Hackers, Cyberterrorists, Cyberwarfare

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
fred
Banned

Hackers, Cyberterrorists, Cyberwarfare

Unread post by fred »

Lulzsec
Anonymous
Wikileaks

Fake, fake, fake. It's hard for me to believe that anyone takes this crap seriously. It's not even scary. Why bother?

Drone warfare at its finest.
fbenario

Re: Hackers, Cyberterrorists, Cyberwarfare

Unread post by fbenario »

[quote="fred"][/quote]
I liked the vast majority of your posts before you 'went away' for a long time, and I've liked all of your posts over the last week since you've 'returned'. Any chance you'd tell us why you went away?
fred
Banned

Unread post by fred »

Thanks for the kinds words. Part of the reason is that I have a very hard time logging in and posting here, but mainly it's that the propaganda has been so transparent and the board has been so quick to rip the new scams to shreds that I feel like I haven't had much to add to the discussion.

I may be wrong, but I'm under the impression that the number of people who have a pretty solid understanding of these matters has increased exponentially. I see a lot of knowing comments from posters on more general-interest websites. I'd like to believe the hypnosis is wearing off.

There have been so many good posts from the people on here that I don't see too many holes I can fill.
anon1911
Banned

Unread post by anon1911 »

fred wrote:Lulzsec
Anonymous
Wikileaks

Fake, fake, fake. It's hard for me to believe that anyone takes this crap seriously. It's not even scary. Why bother?
Please tell me how Anonymous could be fake.
fbenario

anon1911 wrote:
Anonymous
Wikileaks

What could be easier to contemplate than the CIA operating under the 'Anonymous' rubric? I think you can do better than that. In fact you'll need to if you want to contribute to the forum.
anon1911
Banned

fbenario wrote:
anon1911 wrote:
Anonymous
Wikileaks

What could be easier to contemplate than the CIA operating under the 'Anonymous' rubric? I think you can do better than that. In fact you'll need to if you want to contribute to the forum.
If the CIA acts under the name of 'Anonymous', this doesn't imply that anything caused under the name of 'Anonymous' is fake. Hence I cannot agree with the assumption that 'Anonymous' is fake.
To be more concrete: If the CIA hacks any Server under the name of 'Anonymous', this event is fake of course. The 'group' Anonymous does exist anyway.

Also: Nobody provided any proof that LulzSec is fake. How come you take the right to make these conclusions without any research?
Mickey

Unread post by Mickey »

I think that the entire PSN hacking was faked by Sony and obviously got the right kind of support from the authorities that matter.

This was a nice way for them to patch up PSN holes because of Custom Firmware backdoors and a number of other tuneups/cleanup that were required for the network. There were different types of attacks that were carried out against Sony, but most were DDoS by the real Anonymous group that idle of IRC etc in protest of the Sony's fraudulent cases against GeoHot and Graf_chokolo. These were not "faked".

But the PSN going offline for a full month because of another breach of security claims were most likely faked by Sony. Apparently whoever got in, downloaded the entire customer info database and left traces leading to the CIA etc haha. What a joke. They needed to go the Pay-To-Play model and had to make other security related changes. But simply taking it offline for that long would have caused a bigger furor from the fanboys and addicts. You can find some fake news of the "private customer database " for sale, as if real hackers were trading Credit Cards and hijacking identities. LMAO. Just think about it, if some database like this was really out there, there would have been tons of cases of the CCs getting fraudulently charged and identities stolen. Instead all you read in the media was some phony couple of cases.

On top of all this, the gamer addicted sheeple were ready to run the "war against hackers", ready to lick up anything the Sony was ejaculating.

Sony also filed phony cases against GeoHot, FailOverflow and Graf. If you were following it, it was a mockery of the law in a lot of situations. Integrity of a few were most likely compromised in that whole episode.
fbenario

anon1911 wrote:
fbenario wrote:
anon1911 wrote:Please tell me how Anonymous could be fake.
How come you take the right to make these conclusions without any research?
I didn't 'take the right' to do anything at all. You asked how Anonymous could be fake, and I answered you. Your nitpicking this point is silly.
anon1911
Banned

fbenario wrote: I didn't 'take the right' to do anything at all. You asked how Anonymous could be fake, and I answered you. Your nitpicking this point is silly.
So considering your first post: How could I do "better than that"? What do you expect me to do to contribute to the forum? Do I have to come up with speculations that don't have any reliable sources and do I have to assume that everything is fake that fits into some 'big picture' of the perps?

Present me sources that LulzSec or Anonymous is fake and we'll talk. Your pure imagination isn't enough proof. <_<

Edit: Sorry for being harsh. Just can't stand anyone selling me something as fact without giving sources. This goes to fred, not to you, fbenario.
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

anon1911 wrote:Present me sources that LulzSec or Anonymous is fake and we'll talk. Your pure imagination isn't enough proof. <_<
The manipulated and manipulative nature of "anonymous", "wikileaks" and similar enterprises has been discussed at lengths on this forum. Just check the wikileaks thread here: http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=486

"Anonymous" is obviously fake, in the sense that the "grassroots" "spontaneous" nature of the "movement" is entirely fake. Of course not necessarily fake are its power or its consequences.

