Fakery in Orbit: THE I$$

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
Terence.drew

Re: ENDEAVOUR - and the spaced-out NASA efforts

Unread post by Terence.drew »

And Lo the twin towers themselves shalt appeareth ! But wait...'A' plane approacheth! Eyed up yonder steadfastly by pig eyed sheepherder a miracle unfolds! holy of holys the word 'beautiful' gusheth out (or gusheth in) from zone of impact.
Protect us from all anxieties conspiratorially ! Praise be to the Lord (bono)!
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

I don't believe perp puppets like U2 are really consciously aware of how they're being used, simply seduced and blinded by their desire for recognition, fame and a feeling of importance. No doubt believing they do 'good' with their 'humanitarian' causes. Basically just very "useful idiots" — hardly likely to be 'in on' any actual plans of the PIC (Pigs In Charge) ;)

As for the Kelly word-game special FX, there's obviously no need for any time consuming or complicated logistics (like the 'vomit comet') to create a weightless illusion — and not a very good one at that — when all he's doing is hanging upside-down (puffy faced, duh) and releasing paper cards. The rest is video edits & shoop FX with animated cards that they couldn't even get right (remember the inverted hand of that Norway vicsim?) :lol:

In case anyone missed it, the mirror writing 'oops' pics are in my post of yesterday (before the thread page changed)

I also think the back-lighting was done that way to give the effect of sunlight without any 'blue earth' that might distract from the PsyOp's main message — as well as disguising his 'suspended' face in shadow <_<
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

Maat wrote:In case anyone missed it, the mirror writing 'oops' is in my post of yesterday (before the thread page changed)
I considered it, Maat, and I am not sure that I am seeing what you see. The letters "ION" are upside down, and this is consistent with the spinning of the word "NATION" that we see happening (in fact, you simply flipped the image vertically to make it read right).

It is confusing that the backing strip should appear at the front at that point, not again at the back, which, you're right, seems truly odd.

On the other hand we are not seeing the front mirrored here, because the dark lines are missing. Actually the same thing happens at the beginning, with "7 Bil"

The thing is that the backing strip does not appear to run all the way to the back.
At the moment I have come to the conclusion that this is not a backing strip per se, upon which the letters have been glued: but rather a single piece of cutout paper where the lines have been printed.
In other words, when the piece spins, we see the backing strip as being in the back, only because the paper on the other side is printed in dark grey.

Not that this diminishes in any way the absurdity of what we are seeing. :)
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

nonhocapito wrote:
Maat wrote:In case anyone missed it, the mirror writing 'oops' is in my post of yesterday (before the thread page changed)
I considered it, Maat, and I am not sure that I am seeing what you see. The letters "ION" are upside down, and this is consistent with the spinning of the word "NATION" that we see happening (in fact, you simply flipped the image vertically to make it read right).

It is confusing that the backing strip should appear at the front at that point, not again at the back, which, you're right, seems truly odd.

On the other hand we are not seeing the front mirrored here, because the dark lines are missing. Actually the same thing happens at the beginning, with "7 Bil"

The thing is that the backing strip does not appear to run all the way to the back.
At the moment I have come to the conclusion that this is not a backing strip per se, upon which the letters have been glued: but rather a single piece of cutout paper where the lines have been printed.
In other words, when the piece spins, we see the backing strip as being in the back, only because the paper on the other side is printed in dark grey.

Not that this diminishes in any way the absurdity of what we are seeing. :)
Ah, I'm sorry Nonho, my referring to it as a 'backing strip' to indicate where to look seems to have confused what I was trying to explain. That was a descriptive term to see the outline of the letters for comparison, and how they are shown to be read. It is the last 3 letters of NATION you can see at the edge (with just the bottom edge of the 'A').

However, regardless of whether they are stencil cut, pasted or painted, turning letters upside down only (like the 7-BIL] cannot make a mirror image, i.e. back-to-front. English ain't Russian ;)

I realize I should have added this first flip image in the sequence before 180 rotation to make it easier to follow:

EDIT 2 add: Notice in this horizontal FLIP that the ATION is now showing correctly as it should when upside-downbut the rest of the scene is reversed!

P.S. I know it's a mind-bender, Nonho, but remembering the N is supposed be at the end of the word might help :)
nonhocapito

I'm not sure I'm following Maat!

Isn't this image:

simply flipped vertically here?

