The Clues Chronicle — help decide the threads to read!

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest

What should be the order of topics on 'The Clues Chronicle'? (select up to 3)

You may select up to 3 options

View results

hoi.polloi

Re: The Clues Chronicle — help decide the threads to read!

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

LOL — this episode is almost as challenging as refuting relativity.

Okay, I fixed a typo. Link should work now. Whew!!!

Thanks, Nathan Draco!
hoi.polloi

I've already asked about this in the "Rocketry" thread, but if there is anything else you'd want K and myself to cover this time, please let us know. I am thinking: the main and best points or questions about rocketry.
hoi.polloi

Thanks, everyone. Please let us know what you think of our latest monstrosity of an audio ... an unprecedented 7 hours of CluesForum meditations, including four new hours with a very special past guest! ;)

Issue 23: Hi, ‘Does Rocketry Work in the Vacuum?’
http://septclues.com/theclueschronicle/2017/10/18/issue-23-hi-does-rocketry-work-in-the-vacuum/

On my sound quality: I am using a new high-quality USB microphone, by the way. And I have yet to find an ideal position with it so while my hissing has been reduced, I will occasionally "puff" a little too close to the mic. Sorry about that, but if you find any other oddities or annoyances, please let us know. And also, as usual, give us feedback on the content! It's welcome!

And if you like the podcast, share it! Tell your friends to subscribe on iTunes. Thank you!
hoi.polloi

For your convenience, I've updated the post to describe the main segments of Issue 23. They are:

Hours 1 & 2 : K and Hoi chat about current topics of interest (about 2 hours)

Hours 3 & 4 : K and Hoi speak with their guest about rocketry (about 2 hours)

Hours 5 & 6 : K and Hoi speak with their guest about astronomical observation(s) and how it interrelates with space travel; especially NASA’s failure to use the correct model in their simulations (about 2 hours)

Last hour: K and Hoi reflect on the key points to take away from the debate and also calculate problems with the shuttle launch story.
hoi.polloi

Greetings! Long time no post!

I have been so busy with a new job to bring my "registered serf income" (i.e.; bank) account up from nothing (unlike my usual life of just spending all my savings so I can work on personal creative efforts like this one) as well as a move to another city and trying to keep up with those projects. K and I have had to piece together this episode from 4 different sessions — and I do believe it turned out sort of cohesive, around the theme of comical airplane "disaster" stories. I have upped the quality of the recordings to 24 bit and 48000 Hz, as well as exporting a high rate mp3. This results in a larger file (463 MB this time) but I do hope it sounds better — though I mostly care about the awesome music (much of it from Simon's new album!) and not so much our every "um", "y'know" smack and tsk.

Anyway, it certainly is our conversation — tics and mannerisms included. If you like, don't like our talkin' customs, you probably, just like, ain't gonna like this! But, oh well!

RUNTIME: 05 h : 45 m : 19 s

We would really appreciate earnest feedback, as usual! Please let us know what you thought of the last two episodes! How are we doing?

Issue 24: Hi, ‘MH370’ and other ‘Airplane Disasters’

http://septclues.com/theclueschronicle/ ... disasters/
mh370_160311-teen-found-object-liam-lotter-yh-1011a_181fe569df43706c01282f73155bbf7dnbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg
mh370_160311-teen-found-object-liam-lotter-yh-1011a_181fe569df43706c01282f73155bbf7dnbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg (65.61 KiB) Viewed 9197 times
RETURN GUESTS: Ace (SacredCowSlayer) & Videre

SEGMENTS INCLUDE:
  • K, Hoi and Videre chat about the previous episode and topics of interest (about 30 minutes)
  • K, Hoi, Videre and Ace controvert on integrating “airplane disaster” hoax concepts (for about 1 hour)
  • K and Hoi chit chat about Simon’s upcoming solar system model (about a quarter hour)
  • K and Hoi review the MH370 thread at CluesForum (for roughly 2 hours)
  • Ace, K and Hoi reflect on the key points to take away from the TransAsia 235 thread at CluesForum while musing on hoaxer logic (last 2 hours)
Next time ... OSLO and UTØYA, 7/22 2011 so brush up on some truly epic tragicomedy (and bring your toilet scrubber to deal with the shill infestation) ... it's a massive 200+ page thread! :o

