BURAN - and the spaced-out Soviet efforts

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
Dmitry

Re: BURAN - and the spaced-out Russian efforts

Unread post by Dmitry »

simonshack wrote:*
Btw - can you see one single living soul in the 3 above images? Yeah, I know - the Soviets were on a low budget, but stlll!...
At least not so overpopulated to let masses of people just standing (smoking? drinking vodka? playing balalaika?) at the frost near those high toxic explosive barrels. This is not like in airport where there is always some plane to load with luggage, meal etc. and there is a plenty of small cars and large buses.
simonshack wrote: Dots - or no dots? - that is the question:
I'm a little color blind but it seems to me that those dots are red. If so, it could be some temporary markers or latches. "Before the start, lift away all red (except the USSR flag)" is the old aviation rule.
Dmitry

Re: BURAN - and the spaced-out Soviet efforts

Unread post by Dmitry »

simonshack wrote: The most extraordinary part of this story - technically speaking - is that BURAN was a carbon-copy of the NASA Shuttle - down to the smallest details:
Dolphins look a lot like fishes. They even didn't steal the design, but simply live in the same conditions. In fact, Soviet engineers obviously used some stolen information. But, AFAIK, they didn't made a perfect copy. This is why the only flight was [declared] unmanned.
simonshack wrote: Needless to say (as I've mentioned before in the 'Endeavour' thread) - it is quite absurd that the original shuttle design hasn't changed a whisker for all of 30 years.
"Aspirin" formula is aged more than a century, but still is in use. Is it absurd?
simonshack wrote: But what to do with THIS further absurdity? Are we to believe the 'Evil Empire of the Soviet Union' copied/plagiarized that multi-million $ design down to the very last screw - and America just stood by and looked on?
There are well documented cases of similar plagiarism. Nearly all Soviet computers in 1970s and later were copied from IBM (mainframes, later PCs).
simonshack wrote: All this at a time when 'Star Wars Reagan' was pushing for the SDI missile shield...
Reagan announces Star Wars 1983 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U8cHjCBDFc
“The Soviet Union is an Evil Empire, and Soviet communism is the focus of evil in the modern world” (Ronald Reagan)
Well, OK, and he got over this empire, without much blood, economically. What do you expect, an atomic bombardment? This would be much less effective.
Dmitry

Unread post by Dmitry »

whatsgoingon wrote:Nice find Simon. You also will not believe the launch photos for all the satellites. Check out the uncanny resemblance, i.e. the same exact angles and lighting during launch. Only the writing on the nose cone changes more or less. :lol:
http://space.skyrocket.de/doc_lau_det/a ... _h10-3.htm
Ariane-44LP H10-3 (Brasilsat B3 & Inmarsat-3 F5)
Ariane-44LP H10-3 (DirecTV 4S)
You are wrong: not only writing, but also the smoke differs.

Both pictures are nightly; the lighting is done with the same projector (why to change or move it at all?) The camera also must be fixed: this not an amateur photo.

What natural (not technical) detail is the same on both pictures?
whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by whatsgoingon »

a
Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitry

Unread post by Dmitry »

whatsgoingon wrote: They must have footprints on the ground for the photoshooter man with exact elevation and azimuth details for his camera angle. The smoke looks terrible. Oh and the lighting is exactly the same.

Nothing really different but the writing. But thanks for your cautious advice.
In your opinion, what, must be different on two photos of identical rockets shot with fixed (most probable the same) camera enlightened with the same (or similar) projector at night? Rockets of the same model are not different model girls, you know. They must look similar, unless completely broken. It's normal.

The lighting, photo, TV etc. equipment also has no reason to fly about randomly.
whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by whatsgoingon »

a
Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitry

Unread post by Dmitry »

whatsgoingon wrote:You are violating Occam's razor and suggesting that cameras are computer controlled and mounted and so forth. I am saying the simpler hypothesis.
After the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nedelin_catastrophe it really should be mounted and remote controlled.
bostonterrierowner

Unread post by bostonterrierowner »

I don't know if this a right thread to post it but I will do it anyways :)

Are our "western" members familiar with the fact that Soviets didn't only put first human in the orbit ? They put there a first dog as well. First ASTRO-MUTT was called Lajka and she actually was socially elevated after this event . Lajka originated a new canine breed called Lajka too :)

I am not sure if a first dog in space survived her trip into outer space ....
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Dmitry wrote:
simonshack wrote: Needless to say (as I've mentioned before in the 'Endeavour' thread) - it is quite absurd that the original shuttle design hasn't changed a whisker for all of 30 years.
"Aspirin" formula is aged more than a century, but still is in use. Is it absurd?
Dmitry,

I must say this comment of yours confirms my long-pondered suspicions that you are either a very stupid person or a very silly shill. I have very little patience with either of such individuals. Dmitry dear, quite frankly now: I kindly asked you to comment on this BURAN thread (compiled over months of steady research) - and all you offer is this inane comparison between the evolution of Aspirin and the US and USSR Space Shuttles? Nothing else? No sensible comment about the Buran imagery as expounded in this thread? And you're Russian?!

Your contributions in the satellite thread have been equally weak and vapid - and none of your apparent proficiency in algebra/maths/physics has impressed me. I wish you good luck trying to impress people elsewhere. Bye now.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

You can buy a splendid BURAN mug for only $19 ! ^_^

...and a BURAN t-shirt goes for a bargain price of $29 ! :o

Best of all: you can get yourself an original BURAN heat-shield TILE - for as little as $140 !!!

http://www.buran-energia.com/boutique-s ... ucts_id=36

( Does anyone know where I can purchase NASA Space Shuttle tiles? I'd like to build a garden shed with US / Russian space tiles! :P )
Q_prime

Unread post by Q_prime »

Wow, tiles made of polystyrene foam?!
* me feels like waking up from the Matrix world after taking the red pill *
Thunder

Unread post by Thunder »

I saw the Buran OK-GLI very very close and even was inside it. But it doesn't have these red dots on the side.
But yes, the Buran and the NASA shuttles are indeed copies of each others! This is intentionally.

I made some photos of the Buran, if I find them I can post some of them.
rusty

Unread post by rusty »

For what it's worth - I saw the Burak OK-GLI recently too. It's exhibited in the technical museum at Speyer, Germany.

But you can't really get "inside" to see what is there, except for the tail part where you see lots of cables but nothing else. This strikes me as very odd. Did they remove everything from the craft in order to build some direly needed fridges and alarm clocks from it? Why don't they let visitors inside, even if it is indeed empty???

Also, this whole craft looks like it's made of tiles or rather bricks. The interior design (as far as it's visible) looks like a cold store. Also, this reminds me of a quote from the HHGTG that bricks can't fly. It is inconceivable to me that this thing has lifted off by itself just by using some rocket thrusters.

Some obviously fake photos are exhibited as well. But they don't even claim they are authentic ;)

rusty
fast67vellen2o

Unread post by fast67vellen2o »

So these photos came across my Facebook news feed the other day. I would have posted them earlier but I have been very busy with work lately.

This is purported to be the Buran space shuttle in a very neglected state. I do not know who took the photographs. Sorry to drag up an old thread but I figured they were worthy of posting.

Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

fast67vellen2o wrote:Sorry to drag up an old thread but I figured they were worthy of posting.
You did very well in posting those pictures. In fact, I wish more material was available on this crazy Russian hoax.