Fakery in Orbit: THE I$$

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
Seneca

Re: Fakery in Orbit: THE I$$

Unread post by Seneca »

Yes we van see it very well!
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

Maybe it was coming from or going to the Moth-er Ship?
Critical Mass

Unread post by Critical Mass »

Whatever 'it' is.. 'it' changes its speed & direction of travel on multiple occasions.

Whilst allegedly in a free fall orbit... in a vacuum.

This is impossible in the 'world of NASA'.

And requires a serious & rational explanation by any believers out there.

Who votes for 'video compression artifact' caused by youtube itself?

omaxsteve
Banned

Unread post by omaxsteve »

I am curious as to how they manage the "space walks" outside a vehicle moving at such a high speed. The fact that these amazing astroNOTs are able to perform such tasks while tethered to a moving vehicle boggles my mind.

Regards,

Steve O.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Seneca wrote:Yes we van see it very well!
Did you mean, "Yes, we can see it very well!" ? Or are you trying to dilute the discovery with sloppy posts? This moth thing is kind of a big deal, you know! :ph34r:
lux

Unread post by lux »

SpaceX's "Dragon Departs the ISS"

This is so fake looking they had to feign "image noise" to try to hide it.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVd0F5WnNf0

Too bad NASA & billionaire Elon Musk can't afford a decent camera to record their achievements ...
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! That's unbelievably terrible quality!

"Turbulance" ha ha ha ha ...

Oh shit, they must really be laughing at people who buy this. Hasselblad couldn't help them out this time? :lol:
Critical Mass

Unread post by Critical Mass »

Now maybe it's just me but is this scene not rather surprisingly dark for something that is meant to be occurring in direct sunlight?

The solar panels seem to be reflecting very little light yet are these not the same reflections which are alleged to be visible from Earth?

Yet at the same time I don't think anyone is alleging that flashing strobe lights are meant to be visible from Earth... however here they are apparently far brighter than the panel reflections?
lux

Unread post by lux »

In this Christmas fluff video from the ISS ...

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdvf1g8N5AA

... after the woman nudges the floating Christmas stocking with her arm note the odd "kick" that it takes to the right as if pushed by an invisible force.

Reminds me of the self propelled taco trick mentioned here.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

I've noticed a push on the flesh-eating zombie-death-cult "icons". Her watch is quite interesting!
Ever hang upside down? Your flesh hangs from your body, and seen from upright it looks weird! Shouldn't all that ISS flab be hanging up?
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

If you have lots of time on your hands, you can read dozens of NASA audit reports here:
http://oig.nasa.gov/audits/reports/FY15/index.html

The reports are very general in scope, or should I say vague?

An example:
[...] On October 20, 2008, Honeywell submitted the first protest to GAO claiming NASA’s evaluation of the proposals and subsequent source selection decision was improper. On January 27, 2009, GAO ordered that NASA reevaluate ITT’s past performance. After reevaluation, NASA awarded the contract to ITT on April 7, 2009. Following this award, Honeywell filed a second protest with GAO on April 24, 2009, claiming NASA irrationally evaluated the past performance of ITT and its proposed team members, and as a result, NASA’s best value decision was unsupportable. GAO held a hearing on June 25, 2009, to determine whether NASA’s reevaluation of ITT’s past performance was proper. On June 30, 2009, NASA notified GAO of its intent to take corrective action in response to the second protest by reevaluating updated past performance information obtained from each bidder, Internet resources, and direct contact with references. After the corrective action was completed, NASA again selected ITT for the Space Communications Network Services contract. On July 13 and 20, 2009, respectively, Honeywell and ITT submitted Agency-level protests regarding NASA’s planned corrective action. On August 11, 2009, the NASA contracting officer denied Honeywell’s protest. The ITT protest was also denied on August 11, 2009, as untimely. On August 21, 2009, Honeywell submitted its third protest to GAO claiming NASA’s corrective action was improper because it was limited to the issue of past performance. GAO denied this protest on November 23, 2009, stating the agency decision to limit corrective action to the area of past performance is unobjectionable where it is sufficient to remedy the procurement impropriety at issue [...]
http://oig.nasa.gov/audits/reports/FY10/IG-10-023.pdf
And so it goes, on and on. Yawn!

Sounds a bit like the priceless conversation between the wiseguys in the Italian restaurant in the comedy "Analyze this".
- Did you take care of that thing?
- I took care of it.
- And the other?
- I got to wait for the first before I can move on to the second.
- The guy give you a problem?
- The guy in the first thing? He's a lunatic.
- What did he say?
- The usual.
- You told him you weren't doing it?
- What am I going to do?
- Gotta nip that shit in the bud.
- But if the first comes through, that'll fix everything.
- Including the second thing...
- Exactly.
However, I did learn that the ISS will be "in operation" for another 10 years. At only USD 4 billion a year.
In November 2013, the ISS completed 15 years of continuous operation in low Earth orbit, marking a significant achievement in the history of human spaceflight. Two months later, the Administration announced its intent to extend Station operations until 2024. Originally designed and tested for a 15 year life span, the ISS may now operate for 26 years. The United States has invested almost $75 billion in the ISS including construction, operating costs, and transportation and NASA will continue to spend between $3 and $4 billion per year to maintain and operate the Station going forward (this investment includes $43.7 billion for construction and program costs through 2013, plus $30.7 billion for 37 supporting Space Shuttle flights, the last of which took place in July 2011).
http://oig.nasa.gov/audits/reports/FY14/IG-14-031.pdf
Starbucked

Unread post by Starbucked »

As Scott Kelly is set to spend a year on the orbiting septic tank, ISS, it's time to look at photos of him and his twin as kids.

http://time.com/3637118/astronaut-twins ... rly-years/

What is going on with mom's head on this body? :blink:

Houston, Mrs Kelly's head has achieved nominal geostationary orbit over her body, over.
Last edited by Starbucked on Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

Love the 8:39 on the clock too!
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Starbucked wrote:As Scott Kelly is set to spend a year on the orbiting septic tank, ISS, it's time to look at photos of him and his twin as kids.

What is going on with mom's head on this body? :blink:
WTF? :lol: :blink:
Starbucked

Unread post by Starbucked »

There are 13 pictures in that Time magazine link. Some are just bizarre. I'm just a few years younger than the Twins, but I don't recall seeing children's clothes like that growing up. The Kelly boys must have been subject to some serious schoolyard abuse. Maybe that motivated them to achieve greatness :P

Why is the right twin's head double the size of the left twin? I'm no photographer, but this just looks wrong. Is he THAT much closer to the camera?

I guess these fabrications somehow fit the narrative.