Anything you'd like to hear covered?
hoi.polloi

By the way, if one reason we aren't getting feedback lately is because the audios have grown too long, please let us know. I am happy to chop them up into individual 2- or 3-hour episodes with similar themes.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

hoi.polloi » December 18th, 2017, 12:19 am wrote:By the way, if one reason we aren't getting feedback lately is because the audios have grown too long, please let us know. I am happy to chop them up into individual 2- or 3-hour episodes with similar themes.
Okay my dear friend, I think the CC episodes are fantastic (sure I’m a tad biased).

That said, there is a psychological mechanism that triggers an alarm in my brain (and that’s probably common) when I see ANYTHING that is over 3 hours.

In fact, that was perhaps the single largest barrier for me to overcome when I started listening- whenever that was.

If it’s not terribly difficult/burdensome to break it up, then my humble recommendation would be to do so. They don’t have to be bite sized. Even broken down segments that go 2 or 2:30 hours might help some people overcome that fear of commitment to such a vast amount of time.

That’s my two cents anyway.

Looking forward to the next one. :)
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Alrighty, so although I agree with SCS (this last episode could just have been split in two parts) - I will enthuse firstly about the truly excellent audio quality, and you know that I'm hard to please in this arena. Simply fabulous - way to go! Secondly, I'll just reiterate what I've said on other occasions: the incredibly relaxed, thoughtful and articulate nature of your podcasts, dear Hoi and Kham, are a pure joy to listen to. Of course I'm biased, but I really must say that I cannot think of ANY radio I've listened to in my entire life that comes close to the depth, intelligent insight, refined humour and no-nonsense information provided by the Clues Chronicles. It is hard to imagine how ANY "non-initiated-into-media-fakery" listeners could possibly get away from these podcasts without starting to seriously reassess what they are being fed by the MSM (i.e. the Nutwork's media/military disinformation complex) - something which, of course, is the main point and raison d'être of our collective and ongoing efforts here at Cluesforum. Lastly, I'll commend the fine choice of songs for the music intervals - coz that stuff is right down my alley - but of course, I'm kinda biased again! ^_^
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

simonshack wrote:...the incredibly relaxed, thoughtful and articulate nature of your podcasts...
The chronicles are unique in many ways and the praise is deserved, but to be honest the format doesn´t work well for me. I have given it many tries but never managed to get past 30 min (sometimes the warm-up chat for the announced topic takes longer than that). Perhaps I have become too severely crippled by the deplorable hurriedness/efficiency virus of the workaholic. Or it could be the absence of visual supports.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Dear Flabbergasted, let me put it this way:

Here we are on this planet, with billions of citizens listening 24/7, day after day, after day, after day, after day - and after day again to the very SAME internationally-conniving media channels - spewing pathetic propaganda for their own profit. Most or ALL of those citizens actually agree to PAY to be fed this propaganda.

For instance, in Italy, if you own a TV set you are requested to pay to RAI (the Italian State Radio & Television) about 110 euros every year. Actually, it has gotten worse lately: they are now automatically billing you 110 euros on the ELECTRICITY POWER BILL. Of course, ALL Italians pay electricity bills. Now, if you DO NOT OWN a TV SET, you are requested to send a letter stating that you DO NOT OWN a TV SET! If you don't do that, you will still be billed those 110 euros-a-year on your electricity bill - automatically! That' s right: imagine about 50 million Italians paying 110 euros to RAI every year. Let's do the maths: 110 euros X 50 million people:

110 X 50,000,000 = 5,500,000,000 Yup, that's right : 5.5. billion euros is approximately what Italian State Television (and Radio) asks its citizens to contribute annually - in order to be brainwashed by their fake news.

