Fabricating Realistic Sceneries

Questions, speculations & updates on the techniques and nature of media fakery
fbenario

Fabricating Realistic Sceneries

Unread post by fbenario »

As a general matter we have to assume that, by the time a technology becomes public, the U.S. military has both had the technology, and used it, many years beforehand - such as on the whole 9/11 production. While this robot likely wouldn't be convincing to viewers in the same room, it certainly would look real when seen in a grainy, low-res video.
Robot Actress in Tokyo Steals Show (Reuters): Video of the Day

Reuters reports on a Japanese stage play, Sayonara in which a robot caretaker of an ill woman is actually played by a robot (or more accurately by an android, since the machine is made to look human).

Another, print, report is here. The android is named Gemini-F. The director, Oriza Hirata, says that the android is not intended to replace human actors, but that a new category of actors is now emerging, a mixture of human and machine.

http://www.juancole.com/2010/11/robot-a ... e-day.html
So that's an example of fabricating humans; how about the setting/environment?

One of the most notorious perp institutions, Texas A&M University, runs Disaster City, a realistic training ground for handling emergencies - and the article even mentions their use of robots! Not only that, they offer a course on Advanced Structural Collapse. (What a surprise.)
Rescue Workers Train in the Disneyland of Terror

Emergency workers from around the world receive training in "Disaster City," a Texas ghost town made up of derelict buildings, wreckage and debris. They learn how to deal with major fires, earthquakes, floods and terrorist attacks.

The Japanese delegation seems mesmerized by the sweating firefighters hanging from ropes in front of a building, as they saw holes into the walls. It's noon in College Station, Texas. The sun is directly overhead, and the air is hot, humid and still.

A US military Black Hawk helicopter is circling in the sky above the Japanese group. Plumes of smoke rise into the air in the distance, past collapsed houses, piles of rubble and the remains of a derailed Amtrak train. The smoke is coming from buildings and wrecked planes filled with straw.

"Disaster City," a bizarre ghost town the size of 30 football fields, where wrecks and ruins are carefully prepared and presented so that soldiers, firefighters and emergency responders from around the world can simulate every conceivable disaster scenario: earthquakes, tornadoes, floods, fires, gas explosions, attacks with chemical or biological weapons, and terrorist attacks.
Disaster City is also an open-air laboratory for the scientific community. Engineers from nearby Texas A&M University regularly use the site to test the instruments, sensors and robots they have developed.

Part of the concept of the ghost town is that the staged disasters should feel as real as possible, which explains the children's toys, bicycles, office chairs, odd pair of shoes and mutilated mannequins scattered among the wreckage and ruins of concrete, steel and wood.
Phillips, a powerfully built Englishman with a shaved head, is here for the second time. This time he is attending a course called "Advanced Structural Collapse 5." He wants to practice cutting his way through steel-reinforced concrete walls in collapsing buildings without "being sliced in two," as he calls it, by the force of a bursting steel rod.
the man who invented Disaster City. George Kemble Bennett, 70, heads the engineering department at Texas A&M University, and he is a member of virtually every committee involved in questions of national security. He is the director of the National Emergency Response and Rescue Training Center and the founder of Texas Task Force 1, an elite rescue team. A photo hanging on the wall in his enormous office shows Bennett pointing the way for former President George W. Bush.
"But when it comes to terrorism, to exploding buildings, massive pieces of concrete and steel wreckage and massive numbers of victims -- how do you prepare people for something like that?" [Bennett] asks. "Our emergency responders are being asked to do more and more, and before Disaster City there was no place that offered the possibility of training them for that."

