it is very hard to say as the things are in motion, we have to speculate on the go. So far I would say, in my humble opinion, lots of things are happening under the big umbrella, aimed at different outcomes, but the main aim is de-stabilizing the Middle East, selling it as "people of Islam want liberal, secular democracy and not Islam in the Middle East" to the Western TV viewers, plus incite revolutions in the Middle East using Media and Social Media. There are un-certain variables, like the counter-intelligence activities of the targeted countries: if we can figure out what is happening, so can they. Of course, just as the war on terror, the main aim is to destroy Islam as they destroyed Christianity. Let me give you my take: it is up for discussion.
1. In Yemen, because of the "Al-Qaeda" activity, I would say an islamist state as a new evil for the Axis. An islamist government with "Al-Qaeda" (IDF Mistaravim) connections, so the Americans will have a free hand to blast women and children herding camels or men chilling out with ghat in the tents, with UAV drone-strikes, whenever they feel the urge to do so. And if there is an "Al-Qaeda"-connected regime, that would mean the Mossad has in its hand the ghat production and supply, a HUGE business in Yemen, Somalia, Ethiopia and Kenya. wikipedia says: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khat
(Just as Afghanistan was invaded to control Heroin production, and this winter they took out the old organisation of the supply route: I bet they are busily building the new. On those large planes carrying one kidnapped "terrorist" to torture in secret bases, there is place enough to hide a few kilos of smack, I bet.)
2. In Iran, the main enemy, a little blood-letting, making the government shoot on its people. Probably as a prelude of UN sanctioned invasion to liberate the poor oppressed people, just like Saddam's Iraq was liberated. (The invasion is a wild, wild guess by me, I admit).
3. In Syria, neighbour of Israel, to let the Baathist regime fall, and a democratic pro-West (therefore pro-israeli) government take over. The recent news, when Iranian warships went to Syria through the Suez Canal in Egypt, which made Israel outraged, suggests the Iranian and Syrian Counter-Intelligence working together to counter the provocations, and the Iranians sent the ships for information gathering on the real situation in Egypt on site.
4. The remaining countries are sideshows, somewhere the fakery has to continue and fake/altered images have to be taken, so the Media image saturation, now that Egypt is over, can continue towards the targeted countries. Maybe, but I am not sure, the Americans are stupid enough to de-stabilize the pro-US Monarchies to export democracy. I am not sure, because that means they are so, so fucking stupid that I flat out refuse that they can be that really, really stupid. Maybe they are: in this world of ours, only death and human stupidity is sure.
Update: dear brianv, you are right.
5. Libya. Gaddhafi did everything he could to suck up to the West, stopped aiding terrorists, renounced WMDs, and so on. But since Ronald Reagan bombed Tripoli, and the Lockerbie case, they wanted to take him out. I would guess this is a USA operation mostly. Yeah, liberal democracy will be born there, with a few hundread dead. As Gaddhafi was building kind of Socialism, that will be the only up-lifting moment during the "Crescent of Arabic Democracy"-plan. Of course, later the country will be robbed blind, and all social achievements of Gaddhafi-if he did any such thing, I have not a clue-will be destroyed. Libya will remain fucked up thoroughly.