ENDEAVOUR - the 30-year Space Shuttle hoax

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
hoi.polloi

Re:

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

simonshack wrote: Not fully convincing? Can it be 'cameraman drift'? Here's a shorter loop - with horizon 'slipping' to the right:

So yes, NASA has even bothered producing (cheap) fake videos of "people watching the launches"...sigh! :rolleyes:
But Simon, don't you know this Cameraman is a bootlegger standing 7 miles away and using his 7-mile zoom to spy on the party-goers? Obviously, that jiggle is due to his tripping over the turnstile at the entrance and accidentally falling into the cockpit of a drifting 9/11 helicopter preparing to survey the scene! :lol:
Heiwa
Banned

Re: ENDEAVOUR - and the spaced-out NASA efforts

Unread post by Heiwa »

- see below
Last edited by Heiwa on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

http://www.cnes.fr/web/CNES-fr/10064-de ... eaming.php

It works fine, IMHO :rolleyes:

But I agree that the ISS does not exist, so whatever they sent up in LEO never reached the non-existing ISS. The show must go on!
Starbucked

Re: Re:

Unread post by Starbucked »

hoi.polloi wrote:
simonshack wrote: Not fully convincing? Can it be 'cameraman drift'? Here's a shorter loop - with horizon 'slipping' to the right:

So yes, NASA has even bothered producing (cheap) fake videos of "people watching the launches"...sigh! :rolleyes:
But Simon, don't you know this Cameraman is a bootlegger standing 7 miles away and using his 7-mile zoom to spy on the party-goers? Obviously, that jiggle is due to his tripping over the turnstile at the entrance and accidentally falling into the cockpit of a drifting 9/11 helicopter preparing to survey the scene! :lol:
Based on 6.7 miles from the Causeway viewing area to the launch pad it should take the sound of the launch -32 SECONDS- to reach the causeway. 10800 meters/ 340m per sec

Nasa states "Because sound travels slower than light, you will see the shuttle launch before you hear it, so watch!"
So I'd assume they don't have a P.A. system to bring the launch sound to the attendees.

http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/LTT.aspx

Note in the video I posted (from around 5:10 mark) that there is NO delay in the sound.
Let's all go explore the youtubes for a launch filmed from the Nasa Causeway that has a 32 second sound delay.
Boethius

Unread post by Boethius »

Starbucked wrote:
hoi.polloi wrote:

Based on 6.7 miles from the Causeway viewing area to the launch pad it should take the sound of the launch -32 SECONDS- to reach the causeway. 10800 meters/ 340m per sec

Nasa states "Because sound travels slower than light, you will see the shuttle launch before you hear it, so watch!"
So I'd assume they don't have a P.A. system to bring the launch sound to the attendees.
It looks like the Causeway Viewing area provides a PA system:
NASA wrote:The following amenities are provided at the NASA Causeway for your convenience:
• Launch countdown commentary on a public address system

Am enjoying to work being done on evaluating the veracity of NASA launches, by the way. Excellent stuff.
Given that NASA doesn't have space rockets, what are they sending into the air and where is it going?
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Boethius wrote: It looks like the Causeway Viewing area provides a PA system:
NASA wrote:The following amenities are provided at the NASA Causeway for your convenience:
Well, as I trust you'll agree with, it doesn't really matter what NASA writes on its website.

The "amateur videos" of people watching the Shuttle launches are demonstrably fake. Therefore, any information NASA has on its website regarding the alleged public viewing areas are divested of any credibility. Agreed?

This absurd 'horizon-drift' is particularly interesting, as it goes to confirm the proprietary flaws / bugs of the "3D" imaging softwares they have been using, at least since 2001 (think "Verrazzano bridge").
Boethius

Unread post by Boethius »

simonshack wrote:
Boethius wrote: It looks like the Causeway Viewing area provides a PA system:
Well, as I trust you'll agree with, it doesn't really matter what NASA writes on its website.

The "amateur videos" of people watching the Shuttle launches are demonstrably fake. Therefore, any information NASA has on its website regarding the alleged public viewing areas are divested of any credibility. Agreed?
Agreed. On the same site they warn that the sound will take some time to travel so they now have it both ways.

