The MOON HOAX

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
simonshack
Administrator

Re: The MOON HOAX

Unread post by simonshack » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:53 pm

:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

Sorry folks, I just CANNOT STOP LAUGHING!

Fecebook has just sent me THIS notification:

Translation:
"Your comment violates our community standards in terms of spam material"
No one can see your comment.
We have created these standards to impede false publicity, frauds and security violations."
Yet, all I wrote was...
"Let's hope that the designers of the new lunar suits will not forget this essential piece of equipment : THE SUNGLASSES POCKET (as of this old drawing from the official NASA website)"
We truly live in a very, very silly world...

pov603

Unread post by pov603 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:10 am

Wow!
Disgusting and shocking.
That suit does look fake though, no “cup-holder”…

brianv

Unread post by brianv » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:39 pm

"I know a bloke who went there!" To which you all reply FUCK OFF.

How can you land on an atmospheric phenomenon? The other morning at 6am I noted that it resembled an upwards facing Rainbow. :rolleyes:

My bestest anagram ever. Danah! Space Toilet >>>>> Police State

Seneca

Unread post by Seneca » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:22 pm

The suit systems must provide an artificial atmosphere (100-percent oxygen for breathing and for pressurisation to 3.7 psi)
As I have written in the past, I think the idea that people can thrive on 100% oxygen at reduced pressure is a dangerous hoax within the space hoax.

patrix

Unread post by patrix » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:52 pm

Seneca wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:22 pm
The suit systems must provide an artificial atmosphere (100-percent oxygen for breathing and for pressurisation to 3.7 psi)
As I have written in the past, I think the idea that people can thrive on 100% oxygen at reduced pressure is a dangerous hoax within the space hoax.
Why so? It's fine to breath pure oxygen at reduced atmospheric pressure afaik. Everest climbers do this for example. Perhaps you are confusing it with the problem of breathing pure oxygen at increased pressure? It becomes toxic at about two atmospheres.

How about derailing the last comments after the sunglass pocket including this one?

Seneca

Unread post by Seneca » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:37 pm

One reason is that you need carbon oxide in your blood. See for example https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocapnia

Afaik Everest climbers use their oxygen supply in combination with normal air.

Divers use it perhaps but not for a long time. The longest spacewalks are supposed to be more than 8 hours.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... spacewalks
Last edited by Seneca on Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

patrix

Unread post by patrix » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:11 am

Not saying it wouldn't be insane to have a pure oxygen atmosphere as they claim is used in the space station. The fire hazard for one thing would be enormous. But to say it would be particularly medically harmful to breathe pure oxygen at reduced pressure is simply incorrect. https://science.howstuffworks.com/question493.htm

Seneca

Unread post by Seneca » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:19 am

Maybe you are right, and I am indeed confusing the toxic effects of the high-pressure oxygen atmosphere that was supposedly used in the Mercury and Gemini programs and at the start of the Apollo program.

Edit: it seems the higher pressure was only supposed to be used during launch. " The pressure before launch was deliberately greater than ambient in order to drive out the nitrogen-containing air and replace it with pure oxygen, and also to seal the plug door hatch cover". Sorry about that. In that case the insane part is the fire hazard that you mentioned.

patrix

Unread post by patrix » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:39 am

Seneca, Yeah I mean space travel and ISS is one crazy story in many ways. Imagine using computers and electric equipment in a pure oxygen environment. One spark, even only electrostatic - boom. Fatty foods like peanuts will actually oxidize so quickly in such an environment that they can self combust. And come to think of it, even though breathing pure oxygen might not be a problem at least not up to 48 hours, living in a pure oxygen atmosphere is a completely different story. An impossible oxidation hell story I'd say.