Tracing Genesis Through Ancient Culture

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
Dcopymope
Banned

Tracing Genesis Through Ancient Culture

Unread post by Dcopymope »

Did religion evolve from primitive nature worship, to belief in many gods, to belief in a single creator God?

Paul James-Griffiths challenges this view as he examines ancient cultures and religions. He shows how the texts and customs of multiple ancient cultures converge on the major events recorded in the early chapters of Genesis. Paul then argues these religions that diverge in many other ways must have had a common root - Genesis.
Tracing Genesis Through Ancient Culture:
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFgohPpu0rE

The evidence in this video explains what the apostle Paul was referring to in the scripture below, that there was a brief time in history when all of humanity knew who God was but soon became, in a nutshell, evolutionary pantheists after the Lord scattered the populace from the Tower of Babel, where every form of spiritual adultery and idolatry originated.
Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. - Romans 1: 19-25
Related: Exposing the Pagan Roots of Evolution
Farcevalue

Re: Tracing Genesis Through Ancient Culture

Unread post by Farcevalue »

What would be the end game here, assuming that things written in ancient texts can be verified as true? Would this prescribe a path to behavioral change?
Dcopymope
Banned

Farcevalue wrote:What would be the end game here, assuming that things written in ancient texts can be verified as true? Would this prescribe a path to behavioral change?
The only way we could possibly see any end game come out of this is to see the one thing that all cultures have in common. Some are pantheistic, polytheistic, animistic, some even atheistic to an extent, but all of them have at their root a type of evolutionary belief system as the explanation for the origin of the universe and all life. Beliefs can have serious consequences, as we see how evolution since Darwin has been used to justify all of their actions as well as every type of behavior, and as the Bible says, "by their fruits, you shall know them". It becomes quite clear that these cultures were originally monotheistic before they gathered in Babylon, which is the only explanation for why some of their stories, although embellished, still line up with what is written in the Bible, such as the deluge and the Genesis 6 event. It is why we see the similar myths in these ancient religions that are based on Nimrod.
"I suggest that human history can now hesitantly be traced back as an unbroken narrative to 4000 BC. The facts must not, however, be twisted to suit the fallacy of human progress...the picture...is in our period more of degradation than of success; it is also a picture of monotheism breaking down into polytheism and of the struggle to return to monotheism. The establishment view of the history of religion gradually progressing from animism to polytheism, from polytheism to monotheism is the reverse of the facts." - James Bailey, The God-kings and the Titans: The New World Ascendancy in Ancient Times (New York: St. Martin's 1973), p.296.
"In my opinion, the history of the oldest civilization of man is a rapid decline from monotheism to extreme polytheism and the widespread belief in evil spirits. It is in a very true sense the story of the fall of man." - Stephen Langdon, Semitic Mythology, vol. 5, in Mythology of All Races (Archaeological Institute of America, 1931), p. xviii.
It is at the Tower of Babel where they were instructed in the art of occult science and the religion of evolutionary pantheism, where they "changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshiped and served the creature more than the Creator". This is really the history of America in itself. In the beginning, it was largely Bible based or monotheistic, now it barely resembles what it used to be. So it is no coincidence that the Bible connects end times conditions of society to its beginnings at Babel, the "mother of harlots and abominations of the earth".
Farcevalue

Unread post by Farcevalue »

The narrative above is more descriptive than prescriptive. What would be the antidote for the devolution? How could it be verified and tested as being the actual divine antidote, as opposed to that prescribed by yet another charlatan simply leading the flock further astray?

If it were important, would not some sort of unassailable intervention be in order? How an omniscient deity can stand by idly while the fruits of it's creation descend into depravity?

Perhaps rationality and empiricism would make good antidotes to the barrage of myths and propaganda that bind and oppress.
Dcopymope
Banned

Farcevalue wrote:The narrative above is more descriptive than prescriptive. What would be the antidote for the devolution? How could it be verified and tested as being the actual divine antidote, as opposed to that prescribed by yet another charlatan simply leading the flock further astray?

If it were important, would not some sort of unassailable intervention be in order? How an omniscient deity can stand by idly while the fruits of it's creation descend into depravity?

Perhaps rationality and empiricism would make good antidotes to the barrage of myths and propaganda that bind and oppress.
I really don't have a solution, and quite frankly I don't think it can be reversed. Things are going to get a lot uglier very soon. However, removing evolution out of what are called 'science books' would be a start, as it serves as the rational for the depravity society finds itself in, as futile as this proposal is.
It is frequently claimed that Darwinism is central to modern biology. On the contrary, if all references to Darwinism suddenly disappeared, biology would remain substantially unchanged. It would merely have lost a little color. Grandiose doctrines in science are like some occupants of high office; they sound very important but have in fact been promoted to a position of ineffectuality. - G.W. Harper, School Science Review, vol.61, 1979
As for the question of God intervening, that day is coming. He is letting society hang itself, storing up against themselves Gods wrath for the day of judgment, to separate the wheat's from the tares. I don't plan on being here when the time comes.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Farcevalue wrote: Perhaps rationality and empiricism would make good antidotes to the barrage of myths and propaganda that bind and oppress.
Very well put, Farcevalue.

I far prefer your outlook than that of Dcopymope - who responded to you with this sad, depressing sentence:
Dcopymope wrote: I really don't have a solution, and quite frankly I don't think it can be reversed. Things are going to get a lot uglier very soon.
He then adds that he doesn't plan to be here 'when God's judgment comes'. Wot? How often have you sinned, Dcopy my son? :blink:

Well, I sure plan to be here as long as I damn can - and if some god's wrath hits this planet before I go, I plan to ask him for a raise! :P

Sorry, Dcopy - but this forum is all about rationality and empiricism. Please post this kind of stuff elsewhere. Thanks.