The PA is probably a CYA allowing them, or their apologists, to explain either the delay or lack thereof (the PA was working/not working/on the blink, etc...) for any video being questioned.
simonshack
Administrator

Maat wrote:I love Ariane Acme rockets too :wub:

Woah, did you travel all the way to Kourou to paint over the "ariane" logo with that "acme" logo, Maat? :P
Lovely! :wub: (hope you managed to get an autograph from Wile E Coyote!)
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

2 instances of blue and white stripes on the left? :D
rusty

Unread post by rusty »

simonshack wrote: This absurd 'horizon-drift' is particularly interesting, as it goes to confirm the proprietary flaws / bugs of the "3D" imaging softwares they have been using, at least since 2001 (think "Verrazzano bridge").
As hoi already indicated...if you just use absurd zoom settings, the software will produce the results you see in the video. It's not a bug. As a software developer I can tell for sure that more often than not the problem is sitting at the computer. So don't blame the program or the engineers!

I guess they have to use these absurd zoom settings, because in the "real" amateur videos you probably see next to nothing, it's all too small. So NASA can claim that those amateurs just had inappropriate equipment or skills to capture the event in a sensible fashion.
simonshack
Administrator

rusty wrote: I guess they have to use these absurd zoom settings, because in the "real" amateur videos you probably see next to nothing, it's all too small. So NASA can claim that those amateurs just had inappropriate equipment or skills to capture the event in a sensible fashion.
Right on - exactly my thoughts.
rusty wrote: As hoi already indicated...if you just use absurd zoom settings, the software will produce the results you see in the video. It's not a bug. As a software developer I can tell for sure that more often than not the problem is sitting at the computer. So don't blame the program or the engineers!
It's still human error, though - either way! A flawless, infallible engineer/software developer would integrate in the imaging software some "safeguard-script" which would alert/or impede the software operator to incur in such damning, surreal-looking perspectives and visuals. For instance, modern audio softwares will alert a recording studio technician (mixing a song from multiple tracks) whenever any track goes into clipping - or is overly compressed. The final mix would otherwise risk sounding like crap - and lots of precious studio-time would go to waste.

Not to offend in any way you, your category / or line of work, Rusty - by any means! But, as Riccardo used to say (my recording engineer/teacher), "l'errore è sempre umano!" (The error is always human) ;)
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

simonshack wrote: Woah, did you travel all the way to Kourou to paint over the "ariane" logo with that "acme" logo, Maat? :P
Lovely! :wub: (hope you managed to get an autograph from Wile E Coyote!)
Well, I did get his card ^_^
coyote-wile e coyote genius.png
coyote-wile e coyote genius.png (53.6 KiB) Viewed 12068 times
simonshack wrote: Image
http://youtu.be/_NeOvN_w3JI

This absurd 'horizon-drift' is particularly interesting, as it goes to confirm the proprietary flaws / bugs of the "3D" imaging softwares they have been using, at least since 2001 (think "Verrazzano bridge").
Oooh! This may solve the mystery of that moving horizon, Simon...

:blink: :D
TrutherInTX

Unread post by TrutherInTX »

simonshack wrote:
Boethius wrote: Well, as I trust you'll agree with, it doesn't really matter what NASA writes on its website.

Simon, this is a great example of the fakery. Can you please add the link to the video you pulled it from. I was sharing this with another person this evening and it would be helpful to show context of the video you pulled from.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

TrutherInTX wrote: Simon, this is a great example of the fakery. Can you please add the link to the video you pulled it from. I was sharing this with another person this evening and it would be helpful to show context of the video you pulled from.
Hey, TITX, apart from my having already included the original YT vid link in my post above (where I quoted Simon & his gif from it), you will also find if you go to the beginning of the previous page (i.e. 43) and actually read the posts, there's one by Starbucked containing that video, followed shortly after by Simon's acknowledgement thereof and various gif loops he made from it, as well as this one.

It would be so helpful if members would read previous posts to avoid such redundancies.
XQB

Unread post by XQB »

Fascinating thread, I just got through reading every post. Heiwa, I'm quite surprised that you bought into France's fake space program - hook, line, and sinker. Hate to break it to you, but your heroic French Ariane rockets are just as fake as NASA's cartoon shuttles. It doesn't take a genius to figure out why.

How fitting that the start of this thread marked an end to NASA's fairy tale space shuttle launches. Now that the shuttle scam is put out of its pathetic misery, you gotta love Mr. Obama's loony proposal of landing on an asteroid. How fitting, since Hollywood already wrote that script 15 years ago with Armageddon!