FUKUSHIMA nuke/tsunami scare 11-03-11

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
simonshack
Administrator

Re: Japan Earthquake 11-03-11

Unread post by simonshack »

gwynned wrote:Listen to Chris Matthews.....We've all been watching the footage. It looks like a disaster film, something that could have been done digitally!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ndKbOMQ ... dded#at=57
Nice. The guy seems to have a clue!

In any case - and as far as I am concerned, it is now a proven fact that at least some tsunami footage sold as 'news' (and broadcast to the entire world's TV audience) has been created digitally. In the light of this, I would like to see this thread's discussion to evolve without undue digressions.

The question we have is: WHY are they faking the imagery of 'natural disasters'?
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

simonshack wrote:Here we compare the two "different" bridges. Please note that they are NOT, in fact, much different at all. What's going on? Are we looking at the same bridges - the same location? It would appear so: compare the green foreground objects and all the visible poles . Picture "A" depicts a moment before all the cars and boats disappear under the bridge. YET, IN PICTURE "B" YOKO AND THE CARS ARE NOW STATIONARY AND APPEAR TO HAVE NEVER BEEN WASHED UNDER THE BRIDGE. Or are you going to say the second bridge with the underpass lies further down the river? Let's go to Kamaishi and check this out, ok?
I see most of what you are pointing out in your post except this part of the bridges being two different very similar bridges. My impression is that "B" is the same as "A" at an earlier stage. In "B" waters are pushing cars and various crap against some sort of barrier that protects the underpass. Later, with "A" waters have reached the tipping point and have flooded the underpass, which causes the accelerated flushing down of all cars. Or am I seeing it completely wrong?
warriorhun

Unread post by warriorhun »

Dear simonshack,

you say:
The question we have is: WHY are they faking the imagery of 'natural disasters'?
I say:
if you use fake images for real events, which are viewed as totally credible imagery because there was a real event, you condition the viewers eyes to accept CGI imagery as real. So, when you use CGI imagery for faked non-events, it will not jump out because it looks exactly the same... The important point is, everybody should accept the fake images as real as well as the real images... Perception manipulation. You do not only move fakery towards more realistic: you have to move the accepted perception of real imagery closer to the faked images you produce so they will be accepted as one.
That is the best I can come up with.
nonhocapito

hoi.polloi wrote:
Thanks for expressing so well what my mind was trying to find a way to describe. Really invaluable "big picture" vision that you have. And yes i know and have expressed many times that we are facing control freaks who want project their personal illusion of control onto us, and this is why I think that Haarp is fantasy just like UFOs or Nuclear weapons are fantasy.
And this is very liberating to think, actually. I also think that charity is yet another side of the scam, and indifference to the news is by now a much more human and desirable reaction. For everyone. Compassion should work like growing vegetables: locally.

On a technical point of view (of how things are worked out in the end) I still have trouble... but I don't expect others to provide all the answers, as always I just don't want to skip on the possible contradictions. Consider my posts as the blade where you guys can sharpen your pencils.
For example: the potential conflict that you have when people over there have their own direct experience of the tragedy, and soon will have their videos stories photos to share, and this might very well disrupt, even radically, some CG imagery that was prepared in advance barely imagining what could happen in one location or the other. Because this is Japan we are talking about, one of the most connected nations in the world (not Rwanda)...
Dcopymope
Banned

Unread post by Dcopymope »

warriorhun wrote:Dear hoi.polloi,

Well said.

I have just one more idea to add, which may sound a bit wild. Well, in fact a very wild idea. If they can sell real catastrophy with fake imagery, they also can sell non-existing catastrophies, with similar fake imagery, too. We all have read speculations about shutting down the internet. Speculations about stopping air traffic on the long run-that volcano dust thing in Europe not long ago seemed a bit dodgy to me.
I know it is very wild, and I do not want to catapult the topic into fantasyland. But if they managed to shut down both internet and air traffic-that means communication and travel-then, on TV, they can sell you the end of the world. The sky is the limit. Alien invasion. Nuclear holocaust. Whole continents swallowed by sea because of global warming. Meteor crash. Take your pick. Anything is possible.

