Forum down 5hrs...back on with '29 Guests'?

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
icarusinbound

Forum down 5hrs...back on with '29 Guests'?

Unread post by icarusinbound »

So another '503 Error', from 0900-1400UTC...yet the instant the forum comes back on-line, there's 29 guests?

Simon, is this outage again due to Swedish snow blackouts at the bunker? Or what?
simonshack
Administrator

Re: Forum down 5hrs...back on with '29 Guests'?

Unread post by simonshack »

Well, FYI: my home phoneline & internet connection have been down since this morning too... i'm typing this post from a friend's place. I've called my phone company - but do not expect them to fix the problem over the weekend.

Message to Abirato: i'll be back at my friend's place tomorrow - so I should still be able to do the show (at 6am EST - which is noon for me in Italy).
http://radio.abirato.info/
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

According to our stat program, we were getting a fairly steady increase in traffic before these regular outages started happening. It could be a coincidence, but it does seem to be an annoying one if it is. Since February of this year we have not had a month below 20,000 unique hits.

Again, it can probably all be fucked with, but an interesting 'trend' to note: if we get popular, we get more outages? Hmmm. <_<

And I remember your very unhelpful service company Simon - good luck with them!
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Woahh !

My home internet connection is already back - all of a sudden (on this Sunday night). I guess it was an 'internal error'... :P