When Ken Knight, London's fire commissioner at the time, stepped in front of the TV cameras after the July 2005 bombings, he said that training in Disaster City had helped his people react correctly to the attack.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/spi ... 57,00.html
It certainly wouldn't be hard for them to fabricate the streets/buildings of Lower Manhattan.
simonshack
Administrator

Re: Fabricating Realistic Scenes

Unread post by simonshack »

STARGATE STUDIOS (2009) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clnozSXyF4k

INDEPENDENCE DAY (1996)
(Just in case anyone argues that this kind of CGI technology did not exist prior to 2001)

ImageImageImageImage

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Fbenario,

That was a most interesting post. I was particularly intrigued by the man "who invented Disaster City":

George Kemble "KEM" Bennett http://www.tbpe.state.tx.us/board_bios/bennett.htm

So I searched around for some comprehensive bio of the guy. And found a good one...Here's where "KEM" comes from:

NASA fellowship: Pivotal period

Bennett's '68 summer of agony segued into a pivotal period for him and the world when he landed a NASA fellowship at what is now the Johnson Space Center in Houston. Between completing his doctorate thesis using NASA's computers and playing in the Apollo simulators, which were being run by a former colleague at Martin, Bennett helped develop the algorithms used to land Neil Armstrong's Lunar Module in the Sea of Tranquillity . He also set up probability models for the astronauts' quarantine after they returned from the moon. "I felt like what I was doing was giving my life quite a bit of meaning at that time," he recalls. "To be part of that is something you can't explain. I just wish I had kept all those old photos I used to be able to pick up for free. They'd probably be worth a fortune today"

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/G.+Kemble ... a061894369
Now, why do I get this feeling these "algorithms" have nothing to do with rocket science? :P
Heiwa
Banned

Re: Fabricating Realistic Sceneries

Unread post by Heiwa »

That disasters can be faked is true – but realistically? I went to Albuquerque, New Mexico, two weeks ago (Nov. 10) to lecture for NMSR about the impossible destructions of WTC1&2 from top down. You find the PPP of my lecture at http://heiwaco.tripod.com/HeiwaNMSR.pdf . Evidently skyscrapers like WTC 1&2 cannot globally collapse from top down due to gravity, initiated by a fire or small local failures up top, in spite of desperate statements by, in this case Dave Thomas and Kim Johnson of NMSR, to the contrary. Dave and Kim are famous to have discussed the matter with Richard Gage, AE911Truth, on Coast to Coast radio. As further explained on http://heiwaco.tripod.com/tower.htm it is physically impossible that a skyscraper can be demolished from top down by itself.
Conclusion therefore is that all videos of 9-11 showing WTC1&2 coming down in fountains of smoke, dust, debris, ejections of steel panels, etc, etc, are fake, i.e. simulations or animations produced by movie makers. Actually, the WTC destructions – the fountains – are not very realistic! They are too much Hollywood.
One clever lady at my lecture, Marilyn, asked the right question: ‘Who has made the movie that was shown ‘live on TV’ to confuse us on 9-11?’ Marilyn had understood that a movie was played on TV while the WTC-towers were destroyed using conventional means from bottom up. I have of course no idea who made the movie but the number of people is very limited. I would say 200-400 persons in US are suspect.
Interesting enough FBI, Albuquerque, contacted me on Nov.11 stating that they were going to review my information. I haven’t heard from them since.
simonshack
Administrator

Here's a good video to understand how they do it:

Virtual Reality, HDR, Photogrammetry at ICT

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUvAVjUnE8M

And for those of you who think that this stuff wasn't available in 2001 - please know that these guys were behind the MATRIX movie (1999).
hollycrap

Unread post by hollycrap »

Digital people (the making of "TItanic")

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-lBk1x7bk

:P
Equinox
Banned

Unread post by Equinox »

Yes here is more of how they do it...
Does this make you wonder how much footage from prominent world events is actually digitally created to assist in advancing a dark agenda?

How much fake news are we being fed?

Dictators, terrorists, riots, revolution beamed into our living rooms as part of on-going psychological warfare against the masses?

Is this a conventional war of tanks and guns and bombs in Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya or is it really all part of a sustained psychological war on the minds of every single person on the planet who watches television?

Our advise? Stop watching mass media news. There's nothing good for us there!

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbvgOFxp-hk
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

Thanks for posting that vid Equinox as I had been looking for that for some time since seeing it on another previous post a kind soul had posted [thanks to them too!].