So should Hoi and Kham chastize themselves for talking about REAL things for 5 interesting and deeply informative hours on this commercial-free radio? For free - and without any automatic plundering of your wallet? And without the power of invading your TV SET or RADIO receiver - but only hoping that anyone interested might click on the start button of their podcast, by their own free will? Come on now. -_-
molodyets

Unread post by molodyets »

hoi.polloi » December 18th, 2017, 6:19 am wrote:By the way, if one reason we aren't getting feedback lately is because the audios have grown too long, please let us know. I am happy to chop them up into individual 2- or 3-hour episodes with similar themes.
I don't know how I could enjoy my driving time more than listening to the podcasts, so make them as long as you like. I also very much appreciate the higher quality audio since I don't have noise canceling speakers and the road background noise makes low quality audio hard to understand.

I'm only half-way finished with it, but your perplexity about why they mentioned the age of the 4 year old and then the 2 year old, reminded me of my post:
molodyets » November 14th, 2017, 6:11 am wrote:This is a rant, nothing more, nothing less...A friend of mine posted the following article on his facebook page: http://www.anongroup.org/doctor-shot-dead/
I thought that was strange that they took the time to count 77 previous cases, and stopped counting when they reached "a few" years. Her husband apparently shot her, and then her 3 year old daughter and 9 month old son (39) then himself while both the mother and father were 39 years old.
If I was listing the child victims, I'd list the youngest first, then go up in age, so 42 might be a marker. Of what? I have no idea. I'm not that interested in numerology, but I can't help by notice some of the key numbers. 42 always reminds me of the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy...
hoi.polloi

I appreciate all the kind compliments we have received for our efforts. Particularly from Simon, who defends our format.
Flabbergasted » December 19th, 2017, 6:42 pm wrote:
simonshack wrote:...the incredibly relaxed, thoughtful and articulate nature of your podcasts...
The chronicles are unique in many ways and the praise is deserved, but to be honest the format doesn´t work well for me. I have given it many tries but never managed to get past 30 min (sometimes the warm-up chat for the announced topic takes longer than that). Perhaps I have become too severely crippled by the deplorable hurriedness/efficiency virus of the workaholic. Or it could be the absence of visual supports.
I do appreciate the feedback. We have gotten a lot of good praise while also being told it makes people very relaxed. Are we too sleepy?

Maybe our approach should be to "excite" or do something else? What do you think would make our show better, Flabbergasted? What "cues" might we take from existing media or maybe would you be willing to spend some time cogitating on a creative idea? We do want it to be better each time. And we still want it to feel very fresh and refreshing and different.

I like the concept that we are "modeling conversation" by just having conversation — in order to try to help listeners talk about things they might be otherwise unsure of or scared of talking about.
Kham
Admin

Unread post by Kham »

Flabbergasted,

With the last few audios, Hoi has posted a general timeline of subjects/topics. Have you tried fast forwarding the audio to the areas in which you are intetested?
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

Dear Hoi and Kham,

I want to express my deepest appreciation for The Clues Chronicle. You are getting better every show even though you started from a high level. We may have differences in terms of medicine and nutrition, but regarding the media, space and science fakery where I am a novice, I am learning so much from you. Let’s keep it real together.
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

Kham wrote:Have you tried fast forwarding the audio to the areas in which you are intetested?
Yes, the addition of a timeline has been a great help.

I don´t think the format of the chronicles should be changed. As I said, it's positively unique in more than one way and is clearly appreciated.

On the other hand, if I were to produce a podcast on a specific topic I´d probably make it more direct and condensed, that is, less chit-chatty, but not fast-paced, or reduced in content, or in any sense mass media-like.

To understand where I come from: For some 20 years I have been editing and translating research papers for a living. One of my primary goals has been to say as much as possible, as clearly and accurately as possible, with the fewest possible words. On the average, after editing/translating, articles are 20% shorter than the original manuscript. Putting myself in the reader's shoes, I look for ways to make the text attractive, save the reader´s time and eliminate ambiguity and vagueness. I am not saying this is even remotely useful in the context of the chronicles. I am just explaining how I came to develop an appreciation for brevity.