Now the writing reads correctly. Doesn't this show that the "nation" cutout simply flipped on itself floating around...? The video shows the cutout flipping and not simply rotating. In fact we see the back here, and not the front. Or am I being very stupid...?
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

Re: U2 - Puppets or not, they are canny enough to live in Ireland.
Why?
Because as artistes, they are exempt from taxation on their 'work' as given below in the Irish Tax Act below:
Also see link http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/reliefs ... ption.html
Guidelines
Introduction

Guidelines were drawn up in 1994 to determine whether works falling to be considered under Section 195, Taxes Consolidation Act, 1997 are original and creative works and whether they have, or are generally recognised as having, cultural or artistic merit.
General

Section 195, Taxes Consolidation Act, 1997 provides that a work for the purpose of the Section is an original and creative work in one of the following categories:
a book or other writing;
a play;
a musical composition;
a painting or other picture;
a sculpture.
Revenue may determine such a work to have, or to be generally recognised as having, cultural or artistic merit.

In broad terms, therefore, in order to secure exemption under Section 195, a work has to be both original and creative and to have either cultural merit or artistic merit.
In order to be granted a determination under Section 195, it is not necessary for a work to have both cultural and artistic merit - the presence of either quality is sufficient.
In applying these guidelines, Revenue may, as provided for in Section 195, consult with such person or body of persons as may, in their opinion provide authoritative assistance to them in establishing whether a work is a qualifying work for the purposes of Section 195

Definitions
Cultural or artistic merit

A work has cultural merit if its contemplation enhances the quality of individual or social life by virtue of that work's intellectual, spiritual or aesthetic form and content.
A work has artistic merit when its combined form and content enhances or intensifies the aesthetic apprehension of those who experience or contemplate it.
Original and Creative

For the purpose of a determination under Section 195, Taxes Consolidation Act, 1997 the term "original and creative" encompasses any unique work which is brought into existence for the first time as an independent entity by the exercise of its creator's imagination.
A non-fiction work in category (a), a book or other writing, will be considered original and creative only if,
It comes within one of the categories cited in Appendix A, and
The essence of the work is the presentation of the author's own ideas or insights in relation to the subject matter, and the ideas or insights are of such significance that the work would be regarded as a pioneering work casting new light on its subject matter or changing the generally accepted understanding of the subject matter.
Exclusions from the compass of "original and creative"
The following types of work in the categories set out in Section 195, Taxes Consolidation Act, 1997 will NOT be regarded as coming within the compass of "original and creative".
A Book or other writing, notwithstanding paragraph 9, above
A book or other writing published primarily for, or which is or will be used primarily by, students pursuing a course of study or persons engaged in any trade, profession, vocation or branch of learning as an aid to professional or other practice in connection with the trade, profession, vocation or branch of learning.
An article or series of articles published in a newspaper, magazine, book or elsewhere - except a book consisting of a series of articles by the same author connected by a common theme and therefore capable of existing independently in its own right.
A Play
Types or kinds of plays written for advertising purposes which do not exist independently in their own right by reason of quality or duration.
A Musical Composition
Types or kinds of musical compositions written for advertising purposes which do not exist independently in their own right by reason of quality or duration. Arrangements, adaptations and versions of musical compositions by a person other than a bona fida composer who is also actively engaged in musical composition.
A Painting or like picture
Types or kinds of photographs or drawings (other than a set or sets of photographs or drawings that are collectively created for an artistic purpose) which are mainly of record, or which serve a utilitarian function, or which would not exist independently in their own right by reason of quality or by reference to their potentiality for inclusion as part of an art exhibition.
A Sculpture
Types or kinds of objects which are primarily functional in nature, objects produced by processes other than by hand, objects produced by hand by persons other than those actively engaged as bona fide artists in the field of visual arts.
"Yes, let's reduce third world debt whilst I pay no taxes" I wonder when their song of that title is coming out?
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

nonhocapito wrote:I'm not sure I'm following Maat!

Isn't this image:

simply flipped vertically here?

Now the writing reads correctly. Doesn't this show that the "nation" cutout simply flipped on itself floating around...? The video shows the cutout flipping and not simply rotating. In fact we see the back here, and not the front. Or am I being very stupid...?
Ok, I think I just recognized why the 'backing strip' effect, as depicted to outline the letters forward, is really relevant. The left-to-right facing N (of NATION) is rendered as if on the front of a backing strip (in relief &/or outlined) — as the others are. That is why it should not be showing it as forward or in front when it is vertically flipped.

Also the fact that it defies all practical sense of how simple stenciled word cards would be made in reality; so complex with a strip sandwiched between a back and front part of each letter, FFS? Just proves it IS CGI to me! Does that make better sense? :D
Sorry for being so useless at explaining the ridiculous anomalies I'm seeing in their crappy, inconsistent CGI feckery! Image
lux

Unread post by lux »

BTW, I found the wedding ring. He's wearing it on a cord around his neck. It pops out from behind his head (under his right ear) briefly during the word cutout thing.