So, my take on Japan: I think they are selling a real event with faked CGI imagery.
This is supposed to be a disaster isolated to one area, so it only has to be real to the people who are supposed to be experiencing it. As for everyone else around the world, they give them fake footage of that event to distort their perceptions of it so that they never how it all truly went down. But staging something thats supposed to be experienced by everyone on the planet, like an alien visitation or nuclear strike is a whole different ball game altogether. They are going to have to do a hell of lot more than just show us fake footage on TV, as everyone on the planet is supposed to experience it themselves. You can only do so much with just media fakery. As history shows, using fake footage alone to sell an event or story only works in isolated cases, but it has not been proven to work to sell an event thats supposed to happen on a global scale, as it hasn't been done yet. Its not "fantasyland", its common sense.
simonshack
Administrator

nonhocapito wrote: I see most of what you are pointing out in your post except this part of the bridges being two different very similar bridges. My impression is that "B" is the same as "A" at an earlier stage. In "B" waters are pushing cars and various crap against some sort of barrier that protects the underpass. Later, with "A" waters have reached the tipping point and have flooded the underpass, which causes the accelerated flushing down of all cars. Or am I seeing it completely wrong?
Dear nonhocapito,

So let me see what you are proposing. I'll do my best to see it your way, ok? :

According to you, the chronology of these images works this way:
1) : Here we see a moment in which the tsunami has calmed down, leaving dozens of stationary cars (and YOKO) floating against the obstacle of the underpass. The yellow 'doughnut' is also perfectly still. Two cars drive along the underpass, oblivious to the upcoming and deadly second tsunami wave...

2): Suddenly, a surge/second wave of the tsunami arrives and pushes all the cars and the doughnut and Yoko under the bridge:

Well, I would already question whether tsunamis come in such successive waves: Do you think they do?
nonhocapito

simonshack wrote:Well, I would already question whether tsunamis come in such alternate, successive waves. Do you think they do?
Well, maybe, yes... :)
A tsunami .... is a series of water waves [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsunami ]
simonshack
Administrator

Ok, well - I'll take this step by step, nonhocapito (will return to YOKO later).

What is your take about this? Can you see the entire width of the water-AND-spray-layer raise in unison?
This is important - because it excludes the objection that the water level raised due to another 1.6 sec of flow :

And this?
regex
Banned

Unread post by regex »

The missing building is a good catch simon.

The clip you posted is even more interesting. Here's the link again

So, all you see there is supposed to be live.

But what does the anchor say at 2:25 then?
" The live-camera has captured.. is capturing images [...]"

Whoops, this somehow reminds me of the 9/11 "another missi... plane has just hit the tower"-case

Also, at 2:06 there is again a short clip that really reminds me of the 9/11 footage. Is this supposed to be a real helicopter?
nonhocapito

simonshack wrote:Ok, well - I'll take this step by step, nonhocapito (will return to YOKO later).

What is your take about this? Can you see the entire width of the water surface raise in unison?
This is important - because it excludes the objection that the water level raised because of the 1.6 second delay:
Hey, i did notice those details. I have no objection against them. I cannot judge the rising of waters but certainly the disappearing/changing building does remind of the spaghetti fakery of mr. Bertolaso...!
I was just pointing out the part that seemed less strong (bridge-not bridge) of your exposé, because I have this uncontrollable need to make others arguments more solid this way :)
Uranus

Unread post by Uranus »

Look at head of the man. Is that a shadow next to it ?

simonshack
Administrator

Regex, thanks for your best post so far on this forum. <_<
warriorhun

Unread post by warriorhun »

Dear nonhocapito,

you say:
For example: the potential conflict that you have when people over there have their own direct experience of the tragedy, and soon will have their videos stories photos to share, and this might very well disrupt, even radically, some CG imagery that was prepared in advance barely imagining what could happen in one location or the other. Because this is Japan we are talking about, one of the most connected nations in the world (not Rwanda)...
nonhocapito, there is one detail I think you overlooked: that the JAPANESE TV is showing the same imagery to the japanese viewers.
Also, Japan is under US military occupation since 1945.
Uranus

Unread post by Uranus »

What about this picture. Look at the water flowing around the trees in the background.
And then compare the size of the background details to the foreground.
Seems they have mixed to different photos into one:
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Hey was Shigeru Miyamoto-san in charge of this operation? Looks like everything is flattened into the same perspective! :D