This anonymity bullshit is obviously the perfect screen behind which to hide all sorts of manipulative actions on the internet and from there onto reality. All it takes are a number of servers and zombie computers at your disposal, and a number of strategically placed agents and shills to give the illusion of a widespread spontaneity behind a given intervention.
If at that point people join the cause it matters little. People are in desperate need to experience some illusion of dissent, without the risks of leaving their desks or compromising their lives. Internet itself among other things can be a manifestation of fear and delusions of dissent... let's not forget how emails became popular in the age of AIDS, because all of a sudden people had fear of contact.

Technologically it's nothing fancy. It's the "ideological" idea behind it that is pure genius: allowing the "globalists" (for lack of a better term) to create "dissent" like they create money, out of thin air and when needed.

Not far are the days when fake wars and fake revolutions will be declared because of fake leaks and fake "anonymous" cyber-coups.

It is not up to us to "demonstrate" that "anonymous is fake". It is rather on those who believe in it to explain how on earth, and based on what, can they even remotely trust whatever comes from a "network" that is completely faceless and obviously conceived to never take responsibilities.

One day it attacks Iran, another day it attacks this or that local government, another day it attacks a social network that as a consequence is allowed to monitor its users closely... Anyone who believes things like these can happen in today's reality without being immediately hijacked by centrally driven forces should re-consider his way to understand the world.
anon1911
Banned

nonhocapito wrote: The manipulated and manipulative nature of "anonymous", "wikileaks" and similar enterprises has been discussed at lengths on this forum. Just check the wikileaks thread here: http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=486
I read all the threads since I'm a reader on this board for several months now.
"Anonymous" is obviously fake, in the sense that the "grassroots" "spontaneous" nature of the "movement" is entirely fake. Of course not necessarily fake are its power or its consequences.

This anonymity bullshit is obviously the perfect screen behind which to hide all sorts of manipulative actions on the internet and from there onto reality. All it takes are a number of servers and zombie computers at your disposal, and a number of strategically placed agents and shills to give the illusion of a widespread spontaneity behind a given intervention.[/u]
Well, the roots of 'Anonymous' are in the boards like 4chan, since everyone that posts there is 'Anonymous'. Pure internet humor and mindfuck. In the early days of 'Anonymous' it was just a joke. I don't know who the first group/person was, that acted under the name of 'Anonymous' for any political purpose.
Not far are the days when fake wars and fake revolutions will be declared because of fake leaks and fake "anonymous" cyber-coups.
The next big war will probably caused by a 'cyberattack' (I hate that term), may it be a false-flag operation or not. But as you probably know the USA has this new act that makes a cyberattack a 'plausible' reason for war.
It is not up to us to "demonstrate" that "anonymous is fake". It is rather on those who believe in it to explain how on earth, and based on what, can they even remotely trust whatever comes from a "network" that is completely faceless and obviously conceived to never take responsibilities.
Taking no responsibilities for actions you take will become very important in the near future. 'Anonymous', may it be a government creation or not, is still a chance to establish a scene that I call 'Internetdemonstration'.
The good thing is, you don't have to trust anyone within this network. You either participate in an action under the name of 'Anonymous' or not.
One day it attacks Iran, another day it attacks this or that local government, another day it attacks a social network that as a consequence is allowed to monitor its users closely... Anyone who believes things like these can happen in today's reality without being immediately hijacked by centrally driven forces should re-consider his way to understand the world.
'Anonymous' as a whole cannot be driven into any direction. Plan something, maybe create a small group, act under the name of 'Anonymous' and fullfill your plan. That's it.

The only problem I see with 'Anonymous' is, that EVERYONE can act under it's name. Governments, intelligence services etc.
Wheter 'Anonymous' was created by some 'force' or not is not what I want to judge, but after all this movement was the best that could have happened for governments that want to keep the idea of 'terror' alive. In future they might just do it under the name of 'Anonymous'.
But as mentioned above, this whole 'Anonymous' thing may give us also chances, however they might look like.
Mudkipz

Unread post by Mudkipz »

My thinking on Anonymous, being no stranger to 4chan myself is that when they started up, back in the days when they were ordering pizzas to Scientology centers and attempting to 'liberate' the children of a psychotic feminist they were probably just genuine people acting under a banner, flying a flag to give them a cause and purpose. Due to the diffused and decentralised nature of the way 'Anonymous' is it becomes the easiest group in the world to blame for something because all you have to do is put up a few posts on 4chan saying it was an anonfag raid.

At least Anonymous has had a positive effect preventing the spread of the religious cancer we call Scientology.
whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by whatsgoingon »

a
Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
anon1911
Banned

whatsgoingon wrote: End of story. No history on the Web. They are pure vapor.
I'm getting thousands of links that date back to 2004...
whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by whatsgoingon »

a
Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.