hoi,

I want to thank you for all your efforts. I’ve learned/unlearned so much from you over the years. You’ve accomplished more than you think. Your intellect, creativity and communication skills are second to none, good sir. I know for a fact that there are countless writers out there who’ve gleaned precious insights from this forum and incorporated them into their own work. They get all the accolades from their readers and, for whatever reason(s), never credit CF of course. Who knows why? Maybe they think it’s too “out there.”

I happen to think CF is way ahead of its time and am impressed by how you and Simon, having endured so much scorn and ridicule, have managed to maintain an even keel. Lesser men would have crumbled. I wish I had the same temperament you two have but we’re cut from a different cloth. Anyhow, I wish you all the best in all your future endeavors and look forward to whatever project you have lined up.

A wise enemy is better than a foolish friend.

This widely used proverb comes from Rumi’s Masnavi, where the following story is told.

A wise man was riding along a road, when he saw a snake crawling into the mouth of a sleeping man. Too late to stop it, he seized a club and began to beat the unfortunate sleeper.

The man leapt up, but the rider continued to beat him and drove him to a tree where a quantity of rotten apples were lying on the ground. These he proceeded to cram into his mouth, regardless of his protests and abuse. Then he continued beating him unmercifully until at last the wretched man vomited and brought up the snake.

As soon as he saw it, the man fell on his knees and began to praise the rider whom he had just been abusing. “But why,” he said, “didn’t you wake me first and warn me?”

“If I had done that,” replied his rescuer, “you would have died of fright on the spot. You would never have had the strength even to vomit.”

https://archive.org/stream/in.ernet.dli ... s_djvu.txt
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Thank you for the kind words. It is very appreciated.

Thanks to Simon, I have been able to make a new FTP account at Servage and request they fix the blog. As a result, it seems they claim the blog was never down in the first place (slightly strange, since the database was very much disconnected from the WordPress but no matter) and the site is restored, so we now have a good link to the podcast!

Deep apologies to anyone expecting us to cover more of a topic you voted for in the poll. I suppose as small consolation, this forum is a good precursor to anyone wishing to delve into the many opinions about such topics, and SacredCowSlayer and Dani have enthusiastically offered to pick up the mantle if/when they feel inspired to make an Issue 32, etc.

Speaking of the strange here is

Issue 31: The Clues Chronicle examines The Clues Chronicle

So, it's been a very fun 5 years ... producing audio trying to put the CluesForum in context for the average person. Well, we tried! For goodness' sakes, we can at least say we tried and if the biggest effect we had is the President of the United States actually talks about "Fake News", well, it's something.

My deepest gratitude to Simon for the use of his excellent music and everyone who offered the most hilarious retorts to those who would position themselves as enemies of the people. I know that more and more people in my life are becoming skeptical of the brainwashed mediaphile — she/he/they/it who only repeats back their favorite quips about opinions they aren't even informed enough to support (but for a great big leap of faith into the chasm their favorite opinion leader opened before them).

So let's hope kham and I and all the wonderful guests (and of course the best source material from the forum) did some good. I see evidence that we have. And as we grow older and hopefully less "knowledgeable" and more appreciative, I do declare that we have the potential to do even better.

Peace y'all
panertos

Unread post by panertos »

I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to all those who created these podcasts.

Over the past five years or so, I've been on a journey of seeking truth, and I've only recently discovered this forum. There is an abundance of information to absorb, and it's incredibly refreshing to listen to intelligent and humble individuals sharing their journeys, discoveries, and paths to truth.

Many of you maintain a remarkable sense of calm, reserve, and chill, which emotionally reaffirms that I'm on the right path.

I enjoyed episode 17, where you shared personal stories about your interactions with people around you. I could relate to many aspects, such as feeling 'tolerated even though I have these weird opinion' and hearing the common refrain of 'he'll grow out of it.' It's reassuring to know that you also face similar challenges.

Episode 20, where I resonated with SacredCowSlayer's personal journey, was also a highlight for me.

In the eyes of the outside world, I often find myself subject to ridicule. Depending on the topic, I might be labeled as a 'nazi' or a 'conspiracy theorist,' and all sorts of baseless theories are ascribed to me. It's a form of cognitive dissonance, as I've always received praise for my intelligence and now in their eyes, I'm going too far. Friends say I'm probably rebelling against authority.

What I truly appreciate about listening to you all speak is the realization that I'm not alone in going through this. I also love the overarching sentiment that this isn't about politics or winning debates; it's about truth. Truth is calm, it exists in stillness, and it remains unchanging.

I've noticed that the last post on this forum is from 2019, but I wanted to let you know that what you did is wonderful. Thank you!
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Dear Panertos,

Since you only recently discovered this forum, I am wondering when and where you found working links to the Clues Chronicle episodes - since i don't know myself where to find them! Thanks for letting me know :)
panertos

Unread post by panertos »

simonshack wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:40 pm *
Dear Panertos,

Since you only recently discovered this forum, I am wondering when and where you found working links to the Clues Chronicle episodes - since i don't know myself where to find them! Thanks for letting me know :)
Sure! well 2 days ago :) and I think I searched in my podcast app on "Cluesforum" to see i someone spoke on the forum and I so found the whole serie (hadn't spotted it on the site)

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/t ... 1042810911
https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/th ... KPtWOTEdD/

Also if you google for "cluesforum podcast" you find the links.