Also BTW, I don't see the words as being CGI nor Kelly hanging upside down. For one thing he'd be hanging at an angle and bent at the waist while manipulating objects. It would be awkward as hell. But, if he is upside down and if the words are CGI then the cord around his neck would have to be CGI too.

I don't completely rule out CGI but it just doesn't look like it to me. Except for the "interference" which is fake of course. The interference seems to be trying to convince us they are in space which makes me think they must not be or they wouldn't be trying to convince us. That's why I made the Vomit Comet conclusion.

There are tons of "weightless astronaut" videos with floating objects. It's not a big deal for them to do it. Whether they're really done in space is another matter but I think the weightlessness is either real or simulated via Vomit Comet or other means.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

What a vomitable, pseudo-peacenick V-prick. :rolleyes:

Has Bono ever dismantled anyone but himself?
nonhocapito

lux wrote:BTW, I found the wedding ring. He's wearing it on a cord around his neck. It pops out from behind his head (under his right ear) briefly during the word cutout thing.

Also BTW, I don't see the words as being CGI nor Kelly hanging upside down. For one thing he'd be hanging at an angle and bent at the waist while manipulating objects. It would be awkward as hell. But, if he is upside down and if the words are CGI then the cord around his neck would have to be CGI too.

I don't completely rule out CGI but it just doesn't look like it to me. Except for the "interference" which is fake of course. The interference seems to be trying to convince us they are in space which makes me think they must not be or they wouldn't be trying to convince us. That's why I made the Vomit Comet conclusion.

There are tons of "weightless astronaut" videos with floating objects. It's not a big deal for them to do it. Whether they're really done in space is another matter but I think the weightlessness is either real or simulated via Vomit Comet or other means.
Yeah I tend to agree with you, the videos from the interiors of the ISS and shuttle do look particularly "believable" so to speak. This has been discussed before and a lot of hypotheses have been made. From CGI to "magic" tricks a la Copperfield with invisible threads, from filming missions inside high-altitude planes to them having a filming studio capable of re-creating weightlessness with magnets or the vomit comet or something. Let's not forget the wide array of "scenes" that the actornauts have been played over the years. We even had a guy playing a trumpet on the ISS... sometimes, with certain scenes, CGI appears the most obvious possibility. Some other times, when you have dozens of objects floating around and three or four different actors at play, it does seems difficult. It remains that the videos are fake. So methinks we'll figure it out sooner or later. :)
Terence.drew

Unread post by Terence.drew »

NASA have fired their previous animators. This video clip of Kelly by the new animators is quite slick and is very much in line with NASA's new 'add stars to the photos' policy of this year.

However their new efforts are even more see through and pathetic.

Here is Kelly before his bout of verbal diarrhea and just before a blast of 'interference. Lets call this 'Kelly1 pic'

Enter interference. The original clips cuts to this grainy effect for a few frames...
I made this photo below in photoshop from the 'kelly1pic' using the following filter MEZZOTINT-GRAINY DOTS. You can find this effect in the PIXELATE collection.. I thought it was the film grain filter but it is not.
The 'interference' then continues in the original clip for another few frames turning into this lined effect ...
I made this photo below in photoshop from 'keely1pic' using the following filter MEZZOTINT - SHORT STROKES(PIXELATE). I thought it was crayon or some other filter but it is this one.

more 'interference' later with new shockingly obvious and transparent filter effect...
with this frame following the one above...the word 'nation', floating upwards in the frame above, is now at the bottom of the screen

My take on U2 is as follows. Like in the film 'Trading Places', perps enjoy and get a kick out of turning once talents and outspoken people into their own Satan's little helpers through the process of drip feeding their egos and plying them with money. Think of all the grammys U2 have won and as Simon rightly points out above Bonos little visits to the white house etc. Same goes for the other Irish walking embarrassment SIR bob Geldof. Same goes for politicians.
The biggest risk to perps are well known people speaking the truth. They must replace the natural cultural dialogue with their own form of culture dialogue populated with their automatons and superblands.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

Terence.drew wrote:NASA have fired their previous animators. This video clip of Kelly by the new animators is quite slick and is very much in line with NASA's new 'add stars to the photos' policy of this year.

