THE DERAILING ROOM

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest

Re: Does Rocketry Work beyond Earth's atmosphere?

Postby The_White_Lodge on November 29th, 2017, 3:59 pm

Patrix,

That was a truly arrogant response, especially considering it was addressed to an imaginary person and certainly not myself since from my first post I have consistently stated that rocketry would not work in a vacuum (viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1632&p=2404517#p2404517).

To bring in the discussion about hypnotism from the other thread not only demonstrates your mental weakness in being unable to explain yourself without having to resort to character assassination, but it is a testament to your inability to consider anyone else's frame of thought other than your own.
The_White_Lodge

Re: Does Rocketry Work beyond Earth's atmosphere?

Postby patrix on November 29th, 2017, 6:48 pm

Dear WL,
I did not mean to come off as arrogant but can understand it could be read that way. Let's not fill up this thread with chit chat. There's PMs and a chat box for that. And please understand that the people on this forum (I'm a recent arriver) have been doing this for years and are a bit tired of people asking questions and bringing up things that have already been covered.
patrix

Re: Amateur Astronomy: What can we see?

Postby Altair on December 7th, 2017, 4:39 pm

Well, if the japanese are up to things like this one... It's just a matter of scaling.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijxe9qghRAU

EDIT: In fact this was not an hologram, just a projection in transparnent screen. However, I did a bit more of research on this topic, and it seems that already in 1969 it was possible to project holograms at 12 km...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20072480

ADMIN NOTICE (Simon): Dear Altair, I moved this post of yours to the Derailing Room - because what I wrote in this post of mine has nothing to do with holograms. It is about a wholly different laser technology which 'excites' molecules in the ionosphere in order to create "artificial stars".
Altair

Re: THE DERAILING ROOM

Postby Flabbergasted on December 14th, 2017, 3:34 pm

Peter » December 14th, 2017, 10:30 am wrote:To the God Squad as I annoyed someone talking about our ancient past earlier - I mention evolution sometimes because in this world of hoaxes and disconnect I think it's essential to work out what we are. A Catholic once told me that Catholic scientists mostly believe in evolution but just think that God started it all off. Who knows, that might be right, but it shows that the two are not incompatible.

I suppose I am the "God Squad" you refer to. I don´t mind the epithet, though somewhat pejorative, but, for the record, my objection to evolutionism (transformism) is not based on religion or the Bible, but on metaphysics, biology, statistics, observation and common sense (the first of these being the most important).

The fact that many Catholics admit transformism into their belief system does not prove the two are compatible but that Catholic teaching and identity have deteriorated.

Otherwise, I have read your posts with interest.
Flabbergasted

Previous

Return to THE LIVING ROOM