This is a great example of fakery 'in the flesh' so to speak, as some people are still unaware as to how realistic this can be.

I don't expect many to be 'woken' upon seeing this as I believe it is almost a 'war' of attrition in trying to remove the [years of] build up in their minds of the detritus resulting from watching/listening/reading so much MSM since childhood.

I now see that Titanic is also having scenes 'remastered' to take into account the actual night sky that would have been visilble at that time and at 'that' location.
icarusinbound

Unread post by icarusinbound »

simonshack wrote:
And for those of you who think that this stuff wasn't available in 2001 - please know that these guys were behind the MATRIX movie (1999).
If forum members are unaware of the disturbing and potentially-significant 1998 movie "Dark City", they should acquaint themselves with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_City_%281998_film%29

wiki wrote:When Proyas finished his preceding film The Crow in 1994, he approached production designer Patrick Tatopoulos to draw concepts for the world in which Dark City takes place. The city where the story takes place was entirely constructed on a set; no practical locations were used in the film. Tatopoulos described the city:

The movie takes place everywhere, and it takes place nowhere. It's a city built of pieces of cities. A corner from one place, another from some place else. So, you don't really know where you are. A piece will look like a street in London, but a portion of the architecture looks like New York, but the bottom of the architecture looks again like a European city. You're there, but you don't know where you are. It's like every time you travel, you'll be lost.
And of course...
wiki wrote:The Matrix was released one year after Dark City and was also filmed at Fox Studios in Sydney using some of the same sets (from Dark City). Comparisons have been made between scenes from the movies, making note of similarities in both cinematography and atmosphere, as well as the plot
The dark, wet, moving and morphing buildings of "Dark City" have always reminded me strongly of classic 911 imagery, full of dream-like menace with an intensity that is at times unbearable to watch, yet totally compelling. The fusion of photo-realistic backdrops that move and slide across the screen, coupled with an conspiratorial suspension of reality, must have had a strong influence upon lots of movie-goers...and perhaps others.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

icarusinbound wrote:The dark, wet, moving and morphing buildings of "Dark City" have always reminded me strongly of classic 911 imagery, full of dream-like menace with an intensity that is at times unbearable to watch, yet totally compelling. The fusion of photo-realistic backdrops that move and slide across the screen, coupled with an conspiratorial suspension of reality, must have had a strong influence upon lots of movie-goers...and perhaps others.
Very well-phrased!
confusioused

Unread post by confusioused »

This video isn't really about faking scenery and media (yet), but instead is about what I believe they are moving towards in our near future. Because of seeing this video just the other day, I believe now that they may really be testing out the project bluebeam on the masses. And seeing of course how the stupid masses fall for it, and accept it with open arms, just gives me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Hopefully I am wrong though.

Tupac Hologram (2012 Tupac Performs Live on Stage at Coachella)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo0Xg1YWV68
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

confusioused wrote:...testing out the project bluebeam on the masses
Please do not refer to conspiracy theories as if they were proven facts. Most of the conspiracy theories out there were concocted by the same people behind the fakery and the scams: they are distractions and ways to control and direct critical thinking. This "project bluebeam" is as thin as the rest of them and could very well be a distraction.
Let it be enough to say that this hologram technology could be used tomorrow in support of media fakery events based on image manipulation. Even though the recent history of fakery we are uncovering all the time proves that there is really no need for holograms to sell any story to the people, as long as all the media play along.
LightCone

Unread post by LightCone »

nonhocapito wrote:
Please do not refer to conspiracy theories as if they were proven facts. Most of the conspiracy theories out there were concocted by the same people behind the fakery and the scams: they are distractions and ways to control and direct critical thinking. This "project bluebeam" is as thin as the rest of them and could very well be a distraction.
Let it be enough to say that this hologram technology could be used tomorrow in support of media fakery events based on image manipulation. Even though the recent history of fakery we are uncovering all the time proves that there is really no need for holograms to sell any story to the people, as long as all the media play along.
If I may add:

Apparently the "Tupac hologram" wasn't even a hologram.
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/technology/2012/04/19th-century-technology-behind-coachellas-tupac-hologram/51229/ wrote:That Tupac hologram that wowed Coachella crowds Sunday evening and will maybe go on tour wasn't actually a hologram. It was a technology that dates all the way back to 1862 called Pepper's Ghost, said The Wall Street Journal's Ethan Smith on The News Hub. "It’s not a hologram. It’s very, very simple technology, from the Victorians actually," Jim Steinmeyer, illusion designer and author of the book Hiding the Elephant, confirmed to The Atlantic Wire.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

LightCone wrote:
nonhocapito wrote:
If I may add:

Apparently the "Tupac hologram" wasn't even a hologram.
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/technology/2012/04/19th-century-technology-behind-coachellas-tupac-hologram/51229/ wrote:That Tupac hologram that wowed Coachella crowds Sunday evening and will maybe go on tour wasn't actually a hologram. It was a technology that dates all the way back to 1862 called Pepper's Ghost, said The Wall Street Journal's Ethan Smith on The News Hub. "It’s not a hologram. It’s very, very simple technology, from the Victorians actually," Jim Steinmeyer, illusion designer and author of the book Hiding the Elephant, confirmed to The Atlantic Wire.
http://www.musion.co.uk/index.html

And yes, you are right, it's based on "Pepper's Ghost". http://www.musion.co.uk/peppers_ghost_history.html
simonshack
Administrator

The question today isn't : "what can be done with Hollywood-grade technology ?" The question is:

WHAT CANNOT BE DONE WITH HOLLYWOOD-GRADE TECHNOLOGY?

All the below imagery is computer-generated. And no, the people and objects featured in these clips are not 'cartoons' : they are real people/real objects/real landscapes - processed and animated with the help of high-end special fx technology.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryYz0AdGL0

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWc9U-_tXWw

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhN1STep_zk

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clnozSXyF4k
arc300

Unread post by arc300 »

icarusinbound wrote:
The dark, wet, moving and morphing buildings of "Dark City" have always reminded me strongly of classic 911 imagery, full of dream-like menace with an intensity that is at times unbearable to watch, yet totally compelling. The fusion of photo-realistic backdrops that move and slide across the screen, coupled with a conspiratorial suspension of reality, must have had a strong influence upon lots of movie-goers...and perhaps others.
There should be a Clues Forum Prize for writing like this.
This paragraph really hit me. Could it be that the shittiness of the 911 imagery was intentional?

[...]moving and morphing buildings [...] 911 imagery, full of dream-like menace
[...] unbearable to watch, yet totally compelling.
[...] backdrops that move and slide across the screen,
[...] suspension of reality, [...] strong influence upon lots of movie-goers...and perhaps others.

Could it be that, for those who commissioned the 911 imagery, realism was not as important as a sense of unbearable dream-like menace, an intense and compelling mind-fuck of bridges dizzily swimming across tangerine skies and cartoon satans appearing in the billowing smoke? Did they think that a more realistic story would find fewer devotees because, without the phoney side-show distractions, the inconsistencies and unlikelihoods would stick out like a pork-chop in a synagogue, clear for all to see 'neath the crisp, blue autumn sky?

In support of this line of thinking, you could say that
1. 'they' had the technology to make more realistic visual effects (Terminator 2 from 10 years earlier had better effects) and
2. 'they' made the right call to focus on emotion over realism because it obviously worked on most of the people most of the time.

I remember watching Faces of Death (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faces_of_Death)when I was a kid. Even though I was a bit suspicious of its authenticity, I still found it unbearably horrifying, yet irresistibly compelling. I'm sure part of this film's horror was due to the shitty visual quality and the badly dubbed, wobbly background music. If it had been HD, we would have seen that the 'monkey's brain' was actually made of cauliflower, or it may be that real life, or real death is just too banal for this fat, jaded, over-stimulated species.