However their new efforts are even more see through and pathetic.
Indeed they are, Terence, more cartoony all right. Pinning down how they do all of it is difficult when they evidently use a combination of techniques and methods and mix them around according to who/what/where and the intended effect. e.g. Some actornauts seemed to be suspended in harnesses, others 'wafted' up & down in 20 minute long 'interviews from space' while their lower body/legs were conveniently out of shot.
One early one (on NASA's site) has the supposed Columbia crew in 2003 'sitting' rather still, but the Commander holding the mic at waist level deliberately opens his hands to let it float up — looking like it was helium-filled!

Kelly sure is leaning oddly, as though facing down over a ledge, lower body hidden — and it must be awfully drafty to cause those 'cards' to go spinning off in all directions, eh. Their 'space videos' have always appeared unnatural and contrived, but this is one of the worst.
My take on U2 is as follows. Like in the film 'Trading Places', perps enjoy and get a kick out of turning once talents and outspoken people into their own Satan's little helpers through the process of drip feeding their egos and plying them with money. Think of all the grammys U2 have won and as Simon rightly points out above Bonos little visits to the white house etc. Same goes for the other Irish walking embarrassment SIR bob Geldof. Same goes for politicians.
The biggest risk to perps are well known people speaking the truth. They must replace the natural cultural dialogue with their own form of culture dialogue populated with their automatons and superblands.
I agree, well said. :)
lux

Unread post by lux »

Terence.drew wrote:
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ydz5-ecdpg
I've been mulling this ISS Kelly "space" message over and I'm beginning to wonder if the segment with Kelly may have been done underwater -- or at least the portion where he does the floating words bit. The fake interference being inserted to hide the necessary cuts in going from a dry to a wet environment.

If you notice, the segment is in 3 parts separated by the fake "interference":
- first a 10 second portion where Kelly says, "Hello Seattle ..."
- then some fake interference
- then, when we come back from the interference, the camera position has changed and the lighting looks a bit different from the first part and the camera has also gone from apparently being hand-held to its being tripod-mounted with a slow zoom-in as he releases the words
- then we have approximately 30 seconds as Kelly does the floating words which, to me, behave as they would if released underwater and Kelly does not speak during this part. It looks to me that the words swirl about as objects underwater would if there was some movement in the water surrounding them
- then another bit of "interference" and cutaway to U2
- then back for another 10 seconds where Kelly says, "I'm looking forward to coming home ... Tell my wife ... blah blah" as he seems to float toward camera and out of frame. The band around his neck seems to float here as well.

My thoughts on this are -
- in the first 10-second part Kelly is simply talking to the camera in a dry environment and his body (with lower part hidden) bobs around a little (easily done mechanically)
- then they fill the space with water (or other liquid) and he simply holds his breath for 30 seconds as he does the floating words bit -- any bubbles being digitally removed
- in the last 10-second portion he is dry again and they simply "bob" him toward the camera and add the floating necklace via CGI

The first and last 10-second portion being probably shot at the same time and the middle portion shot at another time and cut into the middle.

There is also another, admittedly speculative possibility -- a thing called liquid breathing which, we are told, is only theoretical, in which it would be possible for a person to be submerged in a liquid which is breathable as was depicted in the Hollywood movie "The Abyss." Or, a less "far out" possibility is that a liquid was used which produces less bubbles or other giveaways than would plain water.

It's also very convenient that Kelly has no hair on his head to float around (or not) B)
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

Just realised Kelly quotes from Bowie's 'Major Tom' with '...tell my wife I love her very much, she knows...'
Hmmm...
nonhocapito

lux wrote:when we come back from the interference, the camera position has changed and the lighting looks a bit different from the first part and the camera has also gone from apparently being hand-held to its being tripod-mounted with a slow zoom-in as he releases the words
Regarding the interference in that video, and responding about this to the post by Terrence.drew above:

I think it is obvious that the video, since it was featured in a mass pop concert, was largely edited in post-production in an "official" way, to make it more appealing for the U2 public.

So, just like the golden, unchanging background is not supposed to be a real background, but it is a "special effect", so the "interferences" are nothing but transitions between cuts that can have whatever explanation due to the various stages in which the shots may have been filmed. They are not supposed to be "real" interferences in term of fakery, but just some embellishment for the occasion.

Obviously I am not saying this to relieve in any way the faked nature of this video, but just to discern between different levels of alteration.

The hypothesis of the water is interesting, certainly there are algorithms that can take care of the bubbles even in real time with amazing results. The only problem that I have is with other scenes where we have astronauts talking and interacting in ways that exclude the presence of water. In those cases the problem must be solved some other way, and it seems redundant to have so many ways to take